Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Sands of Darkness Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gathering of tribesmen stared transfixed by the display of power from the woman in their midst. Afterwords there was a long silent pause, then all at once the tribe cheered for Tsuki. The enthusiasm and awed faces of the tribe showing their approval. Yerith stepped up to Tsuki. "It seems they approve of you. Welcome to the tribe." She smiled and patted the woman's shoulder. "I think they will be more than willing to help you now."

Tsuki smiles. "Thanks! So, did you all have any goals? And why would you need to leave the desert? What's pushing you out?" Tsuki asks, a bit more cheer in her voice, but still serious.

"Well, many tribes feel that the fact I can ride an ashworm is... an ill omen. They feel that it is man's role to control and dominant the desert, but we feel we should live in harmony with our environment. We are being forced out by the other tribes, who wish to destroy us as infidels. Leaving seems... a good idea. Our goals are simple, to survive and grow." Yerith informs Tsuki. "But if helping you can lead to that, then we shall. Besides, you are one of us now." Yerith embraced Tsuki as a friend. "We help our own. Now, you do not have a tent of your own right? I insist you share mine. By the time the food is cooked and we have eaten our meal it will be getting dark soon. Night falls fast on the desert."

"Nope! I usually just sleep on the ground, or in a safe spot. I don't usually sleep in a tent." Tsuki answers, once again cheerful as she returned the hug with enthusiasm. "As for the whole control nature thing, I think they'll find Momma a bit hard to handle, especially if they try it around me!" Her eyes gleam with an anger that belies her cheerful smile. People trying to control nature just for power pissed her off. Nature was all she had for a while, so a bit of that wild and untamable nature came from that. Momma Nature did what she want, and while she loved all her children, she did get mad at them when they tried to constrict her to much. That was Tsuki's view on things. "Nighttime, and the sunset before, can be really pretty in the desert. And some of the spicier prey comes out as well!" Tsuki then lists some animals, and the ones that Yerith notices the most are the poisonous ones.

"Well, suit yourself I guess." Yerith said. She went off to her tent as the tribesmen went about their chores, a few still glancing at Tsuki with a mix of awe. As the sun started to fall the land turned a deep red color as the sand reflected the light of the falling sun. The sky was a regal purple shade and a few technicolor clouds dotted the otherwise clear evening sky. Around the camp the smell of roasting meat and boiling stews could be smelled. The aroma of sizzling fat mixing with that of leeks and other root vegetables from some of the less sandy parts of the region. Night fell fast, but there was still light from two large campfires and the stars and moon high overhead.

(Yerith and her people don't really have anything to do until morning, assuming nothing occurs over night. There is a rotating set of guards posted.)

Nothing major happens through the night. Some of Tsuki's 'snacks' are stared at during dinner, but nothing else remarkable happens. In the morning...
Tsuki wakes with the sun, stretching out in the tent. Blackfang looks much better, after having a dusting and brushing last night, and being able to get out of the desert wind for a little bit, his black fur looking less rough.

Yerith was up moments after Tsuki, waking and stretching before she goes out to survey the camp. "Now then, do you have a clue what you need to do for this prophecy? Maybe a place to start looking for what it is?" She asked Tsuki, waving a greeting to Zerith who had been on the last guard duty of the night. He appeared to have been passing the time by doing simple exercises meant to strengthen the muscles. He grunted his greeting and continued his exercising.

"A little. I'm supposed to do something at each of the Divine Palaces." Tsuki says.

The Divine Palaces are the 12 main temples of the Ruling Twelve, the deities that banded together to create the world and it's inhabitants. Five for the energies, four for the elements, two for the choice of good and evil, and one who formed the rest from the void. The Divine Palaces in Redgast are the FLAME, out in the desert near it's center, but as shifting as the sands, and the NEGATIVE, which is in the Geistried, a plateau of black sand that was created during Dragonfall, when epic magics were let loose that affected the very earth. The Geistried is a haunted land, where living spells and undead monstrosities wander, along with other obscene things that feast on the magical and negative energy hotspot.

"Other than that, not much. Like I said, I haven't actually heard the prophecy, so I don't know specifics." Tsuki says, while looking closely at Yerith a moment, as if judging whether to tell her something or not.

Yerith nodded, considering and not noticing the look. "Well, I guess if you need to do something at these palaces, they would be a good place to start. I think I might know how to get to the Palace of Flame." She said, pondering for a moment longer.

(Knowledge geography: 32)

Yerith knows of two paths. The quickest way, heading in a relatively straight line northwest of here, and the best path, that has watering holes to stop at, and a couple of towns as well. The first is little over a month, and the second adds about another month. The fastest way only has one town to stop at, and no watering holes along the way.

"Well, the fastest route takes about a month of travel, but has little places to acquire more supplies. Unless you have a means of helping us sustain ourselves, we would not have the water needed to get there. The other route has plenty of places, but adds a month, and could put us in the path of the tribes attempting to destroy us." Yerith sighed. "There seems to be no good way to do this..." She looked sad as she looked toward Tsuki. "I have no idea what to do... do you have a clue?"

Tsuki nods. "Well, today, I can create thirty gallons of water, but tomorrow I can create 180 gallons of water, and I can do that everyday. I usually use it for filling my water bottle and barrel, then bathing once a day. Will that be enough for everyone?" Tsuki asks

Yerith's draw dropped at what Tsuki said, her eyes going wide. "That... that is... incredible. That would be more than enough... thank... thank you." She stammered, hugging Tsuki with her shocked glee. "It musth ave been fate that we met. You can provide my people with the one resource we can not get easily, and we can help you with whatever it is that you need to do!"

Tsuki returns the hug. "Well, I don't know about fate, but I do know that Momma Nature provides, so we must both be doing something right." Tsuki says, glad she could help. Now, if only she could get that Thanatos off her back! Oh well, one problem at a time. "So, any other supply problems? Or could we just go the fast way?" Tsuki asks. She's unknowing of the tribe that claims that area, or that the one town happens to be Dusty Rock.

The Black Scorpion tribe is not Yerith's old tribe, but it is a tribe that is about controlling, instead of living with nature. They are also servants of the Sultan, who owns and runs Dusty Rock.

"Well, we can go that way, although we may encounter some hostile individuals. But we have plenty of food and know how to hunt while traveling. We can break camp and head that way as soon as you are ready."

(Unless Tsuki has things she needs to do, they will break camp and head that way. Continuing until something happens or they reach their destination, but assuming random encounter/encounter with the tribe. :p)

Yerith, who had been riding Siyam, noted the shapes and the direction they were coming from, as well as keeping watch to see if they appeared to be getting closer.

As they reach the 4 mile distance, Zerith sees the shape, and Yerith can tell what it is. A Colossal Scorpion, what the tribe whose territory they'll enter named themselves after. At the moment, it hasn't noticed them, or isn't moving towards them.

Yerith calls down to the group. "Careful, gigantic scorpion ahead. We are entering hostile territory." Zerith moves to get some of the riders to ride out as scouts and report back what may lie ahead.

The scouts come back an hour later. "There's no way to avoid without going out of our way. There seems to be dozens of sinkholes around it, and it's picked the only decent spot to move through. We're looking at adding another 3 days at least to avoid it." The scouts all around reply. Yerith knows that these are the Gastian Pits, and even if one survived falling into the sand for at least an hour, you'd land in the Underdark. A place just as dangerous as the desert, if not more so.

Yerith sighed. "Well if there is no way around we have to go through it. I will clear the way, unless our shaman can do something about this. Tsuki, what do you think. Can we convince it to move?"

Tsuki shakes her head. "I've never been able to reach insects and the like. Most Druids can't. And those that can, usually live underground, according to my teacher. Besides, it might be tasty!" She grins.

Yerith held back a giggle at Tsuki's grin. "Well then, let us see what I can do about this." She took up her lance and shield and urged Siyam forward, dashing across the sands toward the scorpion.

(I assume combat is starting?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom