Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogsdale Inn

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Lorelai Elizabeth Flannagan, Lori
House/Year: Ravenclaw/6th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Ash, 11.5in, Phoenix Feather, Bendy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: James

Lorelai nuzzled close to James, relishing how close she was to him and how warm he felt. It was nice just to be held by him, to feel his arms about her body. She gave a nod. "Yes, I'll definitely need to eat after everything," she said with a tiny smile, her cheeks a bit red at the admission. "And I think I can easily be back to my dorm room before Alice or any of the others get back. And Alice knows me well enough to ask later whether she suspects anything or not." She giggled a little. "She is a Ravenclaw after all."

Lori rested her head against James' chest just then, listening to the beat of his heart for a several moments. It was so soothing and relaxing and it only made her feel like the bond they shared was that much stronger. It was funny. All her fears from before had all but washed away. She still felt self-conscious, but not like before. Not even close.

"James... when do you think we'll get to be together again? Do you think we'll have to wait long?" Lori felt silly after having asked, but she couldn't help herself. She needed to know how they'd be managing things. Now that they'd been together, she knew she'd be craving him so having an idea of such things seemed like a good idea. However, once she said it aloud, she felt like a silly school girl. She just hoped he'd understand and that somehow they'd find a way.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: James Alexandre Magnus
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier
Broom: It was sent on ahead.
Attire: Professor's uniform with traveling cloak over it
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Lorelai

"That is good, and the restaurant here in the Inn will be able to make something I know you will like, Lori. As for when we can be together again... I think the first afternoon that you have a great deal of free time will be perfect. I don't want either of us to have to wait too long, as I want to see you as much as possible. I am hoping by this weekend at the latest, if that is not too soon for you, Lori?"

James caressed and cuddled her more and more, relishing how she was feeling close to him. He then had her on her feet, smiling and looking down into her eyes, his hand caressing her face as he used his wand to return their clothes to their original clean and neat condition. He handed her clothing to her, ready to order their food as soon as she decided on what she wanted. He seriously wanted her to be able to meet him later that very week, as he didn't want too much time to go by for them without being together.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai felt so very loved as James looked down at her and gently caressed her face. It sent tingles down her spine and made her tummy flutter. Oh how she loved him! She gave him a nod as he spoke to her, letting her know of his intentions on when next they could be together again.

"The sooner the better," Lori answered, her cheeks burning as she spoke. "And yes, the food here at the inn's restaurant will be perfect," she added with a smile.

Cuddling close, Lori let out a tiny sigh of happiness and contentment. She was truly happy for the first time in all ways. Finally, James brought her to her feet and used his wand to clean up her clothes. When things were readied, she got herself dressed. It didn't take long, though she wished she could've made their time last longer. However, she knew that they had to return to the castle eventually.

"I wish we could stay longer," Lori mused as she slipped on her robes. "But I know we have to go back soon. I shall think of you holding me though when I sleep at night."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier

After he also got dressed ,James held Lorelai's hand as he lead her down to the restaurant for them to have something he knew they both would like for dinner. He smiled as he sat across from her, having helped her sit down. Similar discreet locks were given to them, the waitress smiling as she understood love when she saw it. James then sipped his water, setting it down as he spoke again about the days ahead.

"I also don't want the time together to end so soon, but I am wanting us to spend as much time when we can that we can. I really hope that we can be together as often as possible, and I am willing to do what I can to make certain that we can. I never want you to think you are the only one doing what is needed to keep our relationship going, as I intend to do what I can as well. I do love you, Lori, and I want so much of our free time to be for us. I do want you to spend time with your friends, as I refuse to make you feel you have to make a choice."

He knew the menu by heart, but he wanted her to feel she was free to take the time she needed to read hers and look for what she wanted.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

James led Lorelai down to the restaurant. As she sat down, her tummy rumbled a bit causing her to giggle softly and her cheeks to redden a bit in embarrassment. She was famished after everything! It had been a while since she'd last eaten, but coupled with what they'd just done together, she was more than in need of something to eat.

Lori looked over at James as he sat across from her and she was glad he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible whenever possible. It made her feel wanted, loved. And as she looked into his eyes, she could see the intensity behind his words, the desire. He truly loved her and it made her feel so warm inside. Never had she felt like this. Not ever. Yes, she had Alice and Sam, but that just wasn't the same. They were like a sister and brother, like a family to replace the broken one she had back home. Something whole to fix the shattered pieces that were silent toward her when she went back to visit them during holidays. No. This was different.

Smiling, Lori nodded. "Alice and Sam will be happy for me. I know they will be," she began. "And I'll definitely be spending time with them. Hopefully others too as I've made it my mission this year to open up a bit more." She smiled a bit more broadly as she picked up the menu. "But I definitely do not want to be parted from you, James. I want time for us. It's a priority for me." Still smiling she looked down at the menu so as to figure out what to eat. "I love you and want time with you and I know I'll have time with my friends. Though, judging on Sam's earlier behavior at the station..." her voice trailed and she giggled. "I'm hoping Alice will have some news of her own for me later."

At that, Lori finally decided on something light to eat - a fresh salad and rolls drizzled with honey along with another cup of strawberry tea.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

After ordering a rich bisque along with the rolls drizzled with honey and another tea which he sipped while they waited on their food, James was quiet for a moment as he took her hand again. He already had very definite plans that were a great deal ahead of things, and he felt that, as she needed him to say them now, he would tell her.

"I am glad they are as good of friends as I suspected... but I hope what I am going to say is a good thing. I don't want you to go home for the holidays, as I want you to spend them with me. I know that is thinking a good bit ahead, but I want to spend the holidays with you. If you want others to come, that is fine... but I want us to be together for that time of year."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai could hardly contain both her surprise or her happiness when James mentioned that he wanted her to spend the upcoming holidays with him. It was like a dream come true to hear such words pour out of his mouth. Her family life was so far from perfect. She had parents who neglected her and sisters who envied her to a point where they treated her very poorly indeed. It made visits home less than desirable even though each time she left they claimed they wanted her to come home again soon. The words were so empty. So full of hypocrisy.

"I'd love that, James. More than anything I'd love that," Lori said, her smile growing by the second. "I would absolutely love to spend my holidays with you. You have no idea how much it means to me that you are asking this of me." She giggled softly. "Oh my, my answer is yes! I most certainly will"

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James smiled, very pleased with Lorelai's answer. He did want to spend the holidays with her, and not just because she was now with him. He deeply cared about her and wanted her to be happy, and he knew that she never was happy when she returned from home. Every time he had asked her about her family, it was there that she was very sad and hurt by them. It was something that pained him for her, and he couldn't see any advantage to making her have to go again that year to be miserable all over again.

"I am very glad you said yes, and I will start making plans for the holidays now. I have ideas, but I wanted to make certain it was a yes from you before proceeding."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai nodded and smiled. "Now I'll have something to look forward to this upcoming holiday," she replied. As she looked at James, her eyes teared up a little. Never had she been so happy or felt so loved. This year she'd finally have a Christmas where she wouldn't be ignored or forgotten. There wouldn't be any angry parents or upset sisters. No. There would be love and laughter. It would finally be the way it had always been meant to be spent. "Well, whatever the idea doesn't matter. Just that it'll be with you will be enough for me." Wiping at her eyes a bit, her smile grew and unable to hold back, she reached to touch his arm. "Thank you."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James smiled, his own hand caressing her arm as he looked into her eyes to let her know that everything he was saying to her was the truth. He loved her, and he knew that she needed to know more just how much he cared for her above and beyond what he had already expressed. As he spoke again, he gave her a bit more of himself to her.

"Actually, Lori, I am thanking you. I want you to have the best holiday with me, and though you are glad that you will be with me, I want it to be unforgettable. Not just this first time, but I am hoping every time with me. I know that is sappy, but every moment I want to be completely special with and between us."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai shook her head and smiled. "No, it's not sappy. It's romantic and I like that. And it means the world to me. Nothing will change how that makes me feel." She could feel a warmth rising to her cheeks as she spoke, her happiness clear. "And honestly, I think now that things are right between us, as they are suppose to be... I think I will always feel special now when I'm with or near you." She averted her eyes for a moment. "I sound silly, don't I?" When she looked back at James, her eyes were glistening. Never had she known such overwhelming, unconditional love. She just hoped it would last forever and never disappear...

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Lori, there is nothing silly about anything you say or do, as you have always been special to me in every way. Also, I love you and never feel as if you are not special, because you are always special to me in every way."

James saw the waitress coming with their food, and he smiled at her as she placed all of it on the table for them. After she left, James let Lorelai taste her food first as he wanted her to know how good it was. He then waited, wanting to see how much she enjoyed her food.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled at James' words. He had a way of making her feel special even when she felt awkward. She didn't know how he was able to do that, but he was and it gave her confidence, lifted her spirits. It made her feel loved and beautiful and so many other things she never felt before.

When their food finally came, Lori couldn't help but smile. She was indeed famished. After everything she and James had done together, not to mention it had been a bit since her travels to town from home, she was more than a bit hungry. Her salad looked so delicious and she was eager to taste it. When the waitress left, she looked over at James and smiled. She could see he was waiting for her to try her food, so she picked up her fork and did. The flavors were more than wonderful, dancing on her tongue with each and every bite.

"This is so good," Lori said. "Just perfect." She savored each bite, letting the flavors swirl and linger a bit before she swallowed down each bite. "How is your food?" she then asked. "I trust it's just as divine?" Her face was bright, happy. And though their time together was nearing its end, she wasn't totally sad for it meant that another time together would be just around the corner.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"It is as divine as our time together, Lori."

James knew how sappy that sounded, but rather she made him feel comfortable being sappy. He enjoyed his rich soup, the flavor telling him how slowly cooked and properly seasoned the seafood bisque was. The rolls were sweet and savory at the same time themselves, accenting the taste of the bisque when he dipped them in and ate more. He smiled, realizing what he said was sappy but was something he really meant as he continued to her.

"Please know that you are not to worry that I am going to be different, Lori. I know you enjoyed everything that happened in the room, and that is not going to change at all. I am just wanting you to know that everything about you I cherish. I know how difficult it is going to be for us, but anything worth having is worth effort to keep it and to keep it the way it is."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai just smiled as she continued eating, her cheeks a bit red as she did. She was thoroughly enjoying herself... the food, the company. She knew she was truly with the one person she wanted to be with forever, if he'd have her and never tired of her. James just had this way of making her feel like no one else could. He'd managed to shatter the walls of her nervousness, making her feel like a woman worthy of being loved and so much more. No man had ever done that. In fact, not even her friends had been able to penetrate the walls around her in such a way. Sure, they could get through them to some extent, but not in the way James could.

As James spoke, asking Lori for her trust, she found herself both willing and eager to give it. And that was not something she did lightly. Then again, James had truly earned it in his own right. Back at Primary, he'd been there for her during the incident. So had Sam, but it was James who'd been able to reach her when no one else could.

Lori smiled. "I agree and you are worth it to me, James," she said. "And I find myself trusting you. You know me, my history... that doesn't come lightly nor easily, but you've always been there for me..." She touched her one arm, her fingers gently tracing the scars that forever marred her flesh. A reminder of the hardships she had in coping with that horrible incident of so long ago. "Yes, I trust you. I trust us. It'll be worth the effort, every bit of it. I don't think I've ever wanted anything so badly."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Anything that is worth having is worth the effort.. the trust... I know you, Lori, and what happened before is not going to matter after a while. I know it is still fresh in your mind, but I am going to go to the efforts needed to make all of that fade from your memory as best as possible. I know that with us, fresh in everything is key... and I am going to keep us first in your mind because that is what is most important."

James knew Lorelai very well, and he did know that she would need him to always be there when she needed him to be. He was going to do all the little things needed for her to know, even the times he couldn't always physically be there, for her to know that in the truly important sense he was there. She needed him, loved him, as much as he did her. He would tell her someday about how much he needed her to, had to have her the way he was having her. She most likely could see it in his eyes, and as he continued eating his food he let her see in them that if she wanted she could ask him anything while they were still together there.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled at James, grateful that he seemed so empathetic toward her past, her demons, everything. It was hard forgetting what happened so long ago back in Primary. Even though 8 years had elapsed since the incident about 6 since she'd last seen someone about her troubles regarding it, it was still rather fresh in her mind. Yes, she'd learned to cope with it, handle it in a mature fashion, but it didn't mean that the incident didn't haunt her dreams or thoughts. That she didn't look at the scars on her arms and cry herself to sleep at nights. That she didn't have days where she wouldn't want to talk to anyone... not even Alice or Sam...

It truly meant so much that James wanted to still be there for Lori even after all this time. He'd been such a saving grace to her back when everything had happened with those boys who fancied themselves a new breed of Death Eater. He'd saved her in so many ways.

As Lori smiled at him, her thoughts dwelling on how much she loved and cared for him. She wondered just when his thoughts had changed for her. He was older, more experienced... had loved and married another before her... She knew that love had been strong as well. Very strong. And she knew he could never get it back, not after what had happened. It was a touchy subject and she was certain the wounds and sorrow had to run so very deeply. But somehow he'd managed to move on. She wondered if that had been an agreement they'd shared prior.... she knew if something ever happened to her she'd want him to find happiness again if it was possible. But had they? She didn't know, but she didn't want to upset him by asking either. The moments they'd shared had been so wonderful and soon they had to rejoin everyone at the castle... But she knew she'd have to ask him at some point.

"I'm glad, James. I know that'll help... I love you so much." Lori looked at James with eyes so very expressive she was sure he could read the myriad of emotions she was displaying before him. There were so many and each one so very genuine. Finally, deciding on one particular question to ask of all the ones swimming in her mind, she asked, "When did you know you loved me?"

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"That spring of your eighteenth year, at that party that Alice had helped put together for you. I saw you in that lovely dress that matched your eyes, and I came over and asked you to dance. I had had a great affection for you for a few years before that, but I knew then that I loved you deeply. I didn't act on it because there were other things... abroad.. that had to be dealt with. I didn't want you caught up in affairs that had nothing at all to do with you or us. I do hope that makes sense to you, my Lori, as I don't want you to have to have any of the past interfere on our growing closer."

James smiled, a touch of sadness in his eyes about those matters he was not speaking of. He knew the day would come he would not keep anything from her if she asked direct questions about those matters, but he was hoping she would be willing to ask him both gently and carefully. He didn't want her to have to be saddled with the burden of his past, but he would not hide it from her in the least. He ate his bisque, very pleased with it and soon the bowl was full again. The succulent morsels of seafood making it so good, he was glad for the hearty and savory biscuits that came with it this time.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled. She remembered that party. It was the first time Alice had done anything to try and overcome her shyness. She'd been proud of her for that and grateful of the thoughtfulness. "I remember that day," she said, her voice soft. "And I remember the dance. It had surprised me," she added her cheeks reddening slightly. And she remembered his other affairs that had been going on at that time as well. She knew very well to what he was referring. It was the very questions she was hesitant to ask and felt the need to hold off on at the moment given the timing. Though she did know they'd have to address at some point. "But in a good way." She looked into his eye and smiled warmly. She let go of his remarks regarding what occurred during that time, not wanting to dwell on them right then. "And I think it would probably be around the same time for me for you as well or thereabouts. I know I started caring for you before that, but I know I felt love around then. I... I just never thought it would happen. But, I'm glad it did." Still smiling, she took another bite of food, very happy to be in James' company.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"I know, and I am glad this is both pleasing and surprising as I wanted you to feel both. I never did anything to dissuade you, of course, but also nothing to encourage you. I wanted you to feel your own genuine feelings, and intended originally to let you come to me in your own time.. but with this opportunity to teach her.. I had to act."

James was smiling, very pleased indeed that Lorelai felt the same way. He was almost done with his dinner, and they did have the time to talk and relax before they had to return for the mixer. He noticed the waitress returned, setting a couple of dessert menus beside them. He nodded, then turned his attention to her as he smiled again. He gestured to the smaller menu, pleased at the idea of watching her really enjoy a dessert.

"Please be both certain and decadent. The desserts here are very superb, and I really don't want you to feel you have to restrict yourself in any way."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled at James as she picked up the dessert menu. There were so many desserts that looked wonderful. Typically she tried to hold off on desserts even though they were her favorite course. She loved sweets and wished she felt more comfortable indulging in them more often than she did. Usually she felt guilty doing so and as a result never truly appreciated nor enjoyed them in the way she knew she could. But with James looking at her the way he was, his words encouraging her... she knew she probably could for the first time since she was a young child and tasted her first bowl of ice cream.

Biting down on her lip, Lori looked over the dessert choices. So many, so deliciously decadent. But then she saw it. Her taste and craving for strawberries never failed and the moment she saw it, she knew it was the dessert she wanted.

"The strawberry shortcake. Please," Lori said softly. "I'd very much like that. With whipped cream on the top."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James nodded, the smile on his lips and light in his eyes telling her he knew that was what she was going to pick. He loved strawberries as well, but he just was not in the mood for the shortcake. He already made his choice, but he waited for the waitress to return, smiling at her as he ordered dessert for both of them.

"The lady will have the strawberry shortcake, with extra whipped cream and strawberries. I will have the spotted dick, as I know the currents are fresh as hell, and we both would like some of the flavored dessert tea. Of course, the lady will have the strawberry infusion, and I will have the cinnamon and vanilla."

The waitress nodded, waving her wand and sending the order into the kitchen like she had with their dinner order. The magical clock on the wall told him the Feast was two thirds over, and he smiled at Lorelai again.

"You can ask more questions if you like. I am very happy to answer them. Lori."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai nodded and smiled, both excited for her dessert and grateful that James was willing to be so open with her. She knew some questions would have to wait, especially the one regarding his most painful loss... the loss of his wife. Yes, she'd wait on that one for now. No doubt he knew that was on her mind anyway and would be until the time was right when she could and would ask him about that.

"So, what are you planning for the upcoming holidays? Or is that to be a surprise of sorts?" Lori then asked. She was indeed genuinely curious and wanted to have an idea. Either way, she'd be looking forward to the break and the time she'd be spending with James. It would truly be wonderful and memorable. "I have to admit, I'm anxious to know," she said with a giggle.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James smiled, Lorelai's giggle very sweet and expected. She really was liking the intrigue of their relationship already, and that would be helpful in the long run. She asked about the holidays, and he already had a very set of ideas as he said. He sipped his water, cleaning his palate a bit as they waited on their desserts. He spoke softly, letting her know that she can keep her reactions at the same level. As he spoke, he took her hand again, wanting her to know how much he was looking forward to the holidays already.

"Well, I am thinking a trip somewhere I know you have not been. It will be out of the country, most certainly. Also, I want it to be a place that you have wanted to go, that you have talked about going to more than once. I know that has been a few places, but I would love it to be at least one of those."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled and nodded, her mind going over where it could possibly be. There was a tiny handful of places that she really wished to visit that were outside of England. Two areas in particular had been Asia and Scandanavia. So she wondered if it could be either of those areas and if so, which particular place within given how large each area was. Whether it was or not, she knew the trip would be both wonderful and memorable since it would be time with James not to mention a holiday. Holidays in the past had always been difficult times given her family life so this was something she was now looking forward to immensely.

"You have my curiosity piqued, James," Lori giggled softly. "Now I'll be wondering just where it will be that we'll be when spending a wonderful holiday together with each other." She was smiling, her eyes bright. "Though really, no matter where it is, it'll be wonderful. I do hope you know that. Just the fact that you are thinking of me and wanting that time with me. That means so very much." Her expression softened and her eyes began to glisten a little. She then giggled a little at herself. "I'm such an emotional creature, aren't I?"

Lori's question was more rhetorical, but she was also seeking reassurance of her 'display' from James. Looking at him, she held tightly to his hand. She was truly happy, life finally moving in a direction that had promise and favor. As she looked into his eyes, everything just felt so right and she now, more than ever, looked forward to what the future had in store.

Back
Top Bottom