Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: War of Myths Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have men waiting outside" she nodded, caressing the Kitsune's face, admiring the Vanara's handywork. "Good work, shaman" she admitted, motioning for them to walk outside with her

As the three exit the hidden staircase, and begin to head towards the door leading outside the mansion, a woman comes up the three. "Eiko! We've..." Noticing the kitsune in disguise, the woman matching the description of Sasara the stepmother (and woman who most likely brought the Taint to this area), bows low to the kitsune. "Apologies for not noticing your presence, My Lady." The kitsune, with a scowling nod, waves her hand in an imperious gesture. "You had news?" Sasara nods. "Yes, an outsider was found on the grounds. He was unusually skilled, but after losing several of the Tota Oni (Hellhounds, with lightning instead of fire, and the size of a horse at least, for a basic idea), we managed to capture him. However, methods to incapacitate him further have proven useless. We have managed to separate him from his sword, but it proves resistant to another carrying it, let alone using it." Sasara replied.

Chiyo's heart skipped a beat as ice cold fear filled her. Yes, she now has a mate with a bigger cock than her stallion, yet despite his size, jiang does not posses the foreigner's incredible endurance. She is not ready to lose him. "But he IS subdued, yes?" She asked. "I will deal with him personally, bring me to him" she said, trying to sound afraid. As she approached the woman, chiyo stole a glance at her jade dagger.

After a moment's glance at the kitsune, who nods and waves for her to lead, Sasara says, "Very well. We've contained him in the 'garden shed'." The dagger doesn't glow. Sasara leads the group outside, past the corpses of a dozen guards and half that in Tota Oni, before leading them into a stone shed. There, behind walls of crackling energy, paces Xavier. There are scorch marks on his limbs, signs of repeated attempts to break through the wall with sheer strength. He turns at their entrance, a flicker of relief in his eyes at seeing Chiyo in disguise, before his eyes stop on the kitsune. His blue eyes widen slightly. "I killed you." The statement is dull, flat, and disbelieving. "You are mistaken." The kitsune says, even as her own eyes widen. Sasara ignores this. She gesture to Xavier's white sword, which lies on a shelf. "I've managed to get his weapon placed there, if you wish to study it, My Lady.

Roll Spot, in addition to any other rolls you wish to make.
In case you missed it in the above paragraph, the dagger isn't glowing. Which means the Taint is near...

(crappy spot, but i also wish to use Arcaa to figure out the barrier)

"Very well, go tighten security, there might be more intruders" she said, waving Sasara away. This plan would put her backup at risk,if they are nearby, but it will give her room to maneuver and plan, which is something she needs right now. Her mind views the entire situation as a whole, like one would a chessboard. Pawns are expendable, but she is the most important piece in this game she plays, the shapeshifters are also very important to her end goal. Xavier, well, he's like a favourite toy.

Sasara is slightly offput at this, and turns to the kitsune for guidance. The kitsune and vanara's eyes are on the floor however. The wall is basically a wall of fire, but lightning instead. Someone who was here was a decently powerful mage, more than Chiyo is at the moment. Black smoke suddenly coalesces around Sasara, delving into every open orifice. It doesn't all go into her, and thus leaves a smoky image layered onto Sasara. An image of the woman the kitsune is disguised as. "Your incompetence has become too bothersome Sasara. You'll have to earn redemption with the destruction of these outsiders." The smoky image gestures, and magic washes over the four disguises, dispelling them. Sasara's eyes underneath the image widen.

"Get her!" Chiyo commanded, waving her hand to send a wave of colourful light at Sasara and the image (Color Spray dc 15)

The spray stuns Sasara underneath, but not the smoky image, which contemplates Chiyo. "Power dwells in you, both realized and potential. I can help you achieve that potential." The image says to Chiyo. Jiang, the kitsune, and the vanara all leap toward attacking Sasara. Jiang slashes forward with his claws, while the kitsune and vanara attack with kicks. Despite Sasara being knocked away, the smoky image stays in the same place. Xavier strikes the shocking barrier again, while nearly shouting in a demanding voice, "How are you here?! I killed you!"

"Who are you?" Chiyo asked the image calmly, unfazed by the chaos of combat around her. She pointed towards Sasara, sending streaks of light toward her with he indiference of a cold hearted killer. (magic missile 9 damage)

"Esumi Kodama, Heir of Fu Leng. And you?" The image replies. Sasara gets up after being blasted, and sends a wave of lightning at her attackers. Jiang and Kitsune attack Sasara, while Vanara begins another gesturing dance. The image of Esumi notices the shaman. The kitsune takes the wave full force, but the Vanara manages to avoid some of it and continue his casting. Xavier strikes the wall again, and blue runes begin to appear and glow on his skin.

Sasara Damage: 36
Kitsune Damage: 12
Vanara Damage: 6
Roll Reflex 15, 12 damage fail, 6 damage success.

(i can't believe i rolled a 1..)

"Silly, why would i tell you?" Chiyo chuckled, ignoring Esumi. "Xavier! Do you know how i can undo that barrier?!" she yelled, straining to shoot more streaks of light. She was exhausted mentally, this shot will have to count as she is unable to use the spell again.

(7 damage)

Esumi smirks at Chiyo, before replying, "For power. Like the power to live beyond petty physical death." Sasara is rather beleaguered, and unable to get a spell off after Jiang grapples her. "Some shiny stone!" Xavier replies, before striking the wall of lightning again. There appears to be some visible give, before it snaps back into place. Chiyo realizes he's speaking of a ward stone, used to anchor defensive spells, like walls...

The kitsune strikes Sasara with a bared claw, and the woman crumbles. The smoky image, sighs. "Such a disappointment. But maybe the Oni from her will be better." The smoke begins to pour into Sasara...

Chiyo hesistated. Life beyond physical death? That sounds like the immortality she's after, but she's not convinced yet. There must be a catch. Before she has the chance to react, Esumi vanished into Sasara, her words causing a realization of danger in her mind. "Damnit! I need to find that stone!" Chiyo yelled, scrambling to look for it. If an Oni is coming, she'll need heavy hitters

(search 21)

Chiyo finds the ward stone, as Jiang and Kitsune back away from Sasara. Sasara's skin begins to bloat, and shift to a bruise purple color. A barely articulate scream comes from Sasara, as she reaches the size of Jiang, but distorted, and looking she might... explode.

(K.Arcana to disarm wall with ward stone and free Xavier.)

"Xavier, where are the men? Are they hiding nearby?" she asked while working her arcane powers to undo the stone ward

(arcana 18)

"They're just outside the grounds. Was reconning when things went to hell." Xavier says as the wall falls apart. Sasara explodes, showering the room with gore. Standing where she was is a tall, gaunt figure of a women, with purple skin and dark green, scraggly hair that currently covers her face, but doesn't hide the shining yellow eyes. Long, black talons replace fingers and toes, and the tall figure screeches a loud, ear-piercing wail as black smoke leaves it, coalescing into the image. "Much better. Hopefully she'll deal with you now. I'll see you again, young mage. And hunt you, warrior." The image says, before white light erupts from the vanara, and pours over the black smoke. The image hisses as it flies/floats away from the white light. Electricity begins to arc between each of the new Oni's talons.

Chiyo grinned at Xavier "Go on my stallion, you can destroy this woman for me" she commanded. Right now, she needs to find a way to signal the troops. (if there's an opening, she wants to shoot a fireball skyward)

A grin covers his face as he leaps forward and grabs his sword off the shelf. "As you say, my lady." Xavier replies, before striking the Oni. Jiang rushes to attack as well, while the kitsune stays back to guard the vanara, who begins another gesturing dance.

Chiyo can reach the door, and send something outside as a signal, like a ward stone configured wrong deliberately, causing it to explode. She may also have an item on her that could cause something similar. Or she can leave the shed and cast a spell that is bright and flashy, like Prestidigitation.

"I'll get the men!" she yelled. This needs to be blunt, no room for subtlety, so she dashed outside and began focusing, creating large bright Kanji in the sky that reads 'Attack Now'

There are several yells and kiai's as men pour onto the grounds. There is confusion amongst them when they see the corpses, but that ceases when a crackling explosion erupts from the shed, knocking away a chunk of the shed's ceiling and roof, to reveal the contents within. The kitsune and vanara are moving out of the way at a good pace, after rolling on the ground, while Jiang is picking himself up from being thrown to the ground. The Oni and Xavier are the only ones originally standing, the Oni with bared claws and electricity crackling along her skin. The blue runes on Xavier's skin shine brightly, as he continues his assault on the Oni, while it tries to tear him apart.

"I knew you'd be the last one standing, you're good at keeping it up" Chiyo grinned as she moved up towards Xavier. "Now look out, this is going to be abit..bigger than what i'm used to, and you know i'm used to huge things"

She gathered fire inside her, fueling it with her lust and sent a bright red ball of flame streaking behind the Oni, detonating it precisely so that Xavier won't be hurt.

(ref save 17. 17 damage if hit, 8 if not)

The Oni howls in pain as the fire sears across her skin, and Xavier's brutal cross-slash doesn't help matters. With an outstretched claw it sends an arc of lightning at Xavier, who fights through the pain. Jiang reaches the Oni and attacks with his own claws, spilling blue blood.

Total Oni damage: 46
Total Xavier damage: 39
Total Jiang damage: 17

Chiyo shot one more blast of fire, being extra careful this time so she doesn't harm her lovers.

(same deal, 24 if hit, 12 if miss)

The Oni manages to twist away from the main blast, along with Jiang's claws. Xavier's vicious Bonebreaker strike cuts deep into her though. With a high screech, she retaliates with another arc of lightning. Xavier manages to dodge most of this, and what isn't dodged seems to be drawn into the runes.

The samurai from Taeruko are uncertain what to do, but handle the guards that come out of the Nagasawa estate. Those that fight are swiftly captured or killed, while those that gawk are watched warily. Those that aren't traitors gather around the door.

Total Oni damage: 69
Total Xavier damage: 39
Total Jiang damage: 17

Unlike fatigue brought from sex, exausting her mana is not fun. She feels sick and her head hurts, but it is the reality of war. Hurling one last ball of fire, Chiyo almost collapsed.

(20 if hit, 10 if not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom