Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save a horse, ride a Cowboy (Charliesweb7 & pnw2013)

"I'd love a smoothie, I'll go ahead and make us both a glass." As unhealthy as his diet appeared superficially, he had a secret craving for fruit smoothies. It started when he was on the team, and he needed something to recharge after practice. He felt sick whenever he drank anything but water afterwards, until he tried a smoothie. From that point, he was addicted to making his own. He even went so far as to buy his own personal blender, one that had a removable pitcher that doubled as a sports bottle.

As he started slicing up a banana into the pitcher, he asked her, "What kjnd of smoothie do you want? We have bananas, strawberries, apples, and I'm pretty sure we have blueberries in the freezer. Go ahead and check what we have, and tell me what you want. I'm having a strawberry-banana combo."

Katherine loved smoothies. She sometimes would have a smoothie in the morning while running out the door. Or before practice if she was at her apartment. How could you not like smoothies? They were just so delicious! Of course, she was used to adding a protein powder that had a lot of vitamins and minerals. She generally liked feeding her body well. It explained why she was rather lean and she looked good. Whoever said your diet didn't matter was an idiot....did people actually say that?

"I more or less just add anything and throw it in there." She replied to him. She opened the freezer, looking around. There was some mixed frozen berries in there. Raspberry, blackberry, cherry and blueberries. She pulled out the bag, then smiling to him. "So you know how to make a smoothie!" She teased him, shutting the door with her hip and then laughing. He seemed like he didn't know his way around the kitchen much.

He poked her side with his elbow, "Of course I do! I used to drink one every day after football practice. Sometimes two. It was either smoothies or water, everything else would mess up my stomach." He dumped a handful of strawberries in the blender, poured about a cup of milk, and blended the mixture. After it was blended smoothly, he poured himself a glass and washed out the container. He then added the mixed berries for Katherine's smoothie. He asked her, "Do you want it mixed with milk or water? I always use milk, it gives a creamy texture to it."

Katherine smiled as he poked her side. She moved away slightly at that poke. Hopefully he didn't notice...but she was rather ticklish on her sides. She waited for him to blend up his smoothie, her going to get a little orange juice out of the fridge. She set it down onto the counter, then watching as he washed it and then added the berries in. "I usually add juice." She replied, shaking the carton and then pouring some juice into the blender. After taking the green tops off of a few strawberries and adding the rest of the banana he didn't used, she blended hers up. She poured it into a glass before washing out the blender. Surely he could dry it and put it away? While he did that, she put away the fruit, milk and juice. "Do you have straws?" She asked him. Straws were always a fun little touch to add. Plus, it was sure that she wouldn't spill on herself. Sometimes...that happened.

He was playfully offended, "Fine, be that way. Get your juice." He teased her as she prepared her own smoothie. After she washed out the pitcher, he placed it upside down on a clean tag he grabbed from a drawer. At that moment, the popcorn had finished popping, and he prepared both of them bowls of popcorn. It was his favorite kind as well: Unbelievable Butter. He placed the popcorn on the table in front of them, and grabbed a straw from the silverware drawer near the sink. "Here you go," he called, "hope you don't mind that it's a bendy straw." He had forgotten how he got the straw, or where he got it from.

"I will have my juice. And love it too." She teased him. She had noticed that the popcorn was called unbelievable butter, whatever that meant. Was that like the movie theater popcorn...and then people added butter to that. It was already buttery! Sometimes she wondered why people ate that stuff. And it was a wonder why people in America were obese. Unhealthy food was so much easier to get than healthy food. And cheaper. She looked at the straw he fished out, laughing a bit. "Aww no straw that is like glasses?" She teased. She did enjoy the bendy and loopy straw as well. She placed it into her smoothie, taking a drink. She got two napkins for them and picking up the large bowl of popcorn for them to share. She went into the living room, taking a seat onto the couch and grabbing a blanket. They kept their house nice and cool. Which was great from the heat. But now, she was a little chilly.

He cleaned up the area they were at in the kitchen, and went to sit by Katherine on the couch. He scooted his way next to her, hoping they could cuddle while watching the movie. He took a sip of his smoothie and pressed the play button on the remote control. He placed his arm on the back of the couch behind her, getting comfortable. It was cold in his house, and he was hoping she would share the blanket.

Katherine still didn't know if they were anything more serious than friends. Last night, they had kissed. And they danced and well...they went on a date. Now...nothing. Well they were working all day. But still, not the point. She assumed he liked her but she was a little big nervous to start anything. Would his parents accept that? She wasn't sent there to date the guy. She was sent there to learn a lesson. Besides, it would only be a summer fling. She would leave in a few months and she had a feeling he wouldn't join her.

She noticed that he sat closer, her moving and then their bodies touching. She moved the blanket, sharing it with him. So they could cuddle. It would be cute. As it started, she gently ate a piece of popcorn. She noticed how slippery it felt, rather oily....but it was delicious. Damn stupid butter. Why did it have to make everything taste so damn delicious?

As he crawled onto the couch, she moved the blanket to let him slide in. He got right up close to her, holding her next to him. As the movie played, he couldn't stop thinking about Katherine. How had he gone from assuming the worst about this girl who just came into his life, only now to want to spend all his time with her? He felt strangely attracted to her, he had never been this close to anyone before. Not even his closest friends. And now here she was, already meaning more to him than either of them could've imagined. Was he going too fast? Should he even bother? His father said she'd only be staying for the summer, then she would be gone. What would he do after she left? He didn't want to think about that, now that she was in his life he never wanted to consider the alternative.

He leaned his head on hers while the movie played. He actually enjoyed the movie. Which didn't come as much of a surprise to him. He was, after all, reading Pride and Prejudice.

Katherine looked to him as he rested his head on her shoulder. She only moved him away eventually when she set the bowl down and took a sip of her smoothie to finish it. Now that she was done, she pulled her legs onto the couch and then rested her head onto the arm of the couch next to him, effectively, she was lying across his lap. But they were still sharing the blanket. She smiled at the movie, just loving the character Ruby. By far her favorite. She was sassy and spoke her mind. It was hilarious. In this spot, he was able to play with her hair if he so wished. She couldn't believe that within a few weeks of living there, she had gotten used to farm work....and now was seriously liking the cowboy. Cliché much?

The movie had ended, and he was in love with it now. It was much funnier than he had anticipated. Katherine was laying across his lap at this point. He ran his fingers through her hair, looking sweetly into her eyes. He brushed his hand alongside hers, hoping she would hold it and their fingers would intertwine. He felt like he needed to change the movie, but he didn't want to leave the moment quite yet. He enjoyed having her in his arms. He was definitely falling for her, whether or not he felt he should.

Katherine didn't fall in love rather quickly. Did she like him? Of course. But Katherine was no where near love at all. She liked to let things develop. His hand went through her locks, her turning lightly to rest on her back and look up at him. She slipped off the arm of the couch, resting her head onto his lap. She smiled gently and lightly grabbed his hand. This was very nice. But what she would give to figure out what he was thinking about. Everything seemed so...cryptic at the moment. She was thinking about that kiss they had last night. It was nice but not nearly long enough to see if they had more sparks.

As Ben cradled her in his lap, the same question raced through his mind since they had shared the kiss. He had pondered it all night and day, and now seemed the perfect time to ask her. He knew how he felt, and was dying to know what she felt about it. Boldly, he asked her, "Remember our kiss yesterday? When we were on top of the Ferris wheel, and I told you that I'd keep you safe. I've been meaning to ask you something." He looked at her, locking eyes. Running his fingers through her hair and holding her hand tenderly gave him a newfound courage. "What did you feel when we kissed?" He asked her. "Was it...special?"

Her blue eyes trailed over his face, taking in the strong jaw line...the hint of stubble on his face. His hazel eyes, brown hair. He had a strong look about it...but it was also soft. It was rather hard to explain how he looked touch and innocent in the same package. Finally, he spoke. She nodded her head. "Yes I remember." She whispered. How could she not? It was only last night. It wasn't even 24 hours ago!

She felt her heart jump a little bit. Was he going to ask her out right there? Was he going to ask her to be his girlfriend. She swallowed and waited for the end of the question. "I really liked it." She replied. She nodded her head gently. "It was special. I....I liked it a lot." She replied. She obviously wasn't good at expressing herself at the moment. But hey, it was a short kiss! If they had a longer one, then maybe she could say more. She rose up to sitting, turning her body so that she was facing him now.

His heart skipped a beat when she replied. He looked down at her, her golden hair almost shining in the light. It perfectly framed her golden-brown skin and her athletic frame. Never before had he seen someone look so graceful, yet fit in his life. She was dedicated to her health, it was clear in everything she did. Butterflies were in his stomach, multiplying as the moments passed.

"Well," he spat out finally, "I was hoping...hoping that...well," he stammered. He blushed at his inability to form a coherent sentence. He took a deep breath, and with his eyes closed, trying hard to say the words, he spoke, "I want us to be more than friends. I want more of what happened yesterday. I want to be able to kiss you like I kissed you on the Ferris wheel. I want to make you smile, and laugh, and make me try new things even when I don't want to, and I want to make you glad that you came out here. I...I..." He could feel his hands shaking, he was never this scared before. "I want to be your boyfriend."

Since she had gotten more sun, her skin was a little more tan. However, she was still rather white. But her skin looked healthy. Not sickly pale like some people. She looked across to him, smiling. Did she need to speak? Or make the first move? But he finally spoke. And he seemed to be having trouble expressing himself at first. But then he rambled quickly, her smiling.

He finally asked her. And she felt a littler nervous. What was she supposed to say? She didn't want to turn him down! But she was afraid of what the future was for them. Either he would come with her when she left...or they would end it. The second option was nothing she wanted but she knew the first option isn't what he wanted. She couldn't just stay there. She needed to go back to college. She finally just leaned in, pressing her lips gently against his. This was a good option right?

He closed his eyes and sighed, incredibly relieved. He felt like a bumbling moron trying to tell her how he felt. He rested a hand on her cheek as he returned the kiss, readjusting his lips and continuing the kiss. He tugged gently at her bottom lip, growing more sensual in the embrace. He receded from the kiss, biting his own lips. He smiled broadly, "I'm just going to go ahead and say that's a yes." He teased. This kiss felt even better than yesterday's, in his mind.

The kiss got a little more heated this time as he rested his hand on her cheek, then tugging at her bottom lip. When he pulled away, she opened her eyes slowly. She bit down on her lower lip and then looked away. "We really need to talk about that though." She whispered. She inhaled a deep breath and then looked back to him. "I would love. I really like you Ben." She added. "But we need to talk about the future. I would hate for us to have a great relationship and really develop deep feelings....only for me to leave in a few months. Believe me, I really want to be with you...I just don't want the heart ache when I have to leave is all." She replied to him. She hated leaving that "for a later date" to decide. Because it wasn't going to be easier down the road. It would be even harder. She didn't want to make it sound like she didn't like him or didn't want to be with him either. She obviously wanted to...she was just afraid of what would happen later on.

His heart nearly stopped when she told him about not wanting to be heartbroken. He understood why she felt that way, but couldn't help feeling betrayed. Here he was, finally willing to really care for a girl, after everyone else he knew tried using him or tried to bring him down, and now she had to say no? Because she might be leaving? A lump grew in his throat.

"I understand," he said, almost depressingly, "you don't want to be brought up only to fall further. It's ok. I just want to know one thing: what do you want me to do? You know I'm not experienced with this sort of thing, I'm hoping you know what you want." He desperately hoped she did, because he had no idea what to say or do now. He wanted to tell her to cross that bridge when they got to it, but something inside him told him that would only make things worse, make her more upset.

Katherine looked down, grabbing his hands and holding them. She sighed and then looked to him. "I don't have any experience with this Ben." She replied. She had never liked some guy and then realized it would end in a few months. She inhaled a deep breath and slowly let it out before looking at him. Just by the look in his eyes, she knew he was hurt. And....why should she hurt him? They had a few months together. Maybe then he would consider moving with her? His brother would be at that college as well. Maybe he could find a job at a farm there? She smiled softly and then leaned in, giving him a deeper kiss. "I would love to be your girlfriend." She whispered, hoping he would just accept it and not question. Here was to hoping she could convince him to leave with her when she left.

Ben looked down to see Katherine holding his hands. He couldn't bear to hold his head up, even looking into her eyes nearly brought tears to his own. He wanted her to be happy with her decision, even if it meant breaking his heart. Just as he'd lost all hope for their relationship, she have him a deep kiss. He leaned into it, letting everything out if his mind except her. He beamed when she accepted his offer and became his girlfriend. "I couldn't ask for anything more." He told her, his voice filled with joy. He held her close, his head in her shoulder. He loved being this close to her, close enough to feel her heartbeat with his.

Good, he didn't question it. She slowly wrapped her arms around his back, closing her eyes for a moment. Now that that was decided...how to let his parents know? Maybe that was a decision for later... She kind of liked the idea of them sneaking around. It was thrilling and naughty. Besides, sneaking kisses before they got inside of down in the basement sounded good. She had a feeling they would soon be full on making out a lot. Katherine thought she was pretty good at that. She did wonder how far things would get with them. They were both virgins so maybe they would explore more than she thought? At least if they had sex it would mean something and they would be their firsts with each other. But that was not something to think about at the moment. That was later on down the road to think about.

He let go of Katherine and leaned in for a kiss. "So," he segued, "time for the next movie, I assume?" He stood up and removed Monster-In-Law from the DVD player. He then placed in another movie, Spaceballs. This was his favorite movie, he loved the sci-fi, the comedy, and the self-referencing. He made himself another bowl of popcorn and another smoothie before sitting back down on the couch with Katherine.

Katherine kissed him back and then nodded her head. "Unless you just wanted to spend more time kissing..." She replied to him. She cuddled up under the blanket again, waiting for him to get back. She was full now, not wanting anything else. When he came back, she shared the blanket again. When he was done with this popcorn, she draped her legs over his under the blanket. They were contrast against his hairy ones. Hers were smooth and supple, silken yet strong. Her legs were incredibly powerful and it showed with how toned they were. She had never had a thigh gap to begin with. Honestly, she didn't know for a long time that thighs didn't always touch. She kind of assumed they always did.

Katherine's comment made Ben perk his ears. He now didn't even care about the movie, it was simply a backdrop for the two of them. Once he came back to her, she draped her legs over his. He loved how soft, yet toned they were. It was a stark contrast to his masculine, rough legs. He laid on his back, her laying on top of him as they held each other close under the blanket. Their noses touched, and Ben smiled as his hands made their way to her sides, just along her ribcage.

Back
Top Bottom