Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wild West Scifi Zombie Apocalypse - OOC Thread

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Ok, so since we have a decent amount of interest, we have ourselves a nice little subforum since my preferred style of organization, as the group RP creator and GM, is the multi-thread way. Those of you familiar with the style, I'm sure you know the benefits. Those of you who aren't, hopefully I'll sway you to the 'dark side'. XD

Anyway............. in here please feel free to throw out all ideas and such so that we can discuss them as a group. Final say falls on me. Anything minor is fine to just implement, but if it is a HUGE thing, please bring it up with me and please bring it up in here for all to discuss and be made aware of, etc. Again, all ideas are welcome. This is a group story we'll be building here so let the discussions begin. Keep in mind the time line and what has happened up until the present. Once we get some ideas together, we can get this thing rolling. :)

EDIT: IC threads should be popping up tomorrow more than likely, but we won't be posting in them until characters are all approved and posted in the profile thread and obviously not until we've discussed the rough underlying plot premise. XD

Just a quick apology... I only now just realized that I'd forgotten to put in 'race' in the character template. I use a general template for all my group RPs so I tend to tweak it accordingly for each one using the basic frame work and, well.... ooops. XD

Anyway, just letting you all know it's been added in just after 'birth location'. :)

So... hoping to see more character profiles in the near future. Can't wait to see this one get off the ground. In the mean time, we can all discuss plot ideas and the like. :)

Just so people know, the RP starts 5 years after the crash and the crash itself took place 20 years after leaving Earth (everyone's character who had been on board the Neuleben was in cryosleep, thus not aging while in stasis). The setting is 'New Earth' for lack of a better name for the planet, though the name can always change if the characters ever encounter any indigenous natives, lol. Though, presently, the planet comes off as uninhabited, but able to sustain human life, the terrain (at least in the area in which they've crash-landed) reminiscent of the Old West--some desert, some prarie, maybe a bit of mountains and woods, etc.

Anyway, while we wait for characters to pop up and for me to get the IC threads up (which I'm working on... just need to find images I like), I figure we can all discuss those plot ideas. So, suggestions, thoughts, comments?

To get the ball rolling we have 3 towns in the picture--namely, Neuleben (the biggest town with fortified walls and the most salvaged artillery, but artillery is finite), Patchen (located near the largest water source, has an island sanctuary--more like a death trap, but you can't always reason with people in hysterics) and Trocken Town (fairly isolated, located in the middle of the desert, if they ever ran into troubles they'd have no where to run to given how far away they are from everyone). Perhaps there are issues and tensions between the 3 towns. Maybe those running Neuleben feel that everyone should be living there given that they are fortified and perhaps they want to take over Patchen given their abundant water supply. I'm thinking that perhaps Patchen and Neuleben have a semi agreement where they do trades every so often. Maybe weaponry for water because Neuleben's water supply isn't as good as Patchen's. Those running Neuleben don't like this and perhaps those living in Patchen sense this dislike and are fearful of take over. Meanwhile, there's the zombie threat. Neuleben can use this as their means of trying to persuade Patchen to join Neuleben. We can even throw in corruption at some point where Neuleben tries to force Patchen to join them. But we can see how things go.

But anyway, this is just one thought. Any others??? Please, throw them out there!!! This is OUR story!!! :)

Just trying to tweak my elf into mix when her race is on Pluto which in my creation has all the resources it can need along with currtioption as well sense one man wants to be crowned king i figure he could make the viruses and use it to kill off the royal families might have to go back and fix my history again sigh.

How would this fit into what is going on exactly on 'new Earth'? Also, I'm assuming that the planet Pluto that is home to your elven race is in a different system to that of our current Earth. :) But that aside, does Earth know of its existence at all?

Anyway, those on 'new Earth' are completely isolated and cut off from Earth and there's also been a time lapse, just to make things a bit more interesting on top of the brewing zombie threat. The outbreak of zombies, far as I'm concerned was unexpected and unknown since the bio-contaminant is an unknown and alien. Whether there are other aliens out there who are aware of this virus... who knows. But if there are, we need to all discuss this and give some input on it first before throwing things into the mix since this could greatly impact the flow and story of the RP itself.

Pluto is unknown to earth as to who lives on it but earth would know about sense they did explore space . I was thinking of saying to make things flow better forget the idea i had it changes things too much and just say for years the Elven race has been kept to their own planet and peaceful then one day a Plant they need and use to make herbs for cooking and a vital herb they use to clean out wounds and heal faster kinda dies off this making it harder to stastion their long life's so they go out looking for more and this is yeas after the crash they no nothing about and of course they are clueless to zombies. Her parents have died off from old age her brother took off on his own to look for the plant and has never return this living Arya to go looking for it which she does and upon finding the crash site named after the ship that crashed there she goes to check it out hoping for this plant but of course she wont find it there and instead some how she gets stuck there for the rp story line.

This might work better if, instead of her leaving years after the crash, she left at approximately the same time. Or, around the same time that the apocalypse is occurring. On 'new Earth', it is now 5 years after the Neuleben vessel has crashed with the alien vessel that had been carrying the bio-contaminant. The larger time lapse occurred when the Neuleben vessel had been traversing through space while all its passengers had been in cryosleep and the ship itself had been scanning for a habitable planet while on autopilot. So, if you have her timed to enter the planet closer to when the story picks up, that would make more sense. Otherwise, she wouldn't be showing up for quite some time yet.

So basically, the decision would be this: do you want her to have already joined the people on 'new Earth' who have just started facing the zombie threat OR would you want her to just arrive and learn about it as the story starts, in which case she'd just be arriving as the RP opens.

My suggestion, if you choose the latter of having her just arrive would be to probably have her crash-land. That would force her to have to stay and would mean her ship would need to be repaired before it would be functional enough to fly. I also suggest that if it is even capable of being repaired that it probably be a smaller ship, something that can only hold a few people. It could become a source of contention for many who are surviving on the planet's surface. They could either try to steal it (or who the hell knows what) and it could raise the tensions between the towns depending on which town gained 'possession' of it. See what I mean....? :)

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas on this twist and on the other ideas posed....? Anyone, anyone??? :)
I hope more than just myself will feel comfortable throwing out ideas and opinions, lolol. XD

Also, hope to see more profiles coming in... don't hesitate to send them my way. The sooner they are up, the sooner we can get the ball rolling. :)

Ok. The IC threads are all up. However, I ask that people refrain from posting in them until we've discussed the underlying plot premise first and foremost AND not before everyone has gotten their profiles approved and posted up in the profile thread. Thanks! Can't wait to get this started!!! :)

EDIT: Also, if additional threads are needed, either now or along the way, don't hesitate on asking about them or for them. With approval, I will post them on up for you if they are needed, helpful, enhance things, etc. This is a lax group and though there is structure I want us all to make this OURS. :)

Well what kinda weapons do the people of New Earth have? lasguns? bullter based weapons? energy based weapons? sharp sticks?

okay i was thinking her ship be big enoch for one person herself but yea have her arrive just as the zombies do when the rp starts and i could make her ship bigger to hold like 5 people so that way people fight over it or should it be 10.she could have her own crew but they do not make the crash just her. Nah she can man the ship herself it just be able to hold that many people like 5.

@Houndof Fenris: I picture them using a healthy mix of everything. So, I imagine them using laser guns and blasters, bullet based guns (from pistols to shotguns, maybe even semiautomatic guns) and possible other weapons such as spears, bows and arrows, crossbows, etc. Some of these might be highly advanced (think of the weapons used by Hawkeye or even Chewbacca) while others might be more primitive and reminiscent of classic 'Old West'. Hope that helps.

@wildkat: I definitely think it makes more sense for her to arrive closer to the start of the RP. I think it will add a nice twist to the potential plot ideas that could brew and add some nice tensions to the mix since I can see towns vying for the ship or passage on it, etc. Though I do think it should suffer some damage when she crash-lands so that it does need to go through repairs first. That way she's forced to stay grounded on 'new Earth' for a spell and people are forced to help repair the ship. As word spreads, and no doubt all the towns will see it crash (or hear it, at least), they will come looking for it hoping that they can salvage it for supplies and materials and possibly a means off planet.

Again....... thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc etc etc. XD

My character is a guard with a military background so he is pretty good with weapons but he wants to know how to find out what happen to his family and to end the zombie plague altogether if possible, though I won't have a problem seeing him died before he could ever make either come to pass. In RL I have a fear of zombie that I kind of loose it and start shooting everything moving.

It's possible that he can learn his parents died given that after the crash, he finds their dead bodies. He can possibly (at a later time in the RP) come across them as zombies if you want. This can go for any of us who have relatives of our characters on board the Neuleben vessel who died. Seeing as those bodies are exposed to the virus, they can indeed 'rise' as zombies and eventually meander into the towns if we want them to. I suggest if any of us do this, we give a heads up in here so that we all know how to handle things... that is, whether we allow for our characters to kill them off, give permission for another to kill them off or have them run away and leave the zombie relative to 'live' another day for a future encounter. It'll definitely make for an interesting time. Off the top of my head, I know one of my characters had a twin brother who survived and got bitten. But he was taken out by another random person and is thus 'dead'. Again, lol. But there are parents who could definitely come back. XD But anyway........... more stuff for us all to ponder. *nod nod*

I agree i want her to crash land and have the ship needed repairs at the start of the rp i really like the idea thanks for all the help dark angel want me to go ahead and update her background story.

@wildkat: *nods* Yes, please update her back story and we'll go from there. And you're welcome for the help and ideas and what not. I think this will turn out well. :)

Once everyone submits and posts their profiles, we can firm up the underlying plot ideas and get things rolling. And maybe even get some more people to join in as well. XD

How should it start off I like the idea of everyone is independent city of it's own. What about leaders and religions factions should that play a role in this a well like for example people sying that the zombies are are here as god's punishment for messing with the old earth.

That's something we can definitely do if people are game for it. As of right now, save wildkat's character since she appears at the start of the RP and isn't from 'old Earth' at all, all our characters seem to be residing in the newly built up town of Neuleben. Seeing as the town is the largest one, I'd expect there to be some underlying issues arising from within, some tensions. There might be some who are always pondering leaving for either Trocken Town or Patchen and then do (whether this is something that bothers those who 'run' Neuleben... who knows, it definitely could be and it could also be something that they try to stop and might even down right try to control). There also could be those in all the towns who do as suggested that speak about religion and how god is punishing them for their past, etc. This would definitely serve to raise the tensions, fear and paranoia of many... even those who might not be religious because they could see it as nature's way of condemning the weak and ousting the insignificant. There's a slew that could be done here and utilized. *nod nod* So yes, I can see such factions arising and possibly others as well. There even could be others who might try to usurp those currently in control, feeling that those in control aren't doing a good enough job.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming, everyone. The things you all are putting forth are awesome! And I see things shaping up quite nicely! I think we might be able to start soon once profiles are all up. WOOT! :)

Well for the Ship idea that Wildkat came up with, My guy is a mechanic so it seems I might have a role in aiding her ship. Though my guy is a Cyborg and he lives in the poorer section of town he is forced to live there because of the Voices (yes he hears voices in his head) but other then him being a raging Booze head I can't really think of too much of a plot for him. Considering all is family is either dead or left on old Earth and He has no background really save the Mechanical aspect of his life. So It seems the repairing of the ship seems like my kinda deal lol.

So, I've noticed we don't have any npcs at the moment, so I've thought turning Ashley's dead fiance into one. Perhaps his body was reanimated and turned into a zombie. This, of course, would really screw with Ashley, and she'd never have the heart to kill him. Assuming that she comes across him at some point. Any thoughts?

hey everyone! i am so pumped for this role play :)

just quickly wanted to share an idea I have been talking with DA about.

the concept is for there to be a small paramilitary force known as the Rangers (will really be the __________ Rangers..... the blank will be filled in with the native name for the planet once it is decided). the Rangers will be have a rather simple directive; to protect sentients from the infected. they will be a small force of 50-80 individuals who patrol the region, usually in squads of 4. of course most of the members will be nameless people that are never played, but i will be developing some npcs/adoptables for people to pick up

having said that i will be making a character who serves as one of the captains within the organization. he will be a
former Marshal who specialized in fugitive aprehension... still working on fleshing him out :p

i look forward to getting to know those of you i have not played with yet! lets have fun with this! (and apologies for lack of caps often... on my phone and it's quicker to type without them >_>)

As Rivine already knows, I soooo LOVE this idea. I think it fleshes out my initial concept quite beautifully and adds a lot of depth and color to it all. So, I'm all for it. I think it's quite manageable for a group RP setting and is something that has potential for growth as well and is something others can get their characters involved in, in some way should they choose. Also, it totally makes sense given the situation and circumstance. So yep, I support the idea fully. :)

Also, Brattygurl, definitely feel free to have your character's fiance come back as a zombie. Not sure if you need to go to the lengths of making him a full out NPC since he's a zombie and all and thus 'dead' and unable to truly communicate, etc. But by all means, feel free to have him return as a zombie. I think I may do the same with some of the 'dead' that are related to my own characters (ie, parents, etc who died during the crash). I think it makes sense to do it and would add some interesting drama. *nod nod* :)

okay i posted up my girls character profile looks like iam the only non human race haha

Hello again all!

DA and I have once again been chatting about things and I brought up two issues/topics/whatever that she thought I should present to all of you for discussion. Pretty much all of them are about background information involving Earth which could affect characters experiences and the like.

First off; will the US still have autonomy or will it have united with some other countries perhaps?

I personally could see the United States ceding some of it's authority to an international governing body at some point if the economic or political pressures were great enough. The matter of what causes them to seek a unification (perhaps at least militarily) with other nations is of course up for debate, as is the nature of the union. Maybe NATO evolves and becomes a governing body or something. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Secondly; how advanced do we want weapons technology to be?

Considering some lasers have been developed and a rail gun is in the works, i could see those being in service.... but maybe only for tanks, ships and aircraft due to needing large sources or energy? That could mean that firearms are still the primamry arms for the military, but maybe they use caseless ammunition now? Of course you could have that ammunition be outlawed for civilians. Or should we have firearms be outlawed for civilians in general?

Back
Top Bottom