Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

A Game of Thrones. I only have three weeks left with the show so I am keeping it going by reading all five books. Maybe when I am done book 6 and 7 will be out.
No, the book will ruin the show for you! The books are so much better, to the point that I can barely stand watching the show this last season. (The only thing in the show that is better is teh Brienne X Tormund relationship. Oh, and Cersei, Lena Hadley is incredible, and I get why they've increased her role in all things.)

*Leaves before she can go on a rant about the whole "Jon Snow is really Aegon Targaryean" thing*

I am slowly re-reading Terry Pratchett for two years now, not really in order, but randomly :) It's Fifth Elephant currently which is hilarious.

Simone de Beauvoir, the Blood of others. I read it because of the movie (yeah yeah). The storyline I was interested in in the movie actually isn't much developed but the style and the story are unputdownable. The French summary says it is the story of a Resistant couple, the girl falls in love with a high ranking German and has to prove herself loyal to the resistance by hiding a weapon in the German headquartser - I disagree it is as simple as her "falling in love" since he's the one pursuing constantly but ok. The book has many layers and is very deep.

Actually reading schindler's list right now, seen the movie but always wanted to read the book

I picked up a nice handful of books at a used library sale today, but currently I'm reading Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing by Jed McKenna inbetween Ward chapter releases.

It's really interesting, especially if you come from mainstream spirituality circles.

Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee.

I'm really digging the space opera aspects, but I think I'd prefer if he called it straight up magic rather than maths. I've seen a few technical terms tossed around but not in a way that makes sense, and familiar jargon being used improperly breaks immersion for me. But the plot and characters are otherwise spot-on, and I've picked up the second book to continue with.

Re reading the Cirque Du Freak series, good series that inspired a terrible movie - The vampire’s assistant (seriously, anyone who read the books, John C Riley? Really?!)

Re reading the Cirque Du Freak series, good series that inspired a terrible movie - The vampire’s assistant (seriously, anyone who read the books, John C Riley? Really?!)

I read those years ago and loved them - I fully agree with how awful the movie was too!

I'm currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, I finished the Mistborn series by him recently and really enjoyed it so started the next set of books - they're massive.

Just finished "West & East", the 2nd book in the The War That Came Early series by Harry Turtledove. Good read, especially for WW2 fans, but also for anyone interested in alternate history scenarios. I mean, if you like that, chances are that you have already heard about Turtledove already. I recommend it.

Coup de Grace. Both a movie and a book. It's devastatingly dark, psychological and depressing. Basically. Girl falls in love with German officer occupying her family estate, who doesn't give a shit. Girl joins resistance out of spite while her brother is on the other side. The ending.... I'm not spoiling.

Back
Top Bottom