Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Link's Legacy (RP for me and Kolath)

She registered the princess's words and knew she was right, but she couldn't just stop and give in to him.

"No...I can't let him win" She said "There has to be a way".

This was only a set back, there was a way to beat him. Her father had, why couldn't she...someone had to know another way.

"I'm not going to give up" She said spurring Epona forward "I'll kill him...Princess...take the reigns".

â??Miraâ?¦no you canâ??tâ? that was all that Lyina could say before she was forced to take the reigns as Mira did what ever it was she thought she could. Lyina first had been shocked that the arrow had glowed with light, but that had only shocked her more when it didnâ??t work. Even against Gannon light arrows should have worked, they were some of the only things that did work against him. if some how Gannon had become so powerful as to be immune to Light arrows, then would even the master sword work on him?

Mira didn't have the option of using the master sword like her father had, he'd returned it to the temple of time once he'd vanished.

"Get somewhere safe once I dismount" Mira said as Epona closed in on Gannon "I don't want you caught in the crossfire".

Drawing her sword she raised up onto Epona's saddle and leapt over her head. Going into a roll she regained her momentum and charged Gannon not sure what good it'd do, but she wouldn't quit just because of his size.

"You're mine big boy" She said as she ran up his tail in the hopes of at least getting a good whack at his head.

The giant looked over his shoulder at the little girl rushing at him and laughed deeply before swinging hard with his fist that didnâ??t hold Zelda and knock the girl off her feet.

Lyina was off Epona just as fast as Mira told her to be but that wasnâ??t fast enough to miss what happened to the would be hero. She dropped to the ground and then rushed to the hero. â??Mira are you ok?â?

She'd tried to block the blow with her sword but with such force the blade practically shattered. As the fist collided the rest of the way with her body bringing several metal shards with it she cried out in pain. The next thing she knew air was rushing past her as she descended to the ground.

"No...dad...why couldn't I even make a dent" She said softly before her backed slammed into the ground causing her to bounce once.

She knew for certain she wouldn't be able to move at the moment but at least she was concious.

"Lyina..." She groaned softly "Damn...I guess...I'm not strong enouh".

She tried to laugh but ended up coughing and sputtering.

"Aw hell..." She sighed "I'm fine...just get me to one of the spirit springs".

She'd seen the miracles those had worked on her father's injuries and even Epona's, the spiritual power in them was tremendous.

Lyina shook her head slowly, â??Heros.â? With a sharp whistle of three notes that Lyina had heard most of her life since Malon had still be delivering milk to the castle. Epona came rushing over to them and Lyina helped Mira up onto Eponaâ??s back before she climbed up herself.

Taking one last look over her shoulder, Lyina saw her mother in the hand of Gannon. She was awake now and it was like time froze. Zelda looked down at the two girls, â??Run!â? And Lyina kicked Epona into a full gallop leaving the life and world she knew behind her in the hands of the greatest enemy that Hyrule had ever faced.

Mira grasped the reigns and wrapped thenm around her arm despite the pain. Hyrule was lost, there was no way she could beat this thing especially not without a sword.

"Thank you..." She mumbled once she was on the horse.

Looking up at the creature she gritted her teeth this couldn't be the end. As they galloped off on Epona's back she looked to Zelda and saw she was awake. She lowered her head in shame at her weakness before looking back up at the queen.

"This isn't the end" She said afraid of raising her voice higher "We'll come back for you Majesty...I promise".

While she was still concious she directed Lyina to the spring in Faron Woods. It was the only one she knew of that was pretty well protected.

Lyina set out for the spring that Mira suggested rushing as fast as she could. Even with Epona the trip would take some time. She sighed and slipped her arms around Miraâ??s waist as the rode to make sure that she didnâ??t fall off. â??What are we going to do Mira? the castle has been taken and all the army with itâ?¦and if light arrows no longer work on Gannon...will the master sword even work?â? she nuzzled into the other girls back whimpering softly scared of what would happen to them.

Mira understood Lyina's fears she had them as well, but that didn't mean that they should give up on hope. Her father had beaten Ganon before but could she do the same.

"I do not know what we'll do now" She said softly "But we can't just give in...".

She was trying to keep from passing out on the trip to the spring so she could keep Lyina calm. This wouldn't be easy for her to handle, losing everything she'd known for her entire life.

"Lyina...we'll find a way...Ganon won't have this kingdom for long" She added.

The trip wasn't short in fact it was nightfall before they even made it into the Ordon Province. Mira was slipping in and out of conciousness by the time the entrance to Faron woods could be seen. The spring wasn't far from their position and as soon as Epona rode into the water Mira released the reigns and let herself slip into the shallow pool.

Lyina had rode in silence most of the way before the reached the pool. She slipped off Eponaâ??s back and gently drew Mira to the shore. Lyina sat on the shore with the heroâ??s head in her lap letting the girlâ??s body float in the water. She sighed deeply gently brushing back Miraâ??s hair from her face. there had been so much that had happened in such a short timeâ?¦it was all Lyina could do right now not to start crying from shock.

She felt an instant warmth course through her veins as the spirit spring's power began to heal her slowly. Then the feel of being drug to the shore.

"Lyina" She said soflty opening her eyes "I'm sorry...I wasn't strong enough..."

Tears filled her eyes as she looked up at the one thing left of the kingdom she needed to protect.

"I promised to protect the kingdom like my father did..." She told Lyina closing her eyes "I failed on the first day...".

It was then that she finally slipped out of her concious state and into a deep sleep.

Lyina brushed The poor girlâ??s hair trying to shush her before she passed out. Sighing deeply Lyina just held her head in her lap brushing her hair. It wasnâ??t till about an hour later when Mira was looking much better that Lyina slipped from the shore and started to put up a small shelter. It took some doing and the axe in Eponaâ??s saddle bags helped a lot. She finished enough just in time as rain started to fall. Lyina pulled Mira under the shelter before she also dropped to the ground exhausted and passed out. The sky let forth large drops of rain almost as though the world itself cried at the loss of Hyrule.

The rain was still falling by the time that Mira woke up. She sat up and looked over to where Lyina lay sleeping and sighed softly. A feeling of loss and pain washed over her so she stood and left the shelther. The rain didn't bother her as she walked over to Epona and patted her side.

"What would father have done" She asked the horse knowing there wouldn't be an answer.

The spirits of the springs had helped him figure things out years ago but she'd never seen so much as a flash of light from any of them.

"Well first I have to get a new sword...I can't fight with just my fists" She said with a light shrug.

Lyina slept fitfully for a long time. Finally sitting up not being able to force herself to sleep more at this point. She sighed looking over at Mira standing there in the rain. Slowly Lyina got up and walked over to Mira, she placed her hands on the taller girlâ??s shoulders, â??Mira please come back out of the rain, the last thing we need right now is you getting sick.â? Her small hand slipped into Miraâ??s slowly wanting to pull her toward the shelter she had made. She was scared, not that Mira would get sick, but that Mira would leave her either by dying or by just walking away. Lyina couldnâ??t handle someone else leaving right now.

She looked at Lyina feeling her touch. Things were so confusing right now and she knew that she needed to be strong.

"Alright" She said going back to the shelter with her "I was just worried about Epona...".

Once they were back in the shelter she grabbed her hair and began to squeeze the water out of it. The worry in Lyina's eyes caught her attention and she wondered what the next step would be.

"I have somewhat of a plan" She said to Lyina "Ordon Village isn't too far from here when the rain stops we'll go...we might be able to figure out what to do next".

Lyina moved back to the shelter and settled down next to the warrior watching as she spoke of the plan she had. Lyina rather suddenly wrapped her arms around Mira and pressed her face into her breasts starting to sob hard and uncontrollably. Everything was just coming down on her at once and she needed someone to hold her and tell her it would be alright even if it wasnâ??t sure that it was going to be. She sobbed hard into Miraâ??s breasts not caring how it looked right now or how she had been acting to the warrior right now she just needed to be close to someone.

((Sorry for taking so long...major computer trouble >.>))
Mira's face softened when Lyina hugged her and started crying, it was something she'd expected to happen alot sooner than it did.

"Shh...its okay" She said softly putting her arms around Lyina "We'll figure something out princess".

Lyina wasn't a warrior, she'd never been in situations like this befre. Mira hadn't either but she had to be strong for both of their sakes. This was too much though, she couldn't ask the princess to help her save the kingdom the girl had just lost everything she knew.

"Just let it all out" She said rubbing her back not sure what else to say to her.

Mira had never had to comfort someone else before and it was difficult to find comforting words to say.

Lyina whimpered softly against the warriorâ??s chest all the emotion everything that was clouding her mind. Finally she nuzzled against the other girls breasts lightly before lifting her head to look up into Miraâ??s eyes. Her own eyes were red with crying but they were clear as a bell right now. She looked up into the warriors eyes and leaned up pressing her soft lips against Mira letting her eyes close as she held tight to the warriorâ??s shirt kissing her softly.

Mira was taken aback when Lyina kissed her and considered pulling away. It wasn't proper for her to let the princess of Hyrule do this but something told her to respond in kind. She pulled Lyina closer gently deepening the kiss this felt so right at the moment.

"Lyina" She breathed pulling back for air after a few moments.

She looked at her and smiled not sure what to do now. This was a very delicate moment and she didn't want to ruin things.

Lyina looked into Miraâ??s eyes as she pulled away and once again snuggled into the other girls chest. She just needed to be close to someone right now and the only person there was Mira. â??Hold me Miraâ?¦I justâ?¦just..â? she started to cry softly again the emotion still pouring out of her even with that kiss. There was just so much to let out that she needed time and closeness.

"Its okay Lyina" She said softly not sure what had kept her from pulling away "I won't push you away".

She held her tighter knowing that she couldn't leave her somewhere...even if it was safer. Lyina's emotional state could become even more unstable if she was alone.

"Don't worry I won't leave you either" She said softly and gave a reassuring smile "You're not alone in this...I promise".

Lyina shook her head lightly and looked up at Mira the tears pouring from her eyes ones of anger now. â??I need more then that Miraâ?¦I need you to help me reclaim my birthright. Promise me that neither of us will stop fighting till we take Hyrule back!â? she wasnâ??t going to sit on the side lines being a skilled archer and knew that she could help.

"That goes without saying" Mira replied witih a smile "Hyrule isn't going to be Ganon's hands forever...and neither will your mother".

She could see the determination in Lyina's eyes and knew she wouldn't be able to sit back while everyone else was in danger. Mira wouldn't either she'd sworn to protect Hyrule and she as going to keep her promise.

"I swore fealty to your mother and through her...you" She added "And I swear that you will get your kingdom back...even at the cost of my life".

Lyina pulled back from Mira at that and looked her square in the eyes. â??Donâ??t you dare say that ever again Mira, I wonâ??t let you do that. You are never to give your life for me or my kingdom. if you are going to do something that will take your life we will just find another way to do it. you are not allowed to die do you hear me?â? Lyina was holding back tears again at the mere thought of it and she wouldnâ??t let it happen no matter what.

She was taken aback by the princess remark but smiled and nodded.

"Of course Princess" She said then noticed that the rain had stopped "Princess...its time we went to Ordon Village".

She would give her life to save the kingdom, death was nothing she'd ever feared. Standing up she held a hand out to the princess and smiled.

"Come on...we'll get some dry clothes while we're there" She said they were both pretty soaked from the storm "Epona...its time to go".

The horse trotted over and neighed happily, it seemed that she missed Ordon too.

Back
Top Bottom