Teen Wolf (Naomi David and Reydan)

Naomi David

Supernova
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zh16a1.jpg

Céleste Guerrier had the reputation around the school for beating boys up rather than kissing them. She was built like a warrior, strong arms and legs. But that didn't stop the guys and a few girls from ogling her, she was that pretty. She used her beauty like a weapon. But she wasn't a dumb bimbo like a lot of guys wanted her to be. Folks would have had her hide if her GPA dropped lower than 3.5. She was a military brat, her folks were both Army. She'd been in military school her whole life, well, except for this year, she wasn't in a military school since there weren't any ones close by. She was 18 years old, a virgin, and she was looking to be the very best. But she was right now in her Advanced Placement Chemistry class, studying, not knowing she was being eyed by the school star. Her ears were pointed, but it was only noticeable by him and his friends, her ears looked normal to everybody else.

Mark Chapham watched Céleste from across the class. She was really something. His nostrils flared a little as he watched her brush a strand of hair out of her face and bent over the chemistry book.

"Whatcha looking at Marky?" Hannah Young said hopefully from his elbow. Hannah was his assigned partner in the class and it hadn't taken Mark more than a fortnight to get in the petite brunette's panties. Now, however, she was boring him.

"Your boring me Hannah" he growled, ruffling his thick black hair in frustration. He really wanted to ask Céleste to prom. He knew she'd go with him. No-one ever turned down Mark Chapman, Track Team Captain and, without a doubt, upcoming Prom King. Céleste represented a challenge, a quiet kid with a tough reputation who refused to let anyone push her around. Eighteen and already at the pinnacle of High School, there were few challenges left for Mark, and Céleste was one of them.

"But Marky" Hannah pouted, her brown eyes filling with tears, "that's not nice. I thought you and me were...y'know...." she trailed off.

"What?" he spat, keeping his voice low so as not to alert the teacher. "Nothing. That's what we are".

The bell rang and he stood, leaving Hannah sniffing in her seat. You didn't become an Alpha by making friends, he thought, and life was rough. He followed Céleste out of the room into the crowded hall, hoping to get a chance to catch her and ask her out.

"Hey," he called after her, pushing through the crowds, "Hey Céleste! Got a minute?"

She got her way to the top by showing the guys and girls she wasn't one to be screwed with, that she was somebody who could kick your ass and still have the energy to be a one girl dodge ball team. She was an excellent acrobat, which made impressing everybody even easier. She could really bend and flex in excellent ways. But Céleste was a special sort of girl. But she had no idea on what she really was. Only half human. Half Faerie, half human. She could move at extreme speeds that rivaled even that of a werewolf, her senses even rivaled a werewolf as well. But they weren't as good as her Mom's, who was a full Faerie. She had excellent strength, not as good as a werewolf, but she could hold them at a standstill. Had she been a full Faerie, her senses, her abilities would outclass a werewolf.

Céleste really hated her hearing, she could pickup a lot of gossip she didn't want to hear. She could hear Mark being a jerk to Hannah. That was why she held such contempt for him. He had no respect for people he considered lower than himself. She calmed herself, and when the bell rang, she zoomed out of the room, her eyes blinking black for a moment before returning to their grayish gold eye color. She rolled her eyes upon hearing Mark trying to talk to her, and she turned around, and snapped,"I'm not interested in dating you. Leave me alone!" It was always the same thing. All the guys wanted to date her. But they had to prove themselves worthy to her. Hopefully she'd get some peace and quiet when she went camping on Prom Weekend.

Fuck, Mark thought, what a bitch. He knew people were staring at him, amazed that he'd been turned down so publicly. To be honest he was amazed too. But he wasn't willing to show that in front of everyone else. He pushed past a knot of girls, concentrating on looking intense and brooding, whilst he plotted his next step. He needed to take Céleste down a peg or two. But how?

He hadn't come up with anything by the weekend. He'd ended up asking Hannah, knowing she would take him back, knowing he had her dangling from his little finger. It was getting to six pm that Saturday night. He was picking her up around eight, but he was getting tense. He needed to run. The moon wasn't full but it was waxing and he could feel the familiar itch. "Fuck it" he growled, throwing down his suit, and stomping downstairs. He could go, run in the woods for an hour or so, and still be back in time.

He strode out of the house, past his parents watching TV, and shut the back door as he stepped into the garden. His parents lived on the edge of town, their garden backing onto the State Park with its tall evergreens, and Mark lost no time in shedding his clothing in the darkness. He groaned as the transformation began, his bones cracking and reforming, his jaw extending. No matter how many times you did it, it was still painful. "Fuck" he grunted, already more a growling noise than real words, as he felt his legs bend into proper canine angles. He preferred the nearly human form, but the full wolf effect was safer. Just an oddity if spotted rather than something out of nightmare. Transformed he howled in frustration as he set off into the night.

The dusky forest was calming usually, but Mark's blood was up, and he was still fuming over what had happened with Céleste the other day. Fuck her, he thought, fuck her, fuck her. He thoughts pounded in rhythm with his paws.

He was fuming, a ball of rage, when he staggered into the clearing and saw a small orange tent. He was about to shy away when he picked up a familiar scent. It could only be one thing. One person. He barred his teeth, all logic gone from his animal mind.

Céleste loved turning down boys that never had a chance with her. Especially the boys that had a massive sex drive and even more massive egos. It brought her a sick pleasure to piss Mark off. The Heavenly Warrior struck again, which was what her name translated to in French, and indeed, she was a warrior. She loved to get into fights. At military school, there was a subculture. The more fights you won, the more points you earned in the eyes of the instructors. And indeed, she never lost a fight. Unbeknownst to her, her abilities helped her. She loved fighting the boys the most. They were the sorest of losers.

The rest of the day, well, the rest of the week passed without incident. Everybody was talking about who'd they'd sleep with on prom, which repulsed her. The guys were talking about condoms, which really didn't help her mood. Seemed like prom was more about sex than dancing. At least she'd be free of the overt grossness of prom, well, what had become of it. Momma had packed up her camping bag, loaded with weapons and the essentials. She always said pretty girls needed to be with weapons. Not long after, Céleste was in her tent on the camping grounds, counting her weapons. Then her ears picked up an animal growl. And it was close. She came out of her tent, she had two throwing knives in her hands, and two guns in her holsters. She had weapons all over, but she worked with what she had. She was terrified, but she never let fear in the way. It was a sure way to lose.

Mark watched, his canine eyes red in the darkness, as Céleste appeared form the tent. He could smell her fear. Good, he thought, completely lost in his animal instincts, let her fear him. Teach the bitch a lesson. He prowled, testing the limits of her vision, watching her hold the throwing knives tightly. He would get one good strike in, he knew, and it had to count.

Darting into the pool of light made by her tent he feinted left and then dodged right and leaped. He felt, as he dodged, one of the knives sail wide. His jaws were open, a roar in his mouth, as he landed bodily on the girl. She was struggling, her eyes flashing with fear and defiance, but he had the upper hand now, pinning her down and snapping at her. She had her hands on his shoulders, trying desperately to keep his jaws from her flesh, and her growled and snarled in anger as he strove to break free. Suddenly rolling to the side he felt her loose her grip and wasted no time sinking his teeth into the flesh of her left fore-arm.

He heard her scream in pain, felt her hot metallic blood on his tongue and snarled in triumph. His victory was short lived, however, for as he withdrew for a final strike at her unprotected throat, he felt a sharp pain in his side. The other knife. But it burned. Burned like nothing he had ever felt before. Stunned, he felt her push him off and suddenly his senses came flooding back. What the fuck was he doing? He'd wanted to teach her a lesson, scare her, not kill her. Now he'd bitten her and she'd...stuck him with...something. And she was fumbling at her hip for a gun!

He took off, bounding into the dark, hearing two shots sail close by. A third grazed the top of his head, and he howled in fear and pain. He staggered home, transforming on the way, and pushed in. "Mom I feel really sick" he groaned as he made his way upstairs. "I need you to get Cecily to call Hannah and tell her I'm too ill for Prom. Tell her I'll make it up to her. Promise." He was suddenly afraid, fear making him more considerate. He could trust his little sister, however, the only one in the family who knew his condition. Cecily had been bitten first but had accepted Mark as her Alpha soon after he was bitten too. He collapsed on his bed, groaning, the door firmly locked behind him. What the fuck was going on?

Céleste was seeing perfectly, more perfectly than she had ever seen before. Like all of her senses were really awakening. Like she could properly feel everything. But then she really saw what was prowling outside of her tent. A wolf. Impossible. There hadn't been wolf sightings in the forest forever. But there was one, snarling, with glowing red eyes. But wolves should have yellow eyes. red eyes... That wasn't natural, not natural at all. It was faster than her instincts allowed her to go. Just as she was about to throw her first knife, it went the other way, and the knife went wide, and it thunked into a tree, the knife sinking up to the hilt into the wood. The wolf pounced onto her, and she was fighting very hard to keep the wolf from making a meal out of her.... She screamed suddenly she was in excruciating pain, the wolf bit her left forearm.

She had her right knife though, she could possibly get some revenge. Her aim was sort of off, she aimed for the back leg, her vision was blurry as she stood up, she got it in the back. Actually, that was a much better target. Her pain was great, her right arm was fumbling as she got a gun out. She shot thrice, two missed, but the third managed to graze the head ever so slightly. At least she had successfully wounded the monster. She felt woozy from blood loss, and blackness stole over her eyes.

She woke up, still in terrible pain, in her bed, black ooze pouring out of her left arm. Her Mother was whispering to her Father,"We haven't had werewolves in the town in years. I should have sensed a pack in town! Now our daughter's been bitten by an Alpha, and I think she won't make it! Half Fey almost never survive!" She was frightened for her daughter, this sort of injury could kill her. Wolves and Fey didn't get along. But she smelled wolfsbane on her daughter's hands. She must have wounded the wolf. Soon, the Alpha would die if he or she did not get treatment. She was constantly changing the dressings on Céleste's wound, which was slowly lessening the black goo... Which meant she was far closer to dying, or the Change was taking to her. Full Fey never survived, it was extremely rare for part fey to survive, their human side allowing it to take. Slowly and slowly, the ooze stopped forming, and the wound properly knitted back together. She sighed, the Change had taken.

Céleste's eyes suddenly opened very wide, and they were black, the color they turned when she was using her extreme speed or other fey ability, and she spoke, as if possessed,"Beta." She blinked again, her eyes were white, and she spoke,"Killer of innocents." She blinked one more time, and her eyes were a deep, deep purple, and she spoke,"Alpha." She pretty much fell back asleep, slumping against her pillows. At least her daughter survived the change.

Within hours, Mark was groaning and sweating. Beads of perspiration formed and dripped on his brow.

"Its no good" Cecily said, wringing out the cloth for the umpteenth time and replacing it on his forehead. "Wolfsbane". She looked down at her brother, her Alpha, with concern.

Mark groaned again, his eyes feverish, and looked up at his sister. A petite redhead Cecily was the only member of the pack he truly trusted. Without a clear mate it fell to her to carry out the organisational tasks and support role such a female would normally carry out for Mark. Any of the other members might be tempted to put him out of his misery now, but he could trust Cecily.

He looked up at her, knowing what he had to do, dreading it too. "Cec..." he winced, every word an effort, "You gotta take me to...ugh...to the girl...to her mother...Fae..." he roared in pain "Fae'll know what....what to do".

Cecily's eyes blazed. "Céleste? Seriously? You fucking idiot!" If Mark was so hurt she'd slap him stupid. As it was, she helped him down the stairs and out into the passenger seat of her little car. Within minutes they were pulled up outside the Guerrier house and she was helping her brother limp up the path. She knocked at the door and then stood back a little, letting him lean on the frame. "I'll stay with you brother" she murmured "but this is your shit pile. You do the cleaning up".

As the door opened Mark winced and, pulling on the last of his strength, he hissed through the opening "I need you to help me. Your daughter speared me with Wolfsbane".

Astrid Guerrier looked upon Mark and Cecily with curious eyes after she opened the door, but her eyes held a coldness to them, a coldness only felt by a Mother who was trying to protect her young. She looked like a near exact replica of her daughter, the only true difference being her eyes were even more golden than her daughter's eyes were. She spoke,"And it only happened because you attacked her. I smell werewolf. You're the Alpha of this pack, aren't you? I will help you, despite the fact that your bite turned Céleste. She's asleep now." She ushered her husband forth, to help bring Mark in. Astrid's name translated to Beautiful Goddess. She continued,"I will only help you since there will be too many questions if you die from your wound not being treated." She brought out a lighter, and a very bloody knife. She spoke,"I will burn this knife, and rub the ashes into the wound, it will heal it." She nodded towards her husband Alexander, and he ushered Mark and Cecily to the couch in the living room, and he spoke,"Lay him down face first, as the wound is in his back."

Cecily laid Mark on the couch and stood back, arms folded, her senses going crazy in this fae house. "Just sort it out" she growled.

Mark was largely out of it by now, the pain too severe to stay focused, and he groaned as he felt the ashes touch his skin. He gripped the couch in pain, his slightly transformed hands leaving light gouges in the material, his breath leaving his body in huge, ragged, gulps, before finally passing out.

He awoke with the sun. Pushing himself into a sitting position he surveyed the room with sore, sleepy, eyes. Cecily sat, curled on a seat in the corner, watching him with level eyes. An older couple, who he assumed were Mr and Mrs Guerrier, also watched him from the other couch. His eyes were angry, and Mark could smell the resentment and fury bubbling within him, whilst her eyes were more level and unreadable. And then, sitting on the floor at the feet of their couch, and glaring at him, was a pair of very familiar brown eyes. Céleste. Her knees pulled up to her chest, her blonde hair loose.

"Fuck" he mentally cursed as he surveyed the scene. The questions came like a barrage, mainly from the parents, although Céleste interjected a few here and there. Only Cecily was quiet, watching it all with steely eyes.

Eventually, after trying to answer what he could, Mark held up a weary hand. "Enough" he groaned. "I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Guerrier." He couldn't bring himself to meet those brown eyes again. "I'm sorry, but this has happened now. We need to deal with it." He gestured to Céleste. She needs to try and turn. We need to see what she's like. Cecily nodded agreement. He stood, shakily, and looked at them. "I'm guessing your yard isn't overlooked this far out of town?" he asked. "Also, ummm" he added, dreading the next bit, "Its easier if she's naked". Mr Guerrier went so red Mark thought he was about to explode, but Mark hurried on. "She doesn't have to be," he added quickly, holding out his hands in supplication, "but it does help the transformation and prevent her ruining everything she owns".

"Show me respect, little wolf. I only help because there'd be too many questions if you're brother died, and I do not want war between our races." Astrid spoke, her golden eyes seeming even more luminous than they usually were. She held up the knife as she stood over Mark, and lit the lighter, and moved it over the knife's blade. Ashes formed, and she rubbed the ashes into his wound, healing it, sighing when Mark's clawed hands pretty much killed part of the couch. The little jerk would survive. As the sun rose, she and her husband waited for him to wake up so they could interrogate him.

Céleste eventually woke up... But she felt strange. Off. She felt really disoriented, not at all herself. It was like all of her senses were super charged. She barely remembered what had happened last night... Except an extreme deal of pain, more pain than she had ever felt before. She stumbled downstairs into the living room, curious when she saw somebody laying face down on the couch. She saw Mom and Dad, and a strange girl... But she looked so familiar... Like a female version of Mark, but only with red hair, since Mark had black hair. She got a closer look at the boy laying face down on the couch, and put two and two together. She looked at her parents, who gave her the 'Don't Ask' look.

She saw down at the foot of the couch her folks were sitting on, her blonde hair loose, her golden gray eyes glaring at the unconscious form of Mark, though they were slowly darkening to black. Then when Mark woke up, her folks bombarded him with questions, with the occasional remark from her. When Mark said she'd transform, and preferably be naked before transforming, her eyes went really black, and her nails, nay, claws... Appeared, though they looked much sharper and deadlier than what Mark had. She managed to calm herself down, forcing back the claws, the anger, and her appearance went back to normal.

Céleste's Mother spoke, looking at Mark curiously,"I thought only a specific bloodline could only do the full wolf transformation, and even then, only a precious few people from the bloodline could do it... But given my daughter's pure hybrid nature now, I suppose anything goes now... I merely assumed that the average werewolf could only do the normal transformation, remain humanoid." Then Céleste spoke,"So Mark... Was this just because I turned down your prom date?"

Mark was about to answer the mother's question when Céleste's question cut him short. He flushed, swaying a little on his feet, and looked away.

He felt the Guerrier family's eyes boring into him. Mr Guerrier looked as if he wished nothing more than that his gaze would set Mark alight.

"Yes and no" he said finally. "Yes I was cross. Arrogant. You were nothing to me in that moment in the corridor and to turn me down so publicly." He sighed, tired eyes fluttering closed, and then focused on Céleste. "I know it sounds crap. A crap excuse for attacking you and ruining your life but to make up something else wouldn't be fair." He paused to let his almost apology sink in. "Also, you've got to keep in mind that once the full transformation takes over you're more animal than person. There's very little of you left in there, especially when your blood is up. Decisions aren't...rational. Y'know? Animals aren't like that..."

He looked up to the parents beseechingly. "That's why she has to transform here. Why Cecily and I have to see it. We need to know. If she can only go halfway, what you call the normal transformation, then it will be easier for her. But, if its as I suspect and Céleste is a fully blooded werewolf, then she needs all the help we can give her. She needs a pack. And she'll need help to manage her emotion."

He hobbled towards the door, unable to bear those shifting eyes from the girl crouched on the floor. Cecily followed hesitantly. "I swear. I don't need to see your daughter naked or anything. I can close my eyes during the process or whatever you like. But I need to see her try and shift. And she needs to feel what its like." He turned back to the three Guerriers. "We'll be in the garden when you're ready" he murmured, and moved outside with Cecily's help.

They sat on a garden bench together in the warm night air. "What a fuck up" Mark groaned.

Cecily snorted. "You can say that again. Just wait until you try and explain this to the pack. I mean" she grinned in jest "what if she's your bonded mate or something?!"

"Don't even joke" Mark scowled. That would be too much to take.

So many questions were bombarded at Mark, and at the very least he properly answered them, but all Céleste wanted to know was if he turned her just to patch his wounded ego after she turned him down for Prom. She and her parents drank in all of this new information, and her Mother spoke after Mark and Cecily went outside after all the explanations were done, knowing Céleste was going to bombard her with questions,"Only Alphas can turn people. Sometimes the bite doesn't take and the person dies instead of turning. Wolfsbane is bad stuff for werewolves. That's what I seethed your weapons in because I know this town has strong supernatural history... Transformations are triggered by the full moon. As to your questions about what I am, I'm a Faerie. In actuality, I barely look older than you, but my kind specializes in illusionary magic, and other sorts of Faerie magic. Mundanes see an aging woman, the magic is there to avoid others from asking questions. Your ears are naturally pointed, but others see them normally since the illusionary magic prevents them from seeing what they actually look like. I do not know what you can access since you were born a hybrid, but since Faerie blood is dominant, and now you're half werewolf, half fey, I truly have no idea what your abilities are now." Céleste nodded, and walked outside, and she spoke,"How the hell do I even turn? Do I have to feel a particular emotion, or feel anything? What triggers it besides the full moon?"

Mark sighed, watching the Fae girl from the bench next to Cecily. "Just..." he paused. He'd been about to say "Just do it" but that wasn't fair. Mark didn't really like Céleste. Hated the situation they were in now. But she was his responsibility now. He was the Alpha. And it had been him that had fucked up her life. He felt sorry for the small blonde girl standing defiantly before him.

"Just...It's like....It's like...." he frowned. "Have you ever smoked a cigarette?" he asked, "Its like that. Exhaling whilst knowing you have something inside you. Imagine a lungfull of smoke to breath out. Honestly. The transformation is easier than you think. It'll hurt, I'm afraid, but it gets easier".

He sat back, closing his eyes, breathing heavily. "Honestly, not being creepy or anything, but you might want to strip. The process really fucks up your clothes". He knew Céleste probably hated him, thought him an arrogant jerk, but really he didn't care. He was tired. Tired of this fucked up situation. He wanted to watch her transform into a weak beta, something her parents could help her deal with, and get the hell out of there. He felt certain that would be all.

He felt Cecily tense beside him and, from the sounds and smells his heightened senses picked up, knew the transformation was taking place. Maybe he should peak, he thought with a smirk, maybe catch a sight of the haughty girl in her underwear, but then he felt Cecily tense again and heard her gasp. He opened his eyes. "Holy shit" he said, jaw open, at the sight before him.

Céleste shook her head when he asked her if she ever smoked a cigarette. She hated the smell. Cigarettes, cigars, if it was smokeable, she hated the smell. It bothered her to no degree. She stripped when Mark closed his eyes, she stripped when she was sure only Cecily was watching, a fellow female who had no sexual attraction towards her was watching... And let it go. Exhaled, let the beast inside out. Holy hell, it hurt even more than getting bitten. Her bones breaking and reshaping... AT first she transformed into the 'normal' wolf, the humanoid version, even with that transformation, she looked far deadlier than the average humanoid. Then she felt her body reform even more... When the pain stopped, when Mark opened his eyes, he would see a massive golden/white furred wolf standing before him, with very large paws, the eyes black with golden colored flakes...

"Fuck" Mark hissed through clenched teeth.

"Yeah" whispered Cecily next to him. "Yeah. I mean" she spun to look at him as Céleste prowled a little, getting used to her new form, "not just a Beta but a really fucking powerful one. I mean, you can sense it on her. Maybe its the fae blood or maybe its..." she looked at him, uncertain, unwilling to voice the probability.

"She isn't" he snarled, his voice certainly carrying over to Céleste. "She won't be the chosen mate. That's stupid. There's no attraction, no similarity, hell" he groaned in frustration, "we don't even like each other. Even before this Céleste couldn't fucking stand me! There's no way she's my Lunar One." He stalked over to Céleste, who had begun to shift back, and was now a 'normal' wolf again.

"You need to be part of the pack" he growled at her. "No if ands or buts. Meet us in two hours time. At the campsite where I..." he scowled. "You know". And he stalked off, not looking back.

He was the first one at the campsite later. Prowling, normally transformed, he sniffed and huffed at the night air in frustration. Lunar One. It was an old folk story, nothing more, a piece of lycanthrope lore that meant nothing. Based around the very real idea that Alpha's needed mates to help continue the species, the story went that in a pack such as Mark's where all members were bitten rather than born wolves, eventually fate would place a stronger Beta into the group who would be bound to the Alpha as a soulmate. He spat. Cecily was wrong. Dead wrong.

He watched as, over the next few minutes, figures prowled out of the dark. There were six Betas in the pack, not counting Céleste, and he eyed them one by one.

Cecily stood, frowning, on his left. Her customary position given that he had no mate to take the place. Next to her was Jenny, with her similar red colouring to Cecily, and next to her the smaller form of Daniel. Daniel had only been twelve when bitten and now, fifteen, was still the smallest and youngest member of the pack. His yellow eyes darted around with worry. Next to Daniel were a couple, Ellen and Marcos, in their earlier twenties but weaker wolves and happy to follow Mark. They could be relied upon, he knew, but could also be a little on the cowardly side. Looking after each other was their main priority.

The final Beta stood a little further back. Noone knew much about Zac's past. He was older by far, pushing forty, his hide flecked with grey. Blue eyes, the sign of a killer, flashed in his scarred face. Mark scowled. He suspected that, even though a weak and almost dying Omega when they had found him, Zac had once been an Alpha in his own right. He was trouble, always challenging decisions and vying for status, and Mark had recently taken to keeping a close eye on him, sure he would challenge for the pack soon. He also knew he wanted to make Cecily his mate, whether she liked the idea or not.

"We've a new member of the pack" Mark announced, cutting across their confused babble, and shifting as their eyes fixed on him. For a second he worried that she hadn't turned up but then he smelt her, her scent strangely inviting and floral, and turned to point. "Céleste" he said simply.

Céleste knew that Mark and Cecily were both impressed and scared by what she could do, by what she just did, transforming into this huge wolf. She grew tired, and slowly began to transform back to a human slowly, first going to the 'normal' humanoid transformation, then finally, she was completely human in appearance again. Oddly enough, she did not feel awkward about being naked, for she knew and felt she looked just as glorious with clothes on as she did with clothes off, and she listened to Mark's words, even though she did not like what she heard. She nodded, and stomped back into the house after he and Cecily left, knowing full well her Mother had been listening in, and she groaned, going upstairs, showered, dried off, and put some new clothes on, and after time had passed, she put on a new set of boots, and followed Mark's scent to the campsite. She made her way to the site, just as Mark called her name. Her long golden hair was loose, and she looked like a biker, she was wearing all black.

As Céleste entered the clearing the pack erupted in noise. Questions, complaints, anger, fear. Mark ignored it. His eyes were on Céleste. She looked damn good, he had to admit, dressed up in tight-fitting black, her long golden hair hanging in a loose mane around her head. He felt her eyes on him and looked away. She was still a mistake.

"A fucking mistake!" Zac's snarl of indignation snapped Mark's attention back to the pack. The older beta was pacing, blue eyes glaring at both Céleste and Mark. "She's some sort of fucking Fae. I can smell it on her. She'll bring hunters, a prize like that, hunters on top of us." He was striding back and forth now, glaring at Céleste, jabbing at the air with his finger. Mark moved, slowly, between the two of them. Not that he cared for Céleste, he told himself, but that she was still his responsibility. And something was happening here.

Suddenly, Zac transformed and then the whole pack, baring Céleste, was in werewolf form. Teeth were barred, claws extended, and Mark new this was something dangerous.

"Back off Zac" he hissed, hoping Céleste had picked up on what was going on and transformed too. This had the makings of a leadership battle.

As soon as she entered the clearing, it exploded into noise, Céleste could sense that the rest of the pack was not happy about her being here, about her existing. She could sense anger and fear and hate, all the bad emotions, she could smell it too... This Beta in front of her, the one that Mark stepped in front of, seemed to hate the most, she could sense he wanted to kill her. She had a strong desire to protect Mark, and so she transformed. Again, it hurt like a bitch... But she did it. Once more, she transformed into the great golden white wolf with black eyes with gold flakes... Her paws seemed larger, longer, but only because her claws were also extended. She had no qualms about killing somebody, about murder in the name of self defense.

Mark felt Corie change behind him but, as he turned to look, he took his eye off Zac. The Beta leapt, pouncing on him, and pretty soon they were writhing on the wet grass, teeth and claws raking and snapping at each other.

Pinning him to the ground Zac snarled at Mark "I'll kill you and then I'll break in your sister, Jenny, and that new blonde bitch." Looking up at Céleste he snarled "I'll fuck you good missy!" Glaring down at Mark he hissed "Make myself the harem you were too much of a pussy to..." He never finished the sentence as Mark pushed him back off with a growl.

They circled each other, the pack making space for them, knowing it was a leadership fight now. Mark watched Zac wearily. The older Beta was an unknown quantity, desperate and dangerous, and Mark was still weak from his wounds. Zac feinted left and Mark almost fell for it, but managed to go right at the precise moment. He suddenly had the upper hand and pounced, knocking Zac to the ground. He was on Zac's back, knees pinning him down, and claw raised to strike when he looked up and saw Céleste's face. Did she not understand? Why was she staring at him like that?

Céleste was always fascinated by watching those that were considered 'Bosses' fight. Earlier, her Mother explained that a werewolf that was lower than an Alpha could become an Alpha by killing an Alpha. She did say that while it was extremely rare, a werewolf could rise to Alpha status purely through good character and strength of will, Mom said they were called 'True Alphas' since they didn't need to kill, to steal an Alphas power through murder. What made Bosses fighting so fascinating was that when leaders fought, it was the best battle of wills, of strength...

And now, that battle was taking place between Mark and Zac. She could tell that it was forbidden to interrupt such a fight. She was pleased Mark finally got the upper hand. She knew Zac would be a poor leader. Leaders did not throw their weight around just to show who was the boss. Only bullies did that. As Mark finally got the upper hand, she looked at him, really looked at him. She was thinking,"Let him live. Not out of mercy, but to show him that you are the bigger man. Let him live to let him know that he will always owe you for letting him live." She didn't know if these thoughts would reach him, but it was the wisest course of action.

Mark paused, looking at the hesitation in Céleste's eyes. It was almost as if she was trying to tell him something...

He stood, surprising himself as well as the rest of the pack. Zac still glared at him through eyes laced with hatred but, standing, hung his head low in submission. For now, at least, Mark seemed to be in charge. He waited until Zac stepped back to the edge of the circle before speaking again. Everything about the pack was display. Dominance. Power. Force.

He sighed, secretly glad to have it over with, and looked around. "Any other business?" he asked.

It was then that Ellen and Marcos broke the news that they were pregnant. Their shy announcement and looks were greeted with hoots and cheers by the pack. Soon everyone was transformed back into human form and clustered around them eagerly. Mark hung back, watching Céleste, who seemed unsure of whether she really belonged.

"Come on" he announced to the group, but looking specifically at her, "celebration time!"

About twenty minutes later they were all crammed into two booths in the local dinner. Most of the hubbub of voices was concentrated on the second booth, where Ellen and Marcos sat. Even Cecily and Jenny were leaning over the divide to talk to them, leaving only Mark and Céleste sitting side by side in the far booth. He sighed, really tired now, and turned to smile at the girl.

"How are you doing Céleste?" he murmured "does this all still seem alien and weird to you?" He hoped she wouldn't just cold shoulder him - she had been silent on the walk down from the clearing.

Céleste smiled, breathed a sigh of relief as she watched Mark do the right thing to let Zac live. That was nice, but she knew it would have to bother Zac since he now owed Mark a debt for letting him live. She pretty much stayed out of the way while the two other wolves, she didn't know their names, made the announcement that they were expecting. She transformed back, back she ran off back to her house. It wasn't really a nice thing to be naked, so she cleaned up, got fresh clothes on, and followed the scent trails of the pack back to a local diner. She was sitting right next to Mark, and she answered,"Yes, it still does. Never asked for any of the weirdness. Kinda get why Mother raised me as a mundane."

He shrugged. "At least you have parents who know about it all. Cecily and I were bitten it was...difficult. We had to keep it from them."

Mark frowned, pushing the food on his plate around, less hungry now. "Look" he said, unable to meet her eyes, "I'm sorry. Its not really any defence that when the full wolf is upon you its hard to manage your actions. Not really. I shouldn't have transformed angry. It was shitty of me and you don't deserve this. I'm sorry".

"Awh" said a giggly voice from across the table and he looked up to see Jenny and Cecily smiling at him. "You're such a sweetie Mark" Jenny smiled "why don't you have a girlfriend? Is it because you're so quiet and keep to yourself?" she asked seriously.

Cecily rolled her eyes. "I keep telling you Jen. He's not like that at school. If you didn't go to the fancy private school he'd have been all over you long ago."

"I wouldn't mind" Jenny giggled, taking a long suggestive sip from her milkshake. Mark snorted in amusement.

"The reason I haven't" he said softly, eyes on the table, "is that pack is different. You can't piss about in Pack. Mating is..." he looked over at Ellen and Marcos. "Special. Permanent".

That, really, was why he pissed about with so many girls at school. It was a relief not to have to be so serious about it all.

"My Dad has what some supernatural folk call 'Sight', he can see through magics, see through lies, all sorts of things. Ability that a precious few mundanes have, nobody knows why it happens, just does. But he knew at once what Mom was, but didn't care." she replied calmly, simply. She watched him push around the food on his plate, and she spoke severely,"You should eat. It does no good if you don't, even if you aren't hungry. Your mind might not be hungry, but your body might be." She smiled gently, and she spoke,"You're far more attractive to me when you aren't acting like a playboy. You're far more attractive to me when you're honest about doing the things you do. Just a thought."

Back
Top Bottom