The Whomping Willow (Kiandra_Black & Greeneyed23)

Dead eyes looked back at him as she passed him the letter Prof. Dumbledore had given her. Within it's words, her father told her that her favorite aunt and cousins had been slaughtered and dismembered, their home burned to the ground.

Cleo was broken inside, she didn't want comfort, she wanted revenge, and death to atone for her family's loss. She knew it wasn't right, so she simply hugged Brandon, and said quietly, "Don't let me go."
Dark magick seemed to form patterns around her as her emotions looked for an outlet.

He wrapped around her protective and strong. "Never while my heart beats my love."

He held her like that for a long while then turned her face up to his own. "What would you say if I offered to give you two lessons. one on how to cleanse your body of this anger, and the other to power your magic? Not to forget the loss or your desire for vengeance. But to purify it so when the time comes you are not acting out of mad fury but with cold precision striking those responsible with unerring accuracy and perfection. And it will make what happened to your loved ones seem as nothing."

He studied her face. He loved her dearly but he knew he also had to keep her on this side of the dark arts she knew so well otherwise one day he would have to kill or capture her. He did not think he could bear that. Especially if as they both intended they wed and perhaps one day had children. Not to mention that he was not certain which of them would prevail. He knew his powers and he knew much of hers but he had never deluded himself into thinking she had shown him everything, and he certainly didn't assume she would hold back if she felt he had betrayed her. He had seen her fury. Now he sought to guide it if possible. He hoped as he studied her facing silently begging her to accept his offer and aid. To stay with him not to follow the path of darkness.

She looked up at him and nodded, knowing that she would fall into darkness if she didn't allow him to help her.

"Yes, please..." her eyes looked up tiredly, and the last bit of energy in her body disappeared, as she slumped in his arms. She grimaced and asked, "Can we sleep first?"

Her head felt like it had been beaten in with a sledgehammer, and her eyes were tight and dry from unshed tears. All she wanted to do, was curl up in Brandon's arms and sleep the grief away.

As if he sensed his mistress' grief, Skyfall appeared, winding his body through her legs to meow up at her in question.

Brandon scooped her up, kissed her forehead and nodded. "of course darling." he made sure skyfall was snuggled into her arms, tight against her chest, then took her up to their room, where he locked the door then magicked away their shoes and socks and more restrictive clothing then lay on the bed still holding her close.

He covered them up and set to stroking her hair as he held her to his chest, his back to the door protecting her as always. The owls settled on the bedposts and hooted tenderly as Skyfall purred against her chest and neck.

She cuddled closer, and took a breath before being hit with sobs. She cried into his chest, letting go of all the poison that was building up inside her. Skyfall purred consolingly against her as she buried her head into Brandon's chest.

After what seemed like hours, she felt her tears slow, and it wasn't long before she was asleep, slipping from wakefulness into dreams, that were more joyful than reality.

Skyfall curled up next to her and slept as well, as the day began to darken into night.

Brandon did not speak did not try to 'fix' it. He just held her and let her cry, though he did carefully magic away the puddle of tears and the other remains of such a hard cry, and also made sure a small subtle spell worked to soothe her eyes, nose, and throat, as well as the rest of her body but it only healed the more intense effects as they arose, waiting until she slept before truly soothing her, sparing her the headache, the sore eyes, the roughened throat and nose, and the pained chest that came from a heavy cry.

He kept her close comfortable and safe the whole night, not sleeping. He was also watching for her dreams to shift. He doubted they would but he would be ready if they did.

Near dawn, her dreams did shift, along the line of nightmares, and she twitched against him. She shook her head, trapped within the nightmare. Skyfall mewed worriedly, as both owls awoke and watched from the top of the bed posts.

Hogwarts closed the room up, giving them time as Prof. Dumbledore heard the castle and nodded, a grave look on his face.

Within the nightmare, Cleo was fighting for her life, trying to get to Brandon's limp body, as Voldemort played with her like a cat does with a mouse. Powerful waves of magick began to slough off her body, although it didn't injure Brandon or their pets. Her body arched against Brandon as another wave pulled away from her.

Brandon did not push or even touch her more than he was. He simply leaned in to her ear and gave a loud sharp popping noise right into her ear, knowing it would snap her false reality of the dream. words would have been twisted by the dream, his touch would have been used as an attack. but this sharp pop was so very Brandon, he did it to the Marauders, Lily, Sev and even her lovely self on rare occasions, often enough that they all knew it solely to belong to a living breathing Brandon, though no one had managed to figure out how he made it both so sharp or so loud.

He had told Cleo of course. He simply closed his lips wet them then exhaled while keeping his lips shut until he could feel the pressure building then he would open his lips suddenly while flashing his tongue down from his palate rapidly producing an echoing pop. he also used it to get attention when whistles or shouts would not do and had even startled Dumbledore with it during an announcement when James had been trying to light Sev's robes on fire.

That pop settled her within his arms, and a couple minutes later, she opened her eyes sleepily. She curled into his side, and lifted her head so she could kiss him deeply, letting her tongue come out to lightly trace the seam of his lips, begging for entrance. She needed him close, if for a moment, but she didn't want sex, she simply wanted the intimacy of their relationship.

After a few minutes of kissing, she finally laid back, looking up at him, her eyes half lidded and soft with the early morning glow of the sun which shone through the window. Skyfall purred against her neck, as Hogwarts reopened their rooms to the rest of the castle.

He granted her entrance, running his tongue along hers and smiling as he gently stroked her spine his eyes gleaming as he watched her. "My beautiful Cleo." his hand gently cupped her face, his fingers resting on her neck and in her hair, while his thumb ran softly over her cheek.

Skyfall licked her neck and Brandon's fingers for a moment then snuggled back into his place.

Cleo smiled slowly, and then cuddled closer. Thankfully, the two still had a couple more hours to sleep, before school started.

When it was time to get up, Cleo slid from the bed, yawning, and walked to the wardrobe. She dressed quickly, and then braided her hair up and then slipped out to the kitchen to make herself some tea.

She sipped it slowly, looking out the window, watching the sun paint the forest gold. A soft mist began floating around the trees and Merlin flew to her shoulder, hooting quietly. She reached up to give him a scratch.

Brandon had finally drifted off when she had settled down and was still sleeping now, with Skyfall curled into a ball on his chest.

As if summoned by the pleased trilling of the owl, professor Dumbledore came in. "Ahh Miss Gale. Just who i hoped to see. I came to tell you that you and Mr. Krissin are excused from classes today. I do not wish to inflict further pain upon you by forcing you through some rather insensitive remarks by some of your classmates." That he had already punished those responsible he did not mention.

He started to ask for Brandon then smiled seeing him. "And perhaps it would be best if we allowed Mr. Krissin his rest. Ms. Evans has asked to be excused as well and I have decided that it will be up to you. Mr. Snape also sends his regards and concerns but it seems he and Mr. Potter have gotten into another row so they will be cleaning the Great Hall together. Mr. Black as well."

He smiled at her kindly. "Is there anything i can personally do Miss Gale? Apart from offering my deepest condolences." He waited patiently smiling as Merlin nuzzled into his mother protectively.

Cleo looked at him and nodded, saying, "Thank you sir. I appreciate it."

She followed his look into the bedroom and smiled softly at the view of her beloved asleep still. She smiled at Dumbledore and nodded, "Lily can join me here, in about an hour or two. It'll be nice company, and she'll take my mind off of more depressing thoughts. Thank you again."

Cleo rolled her eyes at hearing that the three BOYS had gotten into another fight. She thought they had gotten better, but obviously, not good enough. She would be speaking to them later. She was also going to have to find one of her spies and figure out who was speaking kindly of Voldemort's last attack. Those who were would find themselves in a world of pain.

Cleo smiled at Dumbledore and said, "There is nothing sir. The condolences are enough. Thank you again."

Dumbledore nodded. "I will have to ask that you not punish the young men any further. They have caused enough damage. Simply allow them to be. I shall alert Ms. Evans to your decision. My regards to Mr. Krissin and once again you have the condolences of myself and the whole faculty."

He lightly touched her arm and squeezed then nodding he turned and walked out of the room.

Brandon and Skyfall we still cuddled together asleep, both still tired from comforting Cleo, unaware of the visit, though both had stirred away from the door when it opened.

Merlin hotted softly and nuzzled his mother again then looked towards the other owl who was also sleeping.

Cleo watched Prof. Dumbledore walk out and sighed in frustration. It was much harder being light than dark, but it was a battle well fought for and very worth it if she was allowed to spend it with Brandon.

She wrote a note down and then asked, "Merlin, could you send this to the elves? They'll bring breakfast by when Lily is here." The owl hooted in response and spread his wings, sailing out the door, which she held open for him.

Once closed, she walked back to bed, snuggling in and under Brandon's arm, facing him before placing light kisses all over his face and throat. With that simple act of intimacy done, she smiled to herself and fell back asleep for another hour, finding it better to sleep than to simply wait for Lily to show up.

Brandon did not wake merely wrapped about her drawing her close and smiling as she kissed him. Skyfall stretching and wriggled then settled back down.

When Merlin settled onto his father's arm and trilled then swatted his father on the head hooting happily. Brandon opened a single eyes glaring at the owl. "Keep it up beakboy. I still wanna know what owl tastes like."

Merlin trilled and Brandon sighed peeking over Cleo's neck and shoulder to see breakfast. he smiled and shook his arm and nudged the cat displacing both, though Skyfall was slower in rising but he did going to the edge of the bed and laying back down while Brandon gently stroked his lover's hair and face then cupped her cheek and kissed her. "Time to wake my love. The food is ready."

Cleo slowly awoke in his arms, smiling as she felt Skyfall make his way down the bed, his soft paws pressing down lightly. She sat up, and noticed breakfast on the side and smiled. A quick breath refresh spell, and she was ready to eat, kissing Brandon lightly in greeting.
"Good morning love. Did you sleep well?"

She pulled a plate over, and passed it to him, saying, "Dumbledore gave us the day off. The teachers will send us our missed work tonight, and Lily will be coming over to visit in a bit."

He nodded. "I slept very well." He took the plate and set to business quickly his eyes bright, and as ever locked upon her.

"Very well then. How are you feeling my love?" He reached out stroking her cheek and neck lovingly. His eyes held his love and his concern for her pain while his hand sought to comfort and abate.

"Any specific plans for today Cleo?"

"Nothing really. I think Lily and I will pamper ourselves for a bit, if that's all right with you. I sent her a note before coming back to bed. What do you want to do?" Cleo asked as she ate, eating only a little bit. Her stomach was not feeling too well, with all the emotional upheaval from yesterday, so she only ate a small bowl of oatmeal and dry toast, along with a morning tea instead of coffee.

Arista hooted as she flew down to her mistress' level, and begged for a piece of toast, which Cleo broke off absentmindedly for her, before the owl returned to her perch. Cleo looked over at her as Arista settled down, and smiled before turning to look at Merlin.
"Want some?" She asked, extending a piece to him as well. The male owl flew down gracefully, landing gently on her arm, keeping his talons from digging in as he nipped up the toast. She grinned as he hooted his thanks and went to join Arista.
Skyfall, feeling neglected, padded up and curled himself into Brandon's lap, knowing he had the bacon.

Brandon considered the question while he fed Skyfall the fat from his bacon and stroked the cat's tummy.

"I think Master Skyfall and I will watch that new replay spell my mother sent us of the the Quidditch World Cups. It's supposed to have several other things in it as well so Skyfall may find something he likes more. Merlin will likely join you and Lilly, he's such a mama's boy."

Merlin hooted then purred as Brandon tossed him some more bacon which he snatched out of the air, followed by some for Arista. "Anything I can do to help you ladies with your pampering?"

"Expand the bath tub to make a hot tub for us both. I can never get that spell right." Cleo said, smiling at him as Merlin landed on her shoulder. She scratched his stomach and grinned at him.

As she finished breakfast, giving the rest of the toast to Merlin, and heard Lily knocking on the door. "I'll be right back."

Brandon rolled his eyes. "please. You just don't wanna pick up your wand." he swiped hers and gestured at the tub lazily which did indeed expand without trouble. he lay her wand back down, scooped up Skyfall, made sure his pants were tied off tightly then settled onto a couch with the odd little device, a black 3d rhombus which he lay on a side table while he and Skyfall snuggled together and Arista chose to join them as the shape began to shine and a large screen like image rose out of it and at a gesture from Brandon the first ever Quiddtich world cup began to play before them.

Brandon studied everything silently but stroked Skyfall's tummy, inducing happy purrs, and Arista's head and shoulders, drawing out soft happy trills from the owl, while both animal's eyes watched the action captivated. the rapid motion both interested and soothed them easily and as the sound was magically given only to Brandon at his intent the cheers and other sounds did not frighten the pair.

Brandon did have it effectively mute however as he wanted to relax not get worked up and it was always the sound that drew him into the matches, so when Lilly entered he welcomed her with a growling. "Do try to behave Evans. And don't fill my lady with too many insane ideas."

"Now why would you think I'm the one with the insane ideas?" Lily asked as she breezed past him and headed to the bedroom where Cleo was waiting for her on the doorway. "Hi sweetie! Come on, I got Brandon to change the tub. We can sit and relax."
"Fun." The two shared grins and disappeared into the bathroom, changing into bathing suits before sinking into the hot tub. The two females gossiped about the school quietly, each girl laughed at what the other said.

After a bit, they got out, using a drying charm before dressing in fluffy robes and putting on mud masks on their faces. They made funny faces, until the mud dried, freezing the face within. The two started laughing so hard that Merlin had to take a double take. He hooted and tilted his head, which made the girls laugh even harder.

A few minutes passed before both girls lay on their backs on the bed, taking a breath. "Thank you Lily."

"You are welcome Cleo."

Cleo smiled and then both went to wash their faces before they walked out and into the living room. "How's the game going?"

"Because you are the mad one who tends to come up with insane ideas." he said it without venom, but also without any doubt.

Brandon did not answer. He, Skyfall, and Arista had all fallen asleep as they had changed viewing choice to a concert by the London Symphony Orchestra. It was beautiful relaxing music.

He stirred at her question though and he and Skyfall both growled in their sleep. Merlin gently squeezed his mother's shoulder and hooted softly while nuzzling her.

The two girls laughed quietly, and Cleo grabbed a blanket and placed it over Brandon and Skyfall, before they headed to the small kitchen to make lunch. They decided on Spanish rice and beans, and pork chops, and easily got to work, moving around each other with the easy camaraderie of good friends.

The scents began to fill the small living space, and Skyfall woke up and abandoned his father to see what his mother was making. The food, cooked and ready, sat in small heated bowls to stay warm, as Lily and Cleo went over homework and studied. Cleo was watching Lily as she practiced a spell that would start a small fire, and was at the ready in case the fire spread out of control.

Back
Top Bottom