Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

The Lady of York that smile that only Rallon could summon as she felt his arms wrap her in his warm and steely embrace.

A sudden wave of head rushed to her cheeks as she felt her husband's obvious arousal prodding into her. Rose had thought herself a nice hot mess since the day her daughter was brought into this world, but Rallon seemed to think otherwise and he never failed to remind her.

he thoroughly enjoyed it when he kissed her neck. She even wore a naughty smile after her licked her earlobe. She kissed her silly husband in between her soft laughter as her beloved Cynthia kept a keen eye on her father.

"Tuchesi is where he belongs." In their family. He had certainly done a good job with Cynthia. Her thoughts were interrupted and she bit back a soft moan as he ground into her and kissed her weak spot once more. "Of course, my love." She fully agreed as she so desperately wanted him in that intimate way, but her body was not quite done recovering.

"Besides, we will be well on our way to having grandchildren in no time, so we had better use what time alone we have accordingly. Same goes for you two." She teased at Cynthia and Tuchesi who was wisely using his time to catch up on his sleep.

"Mmm... you have business to tend to today, no?" She asked curiously, wondering how much of her husband's time she had left for this lovely morning.

"Well i am required to attend our daughter's presentation, Her majesty insists. But after that then i have to go work on the castle. The foremen are losing their minds because they think i have left all delivers and such to fall aside."

In fact he had used the downtime to ensure they now had a surplus of supplies and tools, as every day more and more workers arrived to work on the castle. Situated on a hill to the south of the city, where William the Conqueror himself had laid down fortifications, the castle proper was being built on a mass between those now crumbled fortifications, and the massive affair Rallon had planned. Eventually it would be far more than the rather pathetic single building that had been the center of city affairs, and soon it would truly begin to take shape.

He kissed his wife once again, and gave her another press of his flesh, ignoring Cynthia's growl, then sighed and drew free to lean down and kiss Alyssa's forehead just as her eyes opened.

The child squealed upon seeing her father, so he dutifully picked her up, delivered another kiss, then let Rose kiss her before taking her to the changing table to change and clean up, while Cynthia lead her mother over to her own bath, which steamed and awaited Rose. As her mother bathed, Cynthia laid out her chosen dress, shoes, and undergarments, then lay on the bed watching her mother wash and her father handle Alyssa.

Rallon did this smoothing, growling and tickling the child, who cooed and gurgled, squealing when tickled. Once cleaned of her mess, she was given a quick bath, which she didn't really like but she was too distracted by her father's ability to squeezed the water into the air to get mad, even when the water landed on her head and back. Once she was bathed then dried, Rallon put her in a fresh diaper, then into her daily wear, then sighed and put the rather ridiculous baby dress. He hated these things, feeling they looked foolish, trying to make an infant look grown, and Alyssa clearly agreed with him as she began to cry as he slipped it on. He sighed and soothed her rubbing her tummy and teasing her, but her mood did not improve.

Once dressed he sighed and handed her over to her mother, the child now grumping, and sniffling in hunger.

Rallon sniffed. "Those dresses may have been gifts from my mother and sisters but they are still ugly, look weird, and they squeeze the poor dear. i even loosened it but it's a lot of fluff and nonsense for an infant."

He sighed rolling his eyes. "Reminds me how glad I am to be a man and be allowed to just wear comfortable clothing for the most part."

Alyssa squalled now, clearly hungry and growing upset, trying to wriggle out of the outfit. One handy side of it was that it came with it's own concealed bib, which was especially useful as Alyssa was now spitting up, trying to be as messy as possible, having already discovered that a messy outfit would be hastily removed by any one of her aunts.

Rallon noticed this and chuckled. "Nearly as smart as you as well my love. Wasn't it you who pushed me into a mud puddle then 'fell' in so you wouldn't have to go to tea with your...aunt?"

As he spoke he stripped, revealing his darkly tanned flesh, which even now had not yet faded, though his frequent swims in the river with Cynthia and his habit of ripping most of the leggings off his work breeches explained that. His many scars had begun to fade somewhat with his now thrice daily ritual of bathing, usually in Rose's water, which was having a remarkable effect on the worst of them, loosening and smoothing the skin of the marks quite well.

Once bathed he dressed most casually, though he did select his formal jacket but also his preferred on his back sword sheathes. He also belted on his knives, and got his quiver as well. Cynthia arched an eyebrow. "You and Tuchesi are coming with me today. We are going hunting. Supposedly a bear is loose in the woods and is stealing sheep. Possibly a wolf pack as well."

He sighed and looked to Rose. "Shall I do your hair my love?" His own was simply brushed back along his skull and down his back.

Rose was excited when Rallon informed her that he would be attending the presentation. Then again, it was expected of both parents to attend the occasion. The wanting lady was forced to bit back a moan as she felt her husband tease her once more. She laughed as Cynthia was having none of it.

Rose lovingly kissed her baby girl before Rallon went at the task of changing her. Cynthia was ready to get things underway and she followed suit to get cleaned up. The heat seeping into her aching body which was recovering rather nicely. No tears or nothing. Rose rest her head upon her forearms on the edge of the tub to marvel at how naturally Rallon took care of their daughter.

With a sigh she dried up and got dressed in the clothes laid out for her. "Oh, my love I know it is so uncomfortable for you." She soothed as she fed the little one and held her in her arms.

"I know, dear. I know. The moment it is done, it comes right off. Best enjoy wearing cozy little clothes while you can enjoy it, wee one." Rose cleaned up the spiddle and listened as her husband recanted a tale.

"It was an honest mistake and I would have died of boredom if I had gone. Alyssa will have to wiggle her own way out of those moments." Already she could see a side of Rallon in the little one. Getting her into dresses was going to be a hassle. While Rose loved to dress up, she understood the lack of interest in being shoved in a room with boring adults and forced to interact in awkward conversations.

Rose laid the little one in the center of their massive bed where Cynthia and Tuchesi watched the little one. Alyssa marveled at the soft fur when her little fingers came in contact. Those emerald eyes looking at the creatures looming over her. A sudden smile and squeal of excitement escaped her while her mother went and wrapped her arms around her husband's neck and pressed a kiss to the side of his neck while she marveled at his body and his mere company. She gave him a moment to dress and laid upon the bed, playing with Alyssa and enjoying that smile.

"Hm? No thank you, dear, You go ahead." Rose held Alyssa in her arms and stole a passionate kiss from the Lord of York. It was hard to stop, but Alyssa was clearly wanting some affection from her father as well and Rose could not help but laugh. "All right, all right. I'll share him." She teased.

The girls were going to aid in getting Little Alyssa's presentation ready. Merely, a show for those wished to see her, congratulate the Lord and Lady of York, and offer gifts. It wouldn't be a grand as a ball, but it would have numerous people walking in and out of their home. When Rose reached the dining hall for her own food a stampede of girl surrounded her. Rose handed Alyssa off to one of her aunts while tending to her own food. The little one clearly wasn't too keen on being passed around like hot potato.

"Honest mistake? You said you had lost your brush in the puddle, then pushed me in while i looked for it. My mother was furious. Only reason you fell in was because I said that I would still have to go to the silly thing, and you would be punished and have to go anyway."

Cynthia growled in support of her mother, and Tuchesi lay his head on Rose's shoulder showing his own allegiance.

Rallon sniffed. "Furry traitors." He was smiling though

Rallon moved to the bed and dutifully kissed his ladies, Cynthia going last simply by distance, Tuchesi giving a growl when he received a kiss. Rallon gripped his muzzle. "Get used to it wolf. We're an affectionate family." Tuchesi huffed but also licked Rallon's wrist.

Once down in the dining room Rallonw as shooed away from his child, though even the girls at their most insistent could not deter Alyssa's ever faithful watch wolves. Many of them learned just how protective Cynthia was of her sister when she felt Alyssa was held wrong, and she would growl, stand on dresses, or even bark to make her point known.

Tuchesi lay behind Rose's chair, watching everything but not getting in the middle as he lacked Cynthia's grace and agility. The girls tried to argue with Cynthia about the baby, but Alyssa, quickly as ever realizing that her sister was once again her ally, would voice her own displeasure forcefully, making them adjust their hold.

She continued to spit up, and kept joining in her consternation, refusing to quiet down. Rallon refused to let them hand the baby to Rose, who he insisted eat, but when Amelia got her niece and tried to tempt her with a small glob of jelly, Alyssa had enough.

She threw her head back and began to wail. Cynthia immediately sat beside Amelia then looked to her father.

Rallon stood, took the baby and left the room, Cynthia obeyed his silent instruction to go lay under her mother's chair for her own breakfast, which Tuchesi was already tearing into.

Fisher was just coming down with David's rocker, the boy loved to rock for hours, when he spied Rallon step out of the dining room with the still screaming Alyssa.

Rallon smoothed down her dress, loosening it where he could again, then got her comfortable, enduring her continued screams, then calmly looked into her eyes. She tried to avoid his gaze, scrunching up her face in her rage, but finally she met the unshakeable blue eyes, and despite herself her cries cut off instantly.

"Alyssa my love I know it is miserable. But life is not divided into good and bad. Somethings merely must be endured. You are too small for punishment, and too young for a lesson. But know that your mother, sister, brother-in-law, and I, as well as your aunts and godparents love you. Now be still."

He kissed her forehead then wiped her eyes, removing her tears of rage, and her spit up, then smiled. "Such a lovely lady you are dear one. Someday some boy may think you as beautiful as your mother. And when that day comes I'll eat his ears."

Fisher could not help laughing at that ludicrous threat. The sound triggered Alyssa who somehow realized her daddy was being silly and squealed, smiling happily. "My lord...do you think she understands you?"

Rallon smiled, making her smile wider. "Maybe not my words, not yet anyway, but she knows what I mean."

Fisher nodded. He had seen nobles beat or punish children e same age as David and Alyssa for crying in public or other breaches of proper behavior and the very idea terrified him. Tia of course had her own ideas on child rearing, and he worried that the boy might not survive his mother, but in all her method was much like Rallon's, and he began to realize what it was. Rallon would likely never physically punish his children, not because he was afraid to or because he might hurt them, but because like everyone else in Rallon's life, disappointing him broke the offender's own heart. Fisher could speak to that. Rallon was establishing himself and Rose as the ultimate measure for his child, just as Tia was Fisher and herself for David, and he marveled at the cleverness of it.

What child could bear to see those eyes, so loving and open, hurt by one's own actions? Fisher knew Rallon would not be above physical punishment as needed, he had proven that with his sisters time and again, but he preferred deep lessons, and allowing the punished to realize and regret their mistakes organically.

Fisher chuckled. "You are a wonder my lord."

Rallon smiled. "As are you Captain. You will join me for the hunt today."

Fisher blinked. "I will?"

"You will. Much as I adore my daughter, and you your son, we both could use some time away from people. And I need a sure shot beside me. Robin will not be joining us however. It seems he does not feel well."

The green clad outlaw had matched drinks with Silas the tanner the night before, and the man was known for drinking any one under the table. Tony himself had lamented about losing ten crowns on the match, certain that Silas would lose as he had already beaten five others earlier.

Fisher nodded. "I am at your service my Lord. If you teach me how to hold David's gaze like that."

Rallon smiled. "Easy enough. First you have to instill in yourself that nothing can shake your resolve. No matter the noise, no matter what happens. Firm as steel."

Fisher moved closer watching Rallon's face. It was open and friendly, yet truly it was set and unshakeable. Alyssa was watching her father's face again, suddenly quiet, though she had been laughing and squealing a moment before.

"Then you make them look at you. Not with words. But with steady unwavering gaze. It's undeniable. But not angry. Anger scares. Just soft friendly eyes, seeking answers." His eyes, able to be so cold, were bright and warm, dancing at his daughter. Alyssa squealed and clapped her hands.

Fisher nodded. Rallon continued. "And you do not speak. you certainly do not yell, or pinch or poke. You aid them as best you can and ensure they are not in pain, making you their ally. Hold them the way they prefer to be held by you. Then you wait."

Alyssa clearly didn't know what was going on but her daddy was still smiling at her and she clapped again, delighted at the attention.

"When you have their attention you speak calmly and smoothly so you don't frighten or upset them, and you keep talking until they have relaxed and calmed down and are laughing. Always end with a laugh."

Fisher nodded as Alyssa gurgled happily clapping. "Where did you learn that my lord?"

"My father."

Fisher blinked. "He did such a thing?"

Rallon nodded. "He didn't like the babies screaming, but he knew yelling back or hurting them would do no good. He fired a maid who tied my diaper wrong and refused to fix it. I watched him do it with my brothers and the sisters i met. Even worked on Gregory. It's not about matching wills with them, but about showing them that you are on their side. Which of course you always are."

Fisher cocked his head. "What if David should do something wrong and be well aware of it?"

"Would he cease being your son? Would you ever stop loving him? I can tell you for certain that my parent's still love my brothers. So do I. so do my sisters. That is part of being family. A parent. A brother. A sister. No matter what horrors may happen you still love your family. You hate the act, not the person. Yes the deed is wrong, and the doer must be punished, but does that mean you love them any less? No. You are his father. Even if you cannot support the action, you must ALWAYS support the child. You can never not be there for them. Only death allows your absence. That is the true test of parenthood. You did the deed and had the child. Now you have to be there every time that child needs you. If you cannot you are not worthy of being a father. But you are Fisher. You are and you will be. You are a good man, a good husband, and a good father. And a good friend."

Fisher smiled. "You are most kind my lord."

Rallon smiled and took Fisher's hand and poked Alyssa's tummy with it. She squealed in delight once again clapping at his hand. Rallon chuckled and nodded toward the dining room. "Shall we?"

Fisher pushed open the door. Rallon returned to his seat and sat Alyssa up before his plate on a small pillow, letting her back rest against a monstrous milk jug, and while he ate he teased her with his fingers or his food. She continued to gurgle and squeal happily, quite enjoying the new position, though he would sometimes frustrate her by ensuring nothing she could lift or knock over was within her reach. Still he kept her busy trying to keep him from tickling her, while he cleared four full plates, gave orders regarding the market, the castle, ensured his wife ate, broke up five fights amongst the ladies, discussed the economy of York with Her Majesty, traded child raising theory with Tia in Arabic, signed more than hundred documents, fed both Cynthia and Tuchesi off his plate, and delivered no fewer than a round thirty kisses to his beloved Rose throughout the meal.

Alyssa was her normal jolly self by the time for the actual presentation, though she clearly still hated the dress, she was calm and ready to attend, though she made it clear she would only be held by her parents. The girls were somewhat hurt by this but Rallon just smiled. "My dears you just don't have the special touch. We're her parents."

Only Isabella seemed aware of the distinction.

Rallon first gave Alyssa a small strange little item to suck on, then handed the baby to his bride with another kiss, then stepped out to check in and welcome the ladies, while Her Majesty joined Rose and Tia, who was also expected to attend with her only snoozing David.

The Queen gave an rather stern nod at Rallon's back. "I have never met such a strange yet wonderful man in my life. And so much energy. How did the two of you meet again Rose? And how did you land him?" The Queen had become rather morose of late, though she smiled seeing her god daughter. It was well known her marriage was loveless, which was no surprise as she, like the people, had not seen the king in some years. Richard might have the heart of lion, but he did not hold his queen's anymore, if he ever truly did.

She reached in and brushed some of Alyssa's hair back, then tapped the device as Alyssa sucked on it happily, then noticed that David had one as well. "What are these?"

Tia answered. "We call them soothers. They are made of tightly sewn well cleansed cloth and filled with a soft syrup. Keeps the babies from crying and happy because of the taste."

The Queen nodded. "Rallon's invention?"

Tia shook her head. "No Your Grace. Nor mine. My people have used sugar rags, and other such things to do the same job. It is sometimes required that a child be stilled, and of course when a baby cries he or she tires out quicker, but often gives themselves pains. This prevents that as surely as suckling would, but without filling the tummy or causing pain to the mother."

Tia had complained to Rose about being too top heavy now. She had experienced a massive swelling to her chest, and they ached badly when full, and had been heard shrilly berating servant boys who had been ogling her. Fisher of course simply did what he could to sooth his bride, and carefully made no jokes or playful remarks about them, though David quite enjoyed them, the large infant demanded suck at least twice as often as did Alyssa.

The Queen carefully said nothing, nor did she look at either mother's swollen chest, but soft smile could not be missed. She then questioned Tia about David's size, as she was certain the boy was already three times as big as when he had bee born.

Tia assured her the growth was not that rapid, but the boy had already grown a full half inch in only three days, and was much heavier, though he was not growing chubbier. Tia was actually somewhat worried about this, but the boy was strong and healthy, and he ate greedily at every opportunity.

"I just hope he learns to walk quickly. If he keeps growing this fast he'll outweigh me before he's Thea's age."

The Queen laughed. "What a sight. David son of Sir Fisher and Lady Tia." She smiled down at the still sleeping boy, then turned to Rose and Alyssa again. "I wonder why she eats the less but has more energy. Look at those bright eyes."

Alyssa watched the woman closely, still happily sucking on her soother, her eyes indeed bright and happy. The syrup was sweet but thinned with milk to avoid a sugar rush or headache, and Alyssa was just as happy as she could be snuggled in her mother's arms.

Rallon reentered the room and bowed to the ladies. First his sisters and cousins entered to much ado, then Marian, Tony had arrived and was lead in, still rather wobbly but able to blow kisses at the Queen, Tia, and Rose, and the bambinos. Alyssa clapped at him, and the Queen smiling, blushing ever so slightly.

Then Her Majesty was announced, and she entered gracefully as ever. Tia and Fisher went next, and poor David stirred then grunted and went back to sleep at all the noise.

Rallon gently pressed his hand to Rose's back and lead her into the room and to her chair, which he stood behind as the Ladies of York oohed and ahhed over Alyssa, who smiled and gurgled at all the attention, though she was a bit overwhelmed by all the noise and people.

Cynthia and Tuchesi formed a wall with their bodies so no one would touch either newborn or get to close, though they both feigned sleep to assuage the worries over the monster wolves. Of course most of the women had brought their own younger children, many of whom wanted to pet and play with the wolves.

Tuchesi and Cynthia waited until the crowd had settled enough they could be sure the babies would not be bothered, David still sleeping, and Alyssa now nervously clutching her mother in her tiny fists, lead the children outside to play, under the 'guard' of Thea, whom they both obeyed perfectly.

The Queen noted this and cast a smirk at Rallon who smiled back innocently and gave a shadow of a wink. he did so love to turn people's fears and concerns on their heads. The great wolves under the command of a girl who had not yet seen her 5th birthday. Even this silly creatures could not claim mad wildness in the wolves upon seeing that.

She did enjoy the fact that no matter how they pleaded, begged, or tried to bribe the wolves though, not one of the other children could get them to so much as look at them. Cynthia and Tuchesi handled being touched too much easily. They simply slithered or leapt away until the children were tired out, careful to not even brush one with the pads of their paws, then danced away enticing the children on with the game and preventing harm. They were under strict orders to behave and see no harm came to the children, but more importantly to themselves. Rallon had warned each child that he would expect payment in kind if either wolf was pained in anyway.

So though the children petted and examined fangs and claws and paws, especially the massive Tuchesi's, they did not pull ears, tails, or fur, and they did not subject the wolves to the normal games of children with animals. Even they realized that though trained and well behaved, both of these creatures were killers.

Rallon also knew he had caused a small problem for the ladies in question, because before the visit was over, each one of the children had gone to their mother and begged for a dog like Cynthia and Tuchesi. Even the most foolish knew Rallon would never part with either, and though many tried to speak about buying the puppies, Rallon made it clear that he was not open to any offers at this time. He didn't mention that it was up to Cynthia who would receive one of her precious pups, though he would certainly ask if he thought the pup would be well treated, nor did he mention that this was his own small, admittedly petty, revenge on them for causing his family discomfort, especially his daughter in that ridiculous dress.

He did breath a silent prayer to the Holy Mother, and asked her to speak to his own mother for forgiveness but he had decided that the dress an the others were going to come up missing before the next event, and Alyssa would have something appropriate but comfortable to wear, as would all his children.

Naturally, Rose was hesitant to eat her food when their dear daughter was in so much distress.

Rallon stood up before Rose had the chance and she watched two of her beloveds walked out of the dining hall. At first Rose wanted to join him, but Cynthia watched her mother and when Rose noticed she smiled and pressed a kiss to her canine daughter's head before she began to eat.

Rose took her time with the food and when Rallon joined her, along with their youngest daughter she smiled. She could hardly take her eyes off of the girl and her playful demeanor. Rallon had done wonders with the girl and had the patience of a saint. Then again there was no doubt that Alyssa absolutely loved her father.

When it was time for the presentation she held her daughter and enjoyed a sweet kiss with the man who held her heart. Rose listened as Tia explained to the Queen about the soothing devices that both children had been given. Rose laughed softly which made Alyssa light up and reach for her mother.

"I'm surprised they have time to hurt with how often David eats." It was true. David did eat more and Alyssa ate less, but children differed in various ways. "I'm not sure as to why she eats less, but she has her father's energy. I have a feeling they will be crawling in no time. When they starting walking were are sure to have our hands full." It made her worry just thinking about having to chase both her and Cynthia down. Partners in crime.

Rose silently dared the ladies attending to question why their children were allowed to play with the wolves, but today was not their day. No many gifts were brought. The villagers were kind in their sweet offerings and Rose was touched. Another pie for Rose herself from the baker. The seamstress brought four little outfits. Two for Alyssa and two for David. They were clearly made with comfort in mind because they were far from the frilly things that Alyssa was wearing.

Many openly noted the baby girl's features and who they thought they resembled the most. Thankfully a deadline was set for the even and the room was cleared with many thanks. By now Alyssa was hungry once more and due for a change and a nap. Rose was assisted out of her chair and stole a loving kiss from her husband for all to see. "You have some hunting to see too sir and you've hogged our daughter enough for this morning. My turn. Have fun and be careful. All of you."

With one more parting kiss she walked to her bed chambers and fed the Little Lady Granger once more and cleaned her up, stripping her out of that ridiculous dress and into one of her new ones which was far more breathable and loose. Alyssa loved her new attire and was fighting the grip of sleep. Rose left for the garden and sat in a wooden rocking chair that she had requested be placed there. She sat and rocked with the breeze and the rustling leaves along with Rose's voice as she sung softly, rocking their little one to sleep for a nap.

The little struggle put on to resist the throws of sleep was adorable, but Alyssa ended up losing in the end, for her own well being. The girls had their studies to tend to and Rose had a moment to relax with her daughter before heading to her own office to sign some papers. In her office there was a mini crib where she laid the slumbering child. Rose tried to get work done, but could not help but think of her husband. How she missed him so much. Not from being apart, but missed the intimate moments they had with one another in private. How he caused her to writhe in the best of ways.

She felt so guilty, thinking such things while she was suppose to be getting work done.

As if summoned, her own clerks entered the room with a pile of more papers to sign, and though they were carefully quiet to not disturb Lady Alyssa, they made it clear these items were in great demand.

Rallon had stolen away most of Rose's responsibilities so she could rest and recuperate, and have time with Alyssa, but the Lady of York had always been the people's most beloved noble, and now as she was the noble of the land they bestowed even more upon her. More gifts poured in, as well as letters of congratulations, more marriage requests, even money, and promises to attend this function in York, or invitations to this function in everywhere from Berlin to Edinburgh. The Scots themselves adored Rose and Rallon, who refused to allow their subjugation, and had helped establish numerous successful markets throughout the north, and openly allowed them to come to sell and buy in York itself, often infuriating his fellow nobles, but earning his city a pretty penny, and the gratitude and respect of the Scots, who he considered especially dangerous warriors he wanted on his side.

In addition to all this, there were also the finances of the manor itself, the reports on her family's lands, and the orders for both. Being her father's heir she also had to handle all family business there. The clerks had everything sorted, and her seal ready, and simply awaited her signature, the inkwells and quills waiting as well.

Out in the forest surrounding York, Rallon, Cynthia, Tuchesi, Fisher, and for a wonder Robin and Tony, were all standing over the carcass of a massive brown bear. It had been at least nine feet tall, and had to weigh at least nine hundred pounds. Rallon had gotten the kill as Fisher had only wounded it, Tony had had missed his good shot and only angered it, and Robin's arrow had been deflected by a gust of wind. The beast had charged right at Rallon roaring, while Rallon hurled the wolves away then dropped the beast right at his feet with a brilliant shot right through the brain.

Cynthia was furious with her father for risking himself, but he refused to hear her complaints. "If i let you get hurt your mother would flay me alive."

Of course Rose would also furious that he had taken such a chance, but that would like be tempered when he told her that the only reason he had been in the ravine the bear had cornered him in was because the peasant who had been leading them to the cave had been paid by John to see Rallon brought to harm. The peasant had fallen under the brute's jaws and and sent it into a blood rage. And the bear had been mad, it's lips flecked with foam.

Tuchesi sniffed the beast, then raised his leg and pissed on it.

Rallon nodded and whistled for the servants who brought forth pitch and oil, coated the bear with it, and then once everyone was well away, he set it aflame, everyone standing up wind until the fire died out. The fat melted away, popping, the fur singing until gone, and the meat was slowly consumed, more and more oil and pitch thrown on until only the bones remained. While they had waited large pit had been dug, and using a small pine as a broom, they swept the remains into the pit, covered it with pitch yet again, then filled it in.

They were circling back toward home, Rallon wondering if other creatures had gone mad, when a howl made them all freeze. it was not Cynthia clear note, nor Tuchesi's deep thrum, but instead the howl of a truly wild wolf, joined by others. The group scattered, the servants hiding in the cleared bear cave, brandishing their spears, while the hunters and friendly wolves waited.

Then down the ravine came the pack. several dozen of the beasts. They were not mad, but they were rail thin, and clearly desperately hungry, the smell of blood and meat too much for them. Rallon whistled and he, Tony, Fisher, and Robin began to fire as did the bow armed servants, while the others threw the bait out into the pack, which set them fighting amongst themselves, halting their advance. Still the archers fired. Finally the bodies were stacked so high the survivors, only seven of them, tried to flee. Robin took two, Fisher two, Tony tried for two and missed, killing one, and Rallon killed the last two, never letting his own wolves into the fray, knowing full well how badly they could be hurt by hunger mad wolves.

Cynthia and Tuchesi at first were annoyed, but now they were saddened and sickened as they joined their father in examining the dead. In all they had killed some fifty three of these sickly beasts. Rallon gestured to his servants and gave them the furs and what little meat and else they could sell for their time, sending Tony and Robin with them as both of them looked rather ill.

Finally it was Fisher, the wolves, and Rallon alone in the ravine. Rallon stood at the base, his boots deep in bloodied mud. The bodies were long since gone, but the other three sensed something in Rallon that needed venting, so they waited.

Finally Rallon spoke. "You know why i don't hunt for sport or meat Fisher?"

"I had assumed it was too fresh a reminder of your time away My Lord."

Rallon nodded. "Partly. But it's too easy. Killing."

He nodded at the running blood before and around him. "Stick a bit of metal and wood in a living creature and they die. Bear. Wolf. Man. Doesn't matter."

Fisher said nothing.

"I'm good at it Fisher. One of the best in the Holy Land. Even my enemies agreed on that. On both sides."

Fisher nodded. Rallon chuckled. "And I enjoy my skills. i really do. And i really don' care about the lives I've taken. Even now after seeing one brought into the world. But it does seem so pointless doesn't it?"

He gestured at the blood. "Any one of those could have been Tuchesi. Or Cynthia. Or you. Or Alyssa. Or Rose. Just as dead, just as easily."

Fisher nodded again as Cynthia whined. Rallon smiled. "Don't worry sweety. I'm not getting maudlin...I think. I just don't like hunting. I don't need it for food like you. And this wasn't hunting. We slaughtered those things."

Fisher realized why Rallon was so moved. "So this reminded you of a slaughter in the Holy Land?"

Rallon nodded. He had told Rose very little of his time away, namely because she had not seemed interested, not had she asked. He had hidden nothing from her of course, but he did not volunteer the information.

Nor did he now. Cynthia stood and walked to him and licked his hand. Somehow this triggered him. "Richard wanted Jerusalem. Badly. We could have had it. We came so close. But we didn't make it. And not because of some failure of the army. But politics. I was on the walls of Jerusalem Fisher. I stood on the mount where Christ died. We had it. We were there. But we gave it away to make the kings happy. The night of the retreat I was inside the city. i came upon this whore house several of the knights had used." The way he snarled the word knights let Fisher know that Rallon was offended by them being his 'brothers in arms.'

"They had raped and butchered every man, woman, and child in the neighborhood. For no reason. Not that one could justify such a thing, but it was so pointless. These were not warriors. Jerusalem gave no defense. They let us in. They were just people. And those bastards tore them apart, claiming God had commanded it. And the kings? They did nothing."

His voice was growl now, but it had an odd timbre to it. Fisher could not see Rallon's face, but Cynthia could. She whined and licked his hand again. He turned, revealing that why he was not crying, he was angry. "Richard is going to die Fisher."

Fisher gasped. "My lord. you-"

"I have nothing to do with it. I doubt anyone else will either. He's just a man who has to fight. Now he's in a cell, and still causing all the trouble he can. He's still the king, and I don't think he has ever even seen most of his own kingdom. Then we have John. A bastard who loves power. Either of them on the throne is trouble. People are going to die Fisher. good innocent people. As quick and easy as those wolves. And i won't have it Fisher. Not here. Let John play his games but my children, your children, the children of those men with us, will not be drawn into some stupid fight for a man we cannot trust."

Fisher nodded. "What are you going to do my lord?"

Rallon sighed. "Go home. Wash. Snuggle with my wife and children. And think."

Fisher nodded.

They returned home and did indeed wash, Rallon soaking in the tub, the wolves laying with their heads hanging out the side of the tub, their eyes closed as the hot water soothed them

Rose had pretty much barricaded herself in her studies to tend to the seemingly endless mountain of paperwork. Little Alyssa was fed multiple times and Rose even insisted Her Majesty spend some time with the little one as a favor. One easily accepted as Alyssa seemed to be in a very playful mood when she was not sleeping.

"She has that same energy as her father. The girl is a miraculous wonder, as is your entire family." Rose's eyes remained on her work but her smile was clear as day. Little Miss Fussy had her moments, but it was only her way of saying that she was either tired of hungry.

The Queen retired for the time being to indulge in the sights of York, leaving Alyssa sleeping by her mother once more.Rose knew her husband all too well and while she was disappointed that she could not draw the bath herself, she asked that one be prepared as soon as he was seen returning back home.

Her quill was set aside and she covered her face with both hands with a small groan before revealing her face once more. "My eyes can hardly focus anymore." She felt bad for having not touched the tray of foods brought to her by Thea. She stuck a cube of cheese past her lips and stood up from her chair. Only now was she realizing how sore her bottom had grown from sitting for so long.The amount of work that she had gotten done was quite the achievement, though her work was never done, she planned on continuing tomorrow.

She walked over to the crib and looked down upon the slumbering sight of her daughter. That soft hair atop her small head and those soft pink lips, she was adorable. With great ease she picked her up and nestled the slumbering one in her arms before heading to her bed chambers. Alyssa was laid to rest in her crib and Rose peeked in on her husband enjoying his bath.

"Rough time?" She casually asked before walking in and pressing a kiss to the top of his head before petting her daughter and son in law who seemed to be enjoying themselves rather well. Rose walked over to a nearby shelf and opened to jar to spread a bit of cream on her hands. It had a penetrating soothing effect that helped her fingers ease up after so much writing and signing.

A knock at their bed chamber doors and Rose answered it, took a peek at her slumbering daughter, before returning to Rallon with a tray of food for her family that she set beside the tub upon a small stool. Rose plucked a grape and popped it past her lips before she left her husband to relax and intended to head back to the room and toss herself across the cozy confines of her bed.

Rallon reached out and caught his bride's hand and kissed it. "Very rough."

He opened her hand and kissed the palm, the pressed it to his face, sighing as he nuzzled, then he let her go lay down, smiling as he watched her go.

His rather morose mood passed just being around her. He still wondered at how easily death had become his domain, and could not help wondering what his parents would think of that. His mother has wanted him to be a simple country lord as so many assumed his father had been. His father had wanted him to be a true knight, a servant of the people, protector of right and justice. Rallon himself had only wanted one thing for his future. And now she was laying on their bed, looking simply delicious.

As if reading his mind Cynthia growled. he splashed her and sighed. "Well I can't help it that your mother is not only the most beautiful and wonderful woman ever, but also the sexiest."

Cynthia huffed, not impressed with this argument.

Rallon flicked water at her. "you're lucky she likes you. Other wise Alyssa would have a wolf pelt for a blanket."

Neither Tuchesi nor Cynthia were impressed by this old threat, and both of them yawned to spite him. He splashed them and Cynthia smiled at him happily.

Rallon chuckled, then groaned as he stood from the tub, dried himself, then waited while the wolves went into their covered cages and shook themselves, then allowed him to help them dry off fully before going over to the bed and laying around Rose.

Rallon checked on the baby, smiled upon seeing her still sleeping, pressed a kiss to her temple, then nude, locked the bedroom door and went to join his bride, eating some meat, fruit, and cheese as he passed the tray, and tossing the wolves some as well.

He crawled atop his bride and began kissing her neck, ignoring Cynthia's warning growls, while his hands were busy supporting his weight. He then kissed her jaw down to her chin and up to her lips, stealing away her breath, then he rolled off her, his arousal standing straight in the air, and sighed. "Do you think we can last two months?"

Rose's eyes opened to the sight of her handsome husband looming over her and his lips pressed to her neck. She could not help but pur with arousal and the feeling. The soft slender fingers of one hand raked their way through his locks as his lips ventures down her jaw where she thoroughly enjoyed his lips.

When he rolled off of her she turned on her side and rest her head upon his shoulder where he could wrap his arm around her and she rest a hand upon his toned chest. Her eyes looked down at his obvious arousal and she could do nothing but groan.

The fingers removed themselves from his chest and trailed down to his well engorged length. "Two months? Oh I can hardly stand the wait, Rallon." The want in her voice was clear, but she was told to wait at least two weeks after giving birth. There's no reason why both of us should have to wait..." She silently offered.

Rose would be more than excited to see her husband enjoy himself, especially since it did more from her than anyone may realize. To run her tongue along his length, the thought alone was mere torture, but she knew Rallon and how he may reply to her suggestion as she retrieved her hand and rest it back upon his chest.

He sighed. "My mother's orders, enhanced by her daughters, your friends, our Queen, your daughters, Tia, and many others. They tell me that before then i risk harming you permanently, including preventing you from bearing more beauties such as our Alyssa. And my mother made me promise I would abide her wishes, and the people named have all given orders, and in most cases retrieved the same promise from me."

He took her hand from his chest and kissed it. "I cannot break my word my love. But it is not suffering. Not when I have you with me. I also vowed that I should take pleasure with you or not at all. When the time comes we shall have each other as we wish. Until then we but moisten the anticipation. Surely if we could abide my time away we can hold two months to ensure your safety can we not?"

He drew her lips into a kiss and smiled as he nipped the tip of her nose. "Besides if you get me started I will not stop. You know how i crave your perfection my love. Were you any more beautiful or enticing I fear Helen of Troy would fade into nothing in the war men would fight for your favor. I still marvel that I have won your heart. And I am ever so grateful."

He kissed her again, then bit her upper lips softly growling before releasing it. "So we shall wait my love. And likely entice and drive each other mad. But by then dear Cynthia should be ready to deliver her own brood. We can use her as both our chaperone and our timer."

Cynthia cocked her head at this and Rallon smirked poking her wet nose. "When she is delivered of her pups, lest she be late, you and I shall take our time away for each other. By then Alyssa should be sleeping more as well, and will be able to survive without us for the period required for us to..." His hand, formerly under her shoulder and on her back began to creep down her spine, where he gently fondled her pert rump, and Cynthia growled again, though he ignored her this time. "become reacquainted."

He stroked the skin beneath his hands, then gave another longing squeeze, then moved his hand back up. "Though i must admit it will be a trial. Fortunately i am merely denied access to your sex. not to you or your body. That I could not abide." He kissed her again. "And being denied these lips would induce riot within me nothing save their return could still."

His eyes glowed as he studied her face, bright and happy. He loved this woman so very much. She owned him body, mind, and soul, and should this be slavery, he would gladly serve her for all eternity. he kissed her again smiling. "Adore and love you with all i am Rose."

Rose knew the answer, but his words was just so sweet, that she could not help but smile even as her offer was turned down. His words were far better than any 'I love you' ever uttered. She couldn't help but laugh softly when her fondled her backside, much to their eldest daughter's disapproval.

"A trial is putting it lightly." She enjoyed his kiss, which was just as enticing as the rest of his body. Her hand left his check and caressed at his law line as her eyes admired the look of the man that held her heart in his very capable hands. "As I love you, my loving husband. I'll behave myself and simply drown myself in kisses when the urge arises." She enjoyed one more kiss from his lips and snuggled up to him all the more.

There was no man like Rallon, anywhere. He was raw, original, and all hers. No man held such unfaltering dedication for one woman to the point of putting her on a pedestal for all too see, no matter what judgement may come his way. Rallon Granger was a rare breed and it made what Amelia had told Rose, sink in even more. While it was interesting to think of what her husband would have been like had he never met her, she couldn't even imagine her life without Rallon.

Who would have stopped his brothers from being so nasty to her when they were kids? Who would have made her feel like such a princess when she was attending so many social gatherings? Who would have given her a single ray of hope when his brothers went and ran amok and Prince John tried to wed her. It was enough to bring a tear to her eye as she held onto her husband just slightly tighter, without realizing it.

She loved him dearly and were anything to ever happen it would rend her in two. It was a familiar fear that she had when he was gone for all those years. Her thoughts melded with dreams as she eventually fell asleep. The dreams were no more and relaxed, she was. Alyssa awoke her mother just before sunrise and though she was half asleep, Rose smiled before she could even open her eyes.

The Lady of York sat up, trying not to awaken her husband before sitting up against some cozy thick pillows and snagging her daughter from the cradle to be fed. Rose soothed the little one with soft words as Alyssa got her fill. Rose slipped herself out of bed, managed to dawn a robed with one hand available and changed their daughter before rocking her to sleep once more and laying her down.

Slender fingers raked through her tousled locks as she decided to go up to the garden as opposed to going back to bed. With her robe tied off and her slippers on she went up to enjoy the sunrise. Rose sat upon the cozy sofa and enjoyed herself in silence.

Rallon watched her, then went up after her, leaving the wolves to watch the baby.

He pressed his lips to Rose's neck as he began to rub her shoulders. "Darling i am touched that you always try not to wake me but I am afraid that will be impossible. I'm simply too light a sleeper. And now that I am used to having you when i do sleep, losing you, even just to get up, immediately pulls me from slumber."

She worked his hands down over her back, knowing that her swollen chest would cause pains in odd places, though those he could not help. So his hands worked her sides and spine, rubbing away all stress, knots, and strain, while his lips traveled over her neck and shoulders.

"Truly a beautiful morning." He truly had no idea what the weather was like. he held his world in his arms and so long as she breathed in peace and happiness life was good for Rallon Granger.

Rose smiled feeling her husband's presence before she even felt him. Such a sweet kiss and those fingers seemed to know just where her problem spots were. "I know, my love and I love you for it, but I can't help but try."

Rose hummed her approval as his hands continued their ministrations upon her back and sides and his lips peppered kisses upon the curve of her neck. Rose couldn't agree more. It was a beautiful morning and the sunrise only made things all the more sweeter.

Rose turned on the spot and seized those lips that she could never get enough of. "Thank you, Rallon." There were too many things to thank him for. She had no idea where to begin. For their darling daughter, for his affection, for caring, for being their for her.

Slender fingers laced themselves with those of her husbands before she silently walked him back inside of their room. Cynthia and Alyssa appeared to be having a conversation through the bars of her crib. It was one of the most adorable sights to walk in on.

Alyssa squealed seeing her parents, and Rallon nudged his bride indicating the male wolf on the bed. He had wriggled over onto the spot they had recently departed, and lay on his back, feet in the air, soundly asleep with his tongue lolling out.

Rallon smirked and went to greet his daughters, poking Cynthia's hip with his toe as he bent to kiss the happily squealing Alyssa. "Your husband is a lazy brute."

Cynthia huffed then went to greet her mother with a kiss, her own eyes aglow with the spark of motherhood. It was still too early to be sure, but Cynthia knew. She was going to be a mommy.

Rose hugged Cynthia with all her might and kissed her back with a smile. "My lovely lady, you're choice in men is just as good as mine, so pay him no mind." She did find the sight of Tuchesi rather adorable.

Rose went to her closet and pulled out a gown, wanting to be dressed before picking up her beloved Alyssa."Having fun with your big sister, little one?" She asked her little bundle of joy. A tiny hand reached up and those mesmerizing eyes shined.

"We have more paperwork to do today, after we eat, and then we have a play date with David..." Rose spoke of her tasks for the day since their little one would be with her for most of it. Rose refused to let someone else raise her daughter, so she was not hearing anything about a nanny.

Rallon chuckled watching her as he lay beside Tuchesi and used the wolf's broad chest as a slide, holding her up as she slid down onto a pillow over Tuchesi's lower legs.

The child began to scream with delighted laughter at the game, and Tuchesi just yawned and remained in place, finding the affect surprisingly comfortable. Cynthia came and leaned against her father's back, her jaw on his shoulder watching as the baby was slid down, then drawn back up to slide down again.

Alyssa was having a grand time with it, and as she slid down again she searched for her mother and upon seeing her squealed loudly for her mother to see and watch.

Rallon smiled and tickled her repeating the process. Cynthia barked her tail wagging as Alyssa went down and flopped face first into the pillow, which only made her squeal in delight yet again.

Her child found laughter in the silliest places and shared a humor identical to her father. Rose watched the adorable sight and waved to the little one when Alyssa looked to her mother.

Rose had gotten dressed and ran an ivory comb through her locks. Rallon was an amazing father. There was no denying it.

She intervened for a moment and pressed a kiss to Rallon's lips and another from her youngest daughter's cheek which earned Rose another squeal of delight.

A knock sounded upon the door and Rose took it, to leave her family to their peaceful moment. A servant stood there with a letter for Rose. The young girl immediately handed it to her before Rose thanked her and closed the door.

She popped the unfamiliar wax seal and opened up the message. Emerald eyes ventured over every word and she was quite surprised. "You are... wanted in Scotland, by your family? Of all the times? Now?" The message was so vague that Rose wasn't sure what to make of it. Emergency? A request for a simple visit?

Rallon arched an eyebrow. "Who wants us to visit where in Scotland?"

He studied her face carefully, still playing with the happily gurgling and squealing Alyssa. Cynthia also watched her mother, also nervous and concerned about her mother's reaction to the message.

Outside Tony was bouncing along chattering with Tia while he held young David, trying to teach the boy Italian, ignoring the fact that the child was sleeping.

Amelia and her sisters were in the garden going over combat lessons. Today Rallon was to test them on their retention, and help alter their individual styles if they had suitably mastered the basics.

Rose was just as confused as her husband. She looked upon the back of the parchment and it was blank. With a heavy sigh of defeat she placed the message aside. "Honestly? I've no idea. If it is from your family in scotland, then they aren't fond of detail in their messages." Just the very mention of a trip almost gave her a headache.

The mere thought was washed away upon hearing their daughter's laughter. "How about we join your sister's in the garden and get some fresh air. No doubt they're waiting for you." She said to her dear husband as she caressed at Cynthia's coat before pressing a kiss to her eldest daughter's head.

Cynthia joined her mother, ready to go and Alyssa seemed willing to go wherever her father and Tuchesi went.

Rallon grunted and stood, making the baby hang upside down for a moment, a new game she thought so fun.

She squealed and reached out for her mother, smiling wide and happy. He flew the child over into her mother's arm, swiping the message and sniffing it, then shrugged and lay it down as he scooped up his wife and daughter and carried them out to the garden, delivering several kisses along the way, then he put her in the large two person swing under the largest tree, where the breeze would reach them both, but the sun would also warm them.

Cynthia took the seat beside her mother while Tuchesi followed Rallon toward the girls. He didn't like the swing, though Rallon certain it was because the male wolf never got to sit in it. Tuchesi stopped halfway between his Mistress, mate, and his master and lay down where he could watch both simply by turning his head.

Rallon kicked off his shoes, peeled off his shirt, then fell to stretching while his practice weapons rack was brought out, calling out instruction to his sisters.

Once this was done they began. As always he demanded utter perfection, and made them pay for each failure with pain and repetition until they had learned and repaired the mistake. Still though this happened frequently, the girls were clearly doing well, and one by one they were allowed to change to weapons more suitable to their wants and style, and Rallon began instruction. Amelia for instance was a dagger and throwing blade expert, so Rallon had gotten her fighting knives, and a number of wraps each filled with throwing knives and discs of every size and shape. Little Thea had chosen and proven able to wield a massive claymore. Rallon still didn't know why she wanted the largest sword, which was a full taller than her despite being a miniature one, but she enjoyed it and she had worked hard and proven to her sisters and now he brother that she was indeed skilled with the monster blade.

She didn't get a new weapon, in fact he added more weight to her current one, but he did begin to show her the advanced methods of swordplay with the mighty long sword, though despite the weight the smallest Granger was able to use the great beast with the same lightness of Alma's rapier.

He was so impressed he had the two spare and Alma soon found trouble as while she had the height and weight, Thea was incredibly strong and even quicker, and the rapier was useless for blocking the great hammer like blows of the claymore, but Thea could also slash and quick stab just like the rapier, far too quickly for Alma to do aught but dodge and leap away.

Alma was getting tired sand sweaty running from her baby sister, and was a bit annoyed when Thea suddenly rushed her, flung a slash at her face, then dove into her sister's legs and threw Alma to the ground the blade at Alma's throat.

Rallon and the others cheered and Thea whooped in pride, then helped her sister up. Rallon entered the ring and gave them both a hug and kiss, though he crushed Thea a bit harder in his pride.

Thea seemed to have her blood up though as once he set her down she raised the sword and poked him with it. "Your turn."

He arched an eyebrow but shrugged and gestured at his page. "Two rapiers."

Thea cocked her head. She had just beaten a Rallon confirmed rapier expert. What was he going to do different?

The match began, with Amelia and Alma refereeing, the others watching closely. Cynthia barked for her father and Alyssa squealed, actually having been watched everything closely, squealing at her Daddy when he would face her and smile. She couldn't communicate it yet but she wanted to play the game too.

Thea held her guard high, her height giving her the greatest advantage for battle as she could not be reached without coming into range of her weapon. Rallon smiled and twirled his blades until he held them into a reverse grip, and Thea shifted back flourishing her blade into a higher guard, then went still studying her brother.

Rallon smiled even wider and kicked at the dirt. She shifted away ducking her head then blinked when she realized he had not kicked up a dust cloud, nor rushed her. Instead he had leapt fully over her, and now held one rapier to the back of her neck, while the other was against her throat.

"You cheated!"

He chuckled. "War is deception dearest sister."

The girls agreed but also called for a true test. he laughed and agreed.

Thea rushed him this time, bringing her blade down in a brutal chop. Rallon brought his arm up and let the blade slide down the length of his blade flats, straightened his arm and disarmed her, crossing them over her neck. She groaned but nodded. "i overextended."

He nodded as well and returned the blade. "Practice more my loves."

he went over to the swing. Cynthia smiled up at him, then growled as he sat on her when she wouldn't move. She slithered onto his lap and refused to move. He chuckled rubbing her ribs while he tickled Alyssa in her mother's arms.

Rose held their little one and what caught off guard when her husband scooped her up into his arms. Both Rose and Alyssa found their selves laughing at one point and how could she not give a kiss to the man who had swept her off her feet, both physically and figuratively.

When rather enjoyed the swing an while she knew both of her daughter's did as well, it seemed a rather good method for getting a certain little girl to fall asleep when she wasn't having so much fun.

Rose wasn't sure if their little one merely enjoyed the sensation to fly, but when she was held up on the air she got the biggest toothless smile and the most adorable laugh. "Baby David is going to have his hands full with you, just like Tuchesi has his hands with your big sister."

Rose sat Alyssa in her lap and continued on the swing , the two watching the girls and Rallon as he went about their training. Rose was silently in awe of the girls. They had improved greatly, but many others would be down right shocked. For girls, Lady's, no less to be so well versed in the ways of combat.

Rose silently laughed to herself. The men vying for these girl's hearts certainly had their work cut out of them. Jessica and Lilah were doing splendid and Rose loved to tease that they had better start more wedding preparations as the girls were finding suitors left and right.

Green eyes looked down at their daughter, grateful that they had quite a ways to go before their littlest one was to go through such things. Rose heard laughter and noticed Jessica and Lilah walking with the Havish brothers and they seemed in their own little word on the second balcony walkway.

This peace was so nice and she laughed as Rallon sat on Cynthia before he spent some time with Alyssa. "You're going to scare off quite a few men with these girls." Rose teased.

Rallon shrugged. "You say this as if it is a bad thing my love." He rubbed Cynthia's neck and chest and she looked up at her daddy. He smiled. "We have to ensure we find the right mates for our girls. So far we are only sure of one."

He nodded toward Tuchesi, then tickled Alyssa again. "if I can find a suitable match for Alyssa who can match Tuchesi i will consider my fatherhood goals achieved."

He kissed the baby, then suddenly swiped her and began tickling her. She shrieked then giggled kicking and swatting at his hand, then gurgled as he stopped and kissed her. She hugged him rather clumsily and gurgled again as he blew onto her skin.

Her eyes, so like Rose's gleamed with the same light Rose's gave to the same man.

Rallon smiled, then sighed. "Well as much as i wish i could spend all day with my ladies, i have to go work." he kissed Alyssa, then Rose, and handed the baby over as he stood. Cynthia kissed her mother and sister, then Tuchesi said goodbye as well, then the trio went to the castle to get to work.

Rose couldn't stop smiling even if she wanted to. It would be funny if they had yet another girl, but she really wanted a boy.

She pressed a kiss to his lips as their daughter was passed off to her and her three loved ones walked off. "Don't ever do it, you three." She shouted as she watched their figures walking away.

Rose was absolutely smitten with baby David and the moment she heard him cry out, Rose took Alyssa into her arms and walked over to Tia and Tony. "Awww... handsome little man much be starving." Rose cooed as Alyssa seemed to be busy looking at Tony before she had finally made her judgement and laughed reaching out for the man.

"You have an admirer, sir." Rose smiled, relinquishing her daughter as Tia sated David's urges. The boy had one voracious appetite, and Rose knew he would be a big boy. The hue of his skin was something to be marveled and his soft tendrils atop his head were nice.

When he was done eating Rose wanted a piece of him, giving Tia's arms a rest. "Oh look at you, you adorable little man." She couldn't get enough of him and he didn't seem to mind Rose. His gaze was inquisitive and his touch was gentle especially compared to Alyssa'a who was grabbing at Tony's face with small fits of giggles.

Rallon smiled and waved back at his wife.

The people were even harder at work than usual, and Rallon soon had stripped down and joined them. While horses, oxen and other animals were vital, Rallon served as the most versatile hauling engine, as well as the most successful and able climber. He frequently hung new pulleys, then would usually serve to haul up the material, startling his people, solely by himself up to and including loads that had taken four other men to haul.

The outer wall was now truly taking full shape, with some sections now taller than Rallon. It was a good start.

While he worked Rallon had his clerks searching for answers about their rather odd morning message, beginning with Rose's family, then his own, determining whether either had written to Rose and/or Rallon.

Alyssa promptly reminded her mother that she was hungry as she showed off the power of her little lungs. Tony suggested that she become an opera singer and Rose laughed before giving the sleeping David a kiss on his chubby cheeks before Rose dismissed herself to her office where a pile of paperwork awaited.

With the doors closed she fed her little one. She sat upon the window sill bench with a nice breeze and a gorgeous view as she rocked the little one to a nice, much needed nap before laying Alyssa down in the crib by the window so that Rose could get on with her work.

She was excited to see the new proposals and donations for her charities. The school and home for the children was to reside in the old mansion of a nobleman who'd been stripped of his title and lands for unspeakable things. Ironically enough Rose could only recall his ugly face and his strong dislike of children.

Messengers were retrieved and she sent word to multiple people. many of thanks, some were requests for an audience to provide thanks in person. Others were requests and financial offers to workers who would get the home and school looking the way she wanted it to. It was to be a cozy and loving home for children of the village, and a especially for those with no home. The church offered the aid of some sisters and Rose remembered that she was to take a trip there for a special thank you.

In no time, Rose had a carriage drawn up, Alyssa dressed in one of her new comfy adorable dresses and a message to her husband as to where she would be going. It was a nice peaceful ride and Alyssa was enjoying looking out of the window at the new sights as her mother held her.

Back
Top Bottom