Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"Okay. I said, I didn't want you with me because you were hurt and I wanted you to get healthy and I didn't want to see you in pain and then you said, that you were just going to stay home from now on. I don't understand how you got to that point. I don't get why you make me feel like such a bitch for wanting you to focus on your health." She told him.

She didn't pull her hand back when he reached out to hers. "I told you I needed space and you hugged me. I told you what I needed and you did the complete opposite. I need air and I need space when I'm frustrated."

She looked at him again, "I don't want us too either. But it's bound to happen some times."

Jake shook his head. "You said I never listen...I told you in there that, that is NOT what I was saying at all. What I had said was....Then I screwed up and should have stayed home. Meaning this time. Then you acted like you don't like Owen being left with either of our parents or Amy, so when you travel and have work like in Tokyo, I can't exactly bring Owen with me, so that means I have to stay home Adri. I don't understand why you don't want our family to be with him but a random stranger, that's okay..." He let out a sigh, "I'm not meaning to make you feel that way. I was only trying to again explain how I feel."

"You pushed me away the minute I called after you before I even touched you." He grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry I was trying something too...you push me away a lot after a fight so I tried to not let you just walk away from me pissed off...and it backfired." He looked away and thought it over a second. The more Jake thought of it, he felt like he was the only one to ever really apologize or try to fix a fight. Adri just walked away or ran off to work.

Jake looked at her and nodded. "If I didn't ask to talk would we have talked about this or would you have just ignored it?"

"I don't have issues with you coming with me, I have issues with you putting me first when you are injured. Right now you need to put you first. This trip to Tokyo was nothing compared to what you would have lost if something went wrong. You never being able to fight again would destroy you. Do you really think I am so self centered that I would make you travel with me when it could mean ruining your career? I just don't get why you keep sacrificing yourself for me. And do not say for love because I know we love each other but I'd never ask you to ruin your career because you love me."

She shrugged her shoulders at him, "I don't like being touched after an arguement." Did it really matter what happened after the fight? Clearly it did to him and if she said something about it he would probably get mad. "Next time I will just stand there, okay?"

She shrugged her shoulder but they both knew the answer. "I'm not a fan of confrontation so I just walk away until we are calm and at least cordial around each other and then from there we will go back to normal when we forget about what the fight was about. It's not a good way but it works. I'll try to fix it, okay?"

Jake looked at Adri and shook his head. "You never once asked me to go to Tokyo. You don't have to ask. I want to be there." Jake moved so he could look at Adri better. "I'm not blaming you for anything. Nor would I. I made the decision on my own to vome. You didn't make me do a damn thing. I did it. But I'm sorry, to answer your question...yes it is because I love you. And yes people who love each other make sacrifices. Yes I want to fight and yes I want to become champion. But Adri do you really think any of that is going to matter when I'm laying on my death bed? Or do you think knowing I was a selfless husband to the woman I love and supported her is going to matter? Your happiness is what matters. And I got medically cleared before we traveled...if I didn't I said I would have stayed."

Jake shook his head. "I don't want you to just stand there. If you can't be touched then you can't. I won't force you."

"Adri sometimes you leave for days before we can talk about it...that resolves nothing but is just going to upset me more. No it's not working. What we've been doing isn't working..." She still seemed like she didn't want to touch him so he let go of her hand.

"I get that you want to be there but this was a circumstance where I would have been okay if you missed it. Had you just been training and didn't have a fight scheduled and didn't want to come, then I would be upset." She nodded her head, understanding what he was saying but he needed to understand what she was saying too.

"Okay. I get that. You want to support me and be by my side for everything. I love that. I want the same thing for you. Since the moment you met your goal was to become champion and I told you I would do everything I could to get you to your goals. Now you are injured and the best thing for you right now is rest so you can heal. Everything else doesn't matter. You need to rest and get better so you can get back on track with your goal. Because I know it's killing you to not be able to work out and train and get pre-prepared for this next fight. I want your nerve fixed, you training at the gym and getting ready for the fight before Dana even schedules it and for you to be able to do that, you need to rest."

She nodded her head, "I know. We will work on it. We are working on it. It won't happen overnight but we are working on it."

Jake nodded. "Alright. I get it. You want me to be resting. But Adge you have to understand. I get stir crazy. I'd be going crazy if I was stuck at home, by myself. There's only so much I can do sitting at home on the couch. I get sick of watching tv. I'm not a person who just sits at home and does nothing. I'm always working out or moving or doing something active. I can't do that. At least here I can spend time with you as I relax. I'm not overdoing it here or anything. You knew that I'd be going crazy not being able to do anything. I can only watch so much Sportscenter. I know...I know it's shocking."

He moved a piece of hair from her face. "I love you for wanting to help me reach my goals and my dreams. But that isn't everything in life baby." He grabbed her hand again.

He gave her another nod to them working on it. "Yeah...I know it will take time." She still didn't seem to get what she was doing was an issue but he let it go for now. At least they made some progress talking about things.

"I know. I like you being here. I don't want to be here by myself for a month. Tokyo I could have done alone because it was only a few days and i know I would talk to you and Owen at the end of the day. And I was busy everyday. It was a work trip, so we couldn't even really do anything."

She looked at him and frowned, "But it is a big part of your life. Maybe not on par with being a family man but it is a big part of your life. I don't want you to give that up for anyone, including me." She told him. if there was ever a time where he had to pick his own work or her work, she wanted him to pick his work.

"I just want us to be successful together. One person shouldn't have to sit on the back burner while the other succeeds. We are a team, Jake. As long as I can talk to you at the end of the day and now that you support me with what I do then I will be happy. You don't have to be present at every fashion show."

Jake nodded to her not wanting to be in New York for a month. It was going to be happening more and more that she'd be gone for longer time. Jake was slowly realizing, Adri wasn't ready to get married. She was more focused on work than walking down the aisle. She hadn't even brought up them traveling to see the locations. He wasn't going to be the one to bring it up either. She'd have to voice she wanted to do it. And for the right reasons.

"I know you don't want me to. But if it came to you or my work..." He just let her think about it a minute. It was something he felt he didn't have to even answer.

"I completely agree with you. But sometimes..." He shook his head. He felt like sometimes she wasn't really a team player. He also felt that if she had to choose between work and him, she'd pick work. "Okay...You don't have to be at every fight either." He let out a small sigh and rolled on his back. He waited to see if she'd say more before closing his eyes. Even though his eyes were closed he was seeing everything clearer.

"If I am in physical need. If I get in a car crash and I'm in the hospital then he'll yeah be by my side. I'll be by your side. When you get your surgery, if that's what you decide to do, then I'm taking time off and I'm going to be by your side through the surgery and through physical therapy. I'll take two months off if I have too because that's when you need me the most. That's when you need my support the most. And that's when I need to be by your side."

She watched him roll on his back with his passive aggressive comment and she rolled her eyes. She could have easily said whatever and rolled her side to get some sleep but that bulkshit and they both knew it.

"Bullshit." She called him out. "We support each other in different ways. I don't need you at every fashion show but every fight there is ritual and for whatever reason it is working. You may not need me at every fight but you damn sure want me there and I'm going to try my hardest to be there so we can do the ritual, so you can win. So bullshit to me not having to be at every fight."

He looked at her. "You're telling me if I have surgery and you have a big thing with Express or Victoria Secret you won't do it?" He looked at her confused. "Why can you pass that up jeopardizing your career for me but I can't support you? Why is it only okay if it's a medical situation?"

"Of course I want you there. There is a difference between wanting and needing. If you have work you have work. You yourself said there is going to come a time you miss a fight. It's going to happen." He shrugged.

Jake looked at her. "I didn't say something to upset you again or start another fight." He was ready for their next session. He just wanted to get things better...if they could.

"I'm doing all of that stuff now. Contacts are being signed, photo shoots are being done for both companies for the new season. I have an actual schedule of when I need to be here so I can be home more. I can take time off now and not worry about job seecurity. I won't have to take as many small jobs because I have two huge jobs. Three if you include the Super Bowl commercial. I won't have a job just pop up with Victoria's Secret and express. They will tell me when I am expected here weeks in advance."

She didn't know what to say to him about missing a fight. "I said there will come a time when I do but I just said that I will do everything in my power to be ther for it. I don't know what else to tell you. I'll try my best. You just don't seem to believe and I don't know how to make you."

"Okay." She said softly and fluffed a pillow. "Can I go to sleep or are you going to be upset if I do?"

"I was only using them as an example. An example of a big job. Sorry they weren't the best example." He let out a sigh. "Okay...it's just something new I guess I have to get used to."

He looked at her. He wanted to tell her because he felt work came first most of the time. It wasn't something he felt like getting into or fighting about.

"No. Go ahead and rest." He turned the tv down so she can go to sleep but kept it on. His mind was racing too much to try to sleep. His hand ran over his face and he let out a small sigh.

"I'll be home more. This is what you wanted." She said softly. She knew he didn't like her being gone all the time so she got jobs that would let her stay home more. She didn't see why he was so upset over it.

She turned on her side and tried to get some sleep. She couldn't get into a good sleeping rhythm and kept waking up. Eventually she got up at 2 in the morning and watched the city go b beneath her. When she came back in, she sat on the couch and eventually fell asleep there and she managed to stay asleep.

When she woke up in the morning, she took a shower and got dressed in one of the outfits she picked out then she went to check on Owen. She made the breakfast that was given to her by the nutritionist and waited for Owen to wake up.

"Adri...I want you to do what you want. I'm not saying that in a passive aggressive way. I sincerely mean that. I want you to do what you want. I don't want you later resenting me because you did what I wanted." He meant that too.

Jake let her try to sleep but before she woke up he was fast asleep. The pain pills seemed to help him sleep, but he didn't want to become depend on them.

He didn't even feel her get up when she went out to watch the city and sleep on the couch. He did wake up rather early though and was awake when Owen woke up. He got him when he started moving around and talked to him as he got him changed and dressed for the day. He came downstairs holding Owen. "I'm taking Owen to go get breakfast. I'll see you whenever you get home?"

She heard Owen get up but she also heard Jake up to get him and since he was taking care of that,she had nothing to do. She turned the TV on to make it look like she wasn't waiting for Owen to wake up and when they came down and she smiled at Jake and Owen and went to givenowen a kiss.

"Oh. Okay. Uh yeah. I don't know what time I'll be home. The afternoon at some point." She told him and rubbed Owen's back."

She waited until they left to go into the kitchen and put the breakfast she made in a bowl to eat and put the rest in the fridge. When she was finished she washed her dish, grabbed her coat and bag and then went to the car to go to her meeting.

It was fun for the most part, once they got the paperwork out of the way. She loved the designs they had and the ideas they had for her. She couldn't wait to start working for them.

When the meeting was over, she deciddd to be a tourist and walk home but got caught by one paparazzo and then more flocked to her until she was surrounded by flashes and couldn't walk. She put her hand up and bag up to try and block the flashes but they were everywhere. She felt like she was going to have a panic attack so she ducked into a store and called the car.

The owner of the store let her exit out a back door and she got into the car and straight home. She knew the only way she would ever be able to walk down a New York street was a bodyguard so she made a few calls and had some interviews set up for that afternoon.

Jake put Owen in the stroller. "Well have a good day." Normally Jake would tell her he loved her before leaving but this time he didn't.

They made their way to a diner and got breakfast just the two of them. It was nice for Jake to spend time alone with Owen. They ate and then brought food bad for John.

The guys spent the day moving John to the little apartment before Jake's interview. It went well and they seemed excited to see him healed and ready for his title fight. John just went to the interview with Jake and after owen and Jake headed back to the penthouse.

Jake went inside and got Owen out of the stroller and into bed as he had fallen asleep on the walk back. He went in to relax on the couch.

"Yeah, you too." She told him.

When she got home, she went straight to the room and took off her dress and took a shower. She got out of the shower and felt a little bit better. She got dressed in the other outfit she pulled out and went back down stairs to eat the left over from last night.

"I have a guy coming over from this body guard company. We are just introducing ourselves to each other and then I'll give him my schedule and he's gone. I don't think I should be walking he streets anymore." She said softly and looked at Jake. He wouldn't be with her everyday and she couldn't push people out of her face if she was swarmed so she needed something to help her feel safe.

Jake was in a bit of pain from the day. They helped John get settled and get groceries. He took medicine and if he crashed he crashed. After getting comfortable on the couch he turned a movie on.

He looked at Adri. She has a guy coming to the apartment. A guy to be a body guard. He didn't like the idea but whatever. Jake was a UFC fighter but his fiancé needed a bodyguard. "Okay..."

His head rested on the back of the couch. "What are your olans after?" To Jake there was still tension and it was hard for him not to be upset.

He didn't even ask why she needed one. He just said okay. She tried to suppress and eyeroll and went into the kitchen. "Great." She said softly and grabbed a tangerine.

"I'm sure I'll find something to do if you want to take Your dad out. Or I can watch Owen while you take your dad out. It doesn't matter to me." She told him. She hated this. She really hoped this was the worst of it and then from there they would get better.

She sat at the dining table so she could prop her iPad watch and Netflix while he watched his movie.

Jake felt like Adri wanted a bodyguard so she'd get one. Before when he's brought up reasons not to do or get something she thinks he's being negative. So he said okay. She felt it was necessary so he wouldn't argue.

Adri wasn't the only one to hate how things were. If they continued like this, it wouldn't be good. His hand ran through his hair.

After awhile he got up and went into the kitchen he looked at what they had. "I'll just make something. I don't want to eat out every day for the next month. Especially if I'm not working out..."

She nodded her head to not wanting to eat out and she put her headphones on so she could watch the Crown on Netflix. They were noise cancelling so she couldn't hear anything outside of the show.

Her phone went off at a certain time and she did some cleaning up before her new body guard came and introduced himself. He said his name was Liam and he was a body builder who also trained in karate and a few other fighting techniques. He had a concealed carry permit but she hoped it would never come to him needing that.

After introducing themselves to each other, Adri introduced him to Jake and Owen. So everyone knew each other. Owen was acting shy though and only wanted to be held by Jake or Adri. Once those introductions were over, Adri and Liam sat and discussed her schedule for the next month. She most likely wouldn't be keeping him longer than that but she would hire him when she came back to New York for work.

Jake found something for dinner but would wait until after Adri's appointment with a potential bodyguard to make anything.

When the guy showed up Jake was instantly jealous and it really bothered him that this guy would be hanging around for the next month. Jake was polite and shook the guys hand. He shot Adri a look when the guy had his back to them to show he wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea.

He went in and sat down and all that was going through his head was that if things didn't work out with him and Adri this guy would swoop in. He already didn't trust him. He didn't care if he was trained in karate and body building, he'd break his face if he had to. Once the guy left Jake got up and went to start dinner, not saying a word to Adri.

Adri noticed he was a good looking guy, it would be hard not too but she was more focused on skills than anything. He had the experience, he had the skill and he had the job. She needed someone to watch her back and to get her the space she needed when she wanted to walk around the city.

When Liam left, she picked up Owen and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She let him walk into the kitchen and the. She picked him back up so he could see what daddy was doing.

"How was your interview this afternoon?" She asked to make some small talk and maybe be cordial again.

Jake really wasn't in the mood to talk. He was pissed. She thought she needed a bodyguard, fine, but at least talk to him about it. Let them pick someone together. Instead she told him what she was doing and just did it.

She didn't seem to care that people would see the two of them out and assume they were an item. He really didn't want to see her and this guy all over the tabloids if they broke up. That's all that was going through his head. She was finding his replacement. Like now he was broken...and she wanted someone else.

"It was fine." He said quietly. As dinner was cooking he looked at her meal plan and got stuff out to make Adri her dinner as well. "And your day?"

"My morning was fine. It then I got hassled by a bunch of paparazzo's and that didn't feel too good. I found the solution to my problem though." She rolled her eyes. She shouldn't have to hire someone to make it easier for her to walk down the street but she did feel safer having Liam.

"Does your dad like the apartment? Where is it?" She asked softly and kissed Owens forehead. She made faces at him to get him to laugh but she was listening to Jake.

"Oh the counselor called. She said if you can come by at nine, I can go at ten and then we can have a session together at 11. I said I'd ask you first and send her an email with your reply."

Back
Top Bottom