Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Magic Cure for Lonliness...(cheerio/fandom)

"A little better." Ginny agreed, allowing herself a small smile. She had taken a pause before she spoke. "Last night..." She sighed softly, unsure how best to put it. "Last night was... strange." She shrugged a little then added. "Very strange." She was not going to admit that she knew Hermione had caught her. She was not planning on doing that.

"Strange? In what way?" Hermione raised an eyebrow, looking back over at Ginny and setting her quill down. She hadn't been planning on bringing up last night, having decided it better to just let the matter drop, but now that Ginny had brought it up...well...why not go with it? "What was so strange about it?"

"Crookshanks had a bit of a spasm." She smiled, shrugging. "I didn't exactly epect him to wake you up." She paused then added. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah.....I guess he did didn't he...." Hermione watched Ginny for a few more moments, as if giving her a chance to come clean, before looking back to her book with a silent sigh, picking up her quill and returning to taking her notes.

Ginny had paused then put the quill in her hand down. "Hermione... listen..." She paused. "I'm sorry about last night."

So.....now she had decided to admit it hm? Hermione set her quill back down and once more looked up at the other girl. "Sorry? For what exactly?" Was she sorry for peeking? Sorry for standing on crookshanks? Sorry for lieing about it afterwards? Hermione wanted to know how honest Ginny was going to be with her, so she was going to take her turn to be evasive and vague, wanting Ginny to open up and admit it.

Ginny had swallowed twice before she spoke. "Spying on you." She sounded a little sorry and spoke nervously. "I... still don't know what set Crookshanks off but I am sorry I lied... I just... I thought I heard someone in your room." Well, that was true. She had for a few seconds. "I just... I care about you. A lot."

"So.....you were spying on me hm? Do you mind if I ask why?" Hermione raised an eyebrow, folding her arms as Ginny continued. "You......" She blinked, then sighed slightly. "Ginny....we're very good friends...but...that's all it is, we're just friends Ginny...."

"I know." Ginny spat angrily. "I know." She sounded frustrated. "I just don't want to lose you." The words were honest.

"Ginny....you're not gonna lose anyone. You haven't lost Ron or Harry, they're just.....not here at the moment. I know you're lonely....I am too Ginny....I.....you had Harry and I had Ron....." She rubbed her head slightly. "I miss them too Ginny....I really do"

Hermione blinked, then realisation suddenly seemed to set in. "Ah....I....see...." Ginny was...confused....had gone with Harry because of convention and then come to the realisation that....men weren't for her. "Ginny can I ask you something? Do you.....like girls...?"

"Girls and boys." She had flinched then added. "Please... please don't tell anyone." She was scared that she'd pushed it too far.

"I see....don't worry...I'm not going to tell anyone Ginny" Hermione tried to smile reassuringly. "I'm not in the habit of going around telling everyone people's secrets. It's alright Ginny, you don't need to be scared or upset"

"I see....well.....I...don't really know what advice I can offer but...if there's anything I can do then...let me know alright? Just....promise me you wont spy on me again ok Ginny?" Hermione smiled softly, hoping to get at least that much from the girl. To have her spy was one thing, having her spying and possibly getting off on it...well.....Hermione was a little less happy with that. But still.....for some reason, the thought that she excited someone made her feel rather....proud.

"I... wouldn't spy." She spoke softly. "I didn't mean to before.... I just thought you were in danger..." She spoke softly still, nervously.

"Thought I was in danger? Why would you think I was in danger?" Hermione folded her arms, raising an eyebrow at the rather odd statement. "Come on Ginny, why am I gonna be in danger around here?"

"We're a wizarding family." Ginny shrugged. "Most pures hate us... and you... well, where should I begin?" She fell silent then added. "I don't want to lose you."

"I already told you Ginny, you're not going to lose me" Hermione walked over slowly, reaching out and putting a hand on Ginny's shoulder, squeezing it softly. "Just don't worry alright? I'm not going anywhere"

Angry and scared tears had come to her eyes and she spoke softly. "I'm sorry." The words came wetly now. "I just... I can't stand loosing you."

"Hey hey.....come on....don't cry...." Hermione slowly sat down beside Ginny, putting an arm around the girls shoulders. "You're not going to loose me ok? We'll always be friends ok Ginny?" She rubbed the girls shoulders softly, trying to sound reassuring.

"I...." Hermione bit her lip, rubbing her head with her free hand. "Ginny I can't give you that.....I just....I'm not into girls like that. I'm sorry Ginny....really I am....but I can't be what you want me to be"

Back
Top Bottom