Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Mystic Warrior Saleth

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That sort of business ..."

While eying the liquor bottle with a suspicious glance I pull the letter from my pocket and plant it demonstratively onto the counter, right between us, with the broken seal facing up. No point in covering that up, he will find out soon enough himself.

"I was paid to deliver it to you, and here I am. And before you run your mouth off on the broken seal, that was an accident."

"Let's see"...

He saw the broken seal and then steeped on his toes and took a shameless glance at your whole body as Saleth spoke, even daring to touch her shirt seeming like he wouldn't care at all about the seal.
"Oh ah see, a brawler, seen yer kind befo'e, an' jugdin' by the state of yer clothes you were attacked too. Aaaah but this hyar is fine news, don't wo'ry about accidents, hyar have a drink on me, an' this is fo' yer delivarin'"

He serves a couple of glasses of the dark drink, and handles a gold coin over the table before drinking his own glass in one sip

Me, a brawler? For a moment I am about to comment, but then I accept the futility of discussing the nuanced variations of unarmed fighting styles with ... a dwarf.

Instead I pocket the gold coin but do not touch the glass with that thick black liquid.

"One thing I am wondering, though ... Why would someone want to notify you in case of such an ... incident? And why would you be interested?" Yes, appearances can be deceiving, and for all I know he is a secret agent for the elven crown. I'd still like to hear his version, at least the official one.

"Me, I just deal with informatio' my dear, got lotsa cestomers hyar an' some are likely to be interested in this kind of work... fer a price of course hahaha"

Seeing your suspicious glance at the glass, he takes it too and gets ready to drink it

"Can let sweet sap root beer go te waste. Ennyway if thar is sumpin ye eva want to know don't hesitate to ax, I'll give ye a one-time special discount since you made this deliver to me"

"Well, if someone were interested in this job, there's probably one natural question to ask."

I watch him gulp down that root beer. May he enjoy it, I won't mind.

"And that question is where to start. Do you have any leads on the kidnappers?"

Let's see how serious he is about his discounts, and how much he really knows.

With your approvals he drinks the second glass before answering

"Ahhhh, dear ye don't know what ye'r missin' hyar....mmmm a lead on the kidnappers ye say?, ye jest brough me the news of this happenin', how would have a lead yet? I got eyes and ears everwhar but ain't no wizard lady. Besides judgin how quick this was written and how in a fuss it was given t'ye, this must be a very recent happenin'. If ye want pr'cise info it be better ye ax in the same city....Hyar"

He takes out a piece of paper with a couple a names in it and handles it to you:

Vorgin Rompop
The Whimsical Tree

"Off to Estria I am, then, it seems." I comment as I take the piece, intently study the two names written on it until I have them memorized, and then stow the paper away, with the intent to destroy it at the first opportunity she came across. Never leave traces you don't have to.

"Any suggestion how to get there the quickest?" My default choice would be to take a ship again, mostly since I am familiar with them, but maybe an overland route would be faster?

"Say 'ello to my big small friend thar then, and if ye evar come back be sure to have some juicy info with ye, I might as well get sumpin' ye can enjoy drinkin' "

For a suggestion on the way, the safest choice he say would be to take the road, but that doesn't seem to go with you he can tell in your eyes (and your fists), besides that would not be quickest way, it would take one extra day and if you go by ship it would take even longer as Estria is not close to the sea or any waterway, his advice is to go across the plains, it shouldn't be hard to find if you're familiar traveling through the wilderness (proficiency in survival or nature) otherwise it might be a little difficult but should not be that hard either given that elves always like building in the woods and there is no other in the surroundings.

Hmm, not a trivial choice.

Getting to Estria sooner is of course better, but only IF I do get there sooner. And since I am not that familiar with wilderness travel - I have spent the last years on a ship, after all - there is a real risk to actually arrive later than when I would take the road.

As much as it pains me to admit it, the road is probably the smarter choice here. I give the One-Eyed my thanks and leave, ready to be on my way to Estria right now. I still have a few rations, so I should be good to go. Another advantage of pcking the road, I need not stock up on wilderness equipment first.

"I would go thar maself an' find out about it myself too if I was younger, Ahhhh!! but I had my share of adventures already, still thar will be people interested in goin' thar, if your lookin' fo' a mate in yer travel, perhaps someone t' guide ye in the wilderness, ye might git lucky an' find a decent one hyar. If not godspeed then, cheers t'ye...."

He was going to have a sip on you but he then he realized his glass was already empty. "...Bahh!!"

It should take Saleth four days by road to reach Estria by road, but considering she is much faster than average it will take her just 3 days, if she forces the march or just quickens up her pace she could make it in just 2.

Forcing the march would force her to roll a constitution saving throw per extra hour of traveling with the only risk of getting one level of exhaustion per fail (she can recover one of this after a long rest)
And going at a faster pace would give her a penalty of -5 to her perception while traveling

Even travel on the road has its dangers, and so Saleth decides to go for the three day plan. Being cought off guard by an ambush sounds like a very bad idea to her, especially in times where even Elven princesses get kidnapped. She might be able to find a guide through the wilderness, but that itself might cost her a day, so where's the point.

Off to the road it is then, and hopefuly she will reach Estria in three days...

As Saleth marches through the road she is able to notice a fork at the horizon after a few hours, remembering how at the ship she was told how she could reach Estria from either of the two port cities, it is easy to assume the road to the left goes back there while the right one is the one leading to her current destination.

But is it before she reaches to the crossing paths when a couple of sling bullets fly next to her, close but missing her at all, a third shot however hit its target making Saleth bleed before she could realize what was going on. The merciless sneak attack causing her 10 points of damage. Despite her being alert on the way some one had managed to get her by surprise, as soon as she turns to see what happened she would see the rogue that escaped her assault previously ready for his revenge, two halflings accompanied him. He was already cursing, surprised that she was still standing.

That was surprise round, then Initiative is it
Halflings roll 19 and 20, while the human rolls a 13

Noticing the three thugs, and seeing how they have ranged weaponry, Saleth does the only sensible thing once she had finally figured out the whole situation, which sadly takes longer than it should due to her still lingering confusion and the pain of her wound. She whips out her short sword and charges them, doing her best to close the distance between her and the hostile trio, ready to unleash a Flurry of Blows once she is close enough.

HP: 17/27 Ki: 3/4
Initiative: 7
If Slaeth is still alive once it is her turn she will close the distance to the three, and unleash three attacks. She will start with one halfling and hit him until he is down, then continue with the next one and finally the human.
- Attack one (short sword): 10(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 16, Damage if it hits 4(Roll)+4(Dex) = 8
- Attack two (unarmed): 13(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 19, Damage if it hits 3(Roll)+4(Dex) = 6 plus a DC 14 Dex save to avoid being knocked prone
- Attack three (unarmed): 19(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 25, Damage if it hits 2(Roll)+4(Dex) = 6 plus a DC 14 Dex save to avoid being knocked prone

With their surprise advantage already expended but Saleth still standing the short henchmen take their higher initiative and scrub it right on her face doing exactly what she was going to do but doing it faster. Both rushing up to her taking their daggers out aiming for her vital spots trying to take her down before she has a chance.

After the deep wound caused at her both halfling receive their hits, the first going down at the first hit and both subsequent hits taking down the second one, 'damn' yells the human behind as he ready his weapon before striking.

The first one misses its strike with a result of 11 while the second suceeds with an attack of 24 striking for 8 points of damage with a sneak attack.
After Saleths actions, and assumming she closes to the one rogue who is left, he takes out his dagger and stabs, otherwise he shots, attack and damage dice remain the same so: attack 23, damage 6
Turn then goes to Saleth again

I feel how the wounds are taking their toll. I won't be able to withstand any more hits, so I give it all I got. That last remaining thug has to go down now, before I do ...

HP: 3/27 Ki: 2/4
Initiative: 7
Saleth invests one more Ki point into another Flurry of Blows.
- Attack one (short sword): 2(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 8, Damage if it hits 3(Roll)+4(Dex) = 7
- Attack two (unarmed): 19(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 25, Damage if it hits 3(Roll)+4(Dex) = 7 plus a DC 14 Dex save to avoid being knocked prone
- Attack three (unarmed): 6(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 12, Damage if it hits 3(Roll)+4(Dex) = 7 plus a DC 14 Dex save to avoid being knocked prone

The brigand is attacked repeatedly by Saleth as he curses
"Why wont you just..." the brigand says as he dodges her sword, but doesn't finish speaking when one strike hits him hard, struggling to keep himself on his foot he manages to dodge he last strike too.

"You're gonna pay for this!" he yells as he counterattacks with anger delivering a powerful stab that unfortunately for Saleth hits her with full power knocking her unconscious.

Resisting the flurry with a total of 23 on his save, he repeats the same number on his attack, delivering 6 points of damage

He would not let her die though, not so easily, he has some unfinished business to settle and he will make sure to get his way with her. He stabilizes Saleth so she wont bleed to death but doesn't heal her at all, after a few hours she would recover consciousness, her HP raising to 1, only to find herself tied down with her wrists bound to her ankles.

I curse inwardly. That did not go too well, but at least I have woken up again. Which must mean I am still alive. Though I am definitely not feeling well.

Opening my eyes I take a first look around to see where I ended up now, before I begin to carefully probe my bonds, seeing whether I can rid myself of them.

It is already dark you realize, not knowing how many hours you've been unconscious and you are not in the same place you fought also you happen to be both alone, why didn't he saved his two halfling friends? Perhaps they were not his friends after all and a dead man doesn't get paid... or maybe it was already too late to save them at all. Whatever it was that would make it easier to get away if only you could get rid of her bounds that is.

"Ah woke up already honey...", fully healed the human approaches at you with his dagger in hand "...you will not be able to get rid of you bounds, I made sure to tied them pretty tight. You're all mine now and I'll make sure to enjoy your company"

Laying next to you he places his steel against your face slowly lowering it to your neck next then trying to be intimidating but in his face his lewd eyes show he has no will to harm her as his gaze set on your ample breasts, but one can never be fully sure.

This is bad.

This is no tlike back in the alley. There I was still calling the shots, even though the thugs had no idea. That was fun, even with all their rude groping. This though, is really bad news. I am completely helpless now, and definitely not enjoying myself.

At the touch of his knife I grow rigid. My mind is racing, there must be some way to get out of this mess. His own weapon might be a way to get rid of the bonds, if only he would get close enough. I say nothing and wait for an opportunity.

The steel makes its way lower, going down from your neck to your chest between the full roundness of your plump breasts slowly beginning to cut the fabric of your clothes.

"Come on you don't have to be so nervous, just be a good girl and nothing bad will happen to you but it you don't..." he makes a sudden full cut through your shirt then and quickly straddles over you staring at your bouncing pair. Completely focused on your tantalizing orbs he doesn't notices how you look ah his shiny blade which he leaves at one side with the thought of grabbing something softer and smoother.

His dagger yields close to your tightly bound wrists as he starts carefully grazing your nipples with characteristic skill and sleight worth of a lockpicker thief. Soon both of your nipples have grown hard under his careful twitching making him drool already, seems he will be leaning upon you to suck them at any moment.

Both hands on my breasts are a thing I usually would enjoy much. Now, though, that sensation is drowned out by the sheer desired to get out of this bind. Thanfully my host is underestimating me again, and carefully my hands slide over to where he dropped his dagger.

Stealth roll: 17(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 23

He feels your slight movement but doesn't realize it is to get the dagger that yields on the grass, instead he just thinks you're beginning to enjoy yourself. "Ah you see honey, this is not bad at all." Moving his hands from your stiffened nipples to the full roundness of your breasts he fully bends over your chest, his tongue eagerly looking for a taste of your pink swollen nipples completely unaware of your doing.

He follows then by tightening his grip around your plump orbs as his tongue shows his skills as a lover are as good as his thieving ones... though his perception is not. He does not realize you manage to cut free of one of the ropes releasing an arm and a leg out of your bindings.

It is getting a bit harder to concentrate, but I do not waver. My hurting woundshelp with that as well. Giving in to my urges now will just cause me misry, while freeing myself will getme laid as often as I want, and in better health.

So I pretend to fight my growing arousal while my free hand picks up the dagger and tries to cut the second rope, still unnoticed.

Stealth roll: 13(Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 19

The rogue continues unsuspected of your doings yet he doesn't rushes in just yet, he didn't even had the urge to remove your pants at all, there will be time for that he thinks, he want to enjoys you luscious body slowly and it would sure be very difficult to concentrate if not for the pain causing wounds you still have.

Having a little difficulty to reach the dagger to your other hand the second rope is easily cut once you do, completely free now from your bindings the rogue keeps on his delightful sucking and fondling fully unaware of your freedom. Easy to be taken by surprise should you choose to attack it will most certainly mean your end should you fail to finish him off.

Being on the floor with him on top, you have no movement and disadvantage on your attack rolls, while he has advantage on his. Still you can act on surprise giving you one round before he can roll initiative.

I won't get a better chance. The moment he tries to shift my position - or simply shifts his attention away from my breasts for a moment - it is likely he will notice that I am no longer bound. Either I strike now, or I will be done for anyway, since I have no illusions about what the man will do with me after he had his way.

So I summon my inner strength once more, and despite my disadvantageous position, I lash out with a flurry of blows at him ...

HP: 1/27 Ki: 1/4
Saleth invests one more Ki point into another Flurry of Blows.
- Attack one (unarmed): [4/7](Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 11, Damage if it hits 1(Roll)+4(Dex) = 5
- Attack two (unarmed/flurry 1): [15/11](Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 17, Damage if it hits 2(Roll)+4(Dex) = 6 plus a DC 14 Str save to avoid being hurled away
- Attack three (unarmed/flury 2): [12/13](Roll) +6(Dex+Prof) = 18, Damage if it hits 3(Roll)+4(Dex) = 7 plus a DC 14 Str save to avoid being hurled away

If using the hurl away feature on the second attack will mean I can not execute my third attack in case of success (i.e. the strikes are not simultaneous) then I will skip it. Getting all three attacks in (or at least having the option to) has higher priority than a second chance at hurling the bandit away.

Initiative: 16+4 = 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom