Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"Tch," Luce replied in return, heading back into her room with a violent slam of the door. It was a wonder the door didn't break off. Wizard blinked incredulously at Aernir, slumping back in his seat.

"...Ignorance is bliss?" he tried hopefully.

Her room was an armory and a half, every open spot had hooks, and that usually held a gun of some kind or another. Ammo boxes stacked up near her desk, where she usually kept her guns cleaned and functioning. She had a closet that was half open, exposing just how little fashion sense she had, and a bathroom with a combination shower and toilet. It was dirty, messy...and it was her home. Her fortress of solitude ruined because this fucking bitch just NEEDED someone to sleep with.

And she could have said no. But she didn't.

She was more pissed about that then anything as she sat down on her worn bed.

Aernir shrugged at Wizard, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cigarette. "You can't tell me you're not the least bit curious as to what Rayna did to make Luce..like that."

Rayna was still gawking at everything, so much so that she was chewing with her mouth open as he eyes took in so much weaponry. When she heard Luce sit down she turned towards her. "How do you live in this, Luce? Isn't being surrounded with this stuff bothersome? Isn't a bedroom where you go to get away from work? This should all be in a different room." She said before finishing her slice of pizza and licking her fingers.

"Curiosity killed the cat, buddy," Wizard mumbled. "And I don't know about you, but I really don't want to see how creative Luce gets when and if she finds out we did something, not that we ever will."

"I like my work," Luce said irritably. "Is that so wrong?" She loved the sound of guns loading, the roar of gunfire, the smell of gunpowder. The screams, oh...the screams. They were beautiful.

"A crying shame. Both of those women are going to be the death of us, Wizard. Or at least me. Rayna is too damn cute and innocent, and one of these days she's gonna find me when I'm drunk and vulnerable. I can't control myself around pretty girls while I'm drunk." But damn, that didn't mean he was going to stop drinking.

"No, it's not wrong at all but...it's still work. Unless being around these guns relaxes you?" Rayna sat beside her, and she wasn't shy either. Their legs were touching.

Luce grimaced faintly, secretly glad she kept her pants on. How could anyone be so...ugh, whatever. "...Guns are freedom, after all. What's not to like about freedom?"

"Guns are...freedom? How so?" Rayna asked as she looked into Luce's eyes like a student awaiting the wise words of their teacher. She wanted to know how her new best friend worked. These guns were interesting to Rayna, but they didn't belong in a bedroom to her.

Luce was a tiny bit taken aback by her...eagerness. But she swallowed faintly before she frowned at the wall. "...Guns are...safe," she started. "They equalize anything."

Get back! Get back! I fucking swear I'll shoot your fucking balls off if you move! She's not going to do anything, look at how her hands are shaking! What a fucking bitch! Just grab her and- Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Screaming, running. Bang. Bang. Click. Empty Gun. Drop the empty magazine. More footsteps, shotgun being loaded. Feed the new magazine in. Rack the slide, shotgun blast. Missed, hit the ground. Ground smells like blood and urine. Bang. Bang. Bang.

"There's nothing that can't be fixed by shooting someone, no more person, no more problem." Luce said. "You kill enough people, you kill enough problems...you've got nothing but your life to look ahead of."

Once again, that voice in her head. It was enough to made Rayna's skin crawl. Her smile fell and she looked away. She wasn't sure what to say, mainly because these guns were not only a source of freedom for Luce, but pain. A link to her painful past, the thing that ironically ended that chapter in her life still made her remember it.

"I..see." She said softly as she looked away from Luce. "We don't have to talk about this anymore.."

"...It's fine," Luce said, in a voice that meant the exact opposite as her eyes took a distant look. "That's just...how it's always been, Rayna." She remembered too much with her around, and it just made her angrier. And yet...here she was, stuck to her like a little sister, or a best friend. It terrified her, she didn't like being afraid.

Sobbing, crying. A man panting over her like some sort of diseased dog. Shuddering, heat...warmth, shouldn't feel so good. Always did. Fingers tightened around her neck, breathing became so much harder. Wanted to give in, fear trickling down her leg, tears in her eyes. Fists tighten, right in the eye. Pops it like a zit, squeals like a bitch. Scrambling, familiar metal. Comfort, chamber is good. Trigger. Bang Bang. Dead.

"It's not fine! You should have never went through that! Not at all, Rayna! If I could, I'd find all of them and send them to the deepest pits of hell!" If they weren't there already. Rayna pieced in information that may or may not have been accurate..but it made her furious, angry..and Carmello loved it. No. She had to silence her emotions..if they were too in tune she could be possessed. Always a risk for mages like her, who were more in tune with the dead.

"Shut up, Rayna," Luce muttered. "It's in the past, and nothing you do or say is going to change that. And if you know any better, what I went through stays between us, or you won't have anything to make sure things go through. I don't want to think about this shit anymore, so just drop it and go to bed, or something."

Rayna just nodded and then crawled to the other side of the bed to lay down. She was tired, but...now that she thought about it she might not be able to sleep very well here either...not with Luce. The spirit around Aernir was nice, but this one..wasn't at all. As much as she tried to tune it out..she wasn't sure if she could sleep if he didn't stop talking, and even if she could..she had a feeling she would be having bad dreams.

Luce left her alone for a while, mostly because...she didn't know what to say. She had never had someone so quickly sink into ehr fucking mind and yank out all of her dirt and dust. She didn't like it.

...She didn't, did she? She was pretty sure that she didn't. But here she was regardless, laying in her fucking bed and always getting her to answer her fucking personal questions. Watching her try to sleep reminded Luce of her first times out, and...how that felt. She sighed heavily, scratching her forehead a moment before she muttered a string of curses and kicked off her boots, settling on the bed and...curling around her, almost protectively.

"Last fucking time I save a witch," Luce grumbled. No good came of it, she didn't want to remember what it felt like to be afraid, to be alone. She wanted to remember what it felt like to kill her first target, that rush of getting paid. She wanted to remember the good things. Not remember how fucking miserable her life really was.

Rayna was trying her best to go to sleep but it was clear that she couldn't. However, feeling Luce embrace her in the bed was the nicest thing Rayna had felt in a long time. She smiled a bit and then decided not to say anything. She didn't want to ruin this, and she didn't want Luce to pull away. She closed her eyes again and finally was able to find some comfort enough to sleep.

Though that night..she had a very terrifying dream. A dream about a girl...who died over and over again...only to be brought back to life in another body...to suffer the same pain of defilement and death again. Rayna felt like she couldn't move or breathe at all...and when it was time for her to wake up, she still couldn't bring herself out of the same thing that played over and over...all the scenes were different but the same...this was what the world must have really been like.

Luce didn't really think she fell asleep, but...she did. She didn't know what to make of that. She didn't like the dream she had, but even more concerning was...Rayna. Who looked like she had sweat her body weight out during the night. Waking up to that was a minor annoyance, and slightly nerve wracking.

"Hey, Rayna...Rayna!" Luce said, giving her cheek a little smack. "Dammit, wake up!" Fuck, what did she do this time?

Rayna felt the smack, and she heard the voice. Her consciousness was returning, but hands..those bloody, sweaty hands grabbed at her. Stay here and watch. Forever. They were choking her, she felt like she couldn't breathe..but she couldn't stay. She had to wake up. She had to..

A gasp of fresh air and finally her eyes were open as she looked up Luce, her pupils completely dilated with fear. She was finally back..she felt like she hadn't taken a breath in an eternity. "..Luce." She was still panting. That was the worst nightmare she had ever had. Probably because it was real.

"What the fuck is going on?" Luce muttered, gripping her by the shirt collar to help her up. "What in the hell were you dreaming about?" She thought she had bad dreams...

"I..." When Rayna sat up so suddenly, the world went spinning. She put her hand on her forehead and closed her eyes for a moment as she recollected herself. "I can't tell you..I can't say." She finished. She was sure it would only hurt her.

"You can't say?" Luce muttered. "You sweat off like thirty pounds in my bed and...what, is it some kind of mage thing? You can cast fireballs, but you get horrible dreams?"

"Please just drop it. If I tell you what I dreamed about, it would hurt you." Rayna's entire face was pale. She felt gross...her clothes were damp..maybe she wasn't used to sleeping in actual clothes. Or maybe the dream had scared her that much. Whatever it was...she just wanted to forget about the horrible things she had seen in that dream.

"...Whatever, then...take a shower." she muttered, hand running through her hair. Hurt me? Ugh...she knew it. She shouldn't have bothered. She just should have left it alone, told her to sleep on the couch. But no, she had to fucking...do...whatever it is she did.

Fucking great.

Rayna was zoning out for a moment, however when she processed what Luce had told her, she just nodded in response. She looked at the door that led to the hallway, and then the extra door that led to Luce's private bathroom. "Which shower should I use?" She asked as she wiped the sweat from her brow. She would need a change of clothes, too...

Luce sighed, hand on her forehead. Jesus, she almost had a fever. "Mine, you can sit down." she murmured. "Just...relax in there for a little bit, okay?" Why did she care? Good question, but why did Rayna care about her? Maybe she felt obligated.

...Or maybe the scummy bitch in her heart was...sort of happy over having someone who could fuck up her normal routine. Who knows.

"I'll...try." Rayna's gaze was vacant as she tried to push those nightmares out of her head. She was back in the real world...she wasn't there anymore. Even though she had watched the same thing for hours, she was okay. Everything was going to be okay. She got up and then walked into Luce's bathroom. It was dirty, hair everywhere and there was also some clutter. Though it was still a girls bathroom, with stuff Luce may or may not use daily. She took off her clothes and folded them neatly, placing them on top of the toilet seat. Then she turned on the shower and stood there. She could sit, but she didn't want to. Or maybe she didn't even realize what Luce meant by that. Either way, she felt hallow right now.

The world was cruel.

Luce pulled her sheets off and and dumped them in the hamper, heading toward the restroom to watch her just...stare at the wall. She shouldn't ask, asking brought back memories. She hadn't seen anyone suffer through her pain before, talking to...dead people, or spirits, or whatever. Mages were creepy, uncomfortable people that made her skin crawl. But she didn't know what to think about someone...living her dreams, seeing her life. It was creepy, it was also scary and...it just made her feel far too vulnerable.

"...Rayna," Luce muttered. "Cut the shit, alright? What did you see?"

Back
Top Bottom