Discovering Young Love ~ { For Ryuu and Raeona } ~

"Still... We wouldn't have been able to do it if you didn't show up right on time." She said, blushing nervously as she felt his hand in hers. Hearing him ask about the day, she glanced up at the sky and smiled a little, nodding her head. "Y-Yeah, it's good to have a nice day when the conditions are so bad" She said softly, looking over to him happily

Naruto smiled brightly as he looked up slightly and couldn't help but agree with Hinata that it definitely was a wonderful break from the regular stress of the recent fight and the new stress of rebuilding. Naruto simply walked with Hinata in silence for a while after Hinata spoke. After a small pause Naruto turned to Hinata and said to her "H-Hey Hinata... Ummm a-about what you said back then... When Pein had captured me..." Naruto began to trail off as he strangely felt his usual courage fading slightly and in an effort to bring his usual strength to the surface he said "D-Did you really mean that?"

Hinata glanced over to him, and when she heard him ask about her confession, she blushed deeply and looked down. "Y-Yeah, of course I meant it" She said softly, shyly letting her hair fall in front of her face to hide it. "I'd hoped you'd forgotten about that"

Naruto began to blush ever so lightly as Hinata spoke and naruto turned away from Hinata and said almost in a whisper "Y-Yeah but... But I don't wanna forget something like that Hinata... That's the first time..." Naruto looked doen at the ground while still keeping his head up and almost light-hearted he said "That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me..." As naruto said this, he grasped Hinata's hand with both of his and placed himself in front of her and he looked up at Hinata with a wide grin and happily said "I don't ever want to forget that Hinata!"

Hinata blinked in surprise as he moved in front of her. His words made her blush nervously and she squirmed a bit. "O-Okay" She said nervously, though she still wondered if he thought that was a good thing or if he felt awkward at all because of it and was just happy to know someone felt that way.

Naruto blushed strongly as he realized what he had just said without really thinking as he looked at Hinata and let go of her hand he realized he had kept hold of and tried to laugh it off. Naruto felt so unsure yet again of what to do. Naruto looked at Hinata and didn't know what to say now, he simply gazed at her and placed his left hand on his head as he said "So I guess I'm saying that I'm glad you meant it because... I-I might like you I guess is what I'm saying..." Naruto looked at Hinata and smiled gently as he said "You've always been there Hinata. Even when we were still kids you were always there and you believed in me and actually inspired me to keep working harder. Even when you fought neji. I guess I just never realy thought about it before." Naruto took his hand off his head and looked endearingly at Hinata and he said "So maybe to tonight could be a date? O-or something? I've never done something like this before hehe so I guess I'm a little nervous" naruto smiled as he laughed quietly.

Hinata stared at him for a while, unsure of how to respond. Biting her lip, she squirmed a bit and glanced to the ground "I-I umm..." She said nervously, her heart racing nervously. "O-Okay" She said, blushing deeply as she looked to the ground. It was hard to believe that he was actually saying that, that this was really happening to her.

As naruto heard Hinata agree it was as if a huge weight was lifted off his chest. Naruto smiled wide as he realized what was just said and still unsure of what was happening or what to do he said "G-Great! S-So uuuh what do you wanna do now? It's almost noon, so we can really do anything you want to Hinata." Then Naruto quickly added "U-unless you're not feeling good. I-I mean I wouldn't want you tiring yourself out the day of your recovery..." Naruto placed his left hand on his head and rubbed his head with it as he smiled nervously at Hinata.

"It's okay, I'm feeling a lot better" She said softly as she looked up at him "Well, why don't we go get food?" She asked, tilting her head to the side a bit and blushing as she looked to the ground shyly. "I mean, you're usually hungry a-and I know you like ramen, so why don't we go and get some of that?"

Naruto's face became incredibly eager as Hinata suggested they get ramen right now and he smiled and said "Y-Yeah! That sounds great Hinata. So lets uh let's get heading to the ramen shop I guess." Naruto nervously reached down with his right hand and grabbed hold of Hinata's soft and delicate hands, however... This time it felt different that before. He was nervous just slightly before, but now when he held her in his grasp he felt a strange rush of hear and euphoria overwhelm his body. Naruto couldn't understand this at the time but he did realize he definitely felt different about Hinata then he'd ever felt about anyone else. As all of this went through Naruto's mind he began to lead Hinata down to the ramen shop for some lunch, still keeping a slow pace but this time he did it to savor his time with Hinata, rather than to just let her take it slow, while that was still on his mind.

Hinata blushed deeply as he put her hand in his, making her gulp nervously. It wasn't too long until they reached the ramen shop, having been just recently rebuilt. Stepping in, she shyly slipped up onto a stool and ordered herself a smaller bowl of ramen, hungry but not far too much so.

As Naruto walked inside the newly rebuilt ramen shop he nervously sat down next to Hinata and ordered a very large ramen, as if his ramen represented just how nervous he had become durring the walk to the shop as what was happening sank in for him. As he ordered he then sat blushing aggressively, having never been on a date or even with a girl like Hinata who felt like she did while he was aware of it. Naruto sat with a nervous face and said "S-So...H-Hinata, y-you're looking a lot better now you know? N-not that you didn't look good before! I-I just mean that..." Naruto's voice slowly got quieter as he said "I didn't like having to see you hurt is all..." As Naruto's sentence faded out the old man chuckled quietly as he said "Here's your ramen kids"

Hinata looked up and thanked him, pulling her ramen over before looking over to Naruto. "Th-Thank you" She said, blushing slightly and getting her chopsticks ready before beginning to eat. "I'm still sorry for disobeying you" she said nervously, glancing at him. "I'm glad you're okay though.

Naruto quickly took up his chopsticks and began to eat his ramen as he listened to Hinata speak. after she finished he chuckled almost lightheartedly and said "Haha... No don't be sorry Hinata... I wish you hadn't been hurt is all..." Naruto's face began to change as he spoke, and he began to look a little sad as he said "And that it didn't take all of this for you to be able to tell me how you feel..." After speaking Naruto smiled lightly and he began to slowly eat his ramen, blushing lightly all the while.

Hinata blushed and quickly looked down "I figured why not? I wasn't exactly expecting to live..." She said nervously before she began to busy herself with eating her ramen. She was being honest, she wanted him to at least know before she died and she'd honestly thought she was going to die that day... So it kind of came out.

Naruto stopped eating as he heard Hinata speak and stared at his bowl until he turned to Hinata and said with a sad face and voice "H-Hinata... Please don't talk like that. I know you're fine now but... I can't bear the thought of losing you. You've always been important to me..." Naruto had turned to Hinata at this point and he said "But I'm just glad I finally know how you feel now though..." Naruto then placed his right hand on Hinata's left shoulder, smiled softly and continued "So try and stay safe for me from now on ok? Hinata-chan?"

Hinata glanced up at him as he spoke, a slightly surprised expression on her face. He was glad? When he put his hand on her shoulder, she blushed softly and slowly nodded her head "I-I'll do my best Naruto-kun" she said softly, her face pretty red by this point. "S-Sorry" She said, shyly brushing some hair from her eyes before glancing back to her food and finishing it off.

Naruto smiled as he took his hand from Hinata's shoulder and finished his food along with her, only seconds after she did. He placed his chopsticks in his bowl and placed the money on the table as he turned to Hinata and smiled softly at her and he turned slightly so his body would face the outside and offered her his hand, still looking at her, and blushed a a soft dark red as he said "H-Hinata... Do you wanna find a nice place to relax or something? I-I would understand if you wanted to head back to the tents and rest instead" naruto simply looked at Hinata affectionately after he spoke to her.

"I-I wouldn't mind going somewhere, I'm not that tired" She said, blushing and slowly slipping up onto her feet. "Where were you thinking of going?" She asked curiously, tilting her head a bit to the side as she looked up at him, her blush only growing with how he was looking at her. She'd never seen him look at her like that, it was a bit unnerving, but yet... She liked it.

Naruto's smile became what many would call shy as he saw Hinata blush, but he did his best to hide his slight nervousness from seeing Hinata's gentle face become even cuter as she seemed to become nervous. As naruto stood up slowly he smiled at Hinata and he said "I-I was thinking that maybe we could go over to the training area I used to go to on the edge of the village. It was realy nice and calm, and since it was so close to the edge of the village it's pretty much unharmed right now so... So I thought we could just continue our walk there and just ummm h-hang out over there or something" Naruto's face began to turn a soft red on his cheeks as he spoke, asking Hinata somewhere so private. He had no ulterior motives, but realized how it may have sounded as he finished speaking.

Hinata blushed softly and slowly nodded her head, brushing some hair behind her ear "O-Okay, sure" She said, turning to start walking in that general direction. "S-So how're things going with Sakura?" she asked, knowing he'd been after her for so long, and now that he was the village hero, she thought that Sakura might give him the attention he deserved from her.

Naruto's face blushed a deep red as Hinata asked him about Sakura. It was true there was a "shift" in her behavior towards naruto, she had visited him earlier, and he noticed she seemed nicer than usual, but naruto wasn't sure how to respond. He had lived Sakura for years and it wasn't as if his feelings for her had faded with Hinata's confession but... Hinata had always been there, in one way or another, and for some reason he just felt different about her, she seemed cuter and her words had similar impact as sakura's used to, but he felt different about Hinata, it was deeper than what he'd felt before. As all this went through his head Naruto spoke and said "W-Well, she's been acting a little weird since I beat Pein, but... But I'm just glad to be spending some time with you right now Hinata. I-it's nice you know? I-I'm not sure how to feel right now but I'm just really glad you told me what you did. You know? Hinata?"

"W-Well then I'm glad I-I guess" She said, biting her lip slightly as she glanced to the ground. "Well, maybe now Sakura will give you more attention. I-I know you really like her, it's part of the reason why I never said anything about my feelings, I didn't want to ruin anything" She said with a small frown. "I can't believe she doesn't treat you better, she's so mean and you're... W-Well you're just..." perfect she thought. "You're the nicest guy ever" She said, blushing deeply.

Naruto's face began to sync with Hinata's as she unveiled her deeper emotions towards naruto, blushing in nervousness, as he began to blush as he realized what she was saying and became moved in a way he hasn't quite experienced before. As Hinata spoke Naruto stopped walking and he turned to her with a bit of shock and astonishment in his eyes and a look that a wiser man would have known was the beginning of love and he said "H-Hinata... I'm sorry I never saw you this way before... Hearing you talk now... I think I know why I've been feeling so strange lately" Naruto's face became more and more confident as he spoke now and he smiled affectionately and continued to say "I-" he looked down a moment and looked back up with love in his eyes and strength in his face and said "I think I feel the same way about you Hinata"

Hinata stopped walking as he did, wondering what he was doing. Glancing over to him, she tilted her head to the side curiously and rose an eyebrow until he began talking. With his final statement, she blushed deeply and glanced to the ground, unable to figure out what to say to him. "B-But you can't like the me the same way. Y-You like Sakura, you've always liked Sakura" Hinata said nervously, her voice shaking a bit. "Sh-She's pretty, she's strong, she's confident, she's everything you deserve, I-I'm not anything like her at all"

Back
Top Bottom