Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Sands of Darkness Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The young man looked at the scorpion-bannered tribe with irritated glares, his hand lightly gripping the katana at his hip. He paused for a moment however, remembering his current situation. It would be foolish for Dualitas would be a fool to fight them all alone, at least at this range. "So... What is it exactly that you want from me? I... Really don't have time for this, and you don't look like traders or merchants.." (Diplomacy 31) His well-built physique was covered by a large brown hooded cloak, bits of his hair peeking out from the hood.

Yerith thought for a moment. "Going after something? That is... strange. Shall we go see what has them worked up?" She called to her tribesmen, who all yelled an agreement. While their goal was survival, a little combat was never bad, and maybe there would be supplies or other goods they could raid from the other tribe.

Tsuki nods, another grin on her face. "Sounds good to me! Take from the bad guys, to take care of yourself!"

The eight man stared at him a moment, then the one of them spoke. It doesn't matter whether you have time or not. You're on Scorpion territory foreigner, and must pay the toll for stepping on _our_ sand." He's a medium sized man, with two scimitars on his back and a whip on his hip. His desert clothes all have a black scorpion emblem on them. All of the eight men carry at least one such emblem somewhere, but it's clear he's the leader of the group.

"I'm quickly growing wearing with this...." He continues as he pulls back his hood and stares into the man's eyes with 'Awesome Beauty' for a moment, reverting it. (Mind, Fear affect, Will Negates. Needs to meet or exceed 17. Failure means Shaken for one minute) "Or what, child? Your men aren't exactly all that tough... and I hear someone fast approaching.." (Intimidate 43, Listen 35)

Yerith's tribe moved toward the scorpion tribe, readying weapons for potential combat. Zerith was grinning and cracked his knuckles. "Give me the biggest one." He said to Yerith, more of a statement then anything else. They will move to within a good charging range of the eight and then rush them, trying to take the group fast.

(And did not, thank you for that. I figured the eight were the ones accosting Dualitas, but there were more.)

(You guys realize this isn't the tribe, just a group of eight, right?)

The man is neither afraid or intimated, but his men look uneasy. "Or you'll be a slave. You should fetch a pretty price in Dusty Rock." The man says, a hand now on his whip, in a deliberate gesture.

"Oh?" He smiles and backs up, as best he can, before drawing his greatbow and releasing a flurry of arrows into the mans skull (Quickdraw, Manyshot, Rapid Shot, Close Quarters Archery, Improved Rapid Shot, Shot on the Run, Distracting Attack class feature)

First Multishot-Natural 20, 75 damage
Second Multishot, 40 roll, 42 damage

The Scorpion Leader is considered flanked until my next attack

The man takes both barrages of arrow into his body, stunned at the sudden blur of movement. His men spread out while he unsheathes his scimitars and moves to strike Dualitas with them in a blur of steel. His men shoot bolts from crossbows at Dualitas from repeating crossbows.

Tsuki yells out, "There attacking some guy!" Before shifting into the Gargantuan Silver Dragon from before. She flies overhead, and is now directly above Dualitas and the 8 Scorpions.

Scorpion Leader Attack: Two 40's, the rest won't bother.
Scorpion Shooters Attack: one natural 20, the rest miss.
Total Damage: 42

Roll Initiative.

Tsuki rolled 22
Scorpion Leader rolled 11
Scorpion Minions rolled 1

If Tsuki goes...

The silver dragon roars as it dive bombs onto 4 of the Scorpion shooters, doing 30 damage to each of them from the crushing weight of a dragon smashing into them from above.

He winces and redraws his bow, sending a flurry of arrows once more into the leader.
(Manyshot rolls 36, 29. 42 and 33 damage, leader treated as flanked)

The leader manages to dodge some of the arrows, but half the barrage hits him. He resembles a pincushion quite remarkably. He swings his scimitars in another web of steel, but only manges to connect once. That strike is painful as lightning and acid surge through it though.

Roll: Natural 20
Damage: 38

The four pinned underneath Tsuki can't do anything but feel the weight as she twists and turns, crushing them further underneath her for 15 each. The other four shoot at her, seeing the dragon as a larger problem. Most of the bolts bounce off her scales, but one slips in, doing 10 damage.

"Enough!" He growled as he dropped his bow to the ground, kicking sand in the leader's eyes (sleight of hand 40) and going for his katana (quickdraw) Slashing with the very unsheathing of his blade. (natural 20, and Iaijutsu Focus 45)

Total damage- 74, may also be blinded, and is considered flanked.

The sudden cut cleaves the leader in two. The four men not pinned by Tsuki desperately try to attack Dualitas, but they cannot pierce his defenses. Meanwhile, Tsuki continues to crush the men under her for another 27 damage.

(Enter Yerith and tribe!)

Yerith charges in on her mount, aiming for the group of four men not pinned. She attempts to "trample" them by running Siyam over them, plowing them into the sands.

(Overrun checks: 32, 30, 33, 34. If they fail the opposed str check, they are knocked prone and have to use a full action to get up. They can not choose to avoid due to trample feat.)

(Init 17, Zerith can not reach at the moment. He'll need a turn. But his init is 21 when he shows up.)

Dualitas grabs his greatbow once more and backs up as far ass he can while keeping effective deadly range(sneak attack) and shoots at two of the prone enemies with a single arrow each

(35, 12 damage, or 60 with sneak attack if applicable)

(29, 15 damage, 55 damage with sneak attack)

Both targets are considered flanked until my next attack

One man manages to escape from underneath Tsuki, while the other three are still crushed for another 19 damage.

(I don't believe being knocked prone makes then susceptible to sneak attack. But nice damage.)

XavierZeherisHarper said:
One man manages to escape from underneath Tsuki, while the other three are still crushed for another 19 damage.

(I don't believe being knocked prone makes then susceptible to sneak attack. But nice damage.)
(If they are denied dexterity bonus, then they are)

Tsuki continues to crush those underneath her for 19 damage. (3 people.)

(Sorry, didn't notice it was Tsuki's turn. I goofed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom