Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

An indie game called "Axiom Verge" which runs along the lines of classic Metroid.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQ4xit5JGg[/video]

I give this game 4.333 out of 5. It was worth the 20$ US =D

Gameplay 5/5 Classic side scrolling 8 bit style platformer at its finest, with elements present from Metroid, Rygar, Bionic Commando, and Castlevania.
Controls 5/5 Quite a bit better than the 8 bit Metroid I remember, Fairly responsive analog, without the jerky jump movements that Samus was prone to.
Graphics 5/5 I am biased because I enjoyed the classic 8-bit look, along with emulation of the classic 8 bit NES flickering problem for flavor.
Music 5/5 The soundtrack is beyond awesome. You have classic 8 bit sounds, with modern techno style beats.
Replay Value 3/5 I am into stories and plot now, and once that's out of the way I lose interest quickly.
Story 3/5 Points loss for a cliffhanger ending that denies me closure, leaving me wanting. However, it worked. The next installment cant come out fast enough *sigh*

Grand Theft Auto V. Very surprised with how good this one is, especially after how dull I found the fourth entry. It's also a very very nice looking game, despite an annoying graphical bug I'm experiencing.

Mass Effect 3 multi-player. I've been playing this on PC, after having played it on PS3 and 360. Drop me a PM or add me on Origin (same username), if you want to play.

Valkyria Chronicles. Giving this game a spin again, this time on PC. The cutscenes have been stuttering, which kind of takes the wind out of my sails.

Mitsu said:
Grand Theft Auto V. Very surprised with how good this one is, especially after how dull I found the fourth entry. It's also a very very nice looking game, despite an annoying graphical bug I'm experiencing.

Mass Effect 3 multi-player. I've been playing this on PC, after having played it on PS3 and 360. Drop me a PM or add me on Origin (same username), if you want to play.

Valkyria Chronicles. Giving this game a spin again, this time on PC. The cutscenes have been stuttering, which kind of takes the wind out of my sails.

I am with you there about GTA V. In fact, I'm off to play it now. LOL

I'm playing the first Witcher game. I'm finding it surprisingly tedious, and I'm someone that actually sunk 140+ hours running around in Dragon Age Inquisition (Single-Player MMO: The Game); and hundreds of hours into Skyrim. Geralt of Rivia has but the faintest glimmers of character, which makes the running around even more boring. A stoic main character isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the supporting characters should work to keep the narrative interesting; I've found this aspect also lacking. The first two chapters of the game do very little to entice the player, and feature: a murky, depressing countryside; and a swamp. I will say that at the right time of day, and after a storm, the swamp had pretty good atmosphere and was actually pretty.

Trying to hammer through some back log games but it's all to get to the witcher and Batman soon!

I gave on the first Witcher game. I ploughed through the second game. I sunk 12 straight hours into the third game. You could say I've been playing nothing but Witcher lately, and the second and third entries in the series are fantastic. Every single issue I had with the first game is gone. That being said, I liked the inventory system in the first game the best.

Mostly Splatoon, some Smash with Roy now that he is back, but I can't wait to play this game.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uAdBsEg_Y[/video]

Finally sitting down for Baldur's Gate II and trying not to compare it to similar games. Some elements I love, but I feel Divinity: Original Sin outclasses it in pretty much every area: design, dialogue, combat, etc.

Baldur's Gate II has a lot of content, but I'm finding that in too many instances it's not meaningful, funny, or enlightening and the kind of thing that would make me put a book down. In Original Sin, there's often a playful, humorous element down to things like the engravings on tombstones. I never, ever mashed Enter to skip dialogue with townsfolk or party members.

I'm "trying" to play the PC version of Arkham Knight. After numerous fixes in the ini files, I've managed to get it running... sorta.

Mitsu said:
I'm "trying" to play the PC version of Arkham Knight. After numerous fixes in the ini files, I've managed to get it running... sorta.

I had preordered that for PC but before I went to pick it up, WB pulled it from the shelves, so I got a refund .. they really need to start fixing things before releasing games ..they had OVER a year to do it, since the original release date was supposed to be December 23rd.

of LAST year.

Heroes of the Storm.

I like Free Games where you can earn your way into something bigger, its a challenge, and overall not a detriment to other people on your team.

Since I am also teaching my kids how to strategize and play games I think its worth it since there is enough variety in battlefields to keep their interest. Plus I like being able to get to know characters in Blizzard games I won't be playing again. Yeah, no time to really play many of these others online.

boyo111 said:
Heroes of the Storm.

I like Free Games where you can earn your way into something bigger, its a challenge, and overall not a detriment to other people on your team.

Since I am also teaching my kids how to strategize and play games I think its worth it since there is enough variety in battlefields to keep their interest. Plus I like being able to get to know characters in Blizzard games I won't be playing again. Yeah, no time to really play many of these others online.

I am loving this game too, and that's also the main reason I enjoy Hearthstone. You never have to pay for anything if you decide not to.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Mitsu said:

I had preordered that for PC but before I went to pick it up, WB pulled it from the shelves, so I got a refund .. they really need to start fixing things before releasing games ..they had OVER a year to do it, since the original release date was supposed to be December 23rd.

of LAST year.

For some reason, the game was handed off to be ported within eight weeks of release. It was then expected to be done by a team of twelve people employed by the mediocre Iron Galaxy studio. I'm certain that WB Interactive could not care less about the PC port. They assumed that the broken port would be fine, that it could be patched in a bit, and that the majority of users would have minimal issues with it. What happened instead is that the majority of users received a game that crashes, stutters, freezes, and is literally missing graphical features that the PS4 has. I can play it for about two or three hours before it freezes every few seconds, and becomes literally unplayable. During those three hours the frame rate jumps all over the place, it still freezes intermittently, and the sound even cuts out from time to time.

If I wasn't such a Batman fan, I'd refund the thing and never look back.

Mitsu said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
Mitsu said:

of LAST year.

For some reason, the game was handed off to be ported within eight weeks of release. It was then expected to be done by a team of twelve people employed by the mediocre Iron Galaxy studio. I'm certain that WB Interactive could not care less about the PC port. They assumed that the broken port would be fine, that it could be patched in a bit, and that the majority of users would have minimal issues with it. What happened instead is that the majority of users received a game that crashes, stutters, freezes, and is literally missing graphical features that the PS4 has. I can play it for about two or three hours before it freezes every few seconds, and becomes literally unplayable. During those three hours the frame rate jumps all over the place, it still freezes intermittently, and the sound even cuts out from time to time.

If I wasn't such a Batman fan, I'd refund the thing and never look back.

Depending on where you bought it, I'd wish you good luck.

If I had of actually gotten the game and opened it, the store I was getting it from wouldn't have refunded it, because apparently to play it on another computer you have to pay almost double for the code.

I've been playing a few games. I've been playing Darkest Dungeon, although that one is still Early Access. It's good, but the trinket system still needs some work. The recent patches have helped game play considerably there.

I finally got my hands on Rogue Legacy during the Steam sale thanks to a friend, and I'm really liking it. It's a game that I find impossible to rage at or take seriously, and that makes it something good to sit down to at the end of the day.

I'm about to try out an MMO called RIFT, which a friend recommended. I'm wary of it. Then again, I'm wary of most MMOs.

boyo111 said:
Heroes of the Storm.

I like Free Games where you can earn your way into something bigger, its a challenge, and overall not a detriment to other people on your team

Still, its just as the same as LOL and DOTA 2

SithLordOfSnark said:
I am loving this game too, and that's also the main reason I enjoy Hearthstone. You never have to pay for anything if you decide not to.

Yeah, simply because its just a card game that doesn't have a long shelf life.

little_iveta said:
SithLordOfSnark said:

Yeah, simply because its just a card game that doesn't have a long shelf life.

Exactly right, its easy to just walk away from Free. There is little investment on my side, other than play time, to keep my pulled in and interested, and if I do play well enough to earn some good stuff its an extra bonus.

Back
Top Bottom