Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Nyx winced a little as he pulled away to look down at her, staring at his chest, she looked so young and tired, because she had no idea how to fix this, and if she tried to dig herself out, she’d just make it worse. “No, I’m not kidding. I have a hearing next week.”She sighed softly before looking up at him frowning slightly. “No its not. I knew marrying you would get me fired, win. I’d just hoped I was wrong that they’d be that stupid over it.”

Rhys nodded as he pulled his shirt on, tilting his head a little. “Yea.”He said tilting his head a little to watch her ass as she bent over the counter to put lipstick on. “Good. A little more protection then just letting it be on its own.”he said thoughtfully before laughing. “Well, you probably weren’t ever dating someone who could have bought a house and not noticed the expense to his bank account before either. It makes buying a house young easier.”

Winston shook his head in disbelief, reaching up to run a hand over his face. "Fuck," he cursed, shaking his head again, "We will get it all under control, okay? Surely there is some way around it. They can't punish you for my... lifestyle." With that, he frowned, because he knew it was a lie. They definitely could punish her, and that's exactly what they were doing.

Annabel laughed a bit and shook her head. "No, I'm pretty sure my last few boyfriends could barely afford to take me to a movie and dinner in the same night, let alone by a house," she said, amusement in her eyes, "I guess it's a perk to dating a Balthazar."

She turned and grabbed her purse before heading down the stairs and out the door with him. When they got to the gated community to meet the real estate agent, they were led to the first house, and Annabel's jaw dropped. Surely Rhys would not spend this much money on a house for them, would he? She had not expected the houses in the neighborhood to be this... Well, big. Maybe that was ignorant of her, considering Winston's house was huge, but she still had the mind set of a girl who grew up on the modest pay check of a police chief.

“If you think that, you’re more naïve then I thought.”She said laughing softly as she pulled away from him, turning to look out the window, wincing a little as she watched the storm starting to dump rain over the house. She rubbed a hand over her face, fighting the tears. Because while she knew her boss would fight for her, she knew that her boss’s boss would have it in for her, not only because of Winston, but because of who she was. Having made the choice to get married knowing that it would cost her everything because of her family. They might have forgiven just a cop marrying Winston, but a mob daughter turned cop, returning to the mob? They were going to break her heart.

“Ah, well there are more then just a few, but a house is a plus. Just think, we could have sex over every surface in it, and Winston couldn’t even complain.”he said snickering as they headed for the house, looking around with a mild interest, though it was smaller then winston’s, and the one he’d grown up in, it was comfortable. He was just going to see tehm all, then ask winston’s opinion when he had one he really liked, wanting his brother to approve of this step forward even if he wasn’t sure he would.

Winston's eyebrows scrunched together, and it was clear that her comment irritated him. "I'm not naive," he snapped, "I'm trying to be optimistic." He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. He just didn't know what to do. How was he supposed to help? Eventually, they were going to make her choose between him or her job, and... Well, she already had his last name.

As they walked out of the first house, she looked over at him and smirked. "You didn't seem to interested," she commented, getting in the car and following their agent to the next house. "Did you not like it?"

It took only a couple minutes to get to the second location, and when they did, Annabel's eyes widened.

suburban-mansion-3886831.jpg

“I know.”Nyx sighed tiredly, resting her forehead against the glass, “I’m sorry. I’m just scared.”She muttered rubbing her hands over her arms before turning to look at him, sadness and pain crippling her, to hurt by the legal system to be as optimistic as him. Swallowing hard she looked away from him. “Maybe I should just step down…I’m sure you have a job for me, I could be your secretary or something.”She muttered trying to get him to smile a little. Wanting to think about something else at the moment, knowing that it was going to blow up in her face, but needing to try to set it aside for now.

“It wasn’t the greatest. Smaller then home.”Rhys said shrugging a little before smiling as they followed the agent. Eyes widening a little as he looked around them, smirking a little. “There’s a balcony up there. I bet that’s the master bedroom. That would be nice.”he said looking thoughtful and pleased, while he’d keep looking for houses, it was obvious he was also warming up to it.

Winston sighed a little and crossed his arms over his chest. "You know that you don't want to be my secretary," he said, tilting his head to the side, "It's not you. The police force is you..." He frowned and shook his head, hating that this was so conflicting. "I mean, how can they be that angry with me? I killed one of their biggest threats, my father."

Annabel followed him, looking around the house in awe. "I love this... It's beautiful, Rhys," she said. Unlike him, she was sold, and she wasn't sure any other houses were going to measure up. However, she decided to humor him by continuing to look at the rest of the houses with the agent, taking it all in.

When they finished house-looking, she got into the car and turned to him. "I love the second house," she admitted, "It's perfect. Think, we could have sex on that balcony." With that, she smirked.

“I dunno, being your sexy secretary might work for me…”Nyx sighed softly as she watched the storm as she stared out the window, tense and sad, terrified of the storm, not only of nature’s making, but the emotional wounds she could inflict if she lashed out at him. Swallowing she shrugged a little, “You did. But you also are in control now. No matter what you do, no matter how far we struggle to get away from this world…we will never be any better then the crimes we committed to stop your father, to control things, to keep the body count down.”She sighed quietly, “We’ll never be able to escape this, no matter how much they lie, and tell us it’s for our own good we stayed in this life.”She said angry and sad because she knew his history, knew they’d sent him back when he’d wanted to walk away, and that no matter how much he helped them, he’d always be a criminal for the people he worked for. And her, hidden by a father who’d wanted to protect her, had never been able to escape the life that trapped her, would never be anything but a mob daughter for her boss’s as they used her, and condemned her for it.

Rhys smiled as they searched, looking amused as he got into the car, raising a eyebrow. “We could. Definitely like the idea of outdoor sex.”He laughed softly before nodding, “I like it. I want Winston to see it first, because well…I want to see what he thinks for security plans and everything, but I’ll see about buying the house.”he said smiling as he leaned over to kiss her.

Winston clenched his jaw at her words. While he knew she was right, it didn't make it any easier to hear. "We'll just see how the hearing goes, okay?" he asked, though he was sounding a bit moody now. "Why don't you take a hot bath and drink some wine? Try to relax while I finish up work in the office." He leaned down and kissed her head before moving out of the room. When he entered the office, it was clear that he was angry. In fact, he stormed past Connor to his own desk and slumped down into his chair with a huff. Why did things have to be so difficult?

Annabel grinned happily. "Oh, wow," she said, stunned at the idea of buying house. Leaning over, she kissed him hard on the lips, the pulled back with a smile. "This is so exciting. Hopefully your brother will approve of it." With that, she started to drive back toward him, feeling giddy at the idea of having a house with the man she loved so much.

Nyx winced a little, well both of them were being moody. Probably a good idea to leave each other’s company before they both became depressed. “I will. Thanks.”She muttered smiling up at him before heading to the bathroom to run a bath and drink, reading as she tried to relax. Connor looked up from where he was laying on the couch, watching the man over the edge of folder he was reading, going quiet for a moment. “…if you’re having your first married spat, I suggest buying roses and jewelry. Whatever is wrong, just accept that its your fault, and make up for it.”he teased, his smile bright and teasing, not realizing just how wrong his words could be taken, having intended to tease the man about married life, not blame him.

“That would be nice. He probably wont care, but I’d still like his opinion.”Rhys said blushing a little as they headed back for the house, smiling as they got home. “Come on, we’ll go see what he’s doing. Maybe we can go back today, look around ,and buy it tomorrow.”he said sounding amused and happy at the idea as they headed for winston’s office.

Winston looked up from his work and glared at Connor. "Nyx is about to be fired for marrying me," he snapped, "No roses or diamonds are going to help that." He leaned forward and ran his hands through his hair in frustration, being lost and upset. Fuck. Why did everything have to be so complicated?

He looked up at the door when Rhys and Annabel walked in. Raising his eyebrows, he looked at them with a sigh. "Please tell me you are not here to give me more bad news today," he said, pulling his pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

Connor frowned looking at the man, opening his mouth to say something before looking at rhys, raising his eyebrows. “No, I mean, I don’t think so.”Rhys said looking at his brother nervously now as he realized that Winston was already upset. “I…we…wanted to buy a house, nearby I mean. I wanted you to look at the one that we had chosen, to see what you thought.”The younger skarsgard shifted from foot to foot nervously.

Connor’s eyes went wide, looking startled, having never thought he’d hear the day that rhys skarsgard settled down enough to say ‘we’ were buying a house. Having figured the man would be a man who just had his own house with multiple women in it. “Really?” “yea.”rhys said blushing a little as he returned to looking at Winston, looking worried about his reaction now.

Annabel leaned into Rhys, her two hands hold one of his larger ones. She looked hopeful and happy, so content with the man who was finally starting to view a future for them. At least a future that involved buying a house together.

Winston raised his eyebrows, the tension falling from his face. "A house? Really?" he said, looking a bit surprised. "Well... I'll go look at it with you." He smiled a bit. While it saddened him to think that his brother would be moving out, it also made him proud. Finally, Rhys seemed to be settling down and warming up to the idea of a somewhat normal like with a girl that was good for him.

Rhys shifted a little, nervous as he watched Winston. “Yes, a house. And its nearby, so I’m not going that far.”he said looking nervous still, because for all that he was interested in the house, the man was still not totally sold on the normal life. He’d spent to many years refusing to let anyone close to be truly excited yet. It freaked him out a little bit that he was even considering this.

Connor smiled slightly, “Go. I’ll stay here and finish up the work that needs done. Go look at the house.”he said waving the three towards the door because he knew Winston needed to get away for a bit, away from the knowledge that his wife was losing her job for loving him enough to actually get married.

Winston let out a sigh and looked over at Connor. Nodding, he stood and grabbed his coat. "Alright, fine," he said, "Tell Nyx I'll be back in a little while, okay?" With that, he put his coat on and headed out the door with the two of them. Seeing the way Rhys acted around Annabel made him happy, in an odd sort of way. It meant that, while he was also effected by their father, he wasn't effected as badly as Winston. There was still hope for Rhys to have a happy life.

Annabel slipped into the back seat of the car as Winston drove, taking them down the road a few miles toward the house they had picked out.

"This is nice," he said, getting out of the car, "How many bedrooms?"

“I will. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure she’s okay.”connor said looking amused as he watched the three leave.

“Six. With a small dining room, a nice sized kitchen and a big back porch patio area.”Rhys said looking pleased with the size of the house as they headed inside, “Its not huge, but its just the two of us. There’s no reason to have a million rooms.”he said though he’d bulked at having a smaller house, because he had had such a big house before, but this was about as small as he could ever see him going. He wanted room, wanted space to do what he pleased with it.

"And its fairly enclosed already with those lines of trees out back, but the yards open, so even if someone managed to get onto the grounds, we'd see them coming."he said sounding thoughtful, hoping his brother approved. while he would buy the house simply because him and Annabel liked it, rhys looked up to Winston, more so then he had ever looked up to Balthazar, and needed to make the other man happy.

Winston looked around the house, nodding as he listened. "Six bedrooms, huh? Already preparing for a bunch of kids, I see." He looked over at his brother with amusement. Honestly, he was impressed. The place seemed nice, and while a little smaller than what they were used to, it was good for them.

"I like it," he said, "I think that you could probably get away with a minimal amount of guards." He reached up to scratch his chin, looking thoughtful. "You need to bullet proof the windows, but other than that, I like it. It's good for you."

He gave his brother a smile and put a hand on his shoulder. While he didn't say it, it was clear the man was proud of him. Very proud.

"I'm glad you like it," Annabel said, "That was important to us."

Winston smirked at his brother's lover. "Well, of course it is. I'm the one to impress, after all."

“I am not!”Rhys sputtered eyes widening as he looked at his brother, looking at Annabel anxiously, as if she was going to take winston’s words seriously and want kids soon. He was so not ready for that. Sputtering as he watched the two he calmed, nodding. “Good. I’ll have the same person who did your windows do mine.”he said flushing a little, smiling at his brother when the man realized Winston was proud.

“Well, I dunno. I rather impress nyx, she’s less liable to tell me I’m a idiot.”Rhys snorted looking amused, “Now. Anything else?I’m going to call when we get home and get the house. Should have it in a few weeks at the most.”he said sounding thoughtful as he studied his brother, seeing that he was stressed. Wondering just what was wrong with him.

Annabel reached over and placed a hand on his arm. "Rhys, calm down, he's joking," she said, an amused look on her face. She knew, of course, that Rhys had no intentions of having children at the moment. She was okay with that, for now, and she wouldn't want him to think she was conspiring the get knocked up.

"Good," Winston said, "And nothing that I can think of. Just make sure the windows are taken care of before you move in."

He gave his brother a smile. "Come on. I'm hungry for dinner."

Annabel followed the two men out, but like Rhys, she could tell something was wrong with Winston. However, she didn't fell it was her place to ask about it.

Rhys nodded, looking amused.”Dinner sounds good.”he said pleased with the idea as they headed home, trying not to worry to much. While he knew Winston wouldn’t want to talk about it, he also knew that he probably needed to talk to someone,hopefully it wasn’t to serious.

A week later Connor reclined in the hotel bedroom, watching the other man as he pretended to read. “You know, you could just join her in the bathtub if your going to just pace.”He said watching the man before glancing towards the bathroom. Nyx’s emotional grid had been all over the place over the last week as she dealt with the idea of losing her job, and the next morning was the hearing. And with each hour that past, the more wound tighter she became, finally just settling into the hotel bathtub with a book and a glass of wine. While she was based out of the new York offices, the hearing was taking place in Washington d.c. and while it probably was a bad idea, the woman hadn’t wanted to travel alone.

Rhys smiled as he laid on his stomach, looking up at Annabel, leaning across to kiss her lightly as she woke. “You coming with me to oversee the workers putting in the windows?”he said absently trailing his fingers over her skin, looking amused as he nuzzled his face against her side, not wanting to move but knowing that they had to get moving.

Winston glared at Connor. "I'll handle my frustration how I see fit," he said, but moved to sit beside him on the bed. He leaned down and kissed his lover, his hand moving to rest on the other's thigh. "Thank you for coming."

He leaned back and sighed, standing back up and heading for the bathroom. When he opened the door, he smiled at his wife. "Hey," he said, reaching up to loosen his tie, "I think there might just be room for two in there..."

Annabel whined a bit but nodded. "Yea," she said, leaning down to kiss him, "Let's get some coffee on the way."

Rolling out of bed, she moved to turn on the shower. "What color do you want to decorate the bedroom with, babe?" she asked, raising her eyebrows, "I was thinking... red and black." She tilted her head to the side. "Something sexy."

Connor sighed. “Fine, be stressed. When you die of a heartattack I’m going to laugh.”he grumbled annoying with both of them for not letting him help, not sure how he could help, but needing to. Kissing Winston back he smiled a little. “You’re welcome.”He muttered watching him go.

Nyx looked up from the book she was reading, flushing softly as he caught her reading 50 shades of grey, blushing as she smiled a little at him, the wine glass sitting on the bathtub’s edge over half empty her nerves and worry numbed by the alcohol

Rhys whined a little before nodding as he kissed her back.”we should just stay in bed. Think the guards would go babysit them?”He whined not a happy camper, having spent most of the night writing his thesis paper, he was just sleepy and grumpy. “Why are you asking me?I don’t decorate. That’s why I told you to take care of it.”He said thoughtfully smiling as he stepped into the shower. “

Winston pulled his clothes off and stepped into the bath tub, relaxing against the opposite site. Reaching out, he snatched her book and tossed it aside before taking her hand, gently easing her over into his arms. "Come here," he purred, kissing his softly on the lips. "How are you? Talk to me." He held her close, looking up at her. It had bothered him how upset she had been over the week. So much so, that it had him showing emotions that he didn't normally show.

Annabel giggled and stepped into the shower. "I thought I'd ask," she said, pulling him into her arms. Leaning up, she kissed his wet shoulder. "I mean, you are buying the house, I atleast have to let you think you have an opinion." She winked at him and turned to wash her hair.

Nyx smiled a little as he took her hand, sighing softly as she shifted, getting formcortable in his arms, so upset and tired that she wasn’t even feeling weird about being married for her first valentine’s day and not be doing anything but getting fired. Shifting she rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes. “I don’t know how to not be a cop win. I’ve been doing it since I graduated high school...”

Rhys laughed softly as he held her, leaning down to press a kiss to her head, laughing softly. “I have the only opinion that matters, well besides yours, but I really don’t care how you paint things.”he said smiling a little as he looked down, staring at her body before starting to wash up himself.

Winston sighed. "There's other things you could do," he suggested, "You don't have to immediately go to being a stay-at-home wife. Hell, they might even have another job for you at the station that they feel you are reliable in while married to me." He shrugged. "Don't give up quite yet. Stay positive. We'll figure something out." He smirked up at her. "Unless you want to try the whole stay-at-home wife thing out... Give me a kid or two." He blushed, not expecting those words to come out of his own mouth. But hey, he wasn't getting any younger, and if the idea made her happy for a few moments.

Annabel continued to bathe, looking up at him with a smirk. "You're impossible," she sighed, shaking her head, "I guess I should be happy about you not interfering with my decorating ideas." She shrugged and rinsed off under the spray of water.

"Now, I get that we are not getting married or reproducing any time soon, but can we get a dog? If you aren't going to jog with me in the mornings, I want a dog who will. You and Bosley can stay in bed all morning and keep each other company."

Nyx sighed softly, shifting to rest her head against his chest, squirming to straddle his waist, not in a bid for sex, but just to be as close as she could, taking comfort in his arms as she snuggled him, for once not really aware of being naked. “I know. Its just…I’ve never tried. But its not lost, I wont give up yet.”She said smiling as she shifted looking down at him as she sat up, eyes widening at his words, staring at him. At a loss to what to say, blushing slightly at his suggestion.”Well, we could always make connor be a nanny. If you’re serious about kids…”She said blushing and stuttering a little, trying not to get excited at the idea of having a kid, because she didn’t know if he was being serious or not. And while she hadn’t been thinking of kids yet, she hadn’t not wanted to have his son or daughter. It was just…something she hadn’t really considered.

“I am, but you love me anyways.”he said grinning at her as he started washing off, shrugging a little. “I’m paying for things, I really don’t care how you spend it as long as the room doesn’t make me want to throw up or insane or anything. I’ve been in rooms like that before, it was scarring.”he said snickering a little before sighing.

Making a face at the thought of the cat.”It’s not enough you have the damned cat?”He grumbled, not about to admit that the cat was officially his cat since it followed him around more then her. Sighing as he nodded, “We’ll go to the pound after they finish the house then. It can be your house warming gift.”he said not protesting as much as he usually would because well, he was a dog person.

Back
Top Bottom