Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogsdale Inn

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: James Alexandre Magnus
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier
Broom: It was sent on ahead.
Attire: Professor's uniform with traveling cloak over it
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Lorelai

"Lori, there is nothing at all wrong with being emotional. The problem stems from if one doesn't express one's emotions when is appropriate. Holding some emotions in is a very bad thing, something I am all to aware of myself. Of course, I am very glad that you are comfortable enough with me to share yours as I am mine with you. It is a very good thing that makes us stronger by sharing them with someone who really appreciates them, especially if it is a loved one."

James smiled, knowing that Lorelai will see that he is not just talking about himself. He knew how close to her friends she was, and that was a very good thing in his mind. He liked both Alice and Samuel, knowing they were there for her and were willing to stand by her no matter what. He took her hand again, tilting his head as he gave her some ideas about where he really wanted to take her.

"I really would love to show you the grove of cherry trees that my wand is from, as it really is a very magical place... both figuratively and literally..."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Lorelai Elizabeth Flannagan, Lori
House/Year: Ravenclaw/6th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Ash, 11.5in, Phoenix Feather, Bendy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: James

Lorelai was glad that he felt as he did regarding her emotions. And moreover that he felt comfortable that she shared them. It made her feel like she truly could be herself and that he truly did accept her for who she was, flaws and all. She thought about the horrible scars on her skin that would be with her forever, those reminders of a dark past that he promised to help her forget. She wondered if she could help him with his own past. Of course, she didn't want him to forget his wife. Rather, she wanted him to get fully past that. And she most certainly wanted him to be certain that he truly loved her... that she wasn't merely filling a void. She knew she could never replace the loss nor ever compare. But even still, she hoped somehow she could bring some level of happiness and light to his life that she'd brought to it when she'd been alive. That's all she could hope for.

"That would be so wonderful!" Lori then said, with a smile. "I would love that so much!" The thought of seeing the place thrilled her and she instantly knew the time would be memorable. Now, more than ever, she couldn't wait for the upcoming holiday.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier

"Then you will love seeing the Orient, Lorelai, as the orchard I got the wand from is in Japan."

Their desserts arrived, and James waited as they were placed in front of them. He knew that, with the extra whipped cream and the very large strawberries, hers would be beyond good. He loved strawberry shortcake, but he himself was in the mood for the spotted dick. The pudding was perfect, well cooked and bursting with the currents, and the custard was a firm and the yellow of fresh clotted cream. He sipped his tea, letting Lorelai have some of hers first.

"Yours looks divine, Lori. They grown their strawberries in the hothouse in town, and as you can see, they are the size of plumbs and just waiting for you to bite into them and taste their bursting ripeness. I know how you feel, as your bursting ripeness pleased me as well after a long enough wait."

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled. Knowing that she and James would be going to Japan for the holidays was enough to make her feel warm and happy inside. She was excited for it and knew it would be a trip filled with laughter, romance and so much more. She'd get to learn more about him as well as spend time with him and see some place she'd always dreamed of getting to see one day. It was just perfect.

Just then, the desserts were brought out and set before them both. Lori's eyes lit up immediately at the sight of the strawberries. They were beyond beautiful to behold--juicy, succulent. She knew they'd be delicious and even more so with the whipped cream.

"It looks fantastic," Lori said, her voice a happy whisper. She was smiling broadly, obviously excited to try her dessert. Giggling a little, she smiled at James and shyly took a bite of her strawberry shortcake. "Oh my..." she exclaimed. "This is the best strawberry shortcake I've ever had..." She took another bite and sighed. "Mmm... the strawberries are perfect." She looked into James' eyes just then, her expression soft. "And so are you."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James laughed softly, shaking his head just so slightly. He was not saying what he was to hurt Lorelai's feelings, but out of honest humility about himself. His words were direct and sure, his tone light and soft but still honest as he answered that compliment from her.

"I am not perfect in the truest sense, Lori... perfect for you and perfect to you, I can concede that I am doing the best I can. Perfection is only something that I do by admitting that I am not really perfect, but rather doing the best I can for others, including you. I want things to be as perfect as possible for us, and I will do what I need to do on my end to make things that way. You deserve what is perfect for you, and I want that for you in all things. Perhaps that is where I am reaching being perfect... having perfect intentions."

He takes a spoonful of his Spotted Dick, slowly savoring its taste along with the custard. He ate the first bite in the same manner that Lorelai did her strawberry shortcake. He knew she knew that he was not mocking her in any way, rather conveying to her how perfect the chef among the house elves was making things. He smiled as he looked into her eyes again, his hand holding hers as he thought of the holidays in Asia and showing her all the wonders of Japan, China, Laos, Vietnam, the Philippines, and so forth.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai blushed and nodded. "That's exactly what I mean. You are perfect for me." She took another bite of her strawberry shortcake, relishing how wonderful it tasted before swallowing it. "You are human and thus, and have your flaws like anyone else, but..." her voice trailed. "But you are perfect for me. It's your flaws and everything else that make you the man you are and thus perfect as you are." She paused a moment and smiled. If they hadn't been in so public a location, she'd have crawled into his lap as the urge to do so just then was suddenly strong. "I love and care for you and you've done so much for me since I've known you. Been there for me in ways no one else ever could. You've learned and strived to understand me. And in ways my friends never could." She smiled at James and blushed a bit more. "So you see, it's your flaws that make you unique and thus perfect. I don't expect you to be perfect in that you never make mistakes down the line in little things here and there. But I know you'd never do anything purposefully to hurt me and together we'll learn more about each other and work on any snags we might come across should such things pop up." She took another bite and swallowed. "But overall, I trust in us. In you and I look forward to everything. I welcome it." His hand was so warm as he held hers. "It's all so new and scary, but I want this, James." She looked up from her dessert just then. "Not just now and Japan over the holidays..." Again, her voice trailed. She bit down on her lip, her body trembling a little. "I want next year and the year after and the year after that and, yes, even still the year after that... if you'd allow it..."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James could tell that Lorelai was being as honest with him as he was being with her. It made him very glad that was the case, as she needed both to receive it from him and to give it back to him. He finished his bite of his dessert, then set his spoon down as he used both hands to hold hers. He looked into her eyes, wanting her to see all that was in them as he spoke to her very clearly and passionately.

"Lori, that is what I am planning on.. well, not planning, rather intending. I want this to be a very long term thing between us, and I want you to know how everything that you want I want as well. I want year after year to be together, as I never enter into this kind of relationship lightly or with no intent of follow-through. I want the two of us to be together for a good length of time.. perhaps longer."

He was teasing just a bit. as he was intending the latter. He was very keen on spending perhaps the rest of his life with her, but at the moment he didn't want to frighten her. Such a commitment may scare someone of her age, and he was not going to pressure her so soon in their relationship.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai smiled as she continued eating her dessert. It made her feel better at ease to hear James say such things. She wanted to hear them... needed to hear them. A tiny giggle passed over her lips as he added in the statement 'perhaps longer' and she looked into deeply into his eyes.

"I'm glad," Lori then said. "I think the longer the better... if... if you'll have me."

Her voice stammered a bit as she spoke, her nervousness clear. But with that nervousness came something else. With it came admission and love. She knew it would still take time to build things up between them. But she wanted James to know that she wanted that, planned to strive for that. Truly she never wanted anyone or to be with anyone like she did him. And she wanted to make sure that he knew that with very clear certainty.

Still smiling, Lori took another bite of strawberry shortcake and soon realized it was the last of it. She was sad she'd finished the dessert, but she was happy to have started something new and wonderful with James. Something she had a good feeling about and knew would last a life time if given the proper chance.

Lori looked up at James. "I don't want to go back just yet even though I know we have to soon." She smiled warmly, her eyes expressive and showing that she knew the inevitable would soon be upon them both.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James was also finished, having eaten every bite of his Dick. He caressed Lori's hand, his eyes never leaving hers as she spoke. He knew that she was honest about making theirs a lasting relationship, as well as not wanting to leave and return to the hustle and bustle of the Uni. He already was not wanting things to end yet either, even though they both needed to return and would eventually be missed if they didn't. He smiles at her words, speaking to her in his own and letting her know his feelings as well.

"I know that you don't want to go back yet, and neither do I, however we must soon, Lori. I do want us to get together again as soon as possible, and perhaps the chance will come sooner rather than later. I already have a place to stay out on the Island, and we can have a lot of privacy there as well. I have placed charms on it so that there is a very strong assurance of that, and I would be happy to spend every chance we can out there just the two of us."

He wanted her to know about it, wanted her to here him tell her how much he is thinking ahead about times they could be alone. He was meaning really alone, as he wanted to enjoy her to himself as much as she obviously desired the other side of that.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai nodded at first as James spoke, making it known that he too wished they could linger longer if it were possible. But she knew they couldn't, that they'd have to face their responsibilities of everyday life sooner or later. Though she also knew that didn't mean things would be over either. It just meant they'd have to look for to the next moments and times they'd be sharing until finally they'd be sharing times that would hopefully last, well, a lifetime.

Just then, James mentioned his place on Hogsmill Island and how he'd had it set up with appropriate wards that allowed for very specific privacies. It made Lori blush a bit at how well he'd planned for all of this, for approaching her and making her see just how much he wanted to spend time with her. He'd gone to such lengths and trouble and all on her account and without knowing for sure if she'd accept. But then... he had to have known somehow that she would. After all, she'd known for a long time that if the day ever came that James Magnus ever asked for more from her than a mere professor/student relationship, she'd have given it.

And now... here she was. Not only was Lori in a romantic relationship with James, but it was something more. Something she could explain quite yet. And she knew somehow it was going to last forever and beyond as well.

"I know we have to go back now even if I don't want to," Lori began, letting out a tiny sigh. She smiled at James. "I'll just have to be patient and know that our next time wil be even better." Her cheeks reddened a bit more as her smile grew. She giggled softly at that for a moment. "And I look forward to seeing your place on the island. All this time at Secondary and I've never been out there. I've heard it's beautiful." She tilted her head, her face bright and happy. "And to be spending it at your place, warded and protected? Even better."

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

James nodded, seeing in Lorelai's eyes that she was very eager to do what she needed to make their relationship a reality. They were off to a good start, and he already knew some of the things needed to expand and expound on what they had done so far from his end. He continued to caress her hand, speaking simply and honestly to her about a lot of thngs.

"Though we do have to go soon, I want you to know that I will be taking finding time for us very seriously. With you helping with Renee, it will be easier for us to be seen associating together outside of class and have it perceived as normal. I know that I can count on you for that help, as Renee is really going to need an older female to help her. I also know that, with you and Sam as Upperclassmen in your respective Houses, many older students are taking your lead on how to handle situations like those that came up last year."

He was drawing her attention to heading back to the Castle, but by reminding her that she already had respect of many older students of all Houses. The fact that a group of students, like similar Muggle groups of similar ideologies, petitioned for forming the LeStrange Society, based on the "more reasonable ideas of the LeStrange Sisters". While they were kept under very close watch, the fact was that a number of "male associates of the Sisters", as they called themselves, were already behaving in manners that called into question if it was not a surface attempt to revive the Death Eaters once more.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai knew the inevitable was drawing near. She and James had to head back to the castle and face their daily responsibilities once more. Though it saddened her, she was excited to see both Alice and Sam not to mention meet Renee. Plus, she planned to make it a point not to wallow in the fact that she and James had to wait and more or less hide their relationship until she graduated. In some ways, she figured it could make things exciting as well as make each moment between them count even more. Silently, she vowed to herself that each successive encounter would be better than its predecessor.

When James then brought up the situation of the year prior, Lori then nodded. She remembered it well and shivered. Those boys hadn't fooled anyone. Not the students and most certainly not any of the faculty or staff of the school itself. It had been unthinkable that they'd try such a stunt and it brought back those horrific memories from her latter years at primary when she'd been assaulted and nearly...

"I remember," Lori said, her voice soft. "And hopefully that won't happen again this year. I know Sam won't let it happen nor will Kurt actually." She remembered how angry it had made the Slytherin that such men would want to tarnish the House after so many had worked so hard to redeem it. "And you know I won't either. No one will."

Lori then followed James lead and gestures that they had to head back to the castle even though both hardly wanted to.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Soon, James was standing and then leading Lorelai out onto the terrace of the hotel room. He held and kissed her passionately for several long minutes, the night sky a canopy of stars for them. He wanted the last few minutes of their rendezvous that night to be special, to remind her that the next on was not that far away. He caressed her back and face, as well as her lovely ass and breasts slightly to remind her that he was looking forward to the next time. He then smiled, a hint of sadness at the fact that they would now spend time that night hiding from all but those who really knew them that they were in love and lovers. He nodded to her, letting her know that she could leave first or he could, but he was lingering as the terrace doors magically shut on their own for them. They would even have time to shower and get cleaned up more if they chose, but he knew that this was only a beginning and a farewell for now from being together, in no way a goodbye.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Lorelai knew that the evening between she and James as a couple was ending and that they'd have to go back to the castle separately now. She didn't want to, but it was a must now... like it or not. She nuzzled close to him, wanting to make their final moments linger just a bit longer and she relished the care he took to reassure her. He kissed her so passionately and possessively, making it clear how much he loved her and longed for the next 'time'. He touched her, held her. Everything was just perfect even if it meant the end of an evening, but hardly an end in the true sense of the word.

Giving James one last kiss, Lorelai ran out, not looking back. She knew if she did, she'd have a harder time leaving him. Moving quickly, trying to clear her mind and focusing on her friends to help ease the pain of departure, she left the inn and apparated to the castle. Once there, she quickly made her way to the Ravenclaw dorms.

((Time merger! ~~ Game Time: Leaves the Hogsdale Inn and enters the castle unnoticed... meets up with Alice and friends and goes to the mixer...))

Back
Top Bottom