Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Devil You Know: Inside the mind of BlisteredBlood

Late Night,
December 26th, 2023

Christmas pretty much came and went with the quickness. To be honest with you, I'm pretty okay with that. The Christmas Eve dinner I went to was pretty nice, considering I was surrounded by people who never even met me before, or even knew who I was, but at least I hoped I left a good impression on them, even if I pretty much stayed out of the way of most of them.

Christmas Day, though... It would turn out to be entirely different. It was basically an affirmation that both me and my mother weren't really meant to be there at her place when we were invited to come down, especially when one of my aunts' kid took a seat that I was meant to be in, but it's whatever. When that happened, I tapped my mom on the shoulder and said I'm going out for a smoke, but even I think she knew I didn't want to be there. Somehow, I think even she picked up on what I really thought when I came back in and she was pulling up a set of plates for the both of us to take upstairs and then stay up there.

I'd say that I'm ready for the new year to begin with something new, but to be honest, I'm just not getting my hopes up, because I know full well it's only just going to start up again the same way as it did before. Usually, there'll be some dick, some yobbo, some goggywoggle who'll get it in their head that someone did something somewhere and want you to entirely believe them and to not ask questions about it, no matter how suspicious their intentions are. Then there's those stupid, vapid slug human beings that want you to do everything for them and never mind what you're doing. You're supposed to drop everything that you're doing to tend to them.

But I get it, Journal. I know I'm trying like hell to break this cycle and maybe get away from it all, but I just get dragged back into it no matter how hard I try.
So what do I do? I suppose I'll just keep on trying, I guess. I know I'll get there at some point, and when I do, I'm gonna be such a ghost, and I never - ever - want to be anywhere near these people again. Maybe it'll happen by the start of the new year. Maybe a couple months in. I don't know. I'm just tired of waiting, is all.

Speaking of tired, I suppose I might as well head off. I've bored you enough as it is, Journal. And to the two people that peruse this on accident, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom