Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steampunk: Postapocalyptica OOC

Am I combining the description of the into my previous post or make them all separate? (Finally finished hunting down the pics)

Ahhh.... well. It doesn't matter. If you think you'd prefer to have them separated because they might be heavily posted in and thus, for organizational purposes, it might be easier for everyone to follow if it's separate, then they can have their own thread rather than just posting in the general thread in which it would be located (ie, say in Inalt or wherever it might be). So, either is fine. If you want the threads, being the one who has the characters most heavily involved in the Assassins' Organization, I leave it to you. Just send me the pics and basic description so I can make the threads if you decide you want them. :)

Also....... regardless, seeing as the guild locations are going to be a part of the group RP no matter what, a blurb about them should indeed be added in the notable creations section. So be sure to add the info about them in there for us all as a reference and the like. :)

Not sure if people have noticed, but I've added in a couple of 'open' NPC characters that people can feel free to play around with if needed and the scene is appropriate. I've tacked on 'notes' for each as well to sort of give an idea about them as well. Just a little blurb for some insight on how they can possibly be used. One is from Inalt and grew up in the Slums while the other is from Insula, but was abducted as a really little kid. I see the guy from Insula as possibly being a means for us to segue into the idea of pirates from 'elsewhere'. Of course, that can be for later..... but why not have the guy do some things now and build that up a little bit here and there. The way I see it, foreshadow is a beautiful and powerful thing. :)

Ohhhh...... might have Kelly be following Charlie for now seeing as she is in the Slums going to a shop and all panicky. I'm thinking she senses his presence.... given he's masked and all, hehe. So, I think I might use him for a moment there to sort of introduce him a little. But others should feel free to use him as well when appropriate. Same for Conrad. They are 'open'. So, it's fine depending on the scenes and what not. :)

Just wondered if people were still interested or not..... people have been so quiet without saying anything, so I just wondered.

Yeah trust me I'm still my weekend just got a little busy even a party yesterday just give me like 2-3 hours and I'll be fully up so we can post away

No worries... the posts were awesome! I posted for all my characters except for Gen, since she's sort of occupied and thus I can't for the moment. Also, as GM, I'm progressing time just a bit. Notice that with my characters that have moved away from Inalt's town square, the time has moved on from 'afternoon' to 'later afternoon'. I figured, the time has moved on some by now and it made sense to do that. When I'm able to post for Gen, I'll be sure to make the change for her in that regard as well. :)

I'm gonna be off to class soon and I'd rather not take the chance of getting caught up in the fun of the rp. Even though it's so tempting I still have to eat and finish getting ready as well as finish up some work. You'll be hearing from me about 2-3 pm. EST

LOL. All right, sweet. XD
And..... is it bad that I've thought of yet ANOTHER main character to create??? >.<
I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and create her, haha. XD

All righty..... I shall then. She is, umm, interesting. hehe. Definitely different and I doubt what most of you might expect. XD

I hope you all like her, lol.

Ok.... so.... ships. Now that there is at least one that's been created, I bring up the BIG question. How do we want our ships to run and/or look, etc? Of course, I suspect there to be all sorts of ships of varying kinds and the like, but what I was curious to know was how do we want these ships to ultimately work. Are they run by mechanical means only? Or do we want to add in some sort of supernatural elements here? Seeing as this is a postapoclyptic setting, I wasn't sure what people wanted to ultimately do. If people wanted to throw in something on the supernatural side using the ether or elemental concepts, that's fine, but lets try and devise a way that makes it believable given our set up and back drop.

So..... thoughts, suggestions, comments? :)

Idk maybe something out of the ordinary like metal boats that have oars that row by themselves? Just tossing some ideas

Ran across a few that caught my eye how they run and compisition is still up for dicussion. Also maybe the eureka 7 concept. The comet changed the air somehow and scientist discovered they can make the ships run on special air currents.(???)

Option 1
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6792599930_66c75efb48_z.jpg

Option 2
http://api.ning.com/files/wOQBblmf5nnlref86HEzzE-Kqmzbr90ElbylqY-MvYpkbb2OBzbcIMOEAVW0Q1X1umo5uJ9sv*fJAxf*Bl-lYqZel1Bi7MUD/buc_ship_sketches_03.jpg

Option 3
http://www.thedarkpower.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/258_stream1.jpg

Option 4
http://godsofart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/pirate-ship-steampunk-wallpaper.jpg

How would the oars work? By mechanical means, like working gears or would it be by some other means? I know that the obvious--steam power, gas power, MAYBE some protypes using rudimentary electrical means--will be used. But do we want to throw in magical concepts? Like elemental magics or ether, since the idea there is that it's lighter than air, etc etc. (even though we can still use gases here instead or on top of, if we go this route). Additional thoughts, comments, suggestions? :)

I see, I see. :)

Those fit things fairly well. Probably pics 2 - 4 fit best given that most things have been annihilated and they are starting over, etc etc. But I get you. And it's possible that perhaps they've learned how to harness things they didn't know of before. Ether can possibly be come into play there if we go the route of dimensions. Say, we bring in the idea that there's a way to splice into alternate dimensions for a split second, but not enough to actually make a full out cut. In doing this, ether is created. By harnessing it, you can create a lighter than weight gas. It's a bit of a stretch, but it's fun and throws in some scientific theory as well. Thoughts there?

As for supernatural..... love it, hate it??? That's still another thing yet to be addressed? Again, I'm fine with it if we find a way to incorporate it properly. And it could be something that is a result of the comet. Perhaps an energy or some such. Thoughts there???

Back
Top Bottom