Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Sands of Darkness Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
(We'll say that you got in range first.)
Upon seeing you, the enormous black scorpion turns to face you, stinger and claws readying themselves.

Roll Initiative.
Scorpion: 9
Tsuki: 19 total

(Init 16)

Yerith rode up into vision range of the scorpion and saw it face her. She grinned softly and looked for the best way to approach, but it seemed that a head on charge would be her best bet.

(Tsuki's turn first it seems)

Tsuki begins to chant, her eyes glowing as a golden glow emanates from her, followed by Yerith, Zerith, and 3 others.

Aura of Vitality, granting +4 morale bonus to Str, Dex, Con. Lasts 15 rounds.

Yerith feels the warm glow of the magic surrounding her and invigorating her. She spurs her mount on and charges the scorpion, thrusting her lance forward over and over, and slamming him with her shield as she passes.

(Unstoppable Deadly Charge, trampling, Shield Charge and Shield Slam,
To hits and damage
41, 328
43, 344
crit, 984
25, 296
20, 232
24, 12 and if this hits, DC 28 fort save or be dazed, and free trip attack, STR check: 16
Mount's overrun attempt: STR check = 28, sting attack if opposed check fails to hit 39, damage 18, DC 18 fort save or be poisoned.)

(Wow. That it's impressively ridiculous, considering you are level 15. Gestalted, but still impressive.)

The last three miss, but the first three blows killed it. Weaving through it's claws in the charge, Yerith's worm takes her to the critical point, allowing her to stab it in the eyes, and the last blow connects directly with the brain. The massive scorpion slumps in death, not even giving off a death cry or shuddering off it's mortal coil.

Yerith pulled her lance free and flicked it, removing the gore in one sweep. "Well, that takes care of it. Tsuki, you hungry?" She called down, a little laugh in her voice. The tribesmen who had followed stood in brief awe of this fast, and destructive display of martial prowess.

Tsuki nods with a smile. "I'm always ready to try something new!" She says, immediately pulling out her shortsword and carving through the carapace to get at some meat. When she does, she impales a hunk of meat on her shortsword, which then ignites. She waits awhile for it to cook, watching it sizzle.

After Tsuki has taken her fill, and the carcass of the scorpion was moved, the tribe continued on their way. Scouts were sent out to survey the path ahead for more signs of trouble though.

Two hours later...

The scouts report that a length of moon dust stretches out ahead, even though Yerith does _not_ remember that being there before.

Yerith thanks the scouts for the report and takes the group to the edge of the moon dust. "Well, this was not here last time I was here. How could it have gotten here? Any ideas?" Zerith shook his head, grunting his response. "No chief."

Tsuki closes her eyes for a moment, and begins to gently sway. After a dozen or so seconds, she opens them again. "Momma says a portal to the Elemental Plane of Earth was left open, and Morphes took the opportunity to get back at Zea for a prank. What's so bad about moon dust?"

Morphes is the Goddess of the Earth.
Zea is the Goddess of Flames

"Well, simply put, Siyam does not like it. That and we are not quite sure what it does. Our tradition states we should leave it alone whenever we encounter it. Is it safe to cross?" Yerith asks.

Tsuki closes her eyes and sways again. When she's done, she answers, "Sort of. When there is no wind, it's fine. When there is, Momma says lots of people die by choking, since it sticks to nearly _everything_. So, how fast can your people move? I can hold the wind back for two and a half hours from about a 1,200 ft circle. I'd have to be in the middle, and we'd have to cross it before two and a half. Otherwise, people could die."

"Well we don't know how long it is. I think we could get them across though, assuming running will not cause it to stir up too much. If that is our only option.... I guess we need to try. How will you get to the middle though?"

"Um, I'd walk? I meant the middle of the group. I talked a little faster than my mind, didn't I?" Tsuki says, blushing a little. "Whoops! No, it should it stirr it up too much. The bottom of our clothes will be dusty a while, though!"

"Then I guess that will have to do. Everyone, form up around Tsuki." Yerith quickly got off of Siyam, who burrowed into the sand. "He will meet us on the other side. It is not good for him to run along this." She said simply, looking a little uneasy. "Well, when you are ready, we will follow."

Everyone moved as fast as they could, keeping pace with Tsuki to stay in the area of calmed wind.

(Do I need to roll anything?)

The tribe makes it safely across, with anyone falling onto the moon dust. The rest of the day goes more peacefully, with out incident.

3 days later across the dunes...

Roll Spot, and other sensory skills you wish.

Before either Yerith or Zerith can see, Tsuki comments, "Are those guys with the scorpion flag gonna be a problem?"

Yes, yes they will Tsuki.

Yerith looked forward, trying to see if she could find the people Tsuki was talking about. "Where are they? I can not see them."

"Further ahead. They're going after something. About... 10 minutes away?" Tsuki says, slightly uncertain about the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom