Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Magic Cure for Lonliness...(cheerio/fandom)

cheerio_cherry

Supernova
Ginny Weasley was your typical teenage girl. Well, okay, she was a witch who came from an all wizard and witch family but she was typical in almost every other way. She had brothers and friends... and a boyfriend. Or, she had done. Now he was gone and he'd left her behind to worry about him. She didn't much like that. At all actually. Now she tucked a strand of her long ginger gair out of blue-brown eyes, looking frustrated and attempting to hold back her tears.

She had failed extremely and had eventually run from the room in tears, shutting herself away in the family reading room, angry at herself despite it all. She had never much liked crying and hated that Harry could make her feel that way. She had always wanted to be happy with him and for a few sweet weeks she had been, now she wasn't. Her mother had only made it worse and she found herself longing to talk it out... but she also didn't, afraid of her feelings. Not just for Harry, which made things worse.

Hermione Granger had not been happy as of late. Her two best friends had more or less abandoned her to their own stupidity, having ignored all of her advice and then gone off by their own because it was 'too dangerous'.....the 17 year old girl had never felt so angry before at the two boys....now she was here alone...or nearly alone anyway. Hermione had just caught sight of Ginny running into a room and slamming the door behind her, the faint sound of sobbing coming from the other side of the door.

Slowly, Hermione approached, then knocked softly. "Hello...? Ginny..?" She waited a moment, then pushed the door open, looking in. "Hey Ginny....it's me....are you ok?" Hermione mentally slapped herself almost immediately. Of course the girl wasn't ok, why would she be crying if she was ok? "I....know how you feel.....with them gone like this....."

The sound of a knock had startled her and she took a sharp breath, relaxing only when Hermione entered. She'd thought it was her mother again. Something she had not wanted. "How can you?" The question came harshly, almost angrily before Ginny reined it in, her voice softening as she spoke. "I'm sorry, I just...." Her sigh was softer this time. "I miss them... Ron's my brother and Harry... Harry's one of my best friends." The words came slowly. "He was going to be more... but now... now I don't know if I can deal with that."

Hermione had been expecting the snap of anger....after all she had quite the temper to her. Hermione just smiled softly, walking over to slowly sit beside the younger girl, reaching out and putting a hand on her shoulder. "I know.....I miss them too.....I'm just sorry I couldn't help them more....that I couldn't somehow make them see some sense...." She sighed, shaking her head softly. "Harry and Ron....they're both my best friends....and for a little while I thought me and Ron might have had something....but.....well....somehow I don't think things will work out if they keep acting the way they do.....still...." She squeezed Ginny's shoulder gently. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm here alright?"

The feel of Hermione's hand on her shoulder made her relax, her trust clear. Hermione's words had been soft and sad and she'd felt sorry for the girl, wanting to speak but not sure what to say. When she had finished Ginny smiled and nodded. "Alright." She spoke softly. "Thank you..." She meant it. Something told her things would be better soon. A lot sooner than she had really expected before. She had hesitated. "Do you want something to drink?"

In all honesty, Hermione wasn't really thirsty, but she got the feeling that turning down the younger girls offer would be a bad idea given her fragile emotional state, so Hermione smiled softly and nodded. "I'd love one, thank you" She wanted to be here for Ginny as her friend, right now they were pretty much the only friends the other had. Or at least the only friends that were actually reachable right now. "Want any help with anything? Making the drinks or sorting anything out?"

Ginny had smiled. "Coke alright?" The question was quick and easy, her smile the first proper one in a good long time. She had paused to listen to the rest of Hermione's words and smiled slightly. "Well, if you want you could help me make some sandwiches?" The offer was mild and she smiled slightly, hoping that this new and slightly less tense friendship would work. "Perhaps we could spend a little time together?" The question was mild and hopeful. She didn't dare hope.

"Sure, I'll help you make some sandwhiches, I guess I could use a little something to eat" Again, Hermione wasn't all that hungry, but she didn't want to risk getting the girl upset again, that would just cause more problems for the both of them. The girl stood up, turning to head out of the room so they could make their way to the kitchen for drinks and food, looking over when Ginny asked her next question. "Hm? Sure, we can spend some time together, I think we could both use some company about now right?" This time Hermione really did mean it, she could use someone to talk to....she had spent so much time around Ron and Harry that it was difficult to adjust to being by herself, although she'd spent so much time alone before Hogwarts that it wasn't an unfamiliar sensation. Unwelcome, but not unfamiliar.

Ginny had smiled once at Hermione's first words then again with her second words. She liked it. A lot. Finally she'd have some company. "I guess so." The answer came naturally enough and she found herself still smiling, no matter what happened now she felt happier. As she stood to join Hermione she felt herself relax. Finally she had company, female company. What she hadn't expected was to feel happier than she had with Harry or Ron nearby.

Hermione just went to start gathering what they would need for some snacks whilst Ginny got them both something to drink. "Ok....got the bread....what do you want in your sandwhich Ginny?" Hermione glanced over at the other girl as they moved around the large kitchen. She had studying to do....but that could wait a little while she guessed....at least until Ginny was comfortable by herself again....though the way things were going....well....it seemed that might not be for a while yet....

Ginny had been pouring them both glasses of coke when Hermione spoke. She had looked up to listen to Hermione once she was finished with the drinks. "Cheese could be good." The words were soft as she moved to get them both a few ice-cubes. She had dropped the ice into the glass before returning her gaze to Hermione. "So, I'm guessing you've got a lot of schoolwork?"

"Cheese it is, simple and sweet" Hermione nodded, moving to grab some cheese and starting to slice it for their sandwhiches, glancing over at Ginny when she asked about schoolwork. "Well....you know me, always plenty of school work to do....if I don't have any then I'll end up finding some, just the way I am right?" She smiled, then looked back to the cheese, starting to put the slices onto the thickly sliced bread, though she gave herself a little less cheese than Ginny, not being all that hungry she didn't want to make herself ill after all. "How about you...? Got any work you need to do?"

"Not really." Ginny admitted, shrugging slightly. "I got most of it in." She paused then added. "Except I think I might be flunking potions." Her voice was soft as she spoke, a little sad too. "I guess you just never know when Snape will give you a bad mark..."

(OOC: Bleh, sorry)

((Hm? Sorry for what? ^_^))

"Potions huh?" Hermione wasn't surprised, even the best students outside of Slytherin struggled with potions, it was simply the way things worked. Snape always held students out of Slytherin to a higher standard than the rest....still, Hermione had always managed to stay far enough ahead of him to avoid flunking. "Well...if you want, I can help you..." In the back of her mind, Hermione was kind of hoping Ginny would turn down the offer, it was made more out of politeness than anything else, Hermione had her own work to do after all, but she got the feeling that Ginny was going to dive at the chance.

(Tiny posts)

"Only if you've got the time." Ginny sounded a little unsuer of herself, and timid. Not what she usually sounded like at all. She was tired and slightly upset still, her tears had brought on a headache that she was hiding, moving to sip her coke before offering the other to Hermione. "Want to go sit down?"

((Don't worry about it. Post length doesn't bother me in the slightest ^_^))

That hesitation and uncertainty in Ginny's voice....if anything it just gave Hermione a stronger feeling that Ginny really did want the help, at least on a subconscious level anyway. A refusal to help would probably just reinforce Ginny's onsetting depression. "Sure, sitting down sounds good while we eat" Hermione picked up the plate of sandwhiches in order to follow. "And then later on I'll help you with your potions ok? So don't worry about it, I'm sure we'll be able to get you back on track"

Ginny had smiled her relief. "Thank you." She had soon settled into a seat, looking over at Hermione with a shy smile. "I can see why Ron likes you..."

Hermione blinked slightly in confusion at that last comment. Well....it must've just been a compliment really, that was all. "Ah...well...thank you" She smiled softly, sipping on her drink and then nibbling on a sandwhich. "So what part of potions is it you're having trouble with.....?" She was trying to steer the conversation away from Ron and Harry before either of them started to get a little down about them once again.

Ginny had noticed how shy Hermione got and immediately let her change the subject. She had paused however before adding. "I think we need to start at the beginning... although I'd suggest we pick up at how exactly slicing and chopping differ? I nearly killed someone's owl last time." She was flushing, embarrassed slightly.

"Hm? Well alright, that's where we'll begin. I suppose we could make a start later on tonight if you'd like...." Hermione would give Ginny some help, then get to her own schoolwork, that was the plan at least. She just hoped that helping Ginny wasn't going to take too long....the way the girl was talking and looking at her....Hermione wasn't completely comfortable with how clingy the other girl was getting all of a sudden.

Ginny had smiled mildly before nodding. "Thank you." She had finished her drink before fnishing her food and now she found herself watching Hermione closely. Something about the girl told her she was nervous. She didn't know why. She didn't need to know why.

Hermione could feel the other girl watching her, seemingly studying her, and Hermione had to resist the urge to start fidgeting uncomfortably. She didn't like being stared at like that....for some reason it reminded her of the way guys would leer at her sometimes back at school. She quickly pushed those thoughts from her head however, finishing her one and only sandwhich, then finshing her drink quickly. "Ok....let's go get to work ok? The sooner we make a start the sooner you can get the hang of it, right?"

"Sure... I'll go get the book." Ginny had left the room almost instantly, taking the chance to puff out a breath. She was starting to get feelings for the girl, feelings that frightened her. She had found the book and marked the page before leaving the room and returning to Hermione's side, opening the page to what she needed help on.

Whilst Ginny was gone Hermione slowly rubbed her face, exhaling a long, slow breath. She was sure she was just imagining things....Ginny was another girl, and had already shown she liked guys by her feelings for Harry.....Hermione was just sure that Ginny didn't know how to deal with loneliness. After all she was from a big family...this was probably as close to truly alone as Ginny had ever been.
When the other girl returned, Hermione looked perfectly normal, going to examine the page that Ginny required help with, nodding slightly before taking the book, flipping it to the next page in order to begin explaining things.

Ginny had made a point of listening to her carefully, taking notes in the notebook she'd grabbed from a pile and quickly making a point of understanding it. She still didn't get most of it but she'd smiled and nodded, glad to get even a little bit. After a while she had a copious amount of notes and seemed far less stressed out.

Back
Top Bottom