Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Divide: Main thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Lizards swarmed the crash site, Shumi put her all into running away from the fighting, she would definitely move faster if she removed her pack, but she didn't want to let either the females or the lizard men obtain it. she ran on ahead, breathing hard, hoping that the crash victims were keeping up

Shane let out a curse and zipped his pack back up and then threw it over his shoulder and let the rifle hang from his shoulder, pulling out his stun gun, since it was the easiest think to use one handed and it could stop or slow just about anything if he hit it. He watched as the fight continued he did not know weather he should help a little before taking off after the girl that was running ahead. He could not leave his cap out like this without giving at least a little help. He was growling at himself as he saw everything unfold, he dropped everything except for his rifle the only thing that had reach, he dropped down to one knee to help steady his aim as he took everything in. He would take his shots at the attacking lizards since that was what it seemed like the other woman was more worried about. Then he watched as the group went into the ship and blocked the lizard men out. "Captain, captain. I am outside right now and I have clear shots at the things that have you trapped in there. I will fire at them and draw them away with any luck I will take out a few and draw most of the rest off! I hope you are getting this captain you wont have much time after I get out of here! I am following another woman in hopes of finding a place for us to camp and defend. It looks like we are going to be heading east, ill keep my com open so when you get close enough you will be able to get a hold of me. No one comes out until 2min after the last shot goes off. What I am firing out here would put a real damper on things is anyone was hit." He shouted over the mic not having any more time by the looks of things.

He started to fire into the into what ever the lizard things were, doing his best to pick his shot for killing to get their attention then wounding to keep it so they thought they would have a chance of getting him. There was after all an art to drawing things away from what they wanted and you had to do it right or they would be more afraid of going after you than busting into where you did not want them to go. He kept up his firing for as long as he could doing his best to draw off as many as possible before he got up and switched back to his stung gun and grabbed his pack running off in the direction that the woman had run off in.

Lance eyed the opening door for a split second, noticing the beast that entered the room. He raised his leviathan and aimed. The familiar sounds of energy heating up and boiling down to all destructive force was strangely absent. He glanced at the weapon and noticed the depleted energy gauge. “Tsk.” He placed the weapon on his lap and began humming a tune. He noticed the creature had simply taken a spot in front of him, eying him. A few minutes had passed while he sat there in front of the creature.

The man had spent most of his time flicking cards at the beast, occasionally hitting its nose. He took great pride in this unique skill, something that was lost on most. He paused mid throw as a wounded she-thing entered the room, air filling the room with the familiar scent of blood. “Not on the cards.” He muttered as he began collecting them from the ground. He placed them back in the pack and eyed her once more. “Shouldn’t you be out stabbing lizards or men with weapons?” He eyed the device on his lap and shook his head. Technically this thing wasn’t classified as a weapon, yet. Perhaps it would be some sort of mining tool…. Doubtfully, yet he was a dreamer.

“I take it you are in some degree of pain?” He asked casually as he poked the wound with his index finger.

Altair's irrational behavior now had him jammed in the middle of the hoard and even though he was holding up for a while he wasn't going to be able to keep this up. His strokes never failed to hit something though the tough skin of the lizard deflected some of his more critical strikes. The price he was paying to keep this up was taking its toll without fail. His telekinesis already began to fail him a few swings ago and it was mostly only his own skills. He was paying the price for wasting all his energy playing around earlier. Caught up in the thrill he had forgotten that he was no longer in a safe environment anymore. A clawed hand that came at his face made him come back into focus again. He managed to avoid getting scratched but he got the blunt of the attack and was knocked down a few feet back. They sensed the weakness and saw that he was down and it excited them. He was going to be an easy kill for sure.

Bleeding on the ground Altair was finding it hard to get back up fast enough. He heard shots and the beast did too distracting most of them and drawing some of them away. He heard Shane's voice come in through his suit and he was grateful that he had the soldier in his small rag tag team of survivors. Altair had the opening he needed and cut down the lizards fighting his way back to Dalaena. He spoke into his mic hurriedly. "Shane I copy I'm grabbing one of the other females and we'll make a break for it. At the moment I don't see a clear way to either our ship or to where your heading. Get your ass out of here safe you hear? I'll be fine I'll fight from a tree if I have to. We'll plan our retaliation when we're all somewhere safe I'll keep in touch if I can." Altair went to where the lightning was striking down and he found Dalaena fighting with a ferocity he had never seen in her before. He quickly went to her side and caught his breath. When he was rested enough to talk he spoke quickly. "Dalaena we have an opening but we have to move now. We either make a dash for the ship or follow the others." He was sure he saw Lance run into the ship and the War mistress follow. "I'm scared to leave one of my men with your... fearless leader though."

Delaena hesitated in her offense when Altair arrived at her side again, but she had to keep fending off the horde. She could focus on healing him once her current job was done; she couldn't risk the lives of many to rescue one... She repeated that to herself in her mind to keep from dropping everything to tend to him, her brow furrowing in concentration. When he spoke, she listened carefully. Beads of sweat were building on her forehead; if she didn't stop soon, she wouldn't have enough strength to heal anyone at all. She wound down, letting the lightning stop and the winds do their own will. Her hands fell to her sides and she breathed heavily, reaching up to push her hair out of her face. She waited until she had caught her breath before speaking.

"I don't think she'd harm him. Not right off the bat, anyways, and not when there's already a battle to be fought. She wouldn't finish him if he were already hurt, either. She likes a fair fight. She likes the chase." She smiled wryly and shrugged. "But, if you don't trust her- and I wouldn't- we can follow them." She looked over at the ship. She'd never seen one like it, except in the old historical documents of their own arrival here. From what she knew, no woman on Eve had ever tried to leave, and there had rarely been any visitors. Those who had arrived had left and spread the tales of their ferocity and vicious fighting. After a few attempts to 'tame' the women, most people gave up and left them in peace.

Sarah shot him a look and took a step back and said "only just a little the pain kinda excites me man ". she stood up and petted the black panther cub and said "good girl for watching him for me after all I got to keep tabs on them all". she then stood at the door and eyed the man from a distance then asked "so tell me boy are you guys coming over to take over my world cause i am queen of this place i rule a good few woman here Iam their war mistress and no way am i gonna let man take over and make them slaves or whatever your attentions are". She gave him her most evil eye she could master.

Donovan never stopped moving, too consumed with his base instinct: Stay alive. Keep moving. Don't look back. It was fight or flight, and right now he wasn't all the great at fighting...At least against these things anyway. He gripped the bags a little tighter. His right arm throbbing from pain, though he soldiered onward through it. His booted feet began to pound against the soft green earth beneath him and his mind instantly (And strangely) wandered back to the place of his birth. How different these two places were was a notion that seemed to only intensify with each passing moment. And as the lizard things seem to crowed around and become a sudden unknown obstacle, it was clear to him now that their two worlds couldn't have been more different if they tried to be. Regardless of all of these facts, he still let his feet move undisturbed, sprinting as he was taught in basic. He followed behind the strange woman...What was her name? Shumi? That sounded about right. And the other woman...He didn't know who she was but, she seemed certainly determined. Regardless of anything he followed both of them. Wondering where in the hell they could possibly be running to?

She could here the battle in the distance and the hiss of the lizards growing near. she nearly tripped and stumbled loosing precious momentum. Dammit... The pink hair girl spun around drawing her .44 Repeater and trained her sights on the approaching lizard men. first on that shot through the chest, a gaping hole blasting out behind it. the second was closer, it got in the the face, and fell headless and lifeless to the ground. she fired at another one. clipping it in the leg and taking it off. she angled her rifle at another approaching body but hesitated.

the body burst through the brush is was Shane! with Donovan right behind him. Shumi felt her shoulders drop with relief, but just for and instant. the girl quickly leveled her gun again firing two more round at the approaching lizard men, laying them both low, injured or dying. "come on!" she yelled gesturing for them to run past her as the desperately fished in her vest. when they past her she threw a phosphorus grenade in the path of the pursuing lizard men. she could hear the hisses and squalls of agony and sizzling flesh as bolted after to fleeing men to catch up with them, "we have to get to the Beagle!"

Altair was caught between a rock and a hard place. On one hand the rest of his crew would b safe for a while but had the threat of the lizardmen. On the other hand Lance could easily piss off the War Mistress and get himself killed. Taking a gamble he figured Lance had less time to play with than the others. Rising to his feet stumbling a little he wrapped an arm around Dalaena. He had one shot at this one false move and it was over for him. Focusing on his target it took all his concentration and everything else was blocked out. His legs tensed and he jumped up into a tree right to the top branch. The lizardmen noticed their prey getting away and started climbing the tree rapidly. It was taking Altair longer than normal to make the second leap and the lizards were getting closer.

With a loud grunt he was back in the air making the long jump to the ship but he realized before they started to descend that he didn't put enough into it. They were about a yard or two short of getting to the door. Letting go of Dalaena he pushed her towards the door. "Move now!" She didn't have time to worry about him and he wanted to make sure of that. It wasn't taking long for the lizards to react and run after them. Altair was just getting up as they closed the distance. Hobbling to the door he slammed his palm on the manual opening button and pushed Dalaena in throwing himself in after her. But he didn't have time to waste yet one lucky lizardman got on hand around Altair's ankle and was starting to drag him back out. It was fight or flight and with a loud yell he gripped the edges of the door and slammed it shut cutting off the arm completely. Altair didn't have time to see the cut off arm squirm around still attached to his leg because he passed out.

Shane had finally caught up with Shumi with Donovan behind him. His bag was making things harder for him to shoot and hit the lizard men, he was using his stun gun. Anything that he hit, went to the ground shaking for a short time, allowing him to gain some time, even though it was not killing them it was the best thing for him since he could hit them anywhere and stop them for a short time, not having to worry where he aimed as long as he hit them. Then when he finally went past Shumi he heard something go off behind him and he shook his head wondering where she got something like that, after hearing all the screams from the lizard men. "Well then lead the way!" He said continuing his run looking back for targets every few seconds.

"ohhh...." shumi sighed as she picked up speed and sprinted ahead of the men.

shumi was tiring now, but she knew the paths up ahead. breaking past branches and brush, she lead them into the crater like clearing at the stony foot of the great mountain. a derelict and very wrecked looking WWIII military-grade Science vessel lay crashed and have buried in eroded pebbles and mud.

the Automated Turrets track their movement but didn't fire as shumi marched heavily up the hill and into the clearing. a trained eye would notice that Claymores buried around the ship's perimeter. still hauling her heavy pack, shumi marched up the open loading ramp and let her bag drop, and waited for the other two men to join her before arming the turrets.

Delaena held tightly to Altair. She was in the air again, and the adrenaline was yet again coursing through her veins, but this time the cause was not passion, lust, or joy. There was fear and hatred, anger. War was in the air; she could taste it. Her greatest fear was that the races of Man and Woman would stop fighting together and bicker amongst each other until the lizards had ripped them all to shreds. When they jumped again, she squeezed the man a little more tightly, trying to force the fear and worry out of her body. She was nearly useless when her concerns were lying elsewhere instead of on the task at hand. Her shock shoved the fear away when he pushed her, sending her stumbling towards the ship. She didn't know how to open the door... She looked back at Altair and the approaching foe, and was about to take an offensive stance when he almost magically opened the ship and pushed her in.

She staggered backwards, catching him with one arm when he threw himself after her. When the lizard creature grabbed him, she tried to pull him free until he managed to free himself. She fell back onto the ground with the man on top of her, heavy and unconscious. She could see the writhing limb out of the corner of her eye and shoved Altair off, quickly holding tight to the scaly arm. She sent a surge of power through her own hand, focusing her intent. It fell dead, crumbling into ash.

She shuddered at the act, feeling filthy. Her eyes landed on Altair again. All other things stopped mattering. She knelt beside him and rested her hands on his torso, closing her eyes. The energy flowed through her and into him, hopefully revitalizing and refreshing him. She pulled away after not too long. She wouldn't be able to restore her magic as quickly here; there was no Earth. It occurred to her just how different it was, and her mouth went dry, eyes widening with fear of the unknown.

Donovan never stopped moving. His grip on the pack only tightened as he felt every release of breath. He followed behind Shumi, his feet getting more and more numb with each passing moment. If there was one thing he knew though was to never stop until you were absolutely sure you were safe, or that the enemy was gone. Given that he couldn't prove the latter, he wanted to make damn sure that he could be safe. His head recoiled a bit at the sight as Shumi lead them through various traps towards her ship. Some of the technology seemed old even by common standards. However he knew from the vids that it could be beyond brutally effective. He began to quickly run up the ramp releasing his breath as he made his way into the ship. He inhaled again and quickly set it down opening the bag up to check what weapons they had. His arm still pained him terribly, but now he was on stable ground. That would certainly make all the difference.

He began to pull various parts out of the pack. Taking mere moments to obtain all the interlocking components that he needed. It took him only another few to assemble the weapon he wanted: A fully scoped long rifle. He made his way back towards the ramp, ducking to the side and went down onto his left knee. Holding the weapon steady for any incoming targets.

(I think its more than time to keep this moving. Hopefully our other people will come back.)

Altair was enveloped in darkness he could only hear a dull drone as his mind began to shutdown. His body was limp the blood flow was slowing at a dangerously low rate. He was pushing his mind too far too fast. There was a warm feeling but that was even dull he was still questioning whether he really felt it or not. He felt dead or at least the closest thing to it. His body was shutdown completely he was amazed his heart was still pumping and that he could still breathe. Was he crippled now? In a coma? He didn't want it to end this way crippled for life or stuck end this endless plain of darkness. It was when this desire to stay alive that Dalaena's magic started working.

There was a pang of energy and his eyes shot open. He gasped for breath being brought back so suddenly. He couldn't see anything everything was all a blur when he felt the dull weight of a hand he didn't know what it was. One of those nasty lizards could have grabbed him. He wasn't going to food. Altair pulled away harshly and scuttled away from the hand until he came up against a wall. He started flailing around gritting his teeth. He couldn't see he could barely hear all of his senses were disoriented. His body was moving on instinct he couldn't even think rationally.

Sarah thought about ending Altair's life then when she watched her pristess heal him but she figure if he was back to health he would be more fun to fight with. She forgot all about that when she watched him fling around like some wild animal. she was laughing at the mere sight of it. She held her weopon ready thou in case he attacked.
(sorry its short iam kinda stuck )

Delaena glared at the war mistress. She turned her attention back to Altair. She'd dealt with reactions like this before, mostly from animals, but still similar. She was confident that she could handle it.

Carefully, the priestess inched forward. As soon as she was close enough, she knelt by him, just out of arms reach, and began to murmur soft, gentle words. "Shhh," she whispered, carefully reaching out to touch him. "It's alright. Do you know my voice?" Judging by his movements, she could only guess that for some reason, he couldn't see. She'd have to go by touch and sound if she was going to get him to calm down with any help from herself. "It's Delaena. I've helped you before. Will you let me help you now?" She kept her voice gentle, ignoring everyone else in the area, ignoring the steel and pretending that she was in her temple.

Shane Continued to run at his pace as they came up to the defensive perimeter, his eyes scanned around the whole area as Shumi led the way threw her camp he could see all the signs of the traps scattered around the area. It was truly like an old world war defense net, could she have come here that long ago and somehow survived or is she a descendent? He gave his head a shake as he followed her up the hill hoping for a break from the dam lizard men that have been chasing them. He caught sight of Devon in front of him going threw the bag and picking out a weapon for himself. Shane just hoped what ever weapon he picked out he was good with it as he continued to fire behind himself to slow down all the lizard men. Hopefully he slowed them down enough that he got out of the firing line before the turrets went online.

Altair could hear words again and at first it was mumbled. He tensed and clenched his fists feeling defenseless. His telekinesis wouldn't come to him and it made him panic even more. Did he damage his mind? Coherent thought was lost on him he didn't even think to pull out his swords to defend himself. But slowly sound was the first to come back. That voice... it was so familiar. He calmed down visibly but inside he was scared as hell. He never felt so hopeless in his life even as a child he was a fighter and held his own. But that name the feminine voice spoke... Dalaena. It was a comforting one he could recall the details exactly but it sounded good. He trusted the voice it was angelic, pure, loving. It wouldn't harm him or put him in any harm. He slumped against the wall and slid down sitting against it. He stared blankly out at nothing in particular.

Shumi changed out of her vest and dumped the rounds out of the pokers and into small bowl before kneeling with her repeater trained at the jungle. the night was suddenly like by the turrets firing at bodies moving through the foliage. some of the lizard creatures got chopped up for the fire, but more of the managed to get past the rang of the fire. But where the turrets didn't hit them, they marked their location for shumi. Kneeling beside Shane, Shumi fire off round after round, firing surgically and selectively, waiting for the things to get closer before hitting them with a .44mm round and blasting whole chunks off of them. The repeater was deadly accurate at mind range. the lizard were charging in force, by the lead from the turrets and other gunfire turned the attack into chaos and disarray as some wanted to attack and other tired to flee. one cluster manage to get REAL close, but was all but obliterated by a wall of red hot flying shrapnel from an exploding claymore, leaving bloody hunks of meat and scales.

Sarah could not just sit here and watch her pristess heal this man folk . she wanted to kill him but not now maybe later. she looked at the two and said to the man "wait here when your back to your normal self i will kill you in a fair fight". She took her weopon and with a wicked grin she tore out of the building killing the lizard folk as she went. She stopped and turned around to see tracks on the dirt and thought more men folk to kill maybe they be up for a fight. She took off in the direction of the foot prints killing the lizard men as she went.

Donovan took a moment to breath in deeply. The deep and clean air filling up his nostrils. His eye was almost buried into the scope of the rifle that he now held in his grip. His body was very still, only moving with the force of his breath. The horde was coming forward and quickly. He took another breath and let his hand quickly speeze the trigger. The rifle recoild as the projectile zoomed through the air, hitting one of the creatures in the collar bone. He was off his shot, he had aimed for the creatures forhead. Must have been his healing arm. He took another breath, the muscles of his off hand quickly pulling the lever to ready the weapon once again. He took another moment and squeezed the trigger once again hitting one of the other creatures in the cheek. That was two, he wondered how many more he could get. He pulled the lever once again as Shane made his way up the ramp of the ship. Donovan tried not to focus on it too much as he releaed another projectile hitting one of the lizardmen in the side plating. The creature shrugging off the bullet like it was nothing more than an annoying nat. Donovan cursed under his breath. They were getting to close now, but he continued to open fire. Hitting several of them in shoulders and a couple in the neck. When the were too close to the ramp he spun round and went further inside. Trying to get ready for whatever was going to come next.

Sarah go close to the ship and noticed the torrets and decided to wait for the attack to get over with before finding out who all was inside. She climbed a near by tree and made a loud clicking nose and yelled on top of her tongue "hey green men Taste this "and She sent one flaming arrow at them followed by an earth arrow then lighting arrow. she watched as three lizard men went down and some that where going for the ship changed course and went for her tree.

Shumi quickly scraped up a few more rounds for her repeater and stepped over the male with the rifle and peered out the lip of the loading dock. 'Where were those arrows coming from, don't tell me its...' then she was hit fro behind, a tail! one of the damn things got onto of the ship. Shumi gasped as she lost balance and rolled down the side of the cargo ramp and hit the ground hard. the pink hair girl rolled over and stranding to reach out and grab her near by repeater, but gasped as a strong clawed hand grabbed her ankle and dragged her across the gass and dirt away from the ship and away from her repeater. she grabbed onto a tree root, and to slow the lizard momentum and stomped it wrist. the beast released her and pain and growled in anger as the girl tried to scramble back to her feet. shumi gasp as the beast drove his sharp claws into her back, but not through her vest. shumi, thing fast shrugged out vest and got inside the lizards reach, he pistols poised as its head and chest. within and few rounds the beast fell mortally wounded, and shumi took and moment to wipe the blood from her face as she tried to find her bearings.

Shane stopped firing behind him since he now had some good cover fire, he turned and just started to run to the ship. He did not know how many of the strange creachers were left behind him, while he was running he saw the problem the was up ahead of him. He quickly put up his stun gun and switched to the rifle that was on the strap of his shoulder, then his rifle to his shoulder he started to blast the dam thing that was attacking Shumi. His bullets hit only a second after Shumi had started pulling the trigger killing the thing that was attacking her, he started to run up faster. Wanting to check on the girl since it looked like she might of been injured by the thing, he gave a nod to Devon as he ran passed and then went down next to Shumi to check her out to give some first aid.

Sarah was not far behind with her arrow as two of them wized right by Shumi's and Shane's head. Sarah had jumped down the tree hoping to keep those to alive for a fight to the death she had anger and lots of it and she wanted a fair fight. She ran close to them taking out more lizard's with her magic arrows . She now stuck with fire cause it seemed with their hard skins earth was no good and lighting was good but took a lot more angry then fire. Water would be no good it was just splash them anyway. She got close to the two and said "well well what have we here a witch and a man ".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom