Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC Thread

RE: Heroes RPG

Hmmm... My first impulse was to say "Heroes: Europe" just cause it could be fun... And maybe we could tie things back to Nazi experiments (always fun to blame things on the Nazis)

That or you could blame it on the soviets too, they work pretty much just as well, or both of them and their war against each other.

SithLordOfSnark said:
That's why I made the OOC first. I need help coming up with and writing the plot.

Should we allow canons or just originals?

From the interest thread I would say everyone is expecting to play an OC character.

That would be my vote anyway

SithLordOfSnark said:
OCs would work. I'm fine with that or characters from the series.

We'll make it just OCs.

Location? Plot?

*waves at everyone*

Hi! I'm Traveler, and I'm a recovering Heroes Addict.

The series ended with Clair revealing the presence of Heroes to a group of reporters. What if we take this into the future slightly, and have the next generation of Heroes come into play? They don't have to be the OC's kids but they can be preteens who were around when the original Heroes story occurred.

That gives our GM the opportunity to use the OCs as NPCs to move the plot along. :p

What if the original Primatech leaders have another secret group and now they're trying to round up those with powers to make them into a super military-type group, with the intent of taking over the world? Our characters can then be good guys (resistant to the overthrow) or bad guys. We can start out in London and then have the story hop the globe.

Just a few ideas. :D

Anytime. :)

Are you going to have us post our characters in this thread? What kind of a character sheet do you want us to use?

(No, not too much of an addict - honestly. Ha!)

Site rules require a Sheet thread, I thought.

And ... Hmmmm.... I likee... I think I've watched too much Misfits, but I think I want to play a London Party Girl who did something a bit more then naughty and has ended up having to do Community Service. Don't really have a handle on her powers as of yet... Maybe she's just now expressing her powers... OOO maybe she's a shapeshifter and impersonated her famous girl crush to get into the club and when she couldn't maintain her power she got caught.

Cora von Fotze said:
Site rules require a Sheet thread, I thought.

And ... Hmmmm.... I likee... I think I've watched too much Misfits, but I think I want to play a London Party Girl who did something a bit more then naughty and has ended up having to do Community Service. Don't really have a handle on her powers as of yet... Maybe she's just now expressing her powers... OOO maybe she's a shapeshifter and impersonated her famous girl crush to get into the club and when she couldn't maintain her power she got caught.

I'm already intrigued by this character.

SithLordOfSnark said:
I need someone to help me write the actual plot description, then I'll start the sheet thread and IC thread.

:s

Come at me, bro. Do you want to PM the plot line?

(Why did that go through my head with the same tune as "Do you want to build a snowman"?) Egads!

Traveler said:

Why thank you, T-man. I think I will use this as a face claim...

Cara-Delevingne-14.jpg

To mark her as 'Brilliantly Mental'. What do you think?

tumblr_mq848oP7vY1qbc25wo1_500.gif

Couldn’t resist sharing

Cora von Fotze said:
Traveler said:

Why thank you, T-man. I think I will use this as a face claim...

Cara-Delevingne-14.jpg

To mark her as 'Brilliantly Mental'. What do you think?

tumblr_mq848oP7vY1qbc25wo1_500.gif

Couldn’t resist sharing

She's like a Mensa Lindsey Lohan! So who is her celebrity crush who she impersonated? Or do we get to find out in play?

And share. Please... share. :D

Name: Monica Valdez
Height:5'2"
Weight:135
Eyes:Emerald green
Hair:Black
Measurements:38D,24,36
Personality:Shes always been a tech geek regardless of her socialably acceptable physical beauty she found herself into the nerdy geeky aspects of life. Shes charismatic arrogant and confident.
History: She lived a normal life until her power manifested at 16. She kept it to herself until one day she inadvertantly read her teachers mind and replied to her teachers thoughts. Unlike other Telepaths her power fully manifested with in a couple of weeks. Shes had her run ins with Prima tecj and does her best to stay off their radar while persuing a career as a intern at a local psychologists office attending college to earn her psych degree.

We should come up with a better name then just Heroes as well, and put up a character sheet thread ASAP.

Anyone have any clever ideas of what to call the RP?

Well, the new series is called Heroes: Reborn (To be aired in 2015), maybe we should have a similar name?

I'm more interested in knowing what the plot is.

I'd vote for Heroes: Emergent

It was an off the cuff thought based off the idea that we're picking up right after the revelation of people with powers out there in the world, then, geek that I am I looked it up and LOVED the 2nd definition of it (as it so justifies the Primatech response to things) and it's also an ecological concept describing when a tree rises above the others.

OK, done campaigning now :D

Cora von Fotze said:
I'd vote for Heroes: Emergent

It was an off the cuff thought based off the idea that we're picking up right after the revelation of people with powers out there in the world, then, geek that I am I looked it up and LOVED the 2nd definition of it (as it so justifies the Primatech response to things) and it's also an ecological concept describing when a tree rises above the others.

OK, done campaigning now :D

I think that's really a great word. If there are no other submissions by 10pm PST tonight I vote that we use that title and get the character thread up. Campaign away - nerds are always welcome. :D

As far as plots go there was a brief discussion here about a possible plot thread to start us off. I find, as a past GM that plots tend to write themselves after character interactions and chemistry begin to form.

I'm hoping that SithLordofSnark will do us the honor of being the primary GM in this group RP. I'd be happy to co-GM with him if it helps to move the story along, but I'm also very busy on weekends when most people like to interact in group games.

---

Does anyone have any plot ideas they'd like to share?

Hehehe... Plot ideas ... Always have 'em... I agree though seeing the characters will help as we
a) need to know who they are, where they're from and where are they now
B) it could be good for everyone to pick 1 or 2 other characters they know... The way Niki knew Micah and Nathan, Nathan knew Micah and Peter... Makes it easier to do different plot lines that intersect when its not a workplace/high school story.

Backstories...

I love them. They add a lot of depth to the game.

Just thinking out loud...

Now I can't wait until the deadline so we can start putting down our characters. I'm thinking of playing a guy who had to decide to either go to jail (maybe for grand theft or some other youthful, prank-filled crime), or join the military. He opts for bootcamp since it's less likely to entail being a boyfriend to Bubba, ha!

I'm thinking that somehow he gets listed as DOA after his power reveals itself and now he's running around the world, stealing identities and fortunes as he tries to figure out how to turn this to his advantage. I'm not certain what his power would be. Maybe he'll have a basic ability like Claire does, explaining how he's supposed to be dead but isn't. I'm certain that feeling like you're invincible will draw the cockiness out of any red-blooded man.

Back
Top Bottom