Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fellowship Of Forodwaith - LotR Group RP OOC

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
All discussions/announcements/etc for those involved in FELLOWSHIP OF FORODWAITH will go in here be it OOC or about the RP itself. Any and all suggestions regarding the RP are welcome, but any MAJOR plot elements need to be discussed by all and approved by both darkangel76 or Karameida. MINOR plot elements are fair game for anyone to implement as surprises and twists are the beauty of RP. Just keep in mind the Tolkien universe and if questions arise, bring them up in here as needed. :)

Having talked to DA a bit about this, I think it's high time someone started to chat here! I'm very excited about this rp, as I imagine all of those involved are. I cannot wait to rp with you all!

The character I am developing for this rp will be a Dúnedain who is name Mithon, but most who are not elven kind know him as Mist. Mithon is one of the Rangers of the North and, as such, he believers that it is his duty to defend the people of the north, including those in Forodwaith. In fact, as one of the more experienced and seasoned rangers, as well as a lieutenant to their chief, Mithon has been sent north by the chieftain of the Dúnedain for the expressed purpose of doing whatever he could to protected the peoples of Forodwaith and keep them safe from the dangers that are to come.

So, who would care to meet up with a ranger? :)

My character, Maran, very well might. She is an elven healer from Rivendell. Though young for an elf, she is skilled in the healing arts and her reason for heading north was due to the word her family had received regarding how the evil of the north had been affecting her kin in Lindon, etc. Due to her calling and natural talents, she and her family headed there and now is all alone... but despite that, still wanting to help her kin. So perhaps her 'bumping' into a ranger could be a fairly good alliance. :)

Also, for those curious, to summarize my human, Brynne: She is a young noblewoman from Dale who was kidnapped from her family and brought northward. She was fortunately saved from an unknown fate by the Lossoth and now resides at the Inn of the Snowy Eagle in Pynti-Peldot, located right on the Ice Bay. She pays off her debt by working as a seamstress, but her longing desire is to eventually reunite with her family back home in Gondor and find true happiness in life.

I think that having Mithon stumble upon Maran, or vice versa, would indeed be a rather fortuitous and beneficial occurrence. Mithon has had dealings with elves in the past of course and it is entirely possible that she might have even seen him in Rivendell before :)

I think that would make perfect sense. I can picture Maran at least recognizing him and yes, I think it could be a very fortunate meeting for them to run into one another in Forodwaith. :)

@Rivine: Well, given my own elf is a ranger/scout, I wouldn't mind.

@All: I hope I summarized Celeste well enough ... but here's a quicker background if not.

She was born and raised in a royal family and thus is actually a princess. The typical schedules got her weary after a while though and when the process of trying to get an array of mages, clerics, scouts, etc. was decided in her homeland of Eriador, that was her cue. Waiting for attention to be off from her, she ran off and began self-teaching herself where her parents had left off with lessons and simultaneously adding some new ones in.

If you don't mind reading the entire background though, it's in the Character section =P

But longer story short, she's a runaway princess [but doesn't know the royal portion yet].

I love irony, usually making it but still.

And yes, I can't wait to start this RP either. I've had this (Lord of the Rings) in my search thread since I made it and yet ... no one's asked me for it before. Why is beyond me.

@DA: I think it would work well. Especially her recognizing him as a friend so she doesn't go running off or something :p

@LadyYuna: I quite enjoy your character Celeste, although I am curious where exactly she is from. Rivendell is the only Elven realm in Eriador itself, but Lindon is on the western border. Is she going to be from one of those? Lindon is the one least discussed in the books, so that would probably give you the most leeway to work with.

@Rivine: .....
I really hate my ability or lack of to read maps at times xD

Hm .... likely Lindon, yes. Seems I'll have to do research ASAP on that real fast.

Makes a grand if somewhat late entrance

AND THEN MY MIGHTY WARRIOR! Who sadly lost his mother young and his father a short time later. He ends up in Fodowaith when he learns that the entire area is being plagued. Being the naturally good heart-ed soul he is, he travels up there to put an end to the atrocities being committed. Or some such nonsense ;D
WITH HIS MIGHTY SWORD HE SHALL CLEAVE HIS ENEMIES IN TWO! >O!

So uh, should I make a Wizard...or a Dwarf next? << >>;;

AND 'ALLO TO ALL YOU FINE PEOPLES ;D

And hello to you Kara!

We are happy to have your over zealous warrior along of course! It will be wonderful to have a meat shield! :D

On another note... dwarf. That is all...

Eye's twinkle in obvious mischief

Huehuehue!
You shall have a shield, IT SHALL BE A METAL SHIELD! But on occasion he may take the body of the enemy as a shield. LITERAL MEAT SHIELD! Bwahaha!! HE SHALL USE HIS MEAT SHIELD UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF THE BODY! Waste not want not~ <3

I had intended to make a Dwarf because that just...my Dwarf would be just so lulzy <3 She'd be awesome. But then I found out my Wizard name...AND I JUST WANTED TO USE IT SO BADLY ;.;

Kara up to mischief? No... never! *sarcasm* And that character of your certainly sounds like an interesting fellow!

As to the dwarf character, I think a female dwarf would be awesome! Especially since being a wizard would basically force you to be male XD

PFFFFFFT
I'm rarely ever up to mischievous like things D;
I'M INNOCENT OF SUCH CHARGES! INNOCENT I TELL YE!

I enjoyed creating him ^^. I have nice little image in my head of what he'll be like and I know I'll enjoy it quite a lot. He's going to start running and then fall back pick up the two who are the slowest, sling them over his shoulder and continue to get the hell out of dodge. JUST CAUSE HE CAN >D
Naw but really....x3

BAH
If I made a Wizard type I'd make my Wizard female <_<

*chuckles a bit* Of COURSE you are. We all believe you... ;)

Haha! That is a rather interesting image I must say. I think that Mithon will have to concede that he is the stronger of the two. However strength is not the only trait needed to win a contest of arms! :p

A female wizard huh? Well she'll have to be a new once, since all the Istari sent to Middle-Earth by the Valar are all males. But there have been allusions to lesser magic users in Middle-Earth, so she could certainly be of one of their number. Or we you planning on a new Istari perhaps?

Eyes rivine mutinously

You better....someone as awesome as me just can not be guilty. It's not plausible. IT'S NOT I SAY!
Thrashes about swinging her sword wildly.

Isn't it? Speaking of interesting images....when DA linked me your profile I saw "94 and human" and the image of an old, wizened man flailing his cane around hobbling at the enemy came to my head and it made me collapse in a fit of laughter. Well Warrior VS Ranger. In physical strength a Warrior is bound to win [for the most part] but Rangers do have their advantages certainly.

YES A FEMALE WIZARD! SHE SHALL BE:: Uinen, Lady of the Stars the mage in midnight blue!!! BAHAHA
Well I wouldn't really want to stretch the Tolkien universe too much, if people were uncomfortable with me making a Female Istari Mage then I would not do so.

Offers DA and her Elven healer and Human Noble some tea

Ok. Serious question to those involved in and approved for the RP:

Would you prefer the RP format to be a single thread or a multi thread format? Either way, we WILL be using headers (I'll get to those at a later time when we get closer to posting time/starting time). But, the deal is with a single thread we will literally be posting in one thread only. In a multi thread, we'd be given our own child forum and then have a few different threads to post in for our RP. We would label our threads however we wished (probably based on location) and then bounce between them as needed. Multi threads are useful for organization, for times if anyone needs to split off from the main group, etc. In a single thread, regardless of anything and everything, it would all take place in that thread and you'd have to take extra care to label where you are and who you are addressing (though headers will help with this regardless for either format).

So, feedback please. Thanks.

~~~

My own preference is for multi. :)

@Kara: Well my character is a Dunedain, and at that he is descended from the line of their chieftains, which means that he is blessed with a much longer life them most humans.

And your warrior can continue to think that he has the best of my fellow. All I will say is that experience and skill counts for a lot in a fight as well :p

@The question: I second the preference for multi thread

I know Rivine. But you see human and 94 it's just the first initial thought. "WTH? Is he gonna HOBBLE after the enemy?" But yeah I realized about the Dunedain thing. But still that thought just made me laugh far too much x3.

My warrior doesn't think he's got the best of anyone ;D. Except maybe Orcs and shizz <<; Cause those bastards WILL BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN STEPPING STONES IN HIS PATH FOR VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHA!

I temporarily considered making him Bi just so he could mess with your character <_<; But I decided against it in the end x3.

2 for Multi!!! Any others ;D?

I'm pretty much with whatever you guys decide you want.

You can certainly make him bi if you want to Kara :) It would be an interesting scene for sure.

And as far as another Istari, I think it might be interesting if you could work it in with the mythology and all :)

Considers the scene and falls into another fit of laughter
Oh dear, Oh dear, OH my goodness!!!
"You're gay?"
"....You're not?"
"No..."
"Well this is a trifle awkward..."

OH THE SHENANIGANS THAT WOULD ENSUE!!!!! Tehe.

Well I think I'd make sure it was ok with everyone. DA does want to keep it as canon as possible. I don't want to ruin it for her...or anyone else.

Liam Neeson from Kingdom of Heaven, I approve only so long as he fought for three days with an arrow in his testicle.

I'm not sure what type of character(s) to throw in this.

Back
Top Bottom