Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revenge of the Monsters D&D Pathfinder Faerun 3.5 Updated!

Should erotica be used in this rp? (players only please)

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
For generations "adventurers" have tracked down the "savage" and "evil" races to loot them and slaughter them in some type of perverse culling ritual before stealing all of their hard won items, food, and trade. Orcs have been refused the right to trade because elves find them offensive, goblins are seen like large versions of cockroaches and exterminated in droves with no care to if they are man, woman, or child, and kobolds are destroyed by gnomes for some age old slight that their very God started! Well, enough is definitely enough!

You will be portraying one of the "monstrous" or "evil" races that has been wronged by humans, dwarves, elves, halflings, and gnomes. Your tribes have been kept sociologically stunted thanks to the puerile racism of the so called "advanced" races that keeps anything they view as unattractive or just disdainful from fully realizing themselves. Who is to say that orcs could not be as smart and talented as any elf if given the right education? But no, the slender bigots keep their "hated foe" in savage and tribal locations. Who is to say that goblins cannot understand love and affection the way humans can? Humans, the youngest of the vicious species, are more a plague than any goblin tribe has ever been!

You and your friends, family, and other close friends were gathered at a meeting of trading and culture. It was a festival between myriad races and other groups who were shunned by the "decent" humanoids of the world. Except something went wrong. The local communities got word of the gathering and got both frightened and greedy. There was gold and food and magic at this gathering, along with lots of slave labor. Thus, during the third day, it was attacked.

You saw your family and friends and strangers slaughtered before your very eyes. Your siblings, your parents, children of all types. Under the corpses where you hid you saw elves and humans rape young and wounded people of your race and others. You saw gnomes fastening slaves for their mines along with dwarves. You saw Halflings looting everything they could get their hands on. You had to wait, you hadn't been seen. A day later you found out you were not the only survivors, others had lived and not been captured. You knew you had to do something! This type of barbarism could not go unanswered! You would no longer be preyed upon by thrill seeking "adventurers," no more be a practice shield for squires, and your riches would not feed a lazy mob! It is time to right the balance of power.

This will be going on in AIM on Fridays, time yet to be decided. Add me to AIM and I'll get people situated.

Note 2: I have decided against Psionics, just too much bookwork.

So, mechanically, the rules are thus: Your race must be "monstrous" in some ways. Here are the examples:
Half-orcs
Tiefling
Goblin
Half-Ogre
Orc
Kobold
Savage Species Drider
Skulk
Zombified any race
(Note: Pretty much every race will be house ruled in some way or another, I would prefer no modifiers to Level outside of +2 without a great background/reasoning or a savage species approach. If you want to play a race that is not up there be sure to ask about it and I will see how it works. Though, no drow.)

The acceptable Classes:
Arcane: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wu Jen, Witch
Divine: Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Oracle
Fighting: Barbarian, Hexblade, Fighter, Ranger
Sneaky: Artificer, Beguiler, Rogue, Scout
Tricky: Bard, Dragon Shaman, Monk, Summoner

The books these appear in are:
Complete Divine: Favored Soul
Players Handbook 2: Beguiler, Dragon Shaman
Complete Arcane: Warlock, Wu Jen
Complete Warrior: Hexblade
Complete Adventurer: Scout
Eberron Campaign Core: Artificer
Also, check here for some fun: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php">http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Now that that is out of the way, here is the more numerical issues: You will start at level five (or with five levels) which gives you numerically nine-thousand in gold worth of objects and simple cash.

I want to set this up Pathfinder-like, so some classes will be reworked, as will races. Choose a race you wish to know of and I'll give you my rework, as with the class. This way I don't have to deluge with rules that may or may not ever be used.

Here is the general: Fighter Base Attack: d10 hit die (d12 for Barbarians or any class that gets it)
Rogue Base: d8
Wizard Base: d6
Feats: Every odd level (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc)
Ability Increase: One every fourth level

Favored Class: Choose a favored class for your character, that is your favored class.

Skills will be the Pathfinder skill set, so you are limited to your class level in rating but get a +3 if it is a class skill. At character creation you just get Class Bonus+ Intelligence in skill points. (Example, a Rogue would get 8+ Int Bonus at character creation and could have a rank of one in every skill. At level 2 they'd get the same but could raise the skills to 2.)
Check here for more info: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills</a><!-- m -->

Roll seven d6, drop the lowest score. Do not start with a stat lower than 10 on the die rolls. If you have a negative modifier after that (say a Half-ogres -2 charisma and a 10 charisma = 8) that is fine. If you have nothing above a 14 re do your rolls. If you do not have at least one eighteen turn your highest score into an 18. Do it in that order.

Do not roll your hit die, you will get the maximum points per level for a more "epic" feel.

Sneak attacks will only not effect the following: certain Abominations, oozes, plants, and any specific class that grants immunity. Everything else can be sneak attacked. Sneak attack stacks with spells as well as other abilities (eldritch blast, scorching ray, etc).

The rest will be handled by a race and class basis.

I'd say a maximum of about five to six. Four positions are already taken, they are thus:
Neurok_Shinobi Water Genasi Monk
Broomhandle45: Tiefling Fighter Dropped
Hero: Tiefling Warlock Dropped
Dramamine: Kobold Druid
Minthulf: Half-Minotaur Diabolus Oracle/Bard
Arcturus: Goblin Rogue

And now for a game. PM/IM the answer to any one of these and your character will get a boost of some kind. Yays.
If I had a manatee what would I name him?
Who first chat married me on Blue Moon?
What song has the lyrics "I see you baby; shakin' dat ass?" Neurok
Finish this lyric: "I have something to put in you-" Minthulf
Tomyris beat which legendary commander?
Name an anime I actually enjoy
Who was the ACTUAL protagonist of the book House of Leaves?
What was Ranavalona the Cruel's original name? Arcturus

I'm sitting on eastern time. And Fridays I can play any time, but no matter what I can guarantee at least occasionally I'll be interrupted for duty assignments.

Well, on Fridays I typically have appointments that don't end until about 2-3 pm and I can't get home until thirty minutes later. So gaming until five isn't much of a choice for me and school limits me pretty much to Fridays. I do have someone who will take Raiden's place because of the time constraint though.

0_0

Could I play? Playing DnD on AIM is fun! And I'm free Fridays. Mind if I make a character?

I'll have to decide between Paladin, Cleric, and Sorcerer......

Grrr.....

Yes, I read it. Sorry, I love Paladins. I made one for my tabletop group because my assassin character went turncoat and left the party, then I get to the session, and everyone told me they needed another rogue.....

There are variant paladins for other alignments besides lawful good.

What area of Faerun are you starting in?

Now, since erotica was chosen by so many people, let me lay out the general sexualities and how the various races that have been chosen see sexuality in their culture. This is not going to dictate anything with your character, choose as you wish, but here is the basics as will be in this world:

Sexualities: Heterosexual - Enough said
Homosexual - I believe we get this
Bisexual - No description needed
Pansexual - The liking of a person for who they are instead of sex, race, gender, appearance, etc.
Asexual - Just not wanting sexual relations period.
Xenosexual - Somewhat an addition to sexualities, it is the liking of others of different races, perhaps even to exclusion of your own race.

Example: Consort Yir'alln of the drow is surprisingly bisexual. Due to his treatment at the hands of the Matron Il'paraxu he is heterosexually xenosexual with a preference not just against drow women but all elven women. Homosexually he is used to the company of drow men who tend to his bruises and cuts and finds comfort in the arms of other drow.

Okay, for the races:

Tieflings: There is no real set decision behind the Tiefling sexuality. Often times it can be drawn back from the demon or devil that the Tiefling is descended from. Incubi and Succubi spawned are notoriously bisexual to pansexual and flit from partner to partner, though those who actually have fallen in love tend to cling to their partner with a jealous determination of the Abyss itself. Babau demons tend to be on the hard side of one type of sexuality of hetero or homosexual. Bebilith spawn tend to be pan-xenosexuals except when it comes to other fiendblooded as the natural hunting instincts of their forebear sees those as more food than sexual material. Marilith borne tend to be calculating with relationships and see them as useful diversions before squeezing every last drop of pleasure and/or material gain, no matter what sexuality. Retriever spawn are seen as somewhat romantic as they tend to be asexual until they find that "one right person." They don't typically know this person until they meet them and it can often be more obsession than true romance. Devil spawn tend to be more rigid and often pick one race to focus on it or go for any race but seek to be the dominant partner in almost all ways. This does not always mean evil-dominance, but perhaps even just doing the most nice things for a partner or even having them in "debt" to the tiefling.

Orcs/Half-orcs: Orcs tend to be bisexual and focus more on pleasure than sexual preference. Of course there are people who prefer one sex over the other but they tend to be seen as a bit weird. As their lives are often shortened by marauding "do-gooders" the orc marriage ceremonies are much different than normal people. The one who was proposed to sings a ballad gracing their patron God/dess while the one who proposed unties several knots in a rope. The number of knots untied when the ballad/prayer is finished is the number of years the couple will be officially married. They may update their vows with the ceremony later or move on to other pairings. Half-orcs sometimes seek more stability in relationships and seek the same partner over and over again. As a whole the orcs do not see much problem against xenosexuality.

Goblins, plains: Being mainly travelers the plains goblins find their pleasure where they can. There are heterosexual and homosexual pairings but sex is seen as an open, natural thing instead of something to be hidden and ashamed of. Seeing as they have little time to stop and check out prospective partners plains goblins have adapted a set of physical twitches and body language that indicates interest or lack of interest to partners. While there is no stigma against xenosexuality the relationships are generally seen as either one shot deals or very complicated because other races, even other types of goblins, don't interact the same way. Other racial flirting is generally lost on plains goblins.

Kobolds: The kobold sees sex in two ways: procreation and recreation. Procreation is a duty and is generally emotionless. Marriage/joined coupling is when sex is recreational and meaningful. Coupling is between any sex or gender and is often the only time sex is actually what other races see as romantic. Otherwise kobolds see sex as either a job with procreation or just a favor between friends. Xenosexuality is a bit harder for kobolds due to their size and they find many races are put off by their almost casual attitude towards sex. Those kobolds who can change their form are notorious xenosexuals and there is even a manual written by a famed kobold shapeshifter describing insane amounts of sexual positions for all combinations of sexes, races, kinks, and is sought out by the hedonists of the world or star crossed interracial lovers who need some spice in their life.

Goblin, mountain: Mountain Goblins have a very strict caste system that allows only homosexual dalliances or heterosexual dalliances that absolutely cannot produce children outside of castes. A goblin is expected and forced to marry an opposite sexed partner of the same caste. Xenosexuality is frowned upon because it upsets the caste balance.

Bah, Paladins are horrid. And I know about the other types of "holy warriors" but they just are bleh in general. Too objective morality to work for me. If you want them a whole lot I'd check out the Pathfinder Adventure Preview ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin">http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin</a><!-- m --> ... 48btpy8daf ) and see them. I might allow them. But otherwise no paladins. They are enemies and zealots.

As to where in Faerun I haven't much decided. Just "random location X."

But, we are starting tomorrow so if you can have your character ready by then and everything I figure I can probably squeeze you in. Just realize this is a game about outcasts and minorities who have been repressed seeking to right those wrongs and that morality is subjective unlike the normal objective D&D morality. That and there are no drow player characters.

The setting is Faerun but the character building rules are strictly Pathfinder with some house rules. Races have been house ruled and since Pathfinder is a bit more powerful than 3.5 is Level Adjustments are different. I can also tweak classes/races to fit and represent individuality (like a mummy with no +3 LA because of the lack of Mummy Rot spreading and Despair ability).

You could also read the Goblins! comic to get an idea of how this is being worked as well. Plus the comic is awesome.

I know they aren't a great class but I think they're pretty interesting. I like to lay off the alignment restrictions and just call paladins 'champions of a diety', that way they could be a Hobgoblin hero or something.

Hmm.

I've never much liked the paladins. Either way, check out the pathfinder SRD for the supported classes, if you'd like a different class (of those available) ask me and I'll revise it Pathfinder style.

Personally I think you'd like the Inquisitor class in the first link I gave. I haven't house ruled Hobgoblins yet though and would need to.

Also: Broom and Neurok can't make it tomorrow, would everyone be okay with trying for Saturday? If not I will just have their characters be knocked out and tone down the first battle some. Either way peeps.

Rerolled Stat Numbers, per Boss Misan's orders:

9, 17, 13, 11, 9, 11, 15

Best Six results:

17, 15, 15, 13, 13, 12.

New Generated Stats:

Strength: 10 (-2 Race modifier) Bonus: 0
Dexterity: 20 (17 raised to 18, plus 2 Race modifier) Bonus: +5
Constitution: 13 Bonus +1 ((New HP Total: 45))
Intelligence: 17 (+2 Race Modifier) Bonus: +3
Wisdom: 14 (+1 fourth level ability increase) Bonus: +2
Charisma: 15 Bonus: +2

New Save Totals:
Fort Save +2 (+1 Class, +1 Con Bonus)
Ref Save +9 (+4 Class Bonus, +5 Dex Bonus)
Will Save +4 (+1 Class Bonus, +3 Wis Bonus)

Skills: Swim: 8 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 skill points), Hide: 13 (+3 Class Skill, +5 Skill points, +5 Dexterity Modifier), Open Lock: 13 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 skill points, +5 Dex Modifier), Disable Device: 11 (+3 Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +3 Intelligence Modifier), Search: 11 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +3 Int Modifier), Sleight of hand: 13 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +5 Dex Modifier), Climb: 5 (+3 for Class Skill, +2 Skill Points), Bluff: 10 (+3 Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +2 Charisma Modifier), Spot: 10 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +2 Wisdom Modifier), Escape Artist: 13 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +5 Dex Modifier), Move Silently: 13 (+3 for Class Skill, +5 Skill Points, +5 Dex Modifier), Ride: 13 (+3 for Class Skill, +3 Skill Points, +2 Trait Bonus, +5 Dex Modifier)

Thus modified by the Boss Misan's orders.

15 Damage taken,

Lose one Oil Flask, one chunk of "meat". 3 Bolts. Minus one dagger to the Orc.

Gain 30 GP, bag of ruby dust, 38 Magical Poison Bolts. Minus 3 magical poison bolts. Staff of Healing, UnIDed Ring, Earring, and Robe from Skanky McBoobs.

XP Gain: 5,550.

Updated character sheet to follow later.

4750 xp
A box containing A fire opal attached to a gold chain, a tribal blanket made of what looked to be rare black manticore hide, a platinum ceremonial cup used in orc rituals, a book filigreed with gold (given to the pretty little goblin girl), and pretty looking ring.

A potions belt, containing one potion of cure light wounds (Sufficing for the one used to revive armored tiefling), now loaded with the other six clw potions, six alchemists fire, and two sanctuaries.

And and a sexual proposition from some hot orc that was saved, and the robe that Nurg is going to give to Nerin...

For the turkeys who did not show:

Session Summary by Arc... what follows is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... according to Nurg Silver-Eye.

Nurg wakes up in a pile of dead goblins. Apparently members of his tribe, one of them he recognized trying to steal his pack before someone caught her and flayed her. He recovered his pack, found his Dogs nearby, and set fire to the tribe's corpses as is tradition, forever robbing the Tall Ones of further chances to desecrate Goblin Corpses.

Nurg discovers a freakin' huge weasel pulling a Kobold from some bodies. He befriends the weasel with a chunk of meat and rescues the Kobold.

Nurg hears the cries of a goblin child. He sneaks around and finds a Point Eared Bitch Druid, and her two dogs, torturing a goblin girl child. With a single bolt he headshots the druid unto death. Weasel appears out of nowhere, taking out one wolf. Nurg and the weasel finish off the second, and save the child. Nurg defiles the elf's corpse and teaches the girl to do the same.

Somewhere, a monk whines about being dirty.

Nurg finds out the kid is a survivor from the Mountain Goblin tribe and promises to take her home. Somewhere the monk screams like a little girl and draws the attention of the two goblins.

The Monk tries to make peace with the Goblin and his dogs by offering to bathe them, and failing to check their wounds with any measure of proficiency.

Monk and Nurg find two Tieflings, one of which apparently wasn't even injured by was just merely scared into fainting away. Nurg relieves the male of all his weapons and items, and arranges to have them dragged along by the Weasel.

Finding him useless Nurg takes command, leading them out towards the Mountain Goblin homeland. They run across a pit trap which Nurg cleverly discovers before the monk stumbles into it, and an Orc who has been spiked to a tree. He orders the monk to pull him down, and arms the orc with a dagger.

Nurg spots three looters of goblin corpses. A cleric of Shar, and two Elves. He smites both cleric and elf ranger, offering up the Sharite to Beshaba. The monk meanwhile manages to take out the half-elf sorcerer. Looting revealed most of the goods the party gained, the orc kicked the ranger into a pit, and Nurg pissed on one of the looters.

Nurg was like a clockwork ninja, spotting and evading everything until they run into a bunch of slavers. For SOME REASON, the Monk screams out where they are, then charges right into the fray against four magical, armed people. Nurg wants to cut and run but the foul witch Skanky McBoobs casts a magical compulsion to draw him into the fight.

The Monk has the best luck ever, while Beshaba seems to have cursed Nurg, who gets beaten up and had no success at all. Eventually the monk somehow manages to pull a victory out of his ass, and Nurg claims the wizard slaver Skanky McBoobs his prisoner and slave, since Elf Paladin and the Psychic cut and run like little girls, leaving behind only the KOed Skanky and the whip wielding sadist.

The wizard wakes up, and like all wizards must have had a Teleportation soppository and manages to get away, minus her clothes and a few trinkets. Nurg takes them, but is generally pissed. The little girl finds her mother's special book among the slaver's ill gotten loot. They load up the wagons with the unconscious slaves and make for the mountains.

Nurg manages to decipher a staff of healing and keeps it for himself.

They arrive at the city to find the girl is the daughter or other relation of some big mucky muck, and thus are getting free board, healing, and rooms while in the Mountain Goblin territory. The monk for some reason is pulled aside by the Orc.

Nurg goes up a level.

~Biased account that is still pretty factual

Factual Report by Nerin.

Nerin saved Goblins ass, and not only connected more attacks, but dealt lovely damage with said attacks.

Nerin is a straightforward kind of person, and didn't feel like sneaking onto the slavers, and seems to have managed quite well, with his drunken style moves, despite being completely sober.

Facts are facts.

Need a place to save this so I remember it:

I'd say the pre-reqs would be: Quick Draw, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Reload
(9:18:19 PM): Acrobatics 3, Climb 3, Stealth 3
(9:18:27 PM): Sneak Attack 1d6
(9:18:33 PM): BaB +4
(9:18:38 PM): Race: GOBLINZ.
(9:18:51 PM): LEVAL ONE: FIGHT
(9:19:21 PM): Abilities: Rapid Shot with the crossbow, and Favored Enemy (Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Halfling)
(9:19:45 PM): 2nd: Sneak attacks +1d6
VileEsoterrorist 9:20 pm
(9:20:48 PM): 3rd: Favored Terrain (the home terrain of the favored enemy) and firing a crossbow/bow no longer causes attacks of opportunity against you.
(9:21:16 PM): 4th: Close defense as in the book.
(9:21:47 PM): 5th, 6th: As book
(9:22:24 PM): Well, let's say instead of poison use your favored enemy goes up to +4
VileEsoterrorist 9:23 pm
(9:23:02 PM): Vengeful strike just works on the favored enemy
(9:24:44 PM): Superior Catch becomes "Improved Bow Mastery" and your damage with the bow you use goes up by one level if used on enemies your size or larger.
(9:24:59 PM): And 10th stays the same.
VileEsoterrorist 9:25 pm
(9:25:02 PM): That seem good?
ArcturusHighwind 9:26 pm
(9:26:21 PM): Keeping Ranged Flank at 9th?
VileEsoterrorist 9:26 pm
(9:26:32 PM): Yes.

Questions to the players (especially Arc and Neuro I suppose): What would you like to see next? I have a small idea for a dungeon crawl type experience but could definitely work on trying to give your character's some sort of cathartic release or just something that would interest them.

Re: Revenge of the Monsters D&D Pathfinder Faerun 3.5 Update

I think I've already told ya...

But a more organic flow appeals to me. The "Lets get some super weapons from the ancients" doesn't fit in my mind because there's not a need. Not like we're up against some legendary elf who no normal weapon can harm, etc. In fact we seem quite well armed to take them on, based on the last encounter. Considering Nurg's personality, back story, and the current events, he'd want to put some hurt on the slavers. If it was up to him there would be some quality time spent with the captive until he got the information he needed, and then tracking down either Pointy Ears or Skanky McBoobs. Other possibility would be to find out who, if anyone, survived that massacre from his tribe.

That would be where his interests more naturally lead to. But part of good RPing is to find reasons to do what is on the table, not demanding the DM cater to you. So I'll go with what's on the table, don't worry.

My opinion is moot for today, i'll be leaving in... four hours.

Unless some how I can magic the labtop to work on the way to laughlin.

So if you want, you can have my character help out, or spending some time with the orc/healing up.

If you are going to play him, he tends to think of others, but don't spam the pots unless it's really needed.

If it's a shifty type of person he's against, and they aren't squishy, using scorpion style/stunning fist. Otherwise, pretty much always use flurry of blows (No ki cost)

Considering fate results mentioned I'd also throw in "Find a new home" in the goals list for Nurg. Not sure what that home would be. Another tribe? Reject City of Monsters? I think he'd be looking for a new group/identity.

I'm looking forward to playing tonight.

Would be nice to reward Flubbles for a job well done and meet her saviors.

Zzyzix's goals are to try and unite the 'higher' beings with the rest of sentient life, but if they choose not to, well... they can't be reasoned with so kill'em. But not in a vengeful way, more like a maintenance kind of way.

Also, I'll go ahead and update my character sheet/post to reflect the variants I have previously neglected to add.

Back
Top Bottom