No Turning Back (Alvis Alendran&SHARPii)

Her eyes widened when he gave his address. She knew that tower. Oh lord, he really was a celebrity and she was the trash he decided to stick it to a few times here and there until he got bored. Dread washed over and suddenly, she did not want to step into his apartment. She wished she didn’t know he lived in Everest Tower, even more wishing that they could just go to her apartment. No, that would be worse because she did know where he lived. Now this was really embarrassing. She was raised never to be ashamed but she was just a little bit, considering the polar opposite of their living arrangements.

Still, the ride to his apartment was comfortable and relaxing, she almost could have dozed. Getting out of the car, she walked inside the building, blushing a little bit as she wondered what the door man was thinking. Girl to be brought home or relative? God, she was young enough to his sister or even his niece or some distant cousin. Certainly not to bang but she wasn’t family. No, she was the feature flavor of the month a la carte.

Riding the elevator to his floor, she had memories of their recent elevator encounter. She turned even redder. The doors opened and she stepped out, holding the box of pizza to herself even closer as nerves washed over her. Then she stepped inside his massive home and her eyes widened, she gulped audibly and took another step in to gaze around the wondrous place he called home. Her jaw dropped. She looked around more and her eyes looked like they were going to pop out of her skull and her jaw seemed stuck on the floor. Swallowing hard again, she turned to look back at Harrison and offered a nervous smile. “It’s…quaint.” Though that hardly did it any justice. She was just a bit stunned.

Remembering her manners though, she held the box in one hand as she balanced to unzip and slid her boots off. She did the same to the other foot and then placed her shoes aside, in the closet, bare feet touching the coolness of the floor. She then went on into his home, finding a kitchen to place the pizza box on the counter and then slid her purse off but didn’t let go of it, fearful she might lose it in this grand place. Whoa. Talk about a major culture shock.

The kitchen itself was a large enough place that put it just over the line of Esther's living room. The was a darker place, a certain level on contrast to it. Black marble made the floors, and a grey quartz countertop gave the place a very clean, polished look. Every appliance that was there was faced in stainless steel, and each of them seemed to be the absolute top of the line in manufacturing. The cabinets were covered in a black laquer, making them blend into the floor flawlessly, while a burished steel handles gave off only a very dull shine. It was a place that looked like it had been made to handle not only day to day living, but to be able to keep a party fed. It was hard to say how much use Harrison actually got out of it on a regular basis.

Harrisonstepped after her, setting his shoes into their designated places on the rack. He nodded to himself, and made sure Esther's boots were in the right place for a guest shoe. He smiled as he closed the closet door. He had been accused of having a case of OCD about his apartment, and while that wasn't entirely true, he did firmly appreciate that everything within had a place, and deserved to be in it. He saw Esther making her way into the kitchen to keep her so recently acquired pizza accounted for. He followed after her, seeing her look a little shocked at the surroundings. He swept past her, a hand lightly brushing across her lower back, and lifting the pizza, setting it withinthe large fridge that dominated one section. He smiled at her.

"Are you alright?" He asked her, seeing the nervousness that was kicking around. While a part of him knew that this might have been her reaction, he was prepared to do what he had to to make her feel comfortable here. After all, it was the reason she was here. To find some comfort. And he would make sure she found some.

It was a wonder, his entire place. It was more than an apartment. It was like an exclusive room in a tower. That’s exactly what it was and the entire place screamed bachelor pad. Then again, Harrison Trenton was quite the bachelor. How he hadn’t been snagged up yet, she had no idea. Though, this didn’t mean he was snagged up by her right? No. They were simply having sex when it benefited them both. Oh, he was also her boss and her lawyer apparently in light of recent events. Wow, she had it all in one package. Great sex, a superb lawyer and the cherry on top of a fantastic day with him being her boss. If she ever felt like an overzealous gold-digging whore-trash…

“Yeah, I’m fine. I didn’t imagine you lived in a castle though.” Not that she imagined he lived in anything less. “Not that you can’t afford it. I mean—“ She cut herself off and made a small wincing face as she looked down. Her hands toyed with each other in a nervous habit and she tilted her head. “You have a really nice place Mr. Trenton.” Though that didn’t seem to cut it, it at least was better than saying she expected less, which she honestly didn’t. He was a fine man this Harrison Trenton. This was to be expected, if not more.

He leaned forward as she stammered out her words, seeming to catch herself up in them. Woried about offending him? Possible. Even likely. She was determined to make her own way through life, but seemed painfully aware of what might happen should she drastically offend harrison. He knew that she ewas safe from that, simply because he made it a note to avoid confusing buisness and personal. Even in cases like this, if Esther and he parted horribly, he would not seek to ruin her for it. After all, she was good at her job. That much was clear if she'd stayed ther so long. He planted a warm, affectionate kiss on her forehead, and leaned back, smiling at her.

"Do relax Esther. You are both safe and welcome here." he told her, resting a hand on her shoulder. He turned from her, opening a cabinet to get a glass, and fill it with water. He handed it to her. "You should also know that I don't often bring people back here. Any of them. So you being here makes you part of a very select group. People that I enjoy the company of. And are..." He hesitated. Gestures, and the meanings behind them. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. He might as well finsh the staement and see where the pieces landed. "...people that I find special in some way to me."

She looked up at him with sort of adorable eyes when he planted a kiss to her forehead. She liked him. She liked him a lot. Yet she was afraid still and even more afraid to send him running for the hills. So she kept her distance. It was safer, especially while she was still so unsure as to what all of this was. If she did something wrong, took one step out of line or even turned into one of those kinds of girls who took, say, a kiss to the forehead as a means to turn all clingy and dependent, he’d go away. Not saying Esther was that kind of girl but she did like to show her happiness when she was being taken care of, like that kiss to her forehead. It was nice. A nice gesture.

“Thank you.” She said softly, letting her hands drop to her sides, though they still seemed to want to do something so they weren’t doing nothing. She remained calm though and did her best to act normally. She did feel a tad bit—rather a lot—out of her element but he said to relax and that she was safe. She was going to take that with more than a grain of salt.

Her head cocked to the side and her eyebrow rose. Did he mean that? Or was he just saying it? If her past taught her anything it was that people tended to say a lot of things they didn’t mean, and when she meant people, she meant ex-boyfriends. They say one thing then do another and mean an entirely different ordeal.
At the same time, it’s also her instinctive and unfortunate power to overanalyze, as most women did, but with Harrison she just couldn’t be so sure. “You find me special? To you?” She asked almost as if she didn’t believe it. Forgive her for being so skeptical. She was new to this. After all, this was Harrison Trenton. A celebrity.

“You don’t need to say stuff like that you know.” She told him. “We’re just enjoying each other’s company. You don’t need to try and be anything more than that. Don’t feel obligated.” Well, if ever there was a time to simply lay it all out, why not now? If anything, it’d just speed things up along.

harrison paused as she laid out her own words. Was this a defence mechanism for her? or was she legitimately not interested in pushing things any further. Harrison had to remind himself that not everyone put so much effort into looking at the significance of gestures as he did. Frankly, no one did. One could learn more from watching his actions and simple gestures than by listening to him sometimes. Especially if it was how he was trying to convey something. he tok another glass from the cupboard, adn got himself a water, leaning on the island now, across the counter from her.
"Is that waht you're looking for from me Esther? And speak honestly here. Do not tell me what you think I want to hear. I want to hear the truth from you. Is that what you're looking for? A dalliance? A...an occasional hook up?" He asked her, actually stumbling a litlte over the last term, not used to using it.

Tihngs were going fast. And what was more, they were flying off the rails, careening out of control and going to land Gods alone knew where. But somehow, he still felt like he a modicum of control. Afterall, he could say less than ten words, adn this would be firmly packaged and set aside, no more complicated than it was already. Though that was pretty severe as it was. But this had to get hashed out sooner or later, and it might as well be now. He kept his face clear of any kind of accusation, recrimination, or anything remotely similar. It was just curiosity. And a certian edge of ease that said to her it'd be fine no matter what she said.

Her eyes blinked and her throat went dry. Thank goodness for the glass of water he pushed into her hands otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to speak. She took a hasty sip and then chanced a step in his direction. He looked so good just standing there, leaning against the counter with his own water glass. She bit her lower lip to try and get her thoughts together. Probably wouldn’t have been the best time to hash this out now. Considering how much she had to drink and he was probably tired.

Swallowing, she regarded him before finally speaking. “No—Yes—I—“ She sighed and shook her head, looking down. It was hard to say. It was hard to say because it meant she’d have to share more than she was probably willing to or probably had to. She knew if someone basically told her they were damaged goods, she’d want to run for the hills also because that was a heavy burden to lay in someone’s lap. But how could she word that without it coming off as ‘By the way, I’m damaged goods and I expect nothing from a man like you who should do better than a twenty-five year old woman who couldn’t even afford a pizza.’

She took another sip of water and let it give her strength because she had a feeling she’d need it. “I don’t know what this. I don’t know what you think of me. I don’t know what’s really going on here. All I do know is I like you but I have no expectations from you. Because I’m not going to put that on you. We had sex. Really great, amazing, mind-blowing, Earth-shattering…” She was veering off and getting lost in all the feelings again. “The point I’m trying to make is if you want this to just be a dalliance, as you say, then okay. If not, then well I don’t know. I mean I wouldn’t be opposed but I’m not about to put some kind of heavy burden on you because frankly, you’re too much of a good guy to get caught up in my web of…well me.” In other words, he was rich, successful and boning a girl who was born when he entered puberty and she wasn’t exactly well off at all for someone her age either. Age gap aside, she was like trash compared to him. At least that’s how she saw it. She had confidence about herself when she needed it and when it was important. With men and relationships and dalliances she was SOL.

Harrison fought he urge to smile, that amused, almost laughing smile, because he knew that it wasn't going to be helpful right here. Her detour into describing their various sexual exploits wasn't far from how he might get if he cared to dwell on trying to find the right words for it. Fortunately, he did not. But Esther was being honest, and he owed her the same right now.
"Esther, I think you worry yourself overmuch about the 'web of you'. Your willingness to allow me to be free of restraints is...refreshing, to say the least. But if you were simply a dalliance, you would not have been invited here. Period. I don't... I don't know for sure where this is going right now. I am representing you in court, so Lloyd has asked that we be discreet, adn keep this quiet for now. Once it is over, we can be... a little freer. It might take some time to figure out exactly what we plan to be to one another. But I'm willing to put the time in. If you want me to. And if you're willing to do the same." He laid it all out for her as best he could.

This wasn't a conversation he'd ever had with a woman this soon after meeting her. but everything that had to do with Esther had come and gone in a flurry of activity, from her friend, to his arrival, and every encounter since then. It was...different. So different as to feel almost new again. And maybe that was part of the appeal, maybe she was right, and a month or two from now he'd ben tired of it all, but he had the suspicion that such an outcome would be wrong. He would make no bold claims about love. He knew about that, and real love grew over time, something that you grew into. It took time and effort to really find. But he enjoyed Esther's company. And enjoyed what they found to occupy themselves in the sudden, explosive moments. But he didn't want to jinx something that might turn out to be important to him by putting too muc thought on it. It had to go naturally, or not at all.

Her eyes searched his face, wanting to read some kind of sign, any kind really. But all she saw was that he might be repressing a smile or a laugh or thought she was being completely out of her mind for what she was saying. She wanted his really expensive floor to open up and swallow her up. She had a lot of those desires it seemed where he was concerned but that was because she felt she was embarrassing herself more around him—or even Mr. Lloyd—than trying to make a good point. She didn’t even know if she made her point or not or if it reached him enough. All she knew was that the cards were played out on the table and there for all the world to see, namely Harrison. She felt like she was standing there naked in front of him, awaiting judgment. She expected him to point out everything that was wrong with her, smack her forehead and tell her to chill out. She didn’t think highly of herself. It worked too. It worked to keep that brick wall, armada and fleet all around her heart. It was easier to mask feelings than act upon them. Although, what they acted upon was a feeling, just not the same kind.

Then he spoke and she held her breath. She didn’t even realize. She held her breath the entire time and when he finished, she let her breath out, actually making a show of it. She looked at him and then stepped towards him. “So then, with that in mind and set in stone…” Because what he said wasn’t at all as scary as she thought it’d be. “I can do this?” She stood before him now and she leaned up and pressed her lips to his in a small little kiss before pulling back. Her eyes looked up into his and then searched them and his entire face.

Harrison had to grin at her reaction in the end. The long, slow sigh showed she was either accepting what he was saying, or was going to claim he was obviously out of his mind, and leave for 'his own good'. He did admit if she had done the second thing, he'd have actually missed her. When she gave him the quick kiss, and just looked at him, as though waiting for a reaction from him, he had to smile.
"No. You most certainly can't. Unless I can return the favour." he made a quick grab for her, gathering her to him, and giving her a fast, playful kiss, and setting her back down. It was odd in some ways, but maybe it was something to do with her age. Being with her did, on some level, make him feel as though he was recapturing a feeling of his youth. maybe she just reminded that outside of some places, it was alright to be less than a man of iron control, and stone features. He could be playful, and still be himself. Or maybe even be better than himself.

It was enough to make him want to laugh. Gods, Lloyd would have had a field day with this, the cheeky bastard. he knew enough about how things were going to know a few things about what the end result with Esther was likely to be. Disaster, ruination of parts of his reputation, and likely a lot of damage control. But then, maybe being able to act like he was nearly half his age at times was worth that. And he'd suffered blows like that before, and recovered well. He could do it again. And just maybe, things might actually go well, adn he and Esther could figure out exactly what they wanted, adn needed from one another. It was possible, adn that possibility was all he needed to agree to continue.

Esther giggled and it felt so good to giggle in his presence. She moved her hands to his upper arms to brace herself as he kissed her. It’s not like it was some fierce kiss but she never knew with Harrison. The man was unpredictable. She kissed him back and smiled into it, before pulling back. She felt like so giddy. Sure, nothing was set in stone with them but it was all about the moment and this moment right now, she intended to live like tonight was her last night to live and tomorrow she would be dead.

Staying in his arms, she moved her arms around his neck and leaned into him, sighing softly. “Did you want to do anything or were you ready to go to bed?” She was tired, yes but she didn’t mind just staying up with him and learning more. She wanted to know more about him as much as he was willing to let her on to know. There was a game and an idea came to mind and she was soon smiling broadly. “Or we could play twenty questions? Although considering the time, you can say no or we can do ten questions, instead.” She was going to try to milk out as many answers from him, as many opportunities from him that she could to get to know him more. All she knew was before he was this big hotshot lawyer, he was a bad boy. Otherwise, she didn’t know much and she was willing to tell her own for some answers in return. It’d be worth it. So worth it.

Harrison noticed that she had, at the very least, seemed to settled herself, and not seem so on edge. And that was a victory for him. He pondered her proposal. A few questions...not a bad idea. But he would have to keep it short. it was getting progressively later, adn they would need to actually sleep. Besides, a longer conversation worried him. After all, there was every chance of them getting...distracted. And while he might enjoy that more than a little, he was going to have to take a breather, get his bearings back, and do things properly.
"We'll have to settle for five. Maybe eight questions." He mused, stepping away from her, but not letting go completely. Of all things, he slid his hand down along her arm, before clasping her hand. It was such a small gesture, as was him squeezing her hand faintly, but he used that connection to lead her into the living room.

He led her over to a small counch, one built for two people at most, but then decided to be just alittle more playful. He changed his momentum, and sank into a normal chair, but pulled her hand, and depositied her onto his lap. He got arms around her, and brought her close to him. He gave her a swift kiss, and smiled.
"It was your idea, so it seems like I should allow you the chance to ask the first question." He conceded to her. He kept his mind focused on her face, and her eyes. After seating her on him, his mind did go back to the fact that he'd destroyed her panties back at the office, and that meant... her face was nicely made, and her eyes were well shaped, and the hazel of her iris's was well set off by her pale skin. Keep focused. That was the plan.

“I can be down with that.” She said softly, stepping back and reaching for her glass of water she had previously set down on the counter before he had kissed her. She didn’t expect him to take her arm or her hand. In fact, she just expected for him to lead the way and she to follow for them to sit, assumingly in the living room. What he did surprised her but she didn’t comment. Simply smiled and laced her fingers with his as he led her to the living room, where spacious and luxurious seats awaited them. Just as she was about to sit down on the plush couch, he changed course it seemed and before she knew it, she was sitting in his lap. She leaned over to place her glass down on a nearby table after pushing a coaster underneath and wrapped her arms around his neck.

It donned on her only then that she no longer wore her panties. Her skirt rode up a little bit exposing more of her legs and she was directly leveled above…
Her eyes came to his face and she hoped she didn’t look red. But it didn’t matter because her cheeks were flushed and she simply smiled it off, as if not wanting to give the idea or insinuation of something else. She was utterly spent from their all day dealings. Three times in one day. Phew, that had to be a record. It’s like he knew she had been a dry spell before him and was making up for it. Or they simply couldn’t keep their hands off of each other.

Oy, she had to keep her thoughts somewhat proper. She wasn’t about to go another round. “Um,” but first she needed to clear her head because she might just about ask him something she didn’t want to waste a question on. Clearing her throat, her eyes fell from his eyes to his mouth, to his chin and then lower until she made herself pull her gaze back up. Sliding her hands from around his neck to down his chest, she looked up at him. “What color is your toothbrush?” She asked softly.

The look on Esther's face as she sat on his lap showed that she was facing a similar internal struggle that he was. That was either very good, or very poor, since it was doubtful that if either one of them broke down that the other would be willing to stop them. Though she would have to be a nearly insatiable monster to be ready for more after the day she'd had. That sent his mind wondering if she was, and what would that be like if he simply moved his hand down to her thigh and... Harrison, concentrate you daft idiot! It was funny how the voice that berated him for a wandering mind always sounded like one of his uncles. he'd not seen the man in more than twenty years, but it was always him.

He heard her question, and smiled. It was not the deep, penetrating and soul searching question he'd been anticipating.
"Stainless steel actually." He admitted. Like so many of his things, it had been made for him specifically, and suited his needs perfectly. Now, he had a question to ask her. Should he respond in kind, ask a lighter question, or just jump to the penetrating ones? Penetrating... he could think of another way of penetrating- Gods damnit Harrison! Get your mind on track!. It was actually good advice.
"How old were you when you had your first real fight?" He asked. He was honestly curious. Esther seemed to be a scrappy kind of girl, and he wondered how long it had been since she started.

She knew it was an odd question but it was the only thing that came to mind that was also farthest away from what she might have wanted to ask. How long do you think you could last if I were to wiggle my hips? Will you take me to your room and make love to me right now? If I were to slide my hand down a little further would you— All thoughts that she couldn’t even commit to because she was so spent. She was sure they wouldn’t make it passed five questions before her head would come to rest on his shoulder.

His answer actually surprised her. Stainless steel. She though it was odd considering all toothbrushes she knew were made of plastic. But his was stainless steel and she never heard of that before. She found it incredibly odd. Did rich people waste their money on stupid stuff all the time? She wanted to ask him that next but figured that might the equivalent of a slap in the face. So instead, she just nodded her head, stifling back a bit of laughter. Maybe if he knew how outrageous that sounded…

His question to her threw her off guard. She almost said she had never gotten into a fight before when the memory suddenly came back. She went home with a black eye and her teacher called her parents to let them know what her daughter did. It made her smile because of the ridiculousness of which the fight started on. “Um.” She let out a small giggle and shook her head. “I was ten. There was this girl in my fifth grade class who said that Santa Claus didn’t exist. I got really mad. It was during recess too. I told her she was a liar. She was a lot bigger than me too.” Considering that Esther was a chubby kid, that was something too. “Apparently some people don’t like being called liars because then she punched me. And damn, for a fifth grader she punched hard!” It still amazed her to this day to be perfectly honest. “I started crying and then she started laughing. So then I stood up and lunged at her. She was actually afraid of me because I kind of lost my mind. Teachers pulled us back. I kept trying to swing at her. All because of dear old Santa Claus. So really, it’s his fault.” She pursed her lips.

Well, she shared more than she expected to. She certainly wasn’t much of a fighter now. No, now she was too awkward to lay a hand on anyone like that. Unless really provoked, otherwise she couldn’t. Maybe if someone said to her that Santa Claus didn’t exist she just might go bat shit insane all over again.

“What were you like as a teenager?” She got a sort of snippet from Lloyd earlier that evening about Harrison in his college days. But she wanted to know about a little bit earlier.

Harrison contemplated exactly what he could say to her. The initial reaction wasn't wrong, wasn't even a stretch of the truth. He lead with that.
"As a teenager, I was... a problem." he said with a smile. Gods, all of the hell he'd been able to raise, the trouble he'd kicked up... it was almost more than a person could believe. Especially given who he was now. "The most respecatble thing I did was play baseball. I'ts how I got into law school actualy. Special scholarship. When I wasn't doing that, I was finding new and inventive ways to cause a problem for someone. Some fights, some petty vandalism, finding oter ways to scrape together enough money to go drinking on the weekends. Usually ended up selling cigarettes on the side since I could always lift a carton or two from my family." It was as trange thing to be walking this particular path of memory lane.

He'd not put much thought into his family in a long time, let alone actually speaking to them. He'd burned his bridges, and not looked back. His father was probably still living that self-made squalor that he called a home, his uncle probably came by every few years to try and help, only to be shut out by pride and indignation. Gods alone knew what had become of his sister, that girl who had always felt their father was doing what was best for them, even if it was hard to see. Harrison had disagreed when the bruises started to show on his face. But they were in another place now, another world. He had sent his sister enough money to get an education after he'd made it out of law school, firmly under the wing of Lloyd, but he'd never left a way for her to get in touch with him. He'd not wanted to hear that she'd blown the money trying to help their father. He smiled thinly at Esther. That was a little heavier in tone than they seemed to be going towards, and he'd spare her that revelation.
"What is the longest time you've dated a person?" He asked her, cocking an eyebrow. Time to get a little mroe personal.

It was interesting, that’s for sure. She had no idea that when she suggested this game that they both would say so much about the other. Learning more about him, about how he was as a teenager took her for a spin, considering the kind of man he was now. He really did go from bad boy on the bad side of the tracks to established and dignified hotshot lawyer. What a turn around. Then again, if what Mr. Lloyd said was correct, he did well by taking Harrison under his wing. Things worked out well after all. Maybe because things with her and Harrison took off, she would be able to figure things out in her life, maybe land a teaching gig somewhere and things would finally turn around. She didn’t know. She just had this feeling that things were finally looking up.

Her chin lifted when he asked his question. She took in a deep breath. Talk about personal. Really personal. She had to think about this. Esther didn’t try to repress anything but if it was bad, she did her best not to think about it and eventually it sort of just faded into the background. She bit her lower lip. Chad Winstein. Four years, from her senior year to her senior year of college. He made her college years. Until she discovered the truth. Talk about a stab in her gut. Since then, well there had been no one. No one until Harrison. Well that’s embarrassing. But she had to say it. He asked and she was assuming he had been honest with her thus far. She owed him the same courtesy.

“My high school sweetheart, Chad Winstein, four years. We were always pretty close buds all throughout high school. Finally got together at homecoming senior year.” She pursed her lips and then opened her mouth to speak but then shut it. She decided not to explain why it ended. That’d give too much away she wasn’t ready to give away. Like all of her insecurity problems.

Change the subject. Change the subject. “How old were you when you lost your virginity?” She blurted it out. Anything to change the subject about her ex. Oy, she really did pull that one out of her ass. She blushed and looked down, her fingers wringing together.

Four years, Harrison weighed the amount of time carefully. Not as long to him, but then, he was nearly forty, it made a difference. For Esther...four years, especially at the end of high school, was a very long stretch of time. Even now, very nearly a sixth of her lifetime. It was nothing to sneer at in the least. he got the feeling from her that there was something she held back, something personal that she decided that she need not share. And that was alright, he had his own vault of secrets that he dipped into only sparingly. Everyone had a right to their own privacy. He question, well, it seemed to almost a knee jerk to change the subject. And that was also fine. And the subject... well, that ws a fast leap into penetrating questions. Penetrating... We've been over that, let it go right now...

"Let's see...there was...no...no...not that one either...ah yes, it was Amanda Sue! That would makes me.." He forwned in concentration. It was hard to recall exactly. It had been so long after all. "...aobut fifteen I think." He nodded, confirming more to himself than anything. "I'd known her for what felt like forever. She was the dtraight laced one, the one everyone knew was going somewhere. And then she was at a party, and had a few extra drinks, and one thing led to another." He filled in the gaps, just remembering how things had been going, and recalled how it had been rather...different than he'd imagined it happening. But it was a good memory. Both of their first times, and while it was nervous, inexperienced, and little awkward at points... it had been kind of sweet actually, and had given them both a good memory.

But it was his question.
"What was your most embarrassing crush you've had?" He asked her. He hoped it didn't end up being him. That would just be...strange, given how they were sitting.

Her eyes widened when he said fifteen. Holy cow! She was in college when she lost hers but that was only because she was so—well not iffy—nervous about it and Chad was always so understanding. She should have figured no actual boyfriend of almost two years would be understanding that he and his girlfriend weren’t having sex. They did other stuff, but as far as the actual deed, she had always been nervous. It had little to do with the fact of her body, since she had reduced her weight immensely by that point, borderline size twelve when they got together. Needless to say, she actually looked in a dress for homecoming. The first dress she ever wore out in public. But it should have been an instant giveaway of what Chad was doing. That’s why he never pressured her. He had it in college. With other girls. The Chad she knew in high school, died and went to a fraternity freshman year of college. She was just too late to see it.

Harrison at age fifteen losing his then. Perhaps things were simply done differently. But then if she did the math…it seemed appropriate. It was the eighties after all. All Esther did was smile as he recalled his first time. It sounded so cute. She couldn’t image Harrison being the stud lover that he was now back then. She doubted anyone could be that good at such a young age. It took time. Hell, she wasn’t even sure if she was good enough or good at it. She just…went with the flow.

Most embarrassing crush. She simply looked at him, as if her eyes said the answer enough. Which was interesting considering her position on his lap. But then she looked passed him and thought about it. She did have that crush on her American Lit. teacher her junior year. He had an ear piercing. He was super laid back and chill, a lot older than her too but he had that something about him that she found so attractive. Then she thought back to her second year of college, her psych professor. The guy was almost sixty-five but maybe it was because he often joked about handing out good grades for sexual favors or just the way he carried himself. He was so attractive. Or she was just that weird…

Clearing her throat, she decided to go with her first intuition and not tell Harrison about her crushes on two educators. He might…misunderstand. Looking back at him, she just smiled and then lowered her chin. “You.” She then grinned and shrugged her shoulder. “Especially now.” She arched her back which at the same time pushed her hips into his. She was teasing him. It was fun. Especially since she knew neither of them would be up for a second round. Didn’t mean she wasn’t up to teasing him. She just might always want to do that. Especially if it made him do…

Of course it dawned on her that she didn't ask him a question. She kind of didn't want to. Mood changes and all. It happens. Especially when Esther was trying her luck in teasing Harrison Trenton. She was curious what would happen. That in itself was a kind of question, an unspoken one that is.

"Me then is it?" He asked her, deciding to actually find some way of returning the teasing nature of her. Moving on his lap like that, it was more than an invitation, it was a deliberate act to try and get a reaction from him. This woman was aware of the effect she tended to have on him, and was using that to her advantage. "Do I...embarrass you Eather Martin?" He asked, running a finger along her cheek. "Is that how it is?" He murmured to her faintly, getting an arm around her midsection, and gave her a questioning, amused look.

Oh, he knew she was holding a few things back, each answer did spawn a few questions of their own. But when she didn't actually ask another question, he got the impression that she might have changed her mind about this little game. Whether she was becoming uncomfortable with the depth of questions that he was asking, or learning more about him than she'd wanted to, it was hgard to tell. Or that she'd just decided that she would rather simply flirt and be a tease before sleeping was also certainlly a possibility. She was doing a fine job of keeping him on his toes, and not letting him grow too complacent. However, she was gainign a little mroe initiative than he felt was fair, adn needed to regain some ground. He released her midsection, and slid his hands under her legs, adn lifted as he stood, carrying her into the air with him.

He worked to maintain a good upper body strength, and Esther wasn't overly heavy. Fortunately, despite the claims of the women from the firm, she wasn't looking starved either. She had a little meat on her, which was an upside to Harrison. He preferred a woman with some mass, that didn't look like she'd bow away in a stiff breeze. And He felt that Esther had found the excelent point between carrying too much weight, and looking scrawny. However, he knew that there was no way to bring such a thing to her attention without it sounding like he was being either patronizing, or insulting. So he'd simply enjoy the look she carried, and keep his silence.

Her breathing hitched. She didn’t know why. No, that’s a lie. She knew exactly why. Because even when she tried to maybe possibly one-up him, he found some way to cover his tracks and proceed ten steps of her, leaving her to be a melted puddle of mush. She swallowed hard and opened her mouth to speak, to explain a little bit, in a way to keep this back and forth little teasing game they have going on and take it even further but she found her voice was nowhere to be found. No, it melted along with her and she pooled with desire. Fuck, she was tired as hell and still a little bit inebriated from all the drinking. They could not do this. Not again. She was pretty sure if they did one more time, there was no way she was leaving Harrison’s bed tomorrow.

Swallowing hard, she opened her mouth to speak, thinking she’d find the confidence in her and in her voice enough to speak but before she could, Harrison soon stood and took her with him. Her hands scurried around his neck to hold on but found she didn’t really need to. Harrison held onto her well as if she weighed nothing. She weighed something alright and the ladies at the firm were exaggerating quite a bit. She didn’t look starved, she was smaller than she normally liked to be, though two sizes hardly count since she was an eight when she graduated from college and since her time at the firm and The Spot, she had been going up and down. Never passed a ten. But she had gone down several times, too much than she liked. So in their own, the women at the firm were right about her being starved but not so much because her body reflected it. More like deprived.

“Mr. Trenton.” She whispered finally, her hazel eyes stuck on his gray ones. Such a pretty shade too and it was easy to get lost in them. “W-What are you doing?” Her heart pounded. He was too unpredictable, too much so for her own comfort. She remained calm but the raised temperature of her skin, the flushed color on her cheeks and the fact that she couldn’t really hear anything more but her pulse pounding in her head and against her chest. She wasn’t calm on the inside. Her body was screaming for him, begging for him and Esther was struggling to hand onto the thin thread. She wanted to fall into the rabbit hole. But she couldn’t let herself fall.

"What I am doing, Miss Martin, is carrying you away." He said, his voice a little teasing. He stepped lightly, easily, over the hardwood, and towards the hall. He took the three steps that led up to the access to the rest of the penthouse. The hall was wide enough for two people to walk down without touching, and he passed several doors before pushing one open. He clicked his tongue loudly, and the lights came on enough to illuminate the room.

A king sized bed dominated one wall, coming up to the knee of Harrison, and covered in a thick layer of blankets. it was made immaculately, each pillow in place, and the covers pulled tightly across the mattress. He carried Esther to the bed, and set her down gently on it.
"And I am putting you to bed." He told her playfully. he leaned down, adn put a gentle kiss on her forehead, beofre stepping back. After all, he'd need to prepare for bed as well. Esther's inexperience in playing the teasing game was clear, but she kept trying which harrison found immensely encouraging, she didn't simply give up. A determined woman was a good thing in his mind. One who would keep going even when things looked like they weren't going well. Of all the traits she could possess, that one was one he was glad to she had.

She detected the teasing connotation of his voice and his tone and she worried her lip immensely. She didn’t know what he was thinking and in this very moment as he carried her and led them both to wherever—his bedroom no doubt—she wished she had the ability to read minds so she could read his. It’d give so much insight to the man he really was. The game they played gave little tidbits. She didn’t stop it in her own way because she was learning too much or having to say more than she bargained for. No, neither of those. She stopped it because it reached that point where it became a moot point and she was venturing onto better and bigger things. Wink. Wink.

He took her down this large hall and it only further proved to show just how big and grand his entire place was. Heh, big and grand, just like Harrison… She thought naughtily, having to bite her lower lip as she looked passed his shoulders to suppress a cheeky grin from appearing.
Soon, lights surrounded them, bringing them into light out of the darkness and her eyes widened at the vast living space around her. Good lord, his bedroom as the size of her apartment. She wanted to be embarrassed, ashamed even but given her current place in his arms, she didn’t let it sink in. Instead, she was more into this man. She found that whatever she learned from him so far—granted it was still early to truly tell—from what Lloyd said and then to their little game, she just liked more and more. She liked knowing the kind of transformation he made from his youth to now. She knew that she would have probably still liked Harrison if she knew him when he was younger. There was just so much not to like. How could she resist him?

Her hands splayed out in back of her when he deposited her down on the foot of his bed and she looked up at him, her eyes closing for a moment to the tender kiss to her forehead. It warmed her heart. Lord, she was going to fall for this man and she already knew it’d be her biggest downfall, one she might not come back from. She had no idea how exactly she just knew it’d be extreme. Harrison wasn’t simple. He didn’t scream simple. He had complex, extreme and underestimated written all over him. He was dangerous. Oh so dangerous. Esther just didn’t know how exactly.

“You’re putting me to bed.” She repeated what he said, never taking her eyes off of him. Her head then cocked to the side and she blinked her eyes. That sentence itself left so much to interpret. What did he mean by that? Was he going to do something? Or was he making her think he was going to do something when really he wasn’t going to?

Pushing herself off the bed to stand, she rose and clasped her hands in front of her. “What do you do to go to bed?” Her routine? She simply disposed of her clothes and plopped down on her bed. Though that was usually because when she wasn’t working at The Spot, she was usually at home, in her own little hole or hanging with Abby and both of those used to result in drinking. She wasn’t an alcoholic. She simply enjoyed her wine because…well because she could. She didn’t always drink, she didn’t always wake up hung over. Just often. Maybe it was a problem. But right now she was sure that her drinking wouldn’t be her downfall. Harrison would be.

Harrison smiled, listening to her. Oh, the answers he could give to that question! What was his night routine. Wel, sometimes I make a call to my seedier employees, adn have them peform some task that is both illegal and morally terrifying, then I have a shot of scotch, and sleep. Obviously he knew that was not the right tack to go this night. He turned to face her directly, his suit jacket hanging off of one arm.
"Normally? Lighten the load of my clothing, and crawl into bed for a good nights sleep. When I have an attractive young woman in my bedroom." He stepepd close to her, leaning down, putting himself very close to her. "I normally sped the time to divest her of her clothing, adn then spend a few hours making, sweet, mind-bending love to her." He barely whispered to her this last, his face moveing past hers, and coming beside her head, his mouth barely a few inches from her ear. "And if she's lucky, I spend some real effort on her, like I did in the office. And the elevator." His voice was quiet, husky, close enough that his breath was on her ear. He shifted, and very gently ran teeth along the lobe of her ear. He stepped back then.

"But as we've already done simlar things tonight, I imagine we'll aim more for the typical routine, though with you beside me, rather than alone." He said to her calmly, his tone normal. As he removed his tie, and set it aside. he had the amusing notion that Esther may either attack him in demands that she be given proper service after a tease like that, or simply lift a lamp and batter him into unconsciousness for his temerity to taunt her like that. He already had it in mind to make it up to her in the morning. An excellent breakfast, And a rather...unique wake up call might help soothe her. Or she might simply be turned on enough that she would be unable to find proepr sleep for awhile. Either way, there was little he could do save wait and see. With that thought, he put his shirt on a hanger, and slid it aside.

She remained as calm as calm could be as he turned to her and she was fed a full on teasing torture routine from Harrison Trenton, sex god. She swallowed hard and felt her cheeks heat up so much and go so red, she was sure she looked like a burst ripened tomato. Her hands at her sides eventually clench into fists as his hot breath found her ear, tantalizing her even further and her knees nearly buckled from the melting feeling that gushed through her body. She pooled with desire between her legs and was almost about ready to beg him to do just that and more! But then he stepped back and all she heard was her heart beating rapidly against her chest and in her head and then the realization sunk in.

Fucking. Bastard. She wanted to scream, grab something and hurl it at him and attack him and just go bat shit insane. He did that to her! He honestly and genuinely did and he knew it too. He knew the effect he had on her which only made it worse. It took her a moment before she slowly lowered her bum back down on the foot of the bed. “Oh.” Was all she said, watching with almost wide eyes as he began to undress and get ready for bed. She felt frozen yet she knew if she were to stand suddenly and undress as well, she was going to either fall or attack him.

Esther waited, shifting and averting her gaze from him and around the room. He stunned her into silence and while she wanted to hurl something at him—namely herself—she remained still and not saying a word. She stood after a few moments finally and then walked away from the bed and towards the bathroom. She slipped in and shut the door behind her and locked it before leaning back on it and ran her hands over her face, feeling just how hot her face was. Her entire self felt so hot that her eyes drifted longingly to the shower but she stayed away. Instead, she went to the sink and opened the tap, splashing ice cold water onto her face, gasping at the impact of it and contrast to her flushed skin. She repeated this a few times before turning the water off and looking at herself in the mirror, droplets of water falling from her face. She sighed softly and shook her head, smiling to herself as she grabbed a wash cloth and dried her face. “Cheeky bastard.” She scoffed before she unlocked the door and walked out, starting to unbutton her shirt.

“Do you have something I can sleep in?” She returned after a few moments of stunned silence, speaking again and as if he hadn’t affected her one bit. She had no panties on, she wanted to jump him and go to the moon with him and she knew she wouldn’t get a blink of sleep until she had some sort of satisfaction, as if what happened all day today wasn’t enough. It hadn’t been. With Harrison, it never would be. “Because someone kind of ripped my panties.” She raised her brow at him and her lips twitched in suppressing a smile.

Back
Top Bottom