Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Trouble with Treaties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tansen held back an inward smirk. "Oh yes, I understand completely. Not everyday they see such things I suppose. Very well we shall keep the use of our magic to a minimum in your kingdom, my lord." Tansen nodded, a very serious look upon his face. His finger tapping upon the chair, impatiently waiting.

"Till dinner then my lady!" Deston shouted as the group drifted away. He would never had guessed he was talking to the princess of the land. Shrugging her turned to see Lana, shouting for him.

"Must I? All they do is talk. I honestly don't know how you can stand it Lana." He complained, walking back towards her, evidently unaware of the danger in which he was just in.

Gavin nodded. He hadn't expected them to stop magic all together, but he didn't need to have his people witness it. "Thank you, Prince Tansen. That is all I can ask, really." He didn't want to start the treaty negotiations without Danbar present, but he could see how impatient Tansen was. Not that he blamed him, he was impatient as well.

"Prince Tansen, why don't we begin? We can save the tough matters for when both sets of mediators are here, but for now, why don't we talk about something that I feel we can come to terms on," Gavin said. "As you know, for centuries, Anstaria has kept the North passage guarded. I am not ashamed to say, it was to keep your people out. Your people have done the same thing on the other side of the pass; to keep us out, I imagine.

"My proposal is we both keep only the same number of people at the pass. We can agree on a number, I'm sure," Gavin said.

After he was done chanting underneath his breath Alastor looks up and hears the two Princes talk about the use of magic. Alastor knew that Prince Davin feared his nephew's magic. But not caring about what they were talking about he looks at the door hoping to see Deston and Lana. Knowing that there were Ritter Hex running about he feared for them both and hopped to see them soon

------------------------

Lana still had her scary face on until the Ritter Hex turned the corner. Looking up at Deston she tells him, "Yes, Deston you have to go. I don't like it anymore than you do...but we have to sit and wait for it to end. Well you sit I must stand to make sure no one tries to do anything stupid to fa..." It was hard for Lana not to say the word since she has been with him for almost her whole life.

"Well Deston at least you get to say something when you fear that it was not fair." As they walked back to the conference room she walks behind the Prince to keep a good eye on him. When Lana made it to the room she sees that Alastor was looking at the door.

((*stretches the RP muscle*))

For once it had been Honoré that been laid back and watching, not Valère. It was impossible for anyone to tell them apart. Including their own mother. Which was part of the reason they shared the title. The other reasons were more...personal. She lifted the fur hood from her head, and let the fur slide off her body, only to be caught by a waiting attendant servant who moved as if her life depending upon it, treating the animal skin coat with as much care as a child. Honoré paid absolutely no mind to the slave, simply expecting it to be done. A regal air about her person that showed despite their 'status' in the delegates, she had no cause for fear or unworthiness.

Straightening the length of her gown, she continued to look about the room, remaining silent for the moment as her frosty blue gray eyes moved over each person in the room, pausing to store the information somewhere in the back of her mind for later perusal. As her head turned the delicate braids of her hair that looped around the nape of her neck moved up and over her shoulder to fall gently at her breasts before falling back in place as her gaze came back to it's starting point. It was a unique hairstyle that drew attention to the admirably statuesque brunettes. Both she and her sister shared the same hair style.

Clothing, they differed only slightly, Honoré opting for a slightly less austere manner of dress. The dress was lower cut than Valeré, showing off what her sister conserved, a nice generous but not overly abundant C cup. It was not to be considered scandalous, it fit to her form. While she was no warrior woman to be covered with unsightly muscle, her form had not given over to fat like many woman. Once at her hip, the dress was stopped by a slender corded belt of gold, trimmed with precious droplet gems, before falling to the floor in elegant folds.

But when Lady Masako's 'creature' spoke, an elegant frown of distaste rippled across her lips, although only her sister could possibly tell it not a frown of surprise that she had painted upon her face in response. But before she could or would say anything in return, a jeu de paume batting conversation between the being, the prince and the lady began. The riding crop that Honoré carried in one hand was clenched as the only visible sign of aggravation. Was the 'Lady' really that stupid? She was going to completely ruin any hope that Goldspar had of using this situation to its advantage. Personally, she was rather surprised that the prince didn't simply lock away or banish the 'Lady' for her blatant disregard of the rules of engagement at a diplomatic meeting. After all, they were being hosted by the prince, he had the right to situate everything to his liking. Including forms of conduct. But that surprise only showed with a lift of her eyebrow. She'd had such hopes for the conduct of the prince. Hopefully he was simply trying to be diplomatic and wasn't simply weak.

No wonder no one wanted anything to do with this whole mess; no matter their urge for power. For now, it was simply to watch and wait.

Masako cut a hard glare on the two regal looking women. greedy bitches they were in her mind; arrogant women that didn't get their hands dirty and didn't have to earn their spot as nobility by blood and battle. She kept quiet where she was though before she got into anymore trouble, her arms crossed under her breasts and a blatantly sour look on her face. She hated dealing with men, to her they were all the same; arrogant morons that all had penis envy of each other and lived off their own egos, Gavin was no different. She was starting to wonder if most Anstarians were gay or something as well.

Reina remained completely impassive about it and politely greeted the others as they arrived, but he could sense his own delegates private glower at him. He was used to it; because his grandmother had dallied with a demon in the past didn't mean anything now but everyone wanted to think that it did. Idiots, the lot of them. But the look he gave Valere showed the fact he didn't give a damn about her opinion of him.

Gavin also placed the papers in front of the Comtesses. "Seeing as you are here to see to the good of Loidi, I would also like your input." He didn't mention the still missing Dabarians. He was confident that they could come to terms on this without any real help.

If he had to work with women, he preferrd the Comtesses. They were closer to the modesty that Anstarian women posessed. While not as modest, they were not as showy as the Baroness. For a man of Anstaria, it was the modesty and mystery of a woman that made her sensual. He was more inclined to Valera, who's dress was not as low cut.

In her room, Diane called on her lady's maid to help her change for dinner. Though it was a while away, getting in and out of the dresses and fixing her hair could take some time. She had barely met the delegates, and she wanted to make a good impression. Her dress would be the very example of feminity of Anstaria.

A man enters in a flutter of white, his snowy cloak billows behind him, and the light shines off the pearl enamel of his plate. He stalks swiftly across the carpets, an arrow straight, deadly swift line toward Lady Masenko's bodyguard. His sword is drawn in a flash, and a bloody spatter smacks into the stone walls behind the man when the knight smashes in Reina's head with his hilt.

He recovers the ring from the man's pocket. "You two, drag him into a cell." He orders two of the many Ritter Hex who are now flooding the room. "You two, keep the 'Lady' company for the duration of her stay." he points to Masenko with his sword. "Two on each Loidite." He orders some more men.

Two men go on either side of Gavin as well. The visitors who have not expressed any hostilities remain free, while each other is sandwiched by two armored Knights.

He strides to the center of the room and watches everyone's face as Reina is dragged out. "There is no magic in Anstaria." He states simply. "There is no magic in Anstaria." He repeats. "Don't make me tell you this a third time."

"Prince Gavin, I suggest you get underway. This many hotheads in one room with nothing to do is a boiling pot."

He sheathes his sword, but not his shield, and stands near Gavin, his helm concealing his face.

Gavin rubbed his forehead, feeling a headache coming on. As if this wasn't the worst day already. He groaned as the Ritter Hex burst in and dragged the 'bodyguard' out. Just what he needed, a war.

"Ritter Eloran," he said, "while I appreciate your enthusiam for our laws, please don't manhandle my guests on the first day." He stood and turned to his guests. "I appologize for this. I'd like to introduce you to the Ritter Hex. They make sure that magic doesn't exist in Anstaria. They take their jobs seriously."

He turned to the Ritter Hex. "Though, from now on, if my guests promise to not use magic in the public eye, I'm sure you can promise to not arrest them."

Honoré couldn't help it. The whole situation was completely absurd. Like something out of some high farce. A master of her own emotions, she did at least have a sense of humor and the last line of the prince was just too much for her not to be amused. She laughed, a soft dulcet laugh that did not intrude upon the setting, but simply laughed for the fact that it was funny. The entire situation. But she did not smother her laughter either. She simply let it state its presence and then die naturally, no matter how many hostile faces turned her way.

"Your Royal Highness." After all, it would not do to give anything less than his due to the royal personage hosting the proceedings. "I think everyone has established the rules you desire at this meeting. Could we not perchance turn to the reason we are all here? Perhaps in the politics that most of us are familiar with there will not be any untoward.." a small bruising comment towards the previous behavior exhibited. "behavior and we can learn to, if not enjoy each others company, work towards an amicable goal?"

The Ritter Hex got her attention though, the way he took command of the situation pleased her, even if the outcome was less than appealing. He'd be interesting to speak to, she thought.

(Ser Gareth Eloran, Ritter Hex)

Eloran's face is concealed, but his response takes a moment. "I will try not use lethal force as a first response. Your man will survive, 'Lady' Masenko." He says the word harshly. "An invisible man is a security risk, you see."

He is blushing beneath his visor, after that rush of adrenaline has ended. He acted properly. The only reason the teleporting Loidite's weren't dead is because that would ruin Gavin's negotiation attempt right off the bat. "I would ask our visitors to please respect our culture while they are guests in our homes."

He stands silently.

Gavin nodded. He couldn't help but feel like a blundering fool. His father had instructed him to be polite to his guests, as polite as the king would be if he were not ill. Had he had his way, most, if not all, of these people would not allowed to set foot on Anstarian soil.

"Thank you for your understanding, Comtess," he said. "I believe this meeting has gotten off on the wrong foot." He just wanted to get the treaty signed and get back to his life. He was avoiding bringing up his sister until he had to, having been instructed to use her as a bartering tool.

It had been an hour and a half, since the carriage arrived and the deligate from Danbar. His retinue had brought him to his quarters, taking thier time to sweep through the room before the Lord ever even stepped foot into it. Objects in the shadows, spotting what secrets might lie in the quarters, secret passages, spy holes and listening spots, concealed areas. Some were dealt with, even if that was simple as minorly rearranging a room to block access or sight. Some were left alone. Trunks were moved in, and the room was prepared for the Lord.

A short wash later, and the Lord was feeling much better. A delicate scent of jasmine left from the water, his coat removed, replaced with a lighter jacket of a dark blue coloring, a thin garmet it fit snug on his thin frame, left open along his front. It bore a simple style, without pockets or obtrusion upon it. A simple row of silver buttons down the front, a two inch wide collar standing up around his neck, made of a heavier, stiffer black material. It was trimmed in silver stitching, obviously the work of a true artisan who took pride in the delicate, shifting patterns he or she stitched, finished with a small replica of his clan's emblem upon the right collar.

Dressed, clean, relaxed, he finally made his way to the meeting. He attended alone, unlike the other deligates. He approached the chambers at a stately pace, leaving a word with whatever servant was outside to announce his presence to the crown prince, preferring to arrive within protocols rather than a rude bursting in upon the gathering.

As soon as he was signaled to be allowed entry, he stepped through the doors, offering a bow to the host once he took a step through the portal, much as he had to the princess before. He rose, saying nothing as he crossed the room. He stood up tall and straight, shoulders back, chin up, unconcerned with the sight of blood in the room, the downed man, the armed knights, or the savage looking counterpart from Goldspar. He took his seat with grace, pulling up to the negioation table in silence. His eyes looked to the Prince, waiting for a sign that the real work was about to begin.

Gavin smiled as Lord Martinez entered the room. Now they could get down to business. "Lord Martinez, welcome. Now, we can start some of the negotiations before dinner. I trust you found your rooms acceptable?"

He pointed to the papers in front of him and Prince Tansen. "We were going over the new numbers for the sentries at either side of the NOrth Pass. Would you like to offer any input?" Gavin hadn't worked with Lord Martinez, but his father gave the man a glowing review. For most of the trade agreements with Danbar, Lord Martinez was the man who signed them. If anyone would know how the Loidite trade was, it would be this man.

Gavin also intended on talking to Martinez about the marriage of his sister. The king wanted Diane's marriage to further the treaty, but Gavin was not about to hand his sister over to a mage.

Martinez nodded once as the Prince asked him about his accomodations, giving his silent approval. He kept his hands folded before him on the table right before him. His gaze wandered for just a moment as the Prince spoke, keeping a quick glance at the other deligates, registering thier appearances and reactions in his mind before he focused back on the question at hand.

He cleared his throat quietly, his gaze shifting back to the deligates from Loidi before returning to the Prince. With a calm, collected aplomb he answered, "A strengthening of the garrisons on both sides would be most beneficial."

Gavin looked a little surprised. "Actually, Lord Martinez, I was thinking of reducing the number of soldiers on either side. To show that we now can trust each other. I'd like to hear your reasons on why we should continue with the larger garrisons?"

Gavin knew the logic in Martinez's idea, but he didn't want to give Loidi a reason to build an army. The North Pass was often the point where either side would declare a need for an army. He had hoped to show a guesture of peace by not having the North Pass be so hostile. However, he didn't like the idea of leaving it vulnerable. Who knew what the Loidites would do?

"Prince Tansen, would you like to add anything?"

Martinez nodded and tilted his head slightly towarsd the Prince as he asked his question. He leaned forward slowly, his elbows upon the edge of the table, his palms pressed flat against each other, fingers just pressing against the bottom of his chin. His body seemed relaxed, his eyes half closed as he answered.

"For peace, your highness, and the prosperity of both nations. A smaller garrison would be more, susceptible to certain improprieties that occur upon border garrisons. A larger garrison would be less likely to falter. And could perform its duties quicker, and more throughly, allowing the pass to be more than it currently is, bringing new wealth to both sides."

Masako seemed almost completely unaffected by the actions taken, the boy was more demonic than she was and fully capable of escaping from a prison cell if need be. this was already getting tiresome and she was just about to up and leave herself seeing as her ability to sway the male gender by passive (infernal) means didn't work on the hardheaded Anstarians. "Do what you believe in I suppose. At least I can respect someone for taking action instead of merely talking." she said directing a faint gimlet glare at the other delegates.

Despite the strike, Reina was already coming back around; having always been quick to recover and the fact he twisted out of the way enough on pure instinct to avoid being totally hit by it. "You Ritter Hex sure are strict." he said unemotionally but in an absolutely frigid tone." the tiefling said and caught up on hish feet and got up to them while being drug. "I'm not going to violate my contract with the goldsparite nobility and not attend to them, even the Comtess'." He said and dropped his weight suddenly and slid backward, pulling himself free of their grasp. "I don't have any real magical abilities other than my overall nature." He shrugged and looked at the others. "and I'm sure you knights understand the propriety of a contractual agreement do you not?" Reina said, the cold "I don't care" tone he had perhaps was surprising.

Masako laughed openly. "Oh just let him go, I beg of you. Please." she said, turning her charm on the Hex with a batting of her eyes and a demure, pretty smile. "In fact, if it would please his highness, I shall even go and change my outfit since he finds it offensive." She added in, figuring it would be indeed best to simply make the change than have EVERYONE looking down on her.

(Alright, I guess Reina is standing, but that means he's got two Ritter Hex on either side of him.)

The Knight adds something. "The job of the men at the border is to protect against the other men on the other side of the border. More men on either side means they are defending against more men. There are no other significant duties on the border garrisons. More men is more wasted men."

Gavin felt his eye twitch. "My dear Baroness," he said, turning to Masako, "I would appreciate it if you stopped reading my mind. I haven't said a word about your attire, and yet, this is the third time or so that you've voiced my thoughts for me. If you do so once more, I will take it as show of power and place you under house arrest until we can ship you back to Goldspar. The Loidites have kindly refrained from any more displays of power since their arrival, but you have not. I do not like the idea of people reading my mind, trespassing where they are not wanted. Refrain from it, or else."

Standing, he took up the papers. "That being said, I think a breather is in order. You will be escorted to your rooms if you wish to change and freshen up. Baroness Masako, I do suggest you change. My sister will be joining us for dinner, and I would rather she not be exposed to your displays."

"The Ritter Hex will act as your escorts, for everyone. As you can see, I am not asking for more then I am willing to take, as Ritter Eloran is my personal guard." Gavin moved toward the door. "Perhaps, negotiations will be smoother when one's mind is more at ease."

Despite how much it seemed a lot of time had passed, Honoré knew that it had not and all the drama had only taken minutes of their time. Somehow she doubted that their rooms were ready if they hadn't been before their arrival. But as long as she could find a basin, she could at least freshen up more than she was. She cast her gaze over the assemblage before pausing at her and her sister's counterpart and mentally shook her head and moved on, making note of each face and name before moving back to the prince.

"Your royal Highness. I understand that our particular situation had caught you unprepared, but if you could at least allow me and my sister a place to freshen up personally, it would mean a great deal to us. Our servants can wait, but we do have a gift for you and your sister that I would prefer seen presented before any politics begin." After all, it was just proper to give a host a gift when visiting their home.

"Of course," Gavin said. "You will be escorted to my sister's chambers. You can freshen up there, if you choose." He turned to the Ritter Hex by the door. "Please, escort them to the princess's rooms, and then escort my sister to the gardens. That will give the Comtesses time to freshen up. Should you get ready early, Comtess, I would be honored to see what you have brought."

He started to leave, but stopped by the Comtesses and kissed each of them on the hand. "Till tonight," he said and left.

"Thank you, your Grace." curtsying as he stood from kissing each of their hands. It always did them pleasure to see each other treated equally. Turning, she touched the riding crop gently to the face of first one slave, and then another, the touch of the leather sending a small shiver through each of the slaves. They were trained to her touch after all, and the crop merely an extension of that. Without a word, each of the rose from their kneeling position and gracefully moved towards the door, back to the carriage and the gift that the sisters would have time to look over.

Giving a small nod to Valère, Honoré strode towards the guard that had been indicated with a grace that belied her own personal strength. It seemed almost as if she truly glided. She gave him a small smile, actually paying attention to one who generally did not receive much attention. In a way, most people believed that a soldier was there as unseen protection and decoration. But Honoré was firmly of the mind which that which protected can also kills, so it does good to pay them mind.

"If you please, good sirrah."

With a salute and bow, the soldier turned, leading the two sisters towards the room.

((Damn a lot has happened.))

Alastor was looking at he Ritter Hex that just knocked out Masako's bodyguard. Not liking what he did Alastor was still a guest and could not say anything to him. Looking back at Lana he gave the look of no magic. When Prince Gavin asked about the number of men should be at the outpost he was going to say something but he was not here to do the negotiations, he was just here to make sure his nephews were safe and things went smoothly. Playing with his amulet he patiently waits for his nephew to answer the man.

Listening to the people talk Alastor was actually starting to have a little fun. It reminded him of his brother and him trying to negotiate with their dad. It just went nowhere. When the Prince told them that negotiations will continue later he was hoping that things were going good.

Lana started to walk with the Ritter Hex that was escorting her to her room. She knew about how the men and women were not able to sleep in the same wing and she was a bit concerned because she has never been from Alastor's side for no more than a room away.

Tansen had instinctively reached for his blade at the sign of aggression from the Ritter Hex, having fought in the war himself he knew how very dangerous they could be. His hand returned to above the table once he heard the reason for such an act making a mental note to warn his brother to never, 'show off', as he would say. A very large frown sprung across his face as he had heard about the guards to be posted on the Lodite guests. It was true their arrival may have been untrustworthy worthy but, he was sure that was no need for TWO personal babysitters. "Yes a fewer men at the Pass would surely allow for aggressions to cool. Not to mention show trust in between our nations, but I refuse to have fewer men posted than, I believe must be posted to protect our nation. But this discussion is for another time then."

Rising out of his seat, Tansen, quickly added, "But before we leave I would like to speak with miss Masko, and Prince Gavin, privately. Preferably without the company of any Ritter Hex. I would hate to believe we are so distrusted to have this request denied." Tansen was fuming over the actions of the Hex's. He would refuse to continue negotiations, if he were to be followed by Anastairi assassins for the duration of his visit.

Deston busted up laughing as the Hex attacked the guard. The boy not knowing the danger he was in for doing so thought nothing of it. He believed himself invincible to such Hex's. He had never seen one though he had heard they were dangerous, he had conquered the dangers of magic, thus believing himself capable of anything. His thoughts obviously misguided.

He looked at his new 'guards' smiling. The men looked so foreign to anything he had seen before. He rose as the group was dismissed following the two men to his quarters. Or at least he assumed that they were taking him to his room.

Gavin paused at the door, hearing Prince Tansen's request. "Of course," he said, turning around. "Anything you wish to talk about, Prince?" He dismissed the Ritter Hex, knowing they would stand at the door and wait. He wasn't exactly excited about being in the same room with Masako, but he was still trying to be diplomatic with the Loidites. As far as Gavin was concerned, the Comtesses were the delegates from Goldspar.

Diane had finished getting dressed when there was a knock at her door. Her lady's maid stopped in mid-motion with her hair, not sure if she should answer or not.

"Who is it," Diane asked.

"Ritter Hasglow. I have the Comtesses Valere and Honore with me," came a male voice. "His Highness has told them that they may change and refreash in your room while theirs is made up."

Diane motioned for the maid to open the door. She looked out the open door at the two women. "My room is yours. I am sorry that I don't appear better, but you caught me in the middle of getting my hair done."

"Your brother also requested that you go to the gardens until dinner," Ritter Hasglow said.

"May I finish my hair?"

Ritter Hasglow sighed. "Very well, but not a moment longer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom