Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Questionable Excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julian seemed a little self-concious at the question, not quite sure how to take it. The boy shifted and nodded his head. "Yeah, I like it a lot." He nodded and bit his bottom lip. The job was alright. He got to talk to people about movies, which he liked. But organizing them and sitting at a desk all night wasn't always the funnest. At least he only worked two nights a week. That made things a lot easier.

"Mmn.." He licked over Dylan's lips as the other male leaned in, letting out a soft sigh. This felt natural again. But the disapproval was not natural. Usually he didn't get much feedback from his boyfriend about his state. When he'd been skinny Dylan had been content with him. Admiring even. But back then Julian was just as critical with himself. Now though, Dylan was looking at him with something akin to dislike. It scared Julian.

He would fix it.

-xxx-

And he did.

Over the next few weeks Julian starved himself. He lost at least ten pounds. There were still five more to go if he really wanted to be as beautiful as he had before. So he'd work hard at it. He'd run, but not hard enough to get muscle. Dylan would be happy with him. But he felt a little better now, on his birthday. He'd lost a good amount of weight, and the bones under his skin were beginning to show up more prominently. The boy had just arrived at Dylan's. They were supposed to be doing something today. A surprise Dylan had planned.

He was stretched out on the couch, his arms above his head as he yawned. "Mn." He sat up and looked towards the bathroom, where his boyfriend was. He approached the half open door and stepped in.

Dylan was thrilled to have Julian back and he was happy to show it. He showered the other boy with more attention then he ever had before; buying him increasingly extravagant gifts, treating him with inordinate amounts of physical affection, and being nice to him. He felt that if he was as sweet as possible, perhaps it would make up for what a jerk he'd been before. He promised himself that he would never hurt Julian again, and kept that promise. The downside to this was that he refused to make love to the other boy. He was still ashamed of his sexuality, and this wasn't going to be remedied by sweet words. Whenever things escalated past making out and the occasional blow-job, he'd push Julian away and make a cruel comment about the others weight. Then he'd promptly kick the other out, and drown his guilt in vodka and pills.

That day, on Julian's 17th birthday, that's exactly what Dylan was doing. He'd just washed the little white pill down and was still holding the bottle in his hand when the other came in. Why he was drinking on that day; his boyfriend's special day, he would never tell. It wasn't a very good reason; a failed test and a need for a pick-me-up. “Hey,” he said with a slight grin, trying to mask the panic that he was very obviously feeling. He walked out of the bathroom, into the kitchen, and to the cupboard and took out two glasses. “I figured that we might go out for a drive tonight.” He poured the clear liquid into the glasses and gave one to Julian. “Just you and I,” he added, taking a gulp and wincing as it burned his throat.

Julian enjoyed the time they spent together. They were some of the nicest he'd spent with Dylan ever, which was saying something, considering they been together almost two years. They even went out together. And while Julian was getting affection, there was something unfullfilling about it. He wanted sex. He couldn't deny that. And while they made out, it never got past that. Or Julian sucking Dylan off. It wasn't enough to satisfy him. So when he got home, he'd take care of it himself. And he wouldn't tell Dylan of course.

The boy was quite happy today. Until he sawthe pill bottle in Dylan's hand. "I..." He stood up and stepped over, taking a sniff of the drink. It was strong. He swallowed it and looked up to Dylan. The alcohol would make accepting this easier. Then he could't deny Dylan, or make him angry. "I don't know if that's a good idea, if we're drinking." He shuffled a little. "And you shouldn't drink too much if you're taking medicine. I'm okay with staying here."

“Medicine?” Dylan asked, just a bit confused. “Oh, yea. Sorry.” Then Julian's words sunk in. He took a breath and kissed Julian quickly. “This is nothing,” he put down the pill bottle and smiled. “And you know me, I can handle alcohol fine. I'm perfectly able to drive. This is your special day, don't ruin it with your over thinking.” He wasn't even angry. Usually, he would be, but today was special. He wouldn't let Julian ruin it, and he wouldn't ruin it either. His boyfriend meant too much to him. He'd already ruined this enough, he wasn't going to do it anymore.

He picked his keys up from the counter and took the others hand. “You can just leave that here. I have some more in the car,” he said, leaning in and kissing Julian again.

Julian wanted to believe that Dylan would be okay, but he wasn't sure if he should. Dylan could hold alcohol, he'd seen it. But it didn't mean he could drive. It might have been Julian's birthday, but he didn't want to risk it. "I don't want you getting in trouble." He answered softly, setting the glass down. The oy knew he was making a mistake. He should have just said it was fine. This was not a time for an argument.

"I think we should wait a bit." He made no move to walk with Dylan towards the door. "We can just relax here for a couple of minutes. It'll be okay." He smiled and settled where he was, leaning on the counter. He hadn't eaten anything that day, and he'd just taken that shot. It showed, the beginnings of bags under his eyes, and the appearance of bones just starting to poke out from his hips.

When Julian told him to wait, Dylan visibly bristled. He didn't want to be mad, he really didn't. But it seemed that Julian was just asking to be hit. If he respected him at all, he'd just get into the car and come along. The entire surprise was going to be ruined if they didn't leave now. He crossed his arms tightly and took Julian's wrist tightly.

He tried his best to calm down and let go of the others wrist as quickly as he'd taken hold of it. What the hell was Julian's problem? Did he want Dylan to get angry? He was going to ruin everything. “Okay, we'll wait a few minutes.” Then he left Julian alone, intentionally ignoring him. He refused to even look at the other boy, spare a few obviously disgusted glances. “So,” he said, after a few minutes of complete silence. “Have you even lost any weight? It looks like you've actually gained some. You probably should cut down a bit. You know perfectly well that being overweight is unhealthy.” He looked Julian up and down, looking completely disgusted with what he saw. This was a better weapon then his fists. This actually hurt Julian. He waited a moment before speaking again. “Ready to go now? Or do you want to sit down for a few more minutes?”

Julian was not expecting what ensued. Honestly he should have, but he had been so high off of the good moments they'd shared the past few weeks. The boy looked down to the ground, knowing Dylan was upset. and he was positive of it when Dylan took hold of his wrist. There was almost something good about that. At least Dylan's anger was being directed at something, and not being kept inside. Honestly, Julian would prefer him being violent than having him brood inside. He said nothing as the older male took his wrist.

But when Dylan walked away he looked like he was about to speak up. Until he heard the comment about his weight. His eyes looked down quickly. Was he? If Dylan said he was, he definitely was. He knew it. He had known it all along. And he'd upset Dylan about it on his own birthday. How much of an idiot was he? "Dylan..." He stepped over,looking cautious. "I'm sorry... I know I need to lose more. I know you don't like it." That was probably why the hadn't had sex with Julian. It explained everything. "We can go now..." He looked down quietly.

Ryan stayed silent, refusing to talk to Julian again. He was pissed off. He knew his body and he knew his limits. A few shots of vodka weren't going to impair his driving abilities. If anything was going to make him worse at driving, it was Julian's stupidity. By the time the two reached Dylan's car, the older boy was ashamed of himself, and starting to feel the effects of the alcohol, two things that weren't a good combination. He bit his lip and opened the door for Julian. That was the gentlemanly thing to do, right? He'd forgotten after all this time. Six months away from the boy he loved was a bad idea. He was sure that this was what was making him so angry;not the alcohol, not the two weeks without any form of hard drug except for these stupid pills. They were supposed to do something for him; make him happier and more energetic, but they took forever to kick in, and so Dylan had taken seven, in hopes that maybe it would work quicker.

Once Julian was in the car, Dylan got into the driver's seat, not apologizing for his behavior, but leaning over and kissing the other boy gently. That was better then any old apology. “I love you,” he said quietly, “And I've loved having you back.” He put the car into drive and started it up, inching out of the driveway slowly. “And I promise that I'll never loose my temper like that again, okay?” It still wasn't an apology. But it was the best he'd come in a long time.

Julian could tell that Dylan was beginning to get angry by the fact that he wasn't speaking. He was alright with Dylan being angry. In fact he'd encourage it if it meant that his boyfriend's stress level would lower. Julian knew how much pressure he had, with classes and all that. He was glad that Dylan wasn't working anymore though. At least that would help him a little, right? The boy licked his bottom lip and followed behind Dylan quietly, adjusting his pants. They were beginning to get quite big on him now. He'd had to buy new ones, since he'd gained weight. But now that he was losing it again, they were very big on him.

He stepped into the car and smiled softly as Dylan kissed him. It was better than any apology. Dylan had been more affectionate with him, even though they'd gone without sex. "I love you too. So much." He murmured, his eyes focused on Dylan. "I was lost without you..." He'd lost a part of himself, but now that he was back with Dylan he lost a different part of himself. "It's okay. I was being stupid." Julian answered softly and put his hands in his lap. He was quiet for a while. "Do I get a clue to where we're going?"

When he'd been fired, the first person Dylan had blamed had been his boss. She was just a woman who didn't know what the hell she was doing. The second person had been his stepfather who'd obviously been stressing him out to much to do anything productive. And then, only after all of these people, he'd blamed himself. Now that Julian was back, the younger boy was beginning to take the blame for more. And as a result, Dylan was starting to blame him for more. Of course, he didn't tell the other boy this, but it was there, festering under the surface of every sentence.

At Julian's question though, he smiled. “Nope,” he said happily, accelerating to 60 miles per hour (despite the fact that the speed limit was 40 in this area). Now the drugs were beginning to kick in, and he felt really fucking amazing. “It's a while away though, so would you mind turning on music or something?” He swerved out of the way as he began to drift into the other lane and accelerated just a bit more.

Julian was used to taking the blame for things. He was fine with that. If Dylan wanted to put the blame on him, even if it was for things that he didn't do, he was okay with that. He just wanted his boyfriend to be happy and have less stress. The only thing he asked for in return was that Dylan would put up with him. It was a very unequal tradeoff. But Julian didn't see it that way. He figured if he could be blamed for something, at least he could inspire anger and disappointment.

But he was not one to be very comfortable in cars. The boy shifted in his seat, looking over to Dylan. "Oh... Well I. I mean." He leaned forward and turned on some music, but kept it low. "There's no rush... We can go a little slower baby. I just want to relax..." He had to keep his hand from holding onto the side of the car, because he knew it would piss Dylan off. And he really didn't want his boyfriend being angry when he was driving that fast.

Dylan pressed his foot to the gas again, accelerating to at least 70 miles per hour. Luckily, they were on the main road now, and only going around ten above the speed limit. However, moments later they were going faster. He'd always loved speed. Even when he was a child, going into the car with his mom had made his day, and that's what this reminded him of. He didn't even feel as if he were the one driving really, and perhaps that's why it took someone else honking their horn for him to realize that he was dangerously close to drifting again.

He rolled down the windows, resisting the urge to laugh it off. “Fuck you!” He yelled instead, flipping off whoever had honked at him, despite the fact that they were long gone. He kept the window down and looked over towards Julian. “Don't worry,” he said happily. “I've never gotten in an accident before, and don't plan on doing it today.” Of course, no one ever planned on getting in an accident. He pressed down on the gas again, not even bothering to check how fast he was going now. All he knew was that he felt amazing.

It all happened in a matter of milliseconds then.

Julian knew something was wrong from the pounding in his head and the lack of sound. Then it slowly faded in, and he heard a loud noise. It was the car. It was still revving. Dylan had strayed off the road, and rammed right into a tree. Luckily he had slowed down just a bit, so from what Julian could tell he didn't have any serious injuries. He lifted his hand, a loud sound coming from his mouth. His head ached. His chest ached. And his back... His back and neck hurt so bad! He had a bloody nose and most definitely a bruise around his eye.

But his first worry was not himself. His head snapped to the side, looking over to Dylan. "Dylan!" It was practically a scream. From what he could tell... Well he couldn't tell anything. His vision wasn't moving fast enough. "Dylan..." He leaned over. His boyfriend had a visible gash on his head, but it didn't seem like either of them had been smashed by the wreck. They'd drifted off the road for a bit through grass before hitting the tree, which had slowed their speed. "Dylan please..." He looked over pleadingly, quickly pulling his seatbelt off.

The crash happened so fast that Dylan really wasn’t even sure that it'd happened. He just knew that one minute he'd been going fast. He'd been on the top of the world. And the next... he was... he didn't know. Everything was blurry and too bright and he didn't know how he'd gotten there. He didn't even know where he was. Immediately after opening his eyes, he closed them again, unable to handle the pain. “What's going on?” He asked upon hearing his name. However, it was fairly intelligible, with how heavily he was slurring.

Shortly after asking this, he lost consciousness again. Fuck! His car was ruined! That was the first thing that he thought of after coming back after only a few seconds. The second was whether or not Julian was okay, but when he tried moving his head to look, the light caused him to cry out in pain. He wasn't sure how hurt he was, or even what had happened to him. He was still immensely confused and disoriented. This only lasted a second though. As after that, he'd blacked out again and this time didn't wake back up for quite a while.

Julian wanted to touch Dylan. He wanted to grab the other and hold him and just ensure that he was okay. But he knew that he shouldn't touch his boyfriend, not when he could have broken bones or something of that manner. He swallowed and held his own hands tightly, grabbing his phone. He dialed 911, but it was only seconds later that emergency crews arrived.

-xxx-

Dylan would wake up in the hospital. He probably only had one broken bone, if even that. But they wanted to keep him in for the night to ensure that his head was okay. Julian was sitting next to his bed, a little bandage on his head, his eye bruised and nose pinched with a bandage. He sat there silently, waiting. His hand lay so close to Dylan's, but he didn't want to hold it for fear of hurting him. When he finally woke up, Julian leaned closer. "Dylan..."

When Dylan woke up in he hospital bed, he immediately froze, closing his eyes again and willing himself to wake up in his own bed. Maybe this had all been a dream. However, the truth washed over him soon after that. The harsh hospital lights and the smell of antiseptic made his head pound. Yet, over all of this pain, there was the sudden panic that registered in his brain. He looked up at Julian and looked back towards his hands, seeing that one of them was in a cast. As the driver, he’d naturally suffered from more damage then Julian. The impact of the air bag had pretty much broken his right wrist on contact. He'd suffered from a mild concussion as well.

Another truth washed over him soon after the previous. He’d been high and drunk. Alcohol had been in his car. And then there was the worst fact of all; he’d left weed in his car. That was enough for a DUI charge and a drug possession/use charge. In other words, he was completely and totally screwed. What would his parents say? What would his school say? Would he even be able to stay? Duke wouldn’t want him anymore. He was sure of it. His mom would cry. He just knew it. She always cried over stupid shit like this. And his step dad, he would shake his head and point out how big of a failure Dylan was. His eyes darted towards the door, as he was sure that there was a cop right around the corner. There wasn’t, but he was just waiting for it. He looked to Julian again. “What did you tell them?”

Julian had sobered up by then. His hand was drifting for Dylan's hand, but he knew he shouldn't grab it. Even when the other boy woke up. He paused and bit his bottom lip, looking away at the question that the other boy asked. This was going to be hard to explain. How could he tell what had happened, and could he even explain it in the way it needed to be said? The boy clenched his fingers together and looked back up at Dylan.

"I told them that it was me." Somehow, through pure willpower, he'd moved Dylan out of the car, disproving most evidence that it could be him. Besides his arm. But they wouldn't look that much into it. The cops in their town had much more to worry about. Julian shifted where he sat, looking towards the door. So, maybe it was just pure coincidence that the cop who had reported on them had been susceptible to Julian's charms. What he'd gotten away with was a minor charge. He didn't even know how the cop had done it, but Julian already knew that the law was not just. He'd been taught that a long time ago when he'd tried to run away from home, wanting to get away from his homophobic parents.

"I'll have to go to some classes, and meet up with a cop every week, but you'll be fine." He smiled in a way that indicated he really wanted to touch Dylan. Just to make sure he was there. Insure that he was indeed okay. Of course, he wouldn't tell Dylan that he'd flirted excessively with the cop, nor that he'd probably have to meet up with that specific cop. But these were details he could leave out.

Dylan let loose a breath that he hadn't known he'd been holding, propped himself up on one arm, and kissed Julian, right then and there. It didn't even matter that they were in public. At that moment, his mother could have been in the very room and he still would have kissed his boyfriend. His dark brown eyes stared into Julian's emerald ones. “You're amazing,” he said breathlessly, quickly kissing Julian again, “And I love you so much.” A smile played over his lips; a smile that actually reached his eyes. Perhaps if he'd known the probably nature of these meetings, he'd have been upset. But for now, he'd never been happier.

However... he did feel a bit guilty. He'd never wanted Julian to get in trouble for what he'd done wrong. In all honesty, he preferred that to getting in trouble himself, but he also knew that his was completely his fault. If he'd just listened and slowed down his car. If he'd just taken fewer of those pills. If he hadn't been so drunk. So many Ifs crowded his mind. Yet over all of that, there was the gratitude that he felt towards the other boy; and the love. And that was something he hadn't truly felt in weeks.

Julian was not expecting the kiss. Never in all of his years of knowing Dylan would he ever expect to be touched, let alone kissed by Dylan in public. The boy's eyes widened and he pressed back only slightly. He was just so shocked that he didn't know what to do. But when he recieved that second kiss, he pressed into it passionately. Honestly Julian didn't know what he'd gotten himself into, but he knew it was nothing good. The boy smiled and grabbed Dylan's hand, no longer afraid to. Not when his boyfriend kissed him in such a manner.

"I love you..." He murmured softly, his eyes glancing towards the door. It was pure luck that this cop had been in such a position of power. And it looked like hewas young too. Maybe in his late 20s or 30s."Everything will be okay." He promised. Any moment that cop would be back, he was sure. To take him for an interogaion. At leastthats what he assumed he would be doing,

As Julian had predicted, a police officer was in the doorway only moments later. And just like that, Dylan's expression of admiration and love turned into one of shame. He tore his hand away quickly and shot Julian an apologetic look, shrugging as if he didn't know quite what to make of this situation. He wasn't sure if the officer would prosecute his boyfriend more harshly for his sexuality if he were to discover it. This part of North Carolina wasn't known for being tolerant after all.

He looked towards the officer, then quickly back to Julian. The man in the doorway couldn't have been much older then 25 years old. He looked official enough; tall, well muscled, and with dark hair that was neatly trimmed. However, it was very obvious that he wasn't the best on the force. His uniform was wrinkled and missing a button, his light blue eyes seemed to dance with humor, even when he was trying to be completely serious, and despite the rule that all officers were to be cleanly shaved, he had a very noticeable five o clock shadow.

“I'm going to have to take you in now,” the older man said, his voice laced with obvious boredom. It was clear that he'd rather be anywhere but arresting a 16 year old whom he though was a complete idiot. He quickly read Julian his rights, indicting him with driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of alcohol, and under aged drinking.

Julian shifted in his seat, giving Dylan a smile. He knew his time would come, and when that man stepped in he knew it would be the end. The end of something. But honestly, there was nothing to lose. He was bad with school, and not the smartest. If he got into trouble it wouldn't be the end of the world.He had a perfectly clean record before that. Now it would be littered with terrible things he hadn't even done. But Dylan wuld be alright. That was what mattered.

"Yes Sir." Julian didn't resist at all, and seemed completely respectful. "Bye Dylan..." He looked back to the other boy as he stepped out, a pair of handcuffs on his wrists as the police officer led him out. Soon enough he'd know this man's name. The boy glanced back one last time. He'd been told he wouldn't be taken to prison. Somehow it had been arranged that he'd only have to meet up once a week. So he'd be able to see Dylan soon.

Kaden (or Officer Parks as he was called by pretty much everyone) was way too used to this. He'd been on the force for the past two years, and he'd seen more teenaged boys arrested on drug charges then he'd seen pretty much anything else. In other words, Julian Lagrange was nothing special. In Kaden's eyes, he was just another stupid teenager who'd wanted to impress his friend. That was why the man didn't want to see this kid end up in jail; not even for a few days. He knew from far too much experience that people like Julian where more of a danger to themselves then to society. So he'd put his job on the line and he'd blatantly lied. Perhaps the younger boy's charm had a lot to do with it, as Kaden could never say no to a pretty face; whomever that face happened to belong to. However, there was also the fact that he knew that he wouldn't get caught. Officers around here had better things to do. He'd lied about just how much weed had been in the car and lied about just how high the boy's BAC had been. The parents would have to pay a $2,000 dollar fee, and Julian would have to attend classes on substance abuse, and Kaden would have to deal with this kid once a week, but no jail time would be issued, and this would be forgotten once Julian turned 18.

He walked Julian to the car, not saying a word as the the 16 year old got into the back seat. He didn't say a word the entire way to the police station in fact, as this was against protocol. Once they arrived at the station, Kaden removed the others handcuffs and led him into the building and shortly after into a small conference room. Unlike the stereotypical intimidating rooms that everyone saw on television, this room was actually pretty cozy. A long wooden table stretched from one end to the other and the chairs where nice and soft. In the corners were armchairs and children's toys. And instead of being isolating, this room had one wall that was pretty much made up of multiple windows. “You're going to have to call home now,” Kaden said, hovering near the door. “I'll be right outside when you're done.” He nodded, keeping his face completely emotionless, and walked out, locking the door behind him.

While Julian knew he was doing this for Dylan, it hadn't completely registered that he was being arrested. He'd been assured that he wouldn't be put in jail by Kaden. But honestly the boy didn't know why. Sure, he'd tried to be extra nice and upset when the man came around to collect them at the scene of the crime. It was pure luck that Kaden had been able to arrange this for him, and honestly he owed the man a lot. And he didn't even know him. But that was assuming that his parents payed the two thousand dollars. When they finally arrived in the room, it didn't matter how comfortable it was. It could have been the perfect little place and Julian would have felt uncomfortable. Mainly because he knew he'd be calling his parents.

When Kaden walked out of the room he called them, waiting patiently as his mother answered. It was then that he got a reaction similar to the one he was expecting. She screamed at him and told him, hell no, she would not help. She nor his father had that kind of money, and even if they did, she wouldn't be willing to give it to him for doing something stupid. This was all on him, there would be no assistance. So he stepped over to the door, biting the inside of his bottom lip as he knocked on it. What would happen now? What could he possibly do? When Kaden opened the door, Julian explained to him what his mother had said.

Kaden took a deep breath, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. If he had a nickle for every time someone couldn't (or simply wouldn't) pay a court issued fine, he wouldn't even bother with this kid. He'd walk away and risk getting fired. Maybe this had been a mistake. Maybe he'd been thinking with the wrong body part when he'd helped Julian out. He crossed the room and sunk into one of the armchairs. “Listen kid,” he began, narrowing his eyes when the predictability of that phrase registered in his mind. “Failure to pay court issued fines within 30 days will result in two to ten months of incarceration.” He said this as if he were reading from a book. “If you would like to file an extension, you'll be required to pay a portion of the fine within a week of the request.” He straightened and crossed his legs, the rather feminine gesture taking away from the air of authority surrounding him.

He dropped all forms of formality,replacing it with obvious contempt. “Or, I can call your mommy and daddy and explain that you'll be spending the next few nights away from your cozy bed, and in a prison cell.” He smirked, nearly biting his tongue in an effort not to explain just what happened to pretty boys in prison cells.

Julian looked a little panicked by this. he knew that he would get into trouble for not being able to pay. The boy moved back into the room and sat down. He looked sad and almost pathetic there, his body curled in on itself. His green eyes were wide, obviously concerned and focused on Kaden. "I can... I mean. I'd like to try an extension." It was obvious he was hanging on the man's every word. "Please." He leaned forward and swallowed. "Is there anything you can do?" He asked softly, those green eyes desperate.

He couldn't bother Dylan for money. his car had been totalled. But Julian had some money saved away. "Please..." He put his hand on the table. Julian was close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom