Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wild West Scifi Zombie Apocalypse - OOC Thread

You already know my thoughts, however, I will reiterate them here for others to read and expand upon, etc. :)

I imagine that the US would indeed be united with other countries. However, I also see them as being the powerhouse in that union, the country with the richest pockets and the most power and say. They'd be the main driver when it came to decisions and the like and the ones with the most pull when it came to more or less anything done to strive towards goals that are sought after and then when it came to reaping any sort of rewards that were finally achieved. That isn't to say they wouldn't share, but they'd definitely be the powerhouse being such a large and overpopulated nation (not to mention somewhat greedy), especially given the circumstances of the setting.

As for weapons, I would imagine that military and law enforcement would have a tight control over weapons on Earth and that this mentality would seep into life on 'new Earth' (calling it that until we come up with a better name for it, lol). However, given that numbers are fewer on 'new Earth' and then the zombie threat comes into play, that mentality does indeed need to change--and quickly--on 'new Earth' to help them all adapt and thrive, at least in a way that is more manageable for all. However, that doesn't mean that the mentality will slack in its entirety. No........ Anyway, on Earth, I could see that civilians might not be allowed the use of guns at all. So then, on 'new Earth', it might be a pretty big deal that they suddenly are finding themselves needing to train civilians in how to handle said firearms. But now, it's a matter of safety as well as a matter of easing tensions and other such things. And, in some cases, there might be some who see it as a benefit to 'save their own ass' even.

With the guns in general, I'd imagine that on 'new Earth', the primary gun used would be bullet-based. These would be the sorts doled out to civilians (though only doled out if deemed necessary and to those chosen by those governing). That isn't to say some civilians might not obtain a laser gun. But, my guess would be that the only way they'd get a laser would be to somehow steal one or kill someone to get it. That just leaves your military and law enforcement as the sorts to have them. Them and mercenaries/bounty hunter sorts. The mercenaries I see as a group that took rise on Earth as a result of their economic turmoil. Law enforcement may or may not like them, it probably depends on the individual and their method, while military and government turns a blind eye. I think the latter will tolerate them so long as they don't interfere with what they are trying to achieve and just oust and make disappear those who infringe on their goals. End of story. The moment they do, they might start to care..... hopefully that makes sense. So, that would make it a VERY delicate and intricate web of threads in which those 3 groups are bound together. Could make for some fun times in the RP as well, hehe.

As for civilians and guns... I imagine that there would be training sessions held for them. That they'd be taught how to handle certain things depending on which town they lived in on 'new Earth'. Now... here is where I see things getting SUPER interesting. I see Neuleben as having the most corruption gong on. It is the largest town and the one closest to the crash site. Patchen isn't far away and it has something valuable--water. I see Neuleben as WANTING that water. Patchen holds their water dear, not to mention their Island Sanctuary. So, they will fight to the death for their home. This could lead to some VERY interesting things. You'll have tensions between 2 towns--towns that I envision having a delicate trade agreement (weapons for water OR training for water, vice versa). But, what Neuleben will not tell Patchen is that those leading will be desperately coveting a take over of Patchen. There is also Trocken Town. But seeing as it is on the remote side, it is currently not of interest. For now. But, if anything happens to Patchen, their fear of Neuleben will rise.

Anyway, these are my current thoughts on these ideas. I think this would be AWESOME to implement as the under current for this RP. There's a lot of room for growth and expansion, it's very life-like for the situation presented and the twists and turns are endless. :)

The US very well could be the driving power in the alliance/union, especially if the government is based on a parliamentary system, although I am sure that the other countries would want some check in terms of the executive branch so that it is not always in the hands of the US. But that will open up an entirely other line of discussion that we probably do not need to get into :p

In terms of weapons on 'old' Earth, I don't see firearms, especially ones that fire bullets, being entirely outlawed. Perhaps certain rifles and shotguns along with "antique" firearms are still legal to sell and own. But that to me isn't overly important... although it would be nice to have a gunsmith or two survive the crash.

What is important to me is the training the colonists before they leave Earth. Considering that they don't know the situation on 'new earth', I think it would have been prudent to train many of the civilians going in the use of weaponry as well as tactics and the like. I say this because even if you have 10% of the colonists being trained military (which is a bit much to me) that is still limiting the defensibility of the colony if they are the only ones that will be doing the fighting. Yes, civilians could be trained once they reach the colony to defend it... but why risk that? The nearest reinforcements are light years away and would take decades to reach the colony, so it only seems sensible to me that some of the civilians should be trained ahead of time.

And that's my two cents again XD

I kind of agree with that for the first attack I think that the guards should be the only one to fight the zombies for the first time and wait until the second attack where they feel that in everyone best interest to get as many people to learn about how you shoot and protect themselves should another attack happen.

Also I was thinking since everyone is in Neuleben I was going to create another character in Patchen who would create tension between old earth and new earth and would want to create a independent world away from everyone where he would be the "President"/ Leader of the new earth.

can my girl have a bow sense from where she is at they are pretty much a friendly race and with no threat on their lives save natural dieases which can be cared by all by this one plant hence the reason she has to find more. She has no idea what to do about the zombies nor know of them yet.

I'm ok with that Idea overall except in the first attack I know personally the second I see a gun imma grab for it during a Zombie situation. So I think All people should be able to have(had) weapons of anykind. Though My guy is a Cyborg he can use his right arm as a weapon to crush skulls and his tech tools can also be used as weapons, but his tri-barreled Rail pistol works well too. Also He is a Gunsmith aswell as Mechanic so He can also be a middle man fo that Civilian who needs a Gun so to speak.

I think grabbing for guns when available is something that several, depending on their disposition and what they do/did, makes sense personally. Plus, given the circumstances, I can also see many trying to stash them away or smuggle them into their keeping however they are able. That could mean stealing, killing, swindling... I honestly don't see that outside the realm of possibility and would think it to be fair game. And, if an attack occurs, chaos would ensue. So, grabbing for anything that is nearby is a natural reaction. And if your character has skill or experience, it would make even more sense for them to have that natural inclination.

Also, on another note........... hopefully more will join, but we've already got an amazing group situated. We're just waiting on one profile to get put up before we start. Once it's up, I think we can probably get things rolling. We can always continue to discuss things plot wise in here as we go. :)

So, we're still waiting on the final profile, BUT........ we'll start up the RP on Monday. Everything should be squared away by then. WOOT! Can't wait! I think we have enough fleshed out as far as background plot goes and if things pop up as far as questions or more ideas and such, we can just bring them up in here as we go along. Communication is always key.

So, that said..... we'll be starting things off with this on Monday. So be on the look out for starting posts at that time. Soooo cannot wait! WOOT!!!!

Also, if anyone else wants to join, do not fret. This RP welcomes newcomers even after we start. Once approved, feel free to join in our discussions and add your own input along with the posting fun. :)

Just another Random question but What kinda Zombies do we have? I mean are they the classic slow dumb zombies or the running ones. Are they mutated into different forms? Do they get smarter as they consume new DNA? etc

That' a good question... one I had myself but forgot to ask!

I had a bit of an idea though. What if the virus affect the different species differently? Humans could be your good old shamblers, the natives of the planet could be your quick zombies and the species from the other crashed ship could be able to integrate DNA from the other two (or maybe anything for that matter) which could cause crazy mutations.

Thoughts everyone?

Well I mean just imagion a zombie with Cybernetics. think about it. the Zombie starts to pound on your wooden door with its metal arm.... your doors comming down.... and with say as Zombies feed they get smarter so they start off as dumb versions but as more victims fall prey to them they slowly get smarter and start to make plans and use the differences of the towns and people and their weaknesses to their advantages.

so some of the elfs that are crewing my girls ship gonna die and become zombies oo fun.

Ok. Note the new stickied thread that I made for 'existing weapons technology'. That thread is for us to make blurb posts on any weapons we want our characters to use or what have you that are already in existence. :)

Okay also I had a question about the begining has the first zombie attack already happen or has it not happen yet.

It's been loosely discussed in OOC that there have been 1 or 2 major attacks (where there have been swarms... that doesn't mean they were outlandishly large swarms, just more than say 10 at a time) and then of course the random few that pop up here and there as they meander. Neuleben is the only town that's really seen any sort of attack given its proximity to the crash site while Patchen has probably only dealt with a few meandering zombies and then Trocken Town probably hasn't really had much issue at all. At least nothing it couldn't handle without any troubles. So Neuleben is where the serious action is at. At least with our current towns. Who is to say what other towns are out there as well though........... But I digress. Anyway, Neuleben. So, we'll say for sake of ease, that there have been 2 decently large attacks with mini ones here and there in between.

Firstly, I hope everyone is enjoying the RP now that it's started... I know I am and I'm thoroughly enjoying everyone's posts as they are filtering in and what not. It'll be great to see how everyone's characters develop within the story as it progresses and such. Secondly, a reminder that there's a new thread for 'existing' technology. So, if your character has a weapon that isn't created by you specifically (as in made up, fantastical, etc), it belongs in there as opposed to in 'notable' since that thread is for things we make up and actually create/fabricate as things go along. Thirdly, a note on the headers. I hope everyone finds them to be as useful as I do. One thing I will say, be sure to place your image in them when you use them since it is a part of the actual header and it's a helpful quick reference for us all. That all said........ enjoy! I certainly am! WOOT! You all are awesome! I'm glad to be RPing with you all. :)

A heads up to everyone.... in the headers for the 'time', we are going to start progressing toward 'early evening' since it's kind of getting toward that time of day and such.

What does everyone think of me makeing a Zombie profile where it shows the evolution from dumb zombie to smart zombie. thoughts?

I'm all right with it. I know we'd discussed it before in here and that no one had really stated any overt objections. I think it could be an interesting thing to incorporate and see unfold. So, if people are game for it and would like to see it occur, it's fine by me at least.

Back
Top Bottom