Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rate the Avatar above you...

The colors are all out of whack, and there is evidence that this is intentional; it's taken from the larger, more coherent picture at lower center. Additionally, your profile claims that you are a male, and yet this picture is obviously that of a woman. If you don't know whether you're a boy or a girl, well, how can an unfamiliar observer guess? At least you bothered to put one up, although given the appearances, I have no idea why. One for ten.

4/10 - Below Average

I really like this image, but a few missteps ruin the overall quality. The largest issue is the poor file compression of the JPEG, which creates artifacts. You can see them around the smoke and outline of the heart. It also forces the image to be more muddled, which obscures the wonderful detail in the original. This could also be due to resizing, but mostly the poor compression. The choice of font was a good one; it clearly fits the picture. You also picked a good color to compliment the heart. However, for these wise choices, you unwisely placed the text in a poor place. It distracts from the focal point. When it comes to text in avatars, I tend to not use it, unless I can really utilize it well. Avatars are limited in their space, so it becomes very easy to create a piece that is too busy. Excluding text can really solve that problem. In this case, it's just distracting. It's too small and far away to really feed off of the heart, but it is in contrast with the smoke and background, so it's noticeable.

Overall, great choice in an image, but poor execution.

Also, your criticism of my choice in subject matter is horribly ignorant. You're grasping at straws.

Mitsu, no need to get defensive. If your going to dish out criticism, you should be willing to take some. Just because you like your avatar, doesn't mean the world needs to love it. The last time i checked this was still a democracy, and i think we are all entitled to our opinions.

I agree with XXtraPrince, your avatar and profile is very confusing. I am not criticizing your orientation, that is your choice, i am saying that i had the same question in my mind.

Just in case you missed it, i am still sticking to 3/10. Oh by the way, that is the lowest score i have ever given. You don't see very many masterpieces that deserve the title ;)

I give Refined's avatar a 3/10

Its a nice clean image, crisp, but the border on it confuses me and it doesn't seem to fit the photo itself. Its a half border which doesn't fit well on the photo its a *very* high contrast to put black against white like that and with the half border it gives an illusion with the contrast of the image popping out of the screen. Which with the background of the image currently and the subject it already does it in of itself. The man already pop out from the background in a 3D like effect.

Also on the ~Right~ of the border it isn't proportioned evenly across making a small box like shape/design on the side of the border which gets paired to a arrow so I am more forcing my eyes to focus on the man then letting them rest there or flow across the image. The eye is more pulled/drawn/and focused to the border then the image itself. You would be better off removing the border all together.

If you wanted to keep the border I'd say to proportion it out correctly and evenly across the image also change the color from the white to a grey. Yes I am aware of the color scheme of the board but that would work better for your image as well. Same thing goes if you want to keep the half border but I'm against that.

~~On a side note!~~
From reading the rest of your post does it really matter if someone's avatar doesn't portray the actual gender of the person accurately? This is a role play forum. Men play woman, and Woman play guys all the time. Gender of the individual is unimportant to this particular thread and if you really need to know or as curious as a cat to find out just ask. The person will tell you if they care to or go the their profile. Problem solved. Also Gender has no purpose in this specific thread so the point you and the other person make about that avatar specifically for the choice is redundant. Grow up a bit and put you big people pants back on.

(And No I do not think my avatar is all that or on the above average scale either. Just encase that is coming at me too. Since criticism seems to be a slight issue on a critique thread.)

XXtraPrince said:
Additionally, your profile claims that you are a male, and yet this picture is obviously that of a woman. If you don't know whether you're a boy or a girl, well, how can an unfamiliar observer guess?

refined said:
I agree with XXtraPrince, your avatar and profile is very confusing. I am not criticizing your orientation, that is your choice, i am saying that i had the same question in my mind.

...Wow. Are you serious? If you actually are and think that gender of the character in an avatar has to equate with the gender of the person behind it (an opinion, I never saw anyone stating before), what does that say about people who don't have a human (or something similar) as avatar?

@topic: 5/10. I like how it fits thematically to the site and the blue/black contrast in general. But I think it would be better without the writing.

Randomly jumps in for a quick Rate.

Awh damn.....

Hmmm BMD's avatar....the white on it threw me off for a minute there....

I'm stuck between 4/10 and a 5/10

Isn't good with "whats wrong" with a picture and is now just making a guess on how it looks to her.

I know that their avatar isn't above mine but, I'm really fond of Mitsu's avatar 0.o. Saw it when I was scrolling through really like it.

7/10 This getup reminds me of the television show, "I Dream of Jeanie"....(am I old or what?)

8 - I like it, but then again, there is something quite frightening about it.. >_>

I have no choice but to give Camille a 10. I am a southern boy far from home in this frigid hell called Maine. I miss my cowgirls and country sweethearts

I like the symbolic nature of this avatar, and the impression that the subject is being pulled both ways. My first take here was that of a color binding on monochrome wrists; however, I now see that is not accurate, but the sense of it lingers. Vacillating between an eight and a ten, I conclude that a nine is appropriate.

Definitely an 8+ for this lovely avatar, giving the usual fairy tale prince a cute and playful spin which makes me smile.
Also, the fact that the avatar is used on these forums, where more adult-themed role play is offered alongside the usual RPG bread and butter, gives me all sort of inspiration for re-writing fairy tales. (Or, depending on the fairy tale, reliving them - seeing how the original fairy tales rarely had happy endings.)

10 - Beautiful...and perhaps a bit mysterious. The black lace (along with the word "Steel" in the name) leads me to believe the person behind the avatar is strong and independent..yet very feminine.

10/10 C: because it's mai sugar momma. That and because I'm a southerner.

TBH: My avatar is me so. Critic me if you will, just realize that's actually a human being.

10 - I like the (pink?) smoke rings being blown up into the air. I love those glasses you wear and I just over-all like the avatar because it's YOU! :)

Seven! Four for the tits, two for the erect nipples and one for the hat. Had I been a southerner, I might have added another three for that, but unfortunately I'm not from the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom