Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Jake squeezed her hand to show her it was okay. His thumb caressed her hand.

"Babe...I don't hate your job. I think you are amazing at your job. I want to travel with you to show my support. I feel it's hard to do that from home. It's just your schedule that I don't like sometimes. Sometimes it's not so bad. When you're away your boys miss you..."

"I'm sorry you feel that way...I've been trying hard to showyou that I do support you..." He spoke softly.

"Adri do you believe that?"

Adri looked away from Jake again and slowly brought her eyes back down to his. "No."

The therapist looked at Jake, "What can Jake do to help prove that he is being supportive?" She asked.

"He could not bring up travel time the second I bring up having a new job. He could just be happy for me for a second before making me feel bad for having to leave. I get it. Leaving sucks. I wish I could work from home but I don't have that luxury. I want to be withMax and Owen but I have to leave every now and then to give them an amazing life. If I don't want to work in five years I need to work mybutt off now. I need to have a savings that allows me to sit back and have kids and be a mom and a wife. I'm setting us up for a future where we can do whatever we want. I don't want to rely on just what you made. It will be what we made together. If he could not make me feel guilty for that, it would be great." She said.

"And I know you said include him. I'll include him on the scheduling. We are linking calendars but if he really wants to go through every offer with me we can sit down and do it tomorrow morning."

Jake hurt a bit that she didn't believe him that he was being supportive. He listened though without interrupting. His eyes watched her.

"I'm sorry you don't believe I'm being supportive. I'll try to not ask about travel time. I don't mean to hurt you or make you feel guilty by that. I'll be happy and proud of you first." He only was asking so he knew what to expect. Sometimes she got excited and left that part out.

Jake didn't know what she was talking about, about going through all the jobs. "What?" He looked confused.

He felt like two inches tall, like he was failing Adri as a boyfriend and fiancé. He looked down.

"Adri would you like to explain." The therapist guided.

Adri looked at Jake, "She thinks it would be in our best interest if I sat down with you and went over every job I am offered. We can talk about what I will and won't take, how long I will be gone and whatever else needs to be discussed so when I do have a job, you won't feel blindsided. Would you like that?" Adri asked and gave his hand a squeeze.

At the end of the day, Adri just wanted to make this work. It would only work if she listened to what the therapist told her to try. If it didn't work then it didn't work but at least they tried it out.

He looked at Adri then the therapist before going back to Adri and listening as she explained. "We decide together or you just explain it to me and still decide on your down what you take? I'm just trying to understand. Either way it sounds like something we can definitely try." He nodded at her. "What do you think though?"

He looked at the therapist to see if she had any more questions. Jake was starting to think he was the problem. Maybe he was the reason for her not being ready to get married. Because he didn't make her feel supported.

In the end it didn't matter what jobs she was offered, he'd support her and tell her to take all of them. If she wanted to work and be away from her family, that was her decision. He couldn't and wouldn't force her to stay at home or somewhere else she didn't want to be. He would support her first on anything she wanted to do.

"You tell me how you feel about the job and then from that I can make an educated decision with both of our inputs." She shrugged her shoulder, "We can try it out. That's all we can do."

The therapist smiled at Adri and looked at Jake. "I think that's a good step. Jake how would you feel about Adri sitting down with you and discussing jobs?" She asked.

After he answered she looked at her notes, "Alright home work time. I want you both to sit down and go over the jobs and I want you both to go on a date. Adri this would be a no phone occasion. Jake for Owen purposes you can take your phone."

Jake like how she worded it, she'd make an educated decision. That meant she'd still do what she wanted to do. She was right about them trying it and that was all they could do.

"Sounds nice. I'm willing to try it." He tried to sound optimistic.

Jake nodded. "Okay." He assumed they were done with the other little exercise so he turned back to how he was sitting before and slowly let go of Adri's hands. "I won't be on it unless my dad calls."

Adri turned back and nodded her head to staying off of her phone.

"Alrighty then that's it for today. Easy right? I think we will do one on one sessions every few meetings. Then our couples meeting will be short. So I will see you in three days." She smiled and stood up. "Unless there was something more that you want to say to each other?" She sat back down and watched them.

"One last thing actually. Tell your partner what you love about them. Adri you start."

Adri looked at the therapist, "What I love about him?" She asked and looked at Jake, "I love that he's dedicated to doing whatever it takes wether it's for work or home. I love how he can beat a guy to submission and then be the gentle giant with Owen. I love the weird smile that he had on his face at two in the morning when he's knocked out. I love him." She said softly and smiled at Jake. "I really do love you."

Jake didn't have anything specific to say to Adri. He apologized to her for making her feel the way she did about him and her job.

He smiled a bit when she started to say what she loved about him. Then he looked at her confused. "I smile in my sleep? I need proof of this..." He chuckled. "I love you too..."

"I love everything about her...I love the way she is with Owen and how she is protective of him. I love how even when I don't think that I'm going to win a fight or I'm down on myself she reminds me of how good I am and how determined I am. She believes I'm going to win even when I don't. I love that she reminds me even if I don't win she will still love me and be here for me. I love how excited she gets about fashion weeks or certain jobs. I love when she gets playful and competitive. I love her smile and look when she wants me. And thanks to you I won't see that for awhile..." He teased the therapist. "I love how important her family is to her...I love you..." He said looking at her.

"Alright, just remember that you asked for th eproof. You also talk in your sleep but that's not as cute." She teased.

The therapist chuckled and looked at the two of them. "I want you two to remember that. No matter what you are fighting over, Adri you love the smile on his face when he is asleep and Jake you love her playful competitive nature. This is the person that you picked." She told them and closed her notebook. "Alright, we are finished. I will see you both in three days." She stood up and opened the door to the office. She shook their hands and wished them a good day before closing the door.

Adri looked at Jake, "That wasn't too bad." She said softly and put her hand on his good elbow.

"I do not!" He said with an eyeroll.

He smiled a bit as the therapist made a good point. Adri was who he picked and he loved her. He nodded at her. Jake shook the woman's hand and thanked her.

It may not have been so bad for Adri but it got to Jake a bit. "It could have been worse I guess." He was quiet as he walked to the elevator. "Want to stop for a smoothie before going home? I kinda want to talk more where we can focus on us. I don't want our date tonight to be therapy but a date."

Adri made a face that said differently and smiled at him. "It's okay. I still love you." She teased.

She nodded her head to stopping for a smoothie. He could have a smoothie. She didn't want the yogurt. She'd wait until they got to the penthouse. "Okay." She said agreeing to have a talk about them.

"Our date is tonight?" She asked. "I thought it was at some point this weekend. I mean we can. We can go on a date tonight if that's what you want." She smiled at him. "Does that mean we don't talk about therapy during our date?" She asked confused.

He gave her a look about him talking in his sleep. "You've never told me any of this..."

"Or if you want something else? I don't know what's on your food plan." He was trying ti be considerate and get a treat for both of them plus talk.

Jake was confused now too. "Oh I guess it doesn't have to be tonight. I must have misunderstood. I thought she said tonight. What night works best for you?" Jake had his own homework to work on too. "Well I just don't want either of us getting upset on our date."

Jake got in the elevator and when it closed he turned to Adri and pulled her to him. "I really am sorry...." He kissed her head. "I'll try to be better about things."

"I don't know what's on my food plan. I just go day by day. I do need to go grocery shopping maybe we can do that together with Owen? And if you have a meal you want from your food binder we can make it too. Some of your meals are pretty good." She teased.

"We can go tonight. I was just surprised you wanted to do it so soon. We don't know what's good around here either. We can go home and look up some restaurants and decide from there." She offered.

She hugged him back and kissed his chin. "I'm sorry too. You are the only in this. I know my schedule is difficult but I do try to manage it. Maybe when you see the hassle on my end we will figure out something that works for the both of us." She smiled.

"I don't have my binder with me though...maybe we can find something online and make together. Maybe we can do that tonight and go out another night?" He shrugged. "I think it would be fun to make dinner together."

Jake gave Adri a nod. "That way it will give us time to research a nice place to go and what exactly to do around here."

"I know you do. I do. I know you try hard to be home and make your boys happy. I know that. But Adge...I really am very proud of you." He gave her a nod and kissed her softly. Jake felt better talking even just a bit to Adri. He kissed her deeper and bit her lip. "Too bad we can't kick elevator off our bucket list..." He sighed with a smile.

She nodded her head, "Yeah we can make dinner together." She smiled and rubbed his back. "Alright then we can pick a meal from the meal plan together and then go grocery shopping with O and then go home and cook."

"There are cameras in the elevator Boo. That's not really something I want to be on TMZ for." She smiled at him and kissed his lips again, "But one day we will find an elevator so we can kick it off of our bucket it list. We should call it a fuckit list though."

When the elevator opened she took his hand and walked with him out to the street. A paparazzo was standing outside waiting for them and snapped a few pictures and asked what they were doing and how they were doing and where Owen was. Adri was tight lipped after her incident with the media and she didn't want the world to know she and Jake were in counseling. Then everyone would put their two cents in and that was really not what the wanted.

"Why isn't Owen with you guys?" The guy asked for the millionth time and Adri rolled her eyes, "Because unlike some people I don't want to parade my kids around for the media. He doesn't need to in your camera unless Jake and I want to publish a picture of him. My kid is off limits."

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we can do a lemon pepper salmon. That sounds good..." He smiled at her.

Jake chuckled. "If we had a sex tape, at least it's us...but I understand. Fickit list. I like that. That's clever." He kissed her shoulder.

He sighed at the cameras. Why could they not go places and not have them in their face. He wrapped his arm around Adri and kept her close. He held his arm up to get through them. Jake got them to the car fairly quickly and opened the door. "He also enjoys his naps." Jake joked before getting in next to Adri. "That wasn't too bad. Do we want to just go or bring Owen shopping? Do we want himnout with that?"

"If they figure out why we were there hopefully they get pics of us kissing too..."

She nodded her head, "With steamed broccoli." She thought about something else they could have with it. "You know what I am really craving though?" She asked. "Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Men that would be so good. How about after the photoshoot tomorrow, we go get some pie."

She shook her head to wanting Owen bombarded with the paparazzi. She didn't want him to freak out or experience that. "Let's just get the groceries and get him and go home." She said softly. She started a list on her phone, "What all do we need?" She asked and wrote down everything they needed.

She nodded her head, "Let's just hope they don't figure out what is in that building." She said softly.

He thought about pie. "Where are we going to find that Adge? We can get broccoli. I may get some cheese for it for mine..." He shrugged.

"Okay." He held her hand and caressed it with his thumb. He went through a list of stuff to get. "Babe...this is a random thing. I want to go shopping before we leave...stock up a cart each of canned goods and take it to a shelter here..." He looked at her for her thoughts.

He sighed a bit. "Yeah well they probably will. We should be prepared for that. We can always say that we just wanted to get premarital counseling because some pastors require that." Jake wasn't ashamed for needing some help. They live a busy hectic life. Why not work things out now before getting married?

She shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know but I want apple pie. If I have to make it myself I will but I do want apple pie."

She nodded her head to getting a cart or two of stuff for a shelter. I kind of want to donate to an animal shelter in Vegas too. And try not to adopt all of the animals." She smiled at him. "But yeah. We can donate to a shelter out here."

She knew they would eventually. "My dad did say he wanted us to do that." She said softly. "I thought he was just being overprotective of his only daughter but this is kind of like premarital counseling." She shrugged her shoulder.

"I'm sure a diner here has good apple pie. We may be able to buy a whole pie even." He started looking for ideas on his phone.

Jake gave Adri a look. "Babe...no...you will want to adopt them all and we can't adopt a dog right now. Maybe later on...okay?" He kissed her cheek. "I want to rescue a pit. I a want a pit to be my ultimate work out buddy. One who looks like he's on steroids." He joked with a smile.

He rubbed her leg. "I don't think premarital counseling is bad. Regardless we're trying to strengthen our relationship. We're not going to break up we're going to be stronger as a couple and family. Really scheduling is our biggest issue. We just need to figure out a happy medium." He smiled at her.

When they arrived at the grocery he got out and waited for Adri to wrap his arm around her until he grabbed a cart. "I'm proud of you for sticking to your meal plan. It can be kinda hard."

"But they look so sad when they are in the cages." She said softly. "Maybe later though." She said softly. "Owen took my dog though so I get a frenching and you get your pit and we will all be happy." She smiled.

"It's not a bad thing." She agreed. She just didn't want everyone to know they were doing it. If everyone did know then she wanted to tell the world with Jake rather than have a media source tell the world they were on the rocks with a slew of untrue statements.

She nodded her head, "Very hard. Especially when you want apple pie. Maybe if I just eath E filling and leave the crust out it will be fine. I guess I can forgo the vanilla ice cream." She said sadly and shrugged her shoulder.

She pulled her phone out sod they could go down the list. She went down the baby aisle and got more baby wipes and diapers. "Our chunky boy is going out of the wines we have. His butt keeps popping out." She smiled. "It's really cute."

Jake smiled and chuckled a bit. "At least when we get new dogs we've decided no puppies unless we rescue a puppy." He chuckled at Owen stealing her dog. "Babe...I don't think it was all Owen, Max was a bit of a traitor...but we can't blame him for that. They both are big mama boys so it doesn't matter." He smiled at her.

"Do we want to tell the world ourselves? How can we do that and people not take it differently than how we want them to take it?" A lot of times things were better when it came from themselves instead of the media. That's why they chose to show Owen to the world the way they wanted to.

Jake chuckled. "You can treat yourself from time to time. Babe...you can eat anything...we will just hit the gym after and work it off. I can't work out but I can go with you and motivate you. It may be fun in a noncompetitive way." He gave her butt a little pat.

"He needs to be on a meal plan." He joked and chuckled a bit. "Should we get him some baby food? Or just keep feeding him whatever we're having?"

"He was but Owen is cute so I can't really blame him. Owen stole my dog." She claimed and left it at that.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. We can but I don't think it's their business." She said softly. "It's not something that involves them so why should we involve them? You know?"

She thought about it and nodded eh rhead, "Yes, he needs his own food, Mr Chocolate Milk. We can buy a cheep little food processor around her here somewhere and make the recipes I know he likes."

He couldn't have argued any of that because Owen was cute and he did kinda steal Adri's dog. But both boys did love their mom. They'd cuddle her in bed all day if they could.

Jake pulled his phone out and checked some stuff as they talked and shopped. "That's true. It is our business and that's it. You always tell me it shouldn't matter what others think right?"

He gave her a nod. "I'm find with getting a little food processor. I am getting him some chocolate milk. We can share. I like chocolate milk." He went down to grab a food processor and then grab a gallon of chocolate milk. He also tossed in some veggies and fruits. "What are we making? Should we get stuff for a nice salad to go with dinner?"

Back
Top Bottom