Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nightstalker ~ Gypsy Prisoner ~ DarknessEmbraced666

Natalya smiles up at him before nodding. "You're welcome." she replies softly before beginning to eat. The girl was a little nervous about going to see the elder of her people and asking if he could join them, unsure about if the woman would say yes or no.

Ross smiled back into her eyes as he sat enjoying the breakfast, he could tell she was thinking hard on something as he spoke softly. "Want me to come with you today?"

Natalya looked up at Ross and smiled brightly before shrugging. "No, you don't have to." she said softly. "I should be able to do this alone." she said gently with a small smile. Her eyes glittered as she smiled at him and she took another bite of her food. "I'm just a little nervous as to what the others will say and think."

Ross's dark bright blue eyes met hers as he reached across and ran several long thick fingers of his left hand not just across her cheek but through her reddish tresses, his words softly spoken. "I know you are. You will do well and if they do not allow me to then we will end."

Natalya closed her eyes as he ran his fingers through her long hair, smiling gently before kissing his hand as it passed near her lips. But when he spoke, she stilled before looking up at him and shaking her head. "We will end? What do you mean?" she asked him softly while gently grasping his hand.

Ross felt the somber mood in her whole body not just her facial features and words at what he had just said. He hated to think it but had to be prepared for the worst. His voice calm and softly spoken. "Natalya they may not want me to join you. This will mean I shall stay here and let you go with what you have known as family. It would wrong of me to do otherwise."

Natalya slowly released his hand and looked down at her lap. The mood in the entire room seemed to of darkened at his reply and she looked sad. "It'll be hard to leave if you can't come." she said softly. She ran her fingers through her hair before looking up at him. "I will have to put up a good argument then."

Ross felt her hand let go of his and knew that his words had not her young body too well, watching her eyes lower then look up to meet his he reached across and ran several long thick outstretched fingers across the soft skin of her cheek. "Natalya I would miss you and know my life would never be the same but I cannot force them to take me. It is not fair on them and I have been quite selfish to hold you here against your will too."

Natalya closes her eyes as he strokes her cheek before sighing. Slowly she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face into his stomach. "I will miss you so much." she said gently before sniffling softly. "And anytime we come back through, if you can't come with us, I'll be sure to find you. I promise."

Ross wanted to prepare her for the worst, he did not know how the elders would feel about him tagging along so to speak as he held her close, lips softly touching her forehead as he spoke softly. "Natalya I know you will. Take your horse and go and see them."

Natalya closed her eyes tightly when he kissed her on the forehead before slowly nodding after being told to take her horse and go. "Okay." she whispered to him. Slowly she stood up and ran her fingers over his cheek before heading upstairs to fetch the note he had given her. After grabbing it from the bedside table, she headed back downstairs, pausing in the kitchen doorway to look at him one last time before hurrying from the house. She rushed around to the stables where she readied the horse she usually used and about five minutes later her and the horse were galloping down the road from the house.

Ross heard her whispered words and moved to sit back down at the table, his eyes meeting hers when she came back down. Hearing them both leaving he already felt emptiness within his heart, again it would be that way or would it. Only the elders could decide their fate now as he sipped his coffee in silence.

Natalya felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes as she road away from the house on the horse, her long hair fluttering in the wind as the horse ran. She arrived in town and once she greeted some of the other gypsies, she disappeared into the wagon of the elders and she was in there for hours.

Ross could only try to imagine what was going through her mind as she headed towards the meeting, finishing his coffee and making sure he was properly attired he walked briskly to work and with the bandages bulking out parts of his clothes he got a few more looks than usual. He worked until mid afternoon not even really feeling like eating anything, the decision to come from the elders weighing heavily on his mind.

For hours and hours Natalya spent conversing with the elders over Ross joining her. They continued to argue late into the evening before she finally emerged. She sighed before moving to her horse and mounting, heading back for the manor. The horse moved at a slow gallop back towards the manor where she hoped he hadn't been waiting too long for her.

Ross worked later than he needed to, his house would be empty no matter what time he arrived home he believed so with that in mind he did not even glance at the small clock on the wall until the time read almost 11pm. Another late night and was tempted to sleep at the court house or in his small chambers before wearily walking home slowly. The loud clatter of the small gate was swung open about thirty minutes as he staggered up to the front door, not having eaten earlier in the day causing some of his discomfort.

It wasn't long after he staggered through the gate that Natalya followed him and led the horse along the road up to the house. She saw Ross up ahead and smiled to herself as she led the horse up behind him. "Ross." she called tiredly before pulling the horse to a stop and dismounted slowly, patting the horse on the neck before moving towards Ross.

Ross heard the unmistakable voice and turned slowly, his dark bright blue eyes meeting hers as the distance between them shortened. Arms outstretched towards as he spoke. "Natalya I fear it is not good news."

Natalya rushed into his arms and wrapped hers around him while burying her face into his chest with a sigh. "There is nothing to fear." she said softly. "They have agreed to let you come." She slowly looked up at him with a small smile. "As soon as you're done here, we shall join them."

Ross's dark bright blue eyes watched her body run towards his, long muscular arms wrapped around her body as he listened to her words. Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks as he softly kissed across her forehead holding her close before speaking in a whispered tone. "Natalya that would be less than a day to fully give leave from court duties."

Natalya reached up and wiped Ross's tears from his cheeks while smiling up at him. "Take your time. The elders and the others are collecting supplies for traveling. I let them know what they would need for healing, so they are getting herbs as well." She smiled a little more and kissed him softly on the lips. "Go, head in side and get comfortable. I shall put the horse in the stables."

Ross felt her slender young fingers reach up to wipe away the tears, his dark blue eyes stayed softly locked with hers as he ran several long thick of his large right hand through her long tresses. Leaning down slightly more he kissed her lips passionately, words whispered. "Don't be too long and It will only take a day at the tops."

Natalya sighed as he ran his fingers through her hair and she nodded. "I won't be long. I promise." she whispered. "Because I want to be back in your arms so quickly." Kissing him once more, she slowly pulled away before grabbing the horses reins and leading the animal back to the stables where she began unsaddling the horse and getting him cooled down from the ride.

Ross listened to her words and smiled softly watching her leave towards the stable area, soon enough they would be on the road with freedom and no cares as he entered the house pouring a drink for himself and starting on the evening meal. It would be light as he glanced back towards the front steps before walking casually out and calling one of the guards. Making sure they delivered the letter tonight it would give the mayor time to work on finding a replacement for all court proceedings as he returned inside to check on the stove before turning it off and serving up the food.

Natalya softly spoke to the horse as she brushed it down. "And Ross said you're coming with us." she said softly as she finished brushing the horse. "To which I'm glad. I've become rather fond of you." THe horse lightly nudged her arm before beginning to eat again. She chuckled and smiled before locking the stall door and heading inside. Entering the house, she could smell the food and she entered the kitchen as Ross served up the food and she smiled at him as she approached.

Back
Top Bottom