Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!! OOC

It can vary and that's the point. It depends on the POV and code of the individual. I mean, outlaws can be good people at heart, but still break laws. And The Illuminati though they govern aren't really the kind of people I'd want governing me. So.... take that as you want. But you could possibly have some outlaws that are seriously evil murderers and kill to kill and rob to rob. But you can have some who are similar to those like the group on Firefly. They are thieves, but you cheer for them. No? Same goes for the other guys. The mercenaries and vigilanties. You'll have some who do the bounty hunting thing as a means of survival, while others do it because it's a legal method of being an asshole. And still others do it because they genuinely feel it's the right thing to do. Some might follow the code of The Illuminati while others might have their own code. Some might want a paycheck from it while others might not care. See what I mean? You have a spectrum. And that keeps things realistic, diverse and gives us a lot of room for drama and fun in the group RP.

lolol.

I gots a civilian. Just a little bitty civilian. You know. Doing civilian stuff and trying to thrive and survive. Though mainly survive. XD

Alright, looked through most things. Though, I couldn't help but notice a curious omission; in the character skeleton, there isn't any field for "gender". Seems a strange omission even when nonsexual RPs on other forums usually have that field, and while I -did- notice that there are accompanying images to show at a glance what the character is, I had to double-take and stare at the second of Hahvoc's characters and read the pronouns in the profile to figure that one out. :B

That said I'm thinking of making a pirate character, but one who's a mechanic/starship fixer for someone else who styles themself a pirate captain. My character would work for the hypothetical captain by fixing and upgrading (often illegally) his technology and ship, but wouldn't particularly care about what the captain does with it as my character would owe a lifedebt to him or something (as icing on top, it'd be neat if the 'pirate captain' was specifically an anti-Illuminati crusader and raids Illuminati targets in the protection of civillians suffering under their tyranny in the middle/outer planets. But I could work with whatever.). I see no one else has made a pirate character yet, so I'll wait and see a few days if anyone does come in with one, and if not, I'll modify my idea to stand on his own.

My second profile is pretty male. His picture is pretty obvious, just saying.

The only reason mine *might* be hard to figure out is because I used pretty much the same basic...since they are twins. Fraternal twins, yes, but that's what science experiments can do.

Sorry about the gender omission. Guess I just figured it would be obvious with the images and other stuff when people would write out histories and the like. Feel free to add the field in after 'name' if it would make you feel more comfortable.

Anyway, the profiles coming in.... and we have a few more!!!!!! are awesome!!! I'm going to definitely be making a secondary character for sure. I'm thinking another civilian, though one who perhaps is still under the illusion that The Illuminati are doing good for the people. I'm thinking she's going to be on a ship heading to Charon because she's related to one of the officials stationed there, but something happens to the ship (malfunction or something) and it goes down during landing and....... But basically, I see her as needing her eyes to be opened to the realities of life because she's been sheltered from the truth of things. By seeing Charon for what it is, she'll be in for a very rude awakening.

Ok. So, I set up the IC threads. If there are any special requests for specific threads, don't hesitate to ask about them. They can be for specific places located on the planets themselves if you'd like. Right now all the threads are generic for each planet and for traveling between them. Be sure to use your location tags in your headers to keep track of where you are on each planet unless we start putting up threads for specific places on the planets themselves. :)

Oh boy, I was a little afraid of this, about this RP getting it's own sub-board... multiple IC threads? Post header tags? >.> I'm almost scared away from this RP on this alone, I've never played in an RP that uses this kind of complex system and have found attempting to read other games that use this system impenetrable. Oh well, shouldn't shy away from trying new things, right? I'll stick around, but man, this is going to take some getting used to...

That said, enough of my whining and back to actual plotful things. DarkAngel, some questions. Are the Illuminati the type of government who would, say, start sending humanitarian aid to one of the Middle planets that has a city/colony suffering from a plauge outbreak and they don't have the medicine to treat it themselves, but then if political dissidents are discovered within the city/colony, the Illuminati would yank out all medicine shipments and aid on the basis of declaring the entire place a 'rogue colony'? (not the whole planet, just the city) I'm entertaining the thought of perhaps the introduction of my character(potential characters) hijacking one of the outbound medicine shipments and taking it back to the people in need.

In that vein, since this very RP is -called- Space Pirates, and priates generally would like to steal things than blow them up, what kind of ship-to-ship weapons do pirates have for disabling other ships enough to get close enough for boarding action, rather than destroying a ship?

And at any rate, still going to wait a couple days to see if anyone brings in a pirate character of their own, but if not, I'm starting to think I might make two pirate characters; one the Robin-Hood-esque captain, the other the doesn't-care-about-anything mechanic.

*pats Psionic* I soooooooo promise you that it's not as complicated as it seems. It's really not. In fact, it actually keeps things organized much better and creates a really nice tone. I actually couldn't stand groups until I realized they could be formatted this way, LOL! XD

Anyway........ I could see the Illuminati wanting to maintain civility and control over all its planets by doing what it could for its planets. That would mean the Inner Sanctum got the best of the best just because of proximity since the main ruling houses are on Helios along with Themis. Though Helios is focal. But, every planet has its set of officials representing the Illuminati present and thus they ask for what they need when they deem it necessary. So, depending on who is 'ruling' said planet, they will then request what is needed and the Illuminati will provide. But of course only so long as the planet is showing that they favor them. That is more or less obvious. So sure. What you're proposing sounds fine to me and sounds like a great plot device to throw into the mix of things. :)

And Warlock. Have no fear if you've never seen the one season show Firefly and it's spin off movie Serenity. They are merely inspirations for me. They are NOT what this RP is based on. Anyway, are you familiar with anime at all? A good example of what Firefly is like is probably Cowboy Bebop. But if you aren't familiar with that... think western meets space meets Robin Hood meets awesome. lol. You have a rebel war hero who fought against the Alliance and now flies a Firefly class spaceship doing odd jobs (some legal, some not) as a means of living across the 'verse. It's quite awesome and one of the best things you could ever watch. I highly recommend it just for entertainment's sake. But by no means is it necessary for this group RP. :)

*looks at character thread* Ohey! Krys Snape, you just posted pretty much -exactly- the kind of outlaw/pirate character I was looking for, a 'good guy Robin Hood' pirate. ^^ Is it alright if I have my character's history tied to yours, by the way of your character saved my character's life at some time in the past (need not figure out the exact details yet unless they're needed), and so my character (a mechanic) is now a part of your pirate crew, keeping the ship working and tinkering with everyone's guns and things, but otherwise doesn't really care for whatever's going on and the whole politics and pirating?

LOL I didn't even see Psionic's post until now and it seems we had a similar type of character in mind ha ha

I don't mind that at all that they be tied together and on the same crew

So is that an OK to my character being part of Skylar's crew (because Skylar saved his life in the past?) ;)

EDIT: just saw your edit, nevermind. :B

sounds interesting but yea a anime example didn't help lol not really into anime but your other example gave me a good idea of what ya mean .i am a huge space / sci fi fan but surprisingly have never went the space related theme with any of my writting (oh except two songs LITTLE GREEN PEOPLE which was a joke song. and SPACE JUNKY but thats realy not about space as much as it sounds it as more or less a metaphor for someone who is drug addicted. ) anyway as i ramble on. i think it could be fun to actual give it a go at writing something in the SCI-FI outerspace type world. may have a few character ideas in my head got to think of what i really want to go with.

Dark, I have a question for you love. Now in the setting I can tell the obvious Fire Fly inspiration; but what's the inspiration from Star Wars since you've mentioned it as a bash up between the two.

Is it blaster technology, the medical bacta tanks, clones, droids everywhere? Speeder bikes? Particle and ray shielding?

Just trying to get a feel before I commit myself.

Also, there are 2 more definite profiles that I know will be popping up at some point once the people log on. I received a couple overnight, lol, and approved them earlier today. So those will be up at some point. And..... one is a pirate. hehe.

Pretty much, Nihil. I envisioned a Firefly theme with the SW technology and possibly some of its mythos and even the set up to a degree. You'll notice my concept of inner planets vs outer (though Firefly did have some of that too, but I got that primarily from SW... movies only since I'm not versed in the books).

Alright, that gives me some ideas then.

So since it's Firefly scale for a single setting, no star wars hyperdrive; but I'm assuming there's whatever it was firefly had. It's been a long time since I've seen the show.

Back
Top Bottom