Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Trouble with Treaties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gavin, Prince of Anstaria, drummed his fingers on the arms of his throne. After his father's illness, he was placed in charge of this ridiculous venture. A peace treaty with Loidi. Just the thought of it made him sick. How could his kingdom trust that of Loidi after years of war. And, on top of that, the Loidites were backwoods magic users. He knew he couldn't trust that sort.

But, it was his father's dream, and he was going to try. That was the least he could do. And, if it didn't go as planned, it wouldn't be his fault. In a few moments, the delegates from the surrounding kingdoms would come in to start the first round of negotiations. Both his and the Loidites would have mediators to help soothe the problems of the two kingdoms. He had picked the kingdom of Danbar to the south, a kingdom that was slowly moving away from magic and into the age of science. The Loidites had picked Goldspar, a kingdom that Gavin felt was just as traitorous.

"You're worrying again." A cool, soothing hand was placed across his brow. He looked up at his twin sister, Diane. She shouldn't even be in the room, women knew nothing of politics. This was a man's game.

"I'm fine, Diane," Gavin said, smiling. "You should leave before the delegates get here. I don't want you exposed to those foreigners."

Diane nodded. "I was just worried about you." In truth, she was curious, but she understood that her brother worried. It was a foreigner that caused the most damage to Anstaria in the past, and no foreigner was going to get near his sister.

Gavin and Diane were twins, but he was born first. Not that it mattered, he would have been heir to the kingdom anyway. Both had tan skin and dark red hair with bright blue eyes. Gavin was hoping to marry his sister off to a Duke in Danbar, and wanted to talk to Lord Martinez about that. As part of the peace treaty, Gavin knew that his father wanted Diane offered up on the platter to Loidi, but that would happen over his dead body.

While Gavin waited for the first delegate to arrive, Diane went to hide in the garden. She would be able to see the delegates from there. She had heard a rumor that some of the delegates were women, and the idea of a woman in position of power interested her.

Indeed one of the delegates was a woman, one from Goldspar and she'd be among the first to arrive; having simply been closest to the area when word reached her. There was something decidedly inhuman about her and it was painfully obvious; particularly in how she was taller than most men and seemed to be stronger built as well with a sort of supernatural allure. Masako had arrived via nightmare the day before and had dismissed her demon-horse when they arrived in the gates of the city and strode confidently toward the palace. "Out of my way." she'd repeatedly say to people getting influenced by her succubi-based appeal and grinned at it all.

She was beautiful as well, long, almost knee-length hair that resembled gold spun out into silk laid thick top her head. Her eyes a swimming oceanic blue color with slitted pupils. Her skintone was tanned and her bustline very large. In fact she'd throw one smitten young man so hard against a building it put a human-shaped dent in it, which kept the others away. Masako was dressed in a leather corset that accentuated her bust over a full length black dress that bore a long slit up one side to her thigh and wore low-boots on her feet as she approached the castle. "Knock knock" she smirked as she entered.

When she approached the throne room and saw Gavin she bowed fluidly. "Hello your Highness." she said in a rich voice. "You're much younger than I was lead to believe." she said, seeming to be unarmed.

When Gavin first saw the Lady Masako, he felt his jaw drop. She was a vision of lovliness. He had never seen a woman so beautiful before. Shaking his head, he forced himself to think about the business at hand. Once he could think again, he found that some of her charm had worn off. If his sister ever dared to walk around like that, he'd hand her over the Ritter Hex to be burned. Seeing as Lady Masako was a guest, there was little Gavin could do to her.

"My father is unable to attend this meeting," Gavin said. "As his son, I hold full authority in this matter. Would you like to wait for the other delegates, or see to your chambers. As a woman, Lady Masako, we set you up in the Queen's suites in the woman's quarters. I'm sure they will meet with your approval."

He made a mental note to move his sister further away from the queen's suites. He did not trust what kind of foolishness on equality that this woman would poison his sister with.

Masako grinned wickedly at him, her blue eyes watching him for a smolderingly confident moment, studying him; trying to gauge his response to her. Oh yes she could use it to her advantage at some point, she had other tricks up her sleeve as well but she wouldn't play those just yet. The women's chambers? Oh yeah that's right, this place practiced sexist beliefs that held women as lower than men and had to separate them at all times it seemed. She hated that; having been raised in a virtual barbarian clan; lead by women for the most part: ok they were Amazons but who cared...? "I'll wait here for the others, I'd like to meet them before I wander off to see what you have to offer." She said casually.

She held her ground and didn't seem at all intimidated by him and his authority. "That's too bad though. I would've...liked to meet him." she purred to Gavin. Sure she meant other things, afterall that's how Allurin and succubi got things they wanted. "I don't doubt they they would meet my tastes but like I said; I'd want ot meet the others first so it doesn't seem like I'm hiding much." She said. "But I have to be formal and apologize, you're going to get a complaint about a young man getting hurled into a wall." she said.

Gavin gritted his teeth. "I've already heard about the young man," he said. His hands were tied. He couldn't arrest her, she was a delegate and under immunity. "If that happens again, though, I will have to ask you to leave. This is a peace meeting, so throwing my people into walls is not peaceful." Frankly, he wanted to tell her to dress like a lady and not walk around in clothes that revealed more then it concealed.

He waved his hand to the row of chairs alongside the throne. "Have a seat, Lady Masako. I'm sure the other delegates will arrive shortly." He sent a silent prayer to the gods that no more women came to represent a kingdom. He could not work with women who thought themselves on the same level as he.

"Then tell them to keep their hands off." Masako said plainly. "I was raised in a matriarchal clan of amazons, we don't tolerate being touched without permission well." She wanted him and circled around to and took a seat and leaned it back on two legs and planted her booted feet up on the table and whistled some, exposing an unseeming amount of long tanned leg. "It might be peaceful but everyone has a right to protect themselves according to what they learned and how they were raised. You might raise sheep in this village but remember:eek:thers raise predators." She said. "Or in my case...things unnatural." Masako cackled amusedly. "And if you don't like my mode of dress. Consider yourself lucky, I could've shown up here in full armor and armed to the teeth like my grandmother wanted."

The Lord Martinez's entrance to the city was nowhere near as dramatic as the previous deligate. His retinue arrived by carriage, two horse drawn, with simple, understated, well dressed men riding team and shotgun. The coach itself was well appointed, silver inlining, great craftmenship, a dark, polished wooden frame with an advanced suspension that seemed to let the vehicle ride over the dirt and roads without even the slightest of rocking. It came down the main avenue through the city, deviating not a bit from the most direct route towards the castle. A third of the way towards the castle, two men peeled out of the crowd and started pacing on either side of the carriage, the coachman seeming not to care. Another third, and two more peeled away, joining hte first two, flanking the carriage on the four corners. They were well built, keeping an eye out towards the crowds and passerbys. No visable weapons upon them, but they walked with a confidence and alertness that was unmistakable as a professional guardsman.

They approached the castle with nowhere near the uproar that the previous diplomat did. They halted where called for, the coachman presenting papers identifying themselves as invited guests and diplomats. A few polite words were offered from inside the carriage, nothing too revealing, only stating that they would be making thier quarters first, and to inform the host of that being the case.

They pulled around to whatever buildings lay around to tend to beasts and vehicles, the passengers riding the whole way in before the coachman finally stepped down, opening the door and lowering the step. First came out an elderly woman, her hair long since turned white. Her eyes seemed to be failing her, needing the coachman to help her down to the ground. Her back was hunched over, her face wrinkled, her skin pale, the veins just beneath the surface starting to show in spots. She was dressed warmly, bundled in furs despite the season, a thick coat crafted from creatures native to Goldspar. She moved slowly, gingerly, her whole body seeming to be in pain from the way she moved.

Next came out a gentleman, young, cunning. His hair slicked back and dark. He had a sharp look about his face, a straight nose, angular features, his mouth seemed almost frozen in a half smirk. He was tall and gaunt, having to crouch over badly to get out of the carriage door, standing up to a full seven feet when he was down on the ground. He wore the simple garb of a servant, black clothing, a finely tailored, trimmed vest, loose shirt dyed black, with a bit of a puff to the sleeves, his breaches pressed and smooth, his shoes well cobbled, buffed to a fine shine. He picked at some nigh invisible speck on his shoulder while waiting for the last one.

And last, came Lord Martinez himself. The slight man was dressed in a long coat of a rich, dark green. Gold embroidery on the cuffs, well polished silver buttons, a loose cut, without belt. A silken white shirt lurked beneath it, tailored to fit him almost perfectly, nearly snug against his frame. A wide black leather belt sinched up around his waist, with a buckle wrought of polished brass, upon his right side a short dagger scabbard, inlaid with silver, its handle silver with small rubies embedded in it. It was clearly a ceremonial and decorative piece, and not a functional weapon. He wore a pair of high boots, coming up past his knee, crafted of fine, soft brown leather, his green silken breeches tucked into the boots.

He moved confidently, his retinue doing what they were ment for, each knowing thier job and not needing the Lord's reminders. The Lord gazed around slowly, taking in this humble area of the castle, its stables, knowing that there were probably over a dozen pairs of eyes watching them in addition to the those who were helping house the animals.

"To our quarters," he ordered, wondering which of those pairs of eyes would be responsible for such accomodations and waiting to do his job.

Gavin nodded. "Very well, Lady Masako, it will be ordered that none shall touch you," he said. "Will that be satisfactory?" At that moment, a servant came in and whispered in the prince's ear. He waved the servant away and turned to Masako. "Another delegate from arrived. Lord Martinez has requested a chance to clean up in his quarters first. Why don't we have some refreshments served while we wait?" He motioned for a servant to bring a fruit tray and some wine.

In the gardens, Diana looked around the wall as the next delegate arrived. She had never been allowed to see any foreigners and was fascinated by the carriage and different style of dress. She felt rather plain when compaired to the old woman. When the very regal man announced that he wanted to see his quarters, she stepped out of the garden.

"A servant can take you to your quarters, sir, but the woman will have to come with me to the women's quarters," she said. "I'm sorry, but that is how things are done here. If I can have your names, I'll know which rooms would be set aside for her."

"You don't have to go that far, I actually don't mind it but it does get annoying sometimes to have every single person trying to grab you." She pointed out casually. She was often torn like that; her half succubus side driving her toward the attention but her human pride kept her away from getting too much of it. "I would like that, thank you. You're a most gracious host." Masako said pleasantly and grabbed one of the oranges and flicked it into the air a few times before wiping it off off and sniffed it to detect any poison or other impurities and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't. She would take a bite out of it, waxy skin and all, displaying for a moment, non-human type fangs as she did. "It's delicious."

Tansen and his companions arrived in a very meaningful manner. Through magic they were able to bring themselves to the courtyard directly, no need for such things as carriages. Such things were waists of time when they had such power at their finger tips. But it would also be an insult to the magic hating people of Anstaria to come into their home in such a manor.

He took a quick glance around the courtyard, dressed in his court clothing, ready to begin negotiations. He his apparel included, a rather tight fitting top, colored in multiple shades of red, and loose fitting silken black pants. The others around him wearing relatively similar clothing, he caught the attention of a servant. "You Anstarian! Give word that I shall arrive into the meeting room soon." He sent the man off.

Looking at his advisers and giving nods of approval, the group traveled into the building.

One young man stayed back, though he seemed to be wearing the clothes of an adviser. His red robes draping around his body, he would rather see what the area was like. The politics being boring for Deston. He walked along the courtyard watching the foreigners go about there busy lives. He all found it very weird, they each seeming to have different do-dads and things of the sort. He found himself walking into the another section of the courtyards, away from the entrance, where flowers grew in beautiful patterns.

He began to browse the distinct flowers often finding herbs and plants rare to Loidi, that he could often use in his spells. As he went along he noticed a young lady standing on bench looking into a room of the palace. He immediately was able to distinguish her as an Anstarian. Hearing that such women in this land often acted far different than in his own land he decided to watch her, and see if he could spot any himself.

Entering the courtyard after his nephews and advisers Alastor sat down on a bench that was about four feet away. He was wearing a nice printed dark green and dark red mage outfit that he got when he became a first enchanter. Holding his amulet that was held by a gold chain he looks around the garden that he only dreamed of seeing when his country were to take it over. The servants that passed him as he sat there looked at him as if he didn't belong. In reality he didn't.

When he heard one of the servants say that they should tell a guard he got up and walked into the building where his eldest nephew entered. Alastor was not the type to use his title to get other servants to do as he pleased unless they were told to. There was nothing wrong with people speaking their mind so he just let it be.

Anstaria had a nice layout for their castle that he could not help but look at the architecture of it. "I wonder how long this could withstand my magic." One of the guards looked at him and told him to keep it moving. Looking back at him he nods and moves on to the conference room. When he entered he saw all four kingdoms in one room with them trying to kill each other. Walking around the table he finds a seat next to Tansen. Leaning in he asked him, "Where is your brother?"

Alastor was always concerned for Deston's safety and tried to watch him the the best he could but was hard because he still had other matters to attend to.

Gavin's lip curled with disgust as he watched Masako eat the orange; rind and all. He handed her a napkin, wondering why the Goldsparites had picked her to represent them. Maybe she had some connection to the royal family of Loidi? Or she could have just been the one to intercept the messenger. Whatever the case, he really questioned the judgement of that decision.

Just then, a servant came running in. "Your Highness! The Loidites arrived!"

"Good. And the Danbarians?"

"Arrived as well."

"Send them in."

The servant shivered. "Your Highness, the Loidites appeared out of thin air. They used magic, your Highness."

Gavin swore. They had given him their word! This was not a good start to these meetings.

Diane screamed as the group appeared in the courtyard. She turned and ran back in the garden, needing to warn her brother. Wizards, in Anstaria! Someone had to call on the Ritter Hex to take care of those unnatural creatures. She wasn't allowed in the throne room, but she tried to get her brother's attention by climbing up on a bench under the windows to the throne room. She could see him, but he was too busy to notice her.

Climbing down, she gave a yelp as she noticed one of the Loidites had seen her. Her hand went up to grasp the broach that closed the neck of her dress. She was covered from head to toe, but she felt exposed.

"Don't come near me," she said, "or I'll scream."

Masako had been chosen because at the time she had a legitimate claim to the throne of Goldspar as it was currently, that and they felt that sending a woman would shake the Anatasians up enough to make them lose their focus on the Loidites for a bit. She had instructions to do whatever she could to prevent them from making peace and drive them headlong into war if it was at all possible. She polished off the orange easily enough, grinning faintly at the look of disgust that Gavin was giving her. "Pardon me mi'lord, but if you don't like how i eat the oranges, then don't look." She pointed out. "Though I am interested. How are you EXPECTING me to act? hmmmm?" she purred and glanced at the door.

She'd felt the pulsewave of the magical teleportation and knew that the Loiditess had arrived.. She remained as she was and relaxed, feeling no pressure to get up to greet them yet. She had a guardian that came with her but he was using magic to render himself invisible to anyone but her and anyone that could see magical energy.

Gavin looked as though he had swallowed a bug. It wasn't her question that bothered him, but that she had voiced a question he had not asked. In fact, this was about the third time she had done it. He had thought the first time was just a coincidence. The second time made the hairs on his arms stand on end. Now, he couldn't ignore it.

"My dear Lady Masako," he said through gritted teeth, "why do I have the feeling you're reading my mind? Though I can't stop you from being a magic-user, I can ask that you refrain from showing off your unnatural talents while in my kingdom. Anstaria has always been, and will always be, a safe haven from those tainted by magic. Do not flaunt it in my face."

He didn't have to remind her that he was royalty and this was his kingdom. She was a guest and should respect that. "As for how I expect you to act, as a lady would be nice. Feet off the table and use manners when you eat. Didn't they teach that in Goldspar?" He was starting to wonder if his plan to allow his sister to join the delegates for dinner was a wise one. If this was what he would be exposing his innocent sister to, then he'd be better off locking her in the tower until they all went away.

"They do."

The voice was powerful and commanded authority, its speaker was upright and regal; but most of all the voice and speaker were feminine. Comtesse Valere de Morhban, along with her sister, had arrived only moments before and where escorted into the hall by a series of flanking guards. With the sisters were a series of servants which seemed more objects of art then any practical tool; all were female, save a curious male that trailed at the end.

With furs draping across her shoulders the Comtesse made her way, she was dressed simply; but elegantly. Of the two Valere was the more austere. Her clothes may have been cut from the finest fabrics; but they did nothing to make her look like a whore.

"Some just don't take to it."

Gavin stood up. This group of women put him slightly more at ease. Though he still disagreed with women in politics, this group seemed a little more like his opinion of delegates should be.

"You must be the Comtesses Morhbar," he said, smiling. "I recieved the notice from Goldspar that you would be joining the delegates, but it was rather late. I appoligize, but your rooms aren't ready yet. They will be before dinner, if you wish to freshen up. Until then, why don't you join us?"

He gustured to the long table by the throne. He was rather pleased by this wave of delegates. It was almost enough that he thought that his sister might actually get to meet them. Almost enough.

"We are just waiting on the Danbarians, who I believe are freshening up, and the Loidites, who made quite an entrance," Gavin said, the last part though a false smile and gritted teeth. He would have to talk to the Loidites about using magic openly on his land.

When the other delegates showed up, Masako simply remained seated where she was and nodded her head in greeting to them but she did put her feet back on the ground. "Nice to see you finally got here. Have trouble?" she asked in a nice enough tone. She was considerably nicer to them than she was to Gavin, even showing them a measure of courtesy, that would probably upset him but that's how she was. She didn't like men as a whole except for a few key individuals whom weren't there.

Seemingly from the wall nearby, a young man with long Light-red hair and a creamy, fair skintone with orange-red eyes wearing black leather in both his vest, pants and boots with a dark blue undertunic. "Hello there Ladies." he said to the new delegates politely and nodded a greeting to Gavin. "Sorry if I've surprised you but I was instructed to stay more or less out of sight." He said politely, he was a blatant pretty boy with a navy blue..hairband?

Gavin's face turned an interesting shade of purple as the man suddenly appeared. It was just another glitch in the day. He couldn't believe the gall of these people! Magic users on his land, women walking around half dressed, invisible men just prancing into his throne room! It was too much.

"You, sir, will hand over any magical device you used to make yourself unseen," he ordered. "No more magic! You will not be invisible in my castle."

Taking a deep breath, he pulled a servant closer. "Get the Ritter Hex to guard my sister until all of the delegates leave!" He would also place a few around him as bodyguards. He didn't trust magic, and this was a good reason why. He couldn't wait until this treaty was over with. He wanted his nice, peaceful kingdom back in order and magic banished again.

Reina just gave him a blithe stare for a moment, he had a kind of cold indifference to him like nothing here fazed or bothered him. "I won't hand it over because I know I won't get it back. But I give you my word on my reputation that I won't use it again." He said, removing a small ring from his finger and pocketed it and leaned up against the wall and thought it might be good to be honest and removed his hairband, exposing his cat ear horns and put it away as well. "Is that better? I assure you that I'm totally unarmed, you can check for yourself if you wish." he said with a shrug. Instead, he produced a comb and began to brush out his long hair since he had nothing much more to do, careful to try and use it to conceal as much of his horns as possible. Before that, he removed a ring from his other hand that was making him able to supernaturally evade attacks.

Masako facepalmed a bit and actually looked shamefaced. "I'm sorry. I forgot to mention it..." she said ruefully. She had to wonder for a moment if Gavin had something against them personally for being infernally heritaged. Perhaps the blithe Reina should've been the delegate, he was known throughout Goldspar to be both ruthless but honorable about agreements. But his fee was rather high, a dark horse that owed allegiance to nobody and worked for the highest bidder. The only jobs he wouldn't take would be those that involved putting children at risk or attacking the disabled. And being half-dressed? Masako wore this because she was comfortable like that; she hated gowns and concealing dresses; feeling more comfortable in armor than satin. "I assure you Lord Gavin that my bodyguard isn't here for any other reason than to be a bodyguard." she said politely.

(Time Hacking to catch up)

"A servant can take you to your quarters, sir, but the woman will have to come with me to the women's quarters," she said. "I'm sorry, but that is how things are done here. If I can have your names, I'll know which rooms would be set aside for her."

The Lord turned to see, of all things, a woman being the one to greet him. The mild shock that he felt never came to his face beyond a slight focusing on his eyes upon her, squinting in to make sure it was actually a "Her" and not just an effeminate male. He recovered smoothly from it, giving the woman a deep bow at his waist, right foot forward, bending down so far that his head was nearly at his knees.

Her appearance was unmistakable. So alike the family that he had been briefed upon, she was surely of the royal line. He rose slowly from the bow after proper time, looking the woman in the face. "I ask that this man accompany her. Her health is fragile and he is her personal physician, well familiar with her conditions and cures," he gestured towards the sharp featured man who came out right before him.

With that put forth, he waited for the servants to arrive and show them to thier quarters, his men handled the baggage, taking it down from the carriage, including several large brass bound trunks, of a darkly stained hardwood. The Lord, Coachman, Doctor, and elderly lady started walking out of the stables, sauntering towards the gardens in a loose diamond formation, the Lord at the point, the Doctor to his right, hanging back slightly more to watch over the elderly woman at the rear, while the coachman was at his left, closer to his side.

They were there to watch the Loidites appear. And stood watching impassively as one of them took quite a shine to the princess. The Lord cleared his throat loudly towards the young man who had taken the shine upon her. He said nothing, but gave the man a hard stare. She was the princess, and the way this land was, he fully expected there to be people watching her, probably even those knights who fought and slayed wizards.

"First time from home, I gather," he said quietly towards the man, gesturing subtly for him to come over towards his side, rather than sit out there like a bump on a log staring at the princess. "Quite curious about this place, so different from your own. Forgetting about the basics in awe of the new and strange, quite understandable."

With that, new Loidite in tow or not, he would follow after the servants leading his men and his baggage to their quarters.

Tansen walked into the meeting room, a wide smile on his face. It was always going to be a good day when he was able to cause havoc in Anstaria. He looked around the meeting room. He could see the room was already at each others throats, and negotiations were not even started yet. He could see this war starting up rather soon once again.

"My dear apologize, prince. We were a bit strapped on time, deciding to take the quicker route." He bowed to the group that had gathered, then taking his seat. As his uncle sat beside him, laying the question down, Tansen shrugged. He never really knew where his younger brother was. Often getting in trouble most of the time. He was sure to hear stories of him later on in the day. "I don't know uncle. He was told to follow us into the room, but you know how he is. Never one for the politics. If you are worried for him send a guard to find him."

---------------------------------------------

Deston looked at the woman in shock, nearly laughing at her. "And why would you do such a crazy thing?" He had never been outside of Loidi, not truly understanding the Anstarian way. The woman of this land seemed so crazy and befuddling. He crossed his arms smiling at her. "What is it you have to scream about?"

The woman seemed as if she was in a panicked state, for what he had no clue. If nothing else it would provide a good story for later on, but at the moment she was providing entertainment. Deston hated these political meetings. Always full of such talk and nothing ever really happened. Often feeling as if he would have more fun in a seaming house. At least there people actually spoke their mind.

Gavin sighed as the Loidite party entered the room. He sat back down to hide his shaking hands. "Prince Tansen, it is an honor to finally meet you. Please, have a seat. We are just waiting for the Danbarians, then we can start." He tried to smile, but his nerves were shot. Having so many strangers in his home.

"I took the liberty of infoming my cooks of the list of foods your father sent at the beginning of the talks for this treaty," Gavin said. "Tonight, as a guesture of peace, we will dine on the favorite foods of Loidi."

Diane eased herself away from the magic-user. He didn't seem dangerous, but she had grown up on stories of what magic could do. She didn't want her soul sucked from her body.

"Why would I scream," she asked. "You're a magic-user. I just saw you appear out of no where. You're dangerous." She kept her eyes on him as she started out of the gardens when a squad of the Ritter Hex approached her.

"Your Highness, your brother has declared that we are to escort you while his guests are in the palace," one of the Ritter Hex announced. "We believe it would be best for you to return to your chambers until dinner."

"Many thanks my lord, we hope such gestures shall lead to a peace between our nations." Tansen smiled, though he hated the thought of Anstarians, butchering his favorite foods. The very thought of peace sickened him. After all the lives that had been lost, he still didn't agree with his father about peace ever laying between the nations. But if it would keep his country safe then so be it. There was always the next day to kill Anstarians.

-----------------------------

"Ok so you can point out the obvious." Deston laughed as she backed away. "I fail to see the difference between me and the Ritter Hex your land holds." He looked at her expectantly.

No sooner had he spoke the words then did the men approach. "Speak of the devils. Oh your part of the royal family?" Deston said puzzled. He had no idea why she would be out here, instead of inside. She certainly seemed interested in what was going on.

Alastor was a tad pissed when he was that Deston was told to follow. Looking back at his student and bodyguard he told her to go find Deston. Not being the type of person to have any bodyguard he chose to have his student, Lana. Lana is the only female to be trained in magic and to be a soldier. As Alastor was visiting the mage area of the kingdom he saw this little girl failing at every spell she cast. So he decided to take her in and train her to be his special bodyguard.

Alastor looked towards Prince Davin and saw that things might not go as he and his brother wanted. Waiting for the Danbarians to arrive he sits in his chair and plays with his amulet while chanting words underneath his breath. The chant was prayer for things not to get out of hand.

----------------------------

Lana was wearing this special mage garb that Alastor gave to her just in case something were to happen while he as not around. Alastor did not have kids so he treated Lana as if she was his own child. She did not have parents. They died around the time Alastor took her in as a student.

As she walked down the hall and out to the garden again she looks around to find Deston. Finding him near the Princess of Anstaria and Ritter Hex she was a bit scared for his life. "Deston! You uncle wants you to come to the meeting right away," talking in a intimidating voice so the Ritter Hex would know not to try anything.

While Gavin waited on the Danbarians to join the meeting, he turned to Prince Tansen. "While I understand your haste to join us, I must ask that you refrain from magic while in my kingdom. It would make my people afraid, and we are trying to put their fears at rest. YOu do understand my position, your Highness?"

Diane allowed the Ritter Hex to take up positions at all sides of her. She nodded to the young mage. "I am her highness, Princess Diane of Anstaria." It didn't surprise her that he hadn't known about her. Her family kept her under lock and key most of the time.

She was leaving as the woman came up, calling to the man. Diane was surprised herself to hear that he was the Loidite prince. He was younger then she had heard. Was the heir, or the brother? Possibly the brother, as the heir would be talking to her brother.

She left with her escorts to go to her room. Accepting her fate, she was locked inside after being told she should get ready for dinner that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom