Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Link's Legacy (RP for me and Kolath)

Arella18

Star
A hot noonday sun stood high in the sky bathing the land of Hyrule with its rays. The land had been filled with the stories of the Great Hero Link who had banished the Realm of Twilight from Hyrule. Then turned around and defeated the tyrant Gannon, the entire kingdom owed a debt to the great hero. Especially the now Queen Zelda, and her daughter (insert character name). Things were completely different now with the everlasting peace that had pervaded their lives.

It was at this moment that a young woman was going toward the castle on horseback. Deep sapphire blue eyes gazed the horizon as she wiped the sweat dripping down her brow. The long blonde hair, which usually fanned out behind her, was bound in a loose ponytail.

“Come on Epona…we’re almost there,” She said softly patting her neck “I’ll find you a nice cool stable okay”.

Despite how many layers of clothing she wore, the heat did not bother her at all. The sword and shield strapped across her back were another matter. It was so much cooler back home but she would just have to bear it. Spurring Epona forward she moved her into a gallop toward the castle town knowing she would have to rest Epona before she did anything else.

Princess Lyina walked through the market in castle town. She looked over things slowly just taking in the atmosphere of the market as a whole. She work a long white summer cloak that helped to keep her cool, it draped over her long flowing dress. Her long copper red hair was done up in the crown that all princessâ?? of Hyrule wore. It often annoyed her she would much prefer to just let it hang down her back loose or in a loose braid.

Her bright emerald green eyes sparkled as she looked over the finery at the market. There were silks and beautiful gems from high in the mountains. But despite everything that caught her eyes it was always the bowers that got her most attention. In almost every way she was a normal girl loving pretty things and fine dresses, only her love of archery set her apart from the other girls of court.

Lyina was one of the best shots in all of the kingdom, she could split a sapling at a hundred yards. She always loved to spend her time looking over anything knew that the bowers had developed no matter how simple it seemed. That was where she was standing now talking over a new method of fletching arrows that she had read about.

((Augh I forgot my characters name *slaps forehead* geeze >.>))
Mira soon came to the town and pulled back on Epona's reigns. She reared back but stopped and slowed her descent.

"Well...I'm glad I brought you," She said slipping out of the saddle "It would have taken days by foot".

Gripping her reigns, she led Epona into the town glancing around. Thankfully, there were some stables right beside the entrance and she went inside to get Epona taken care of. Unfortunately, it had taken the rest of her rupees to get the horse taken care of.

"Aw man...why people don’t drop more rupees I'll never know" She sighed as her stomach began rumbling "I hope I can get some food when I meet the queen".

It was then that she remembered her mission but she did not want to go straight to the palace. The town was large and new, she had never been to a place this grand...the thought of exploring it excited her.

Lyina smiled and waved goodbye to her friends thanking them for a beautiful time and great advice. She was holding a arrow shaft in her hand that was half fletched and slowly working a strong thin cord around it.

She wasnâ??t paying any attention where she was going and was almost bouncing along on the balls of her feet feeling so happy. She turned looked over her shoulder and waving at someone who had called out to her. at that moment she ran into someone and the impact was enough to knock her onto her round royal ass. â??Damn it, watch where you are going why donâ??t you!!?â? she yelled at the person she had run into.

She was so busy looking around the city that she hadn't seen the young woman walking towards her either. It was magnificent, grand even, and she loved it completely. That was until she bumped into someone that she probably she be more polite to.

"Ow...damnit...you little..." She growled down at the girl "Watch where you're going ditz".

It had just been a split second reaction and she knew she should have been nicer. Then again another person's carelessness kind of ticked her off. At that moment she noticed the stares she got but shrugged them off. She had no clue she'd just called the princess a ditz. If she knew she would have been more respectful.

Lyian growled as the strangely dressed girl called her a ditz. The truth was had Lyina had any idea who she was talking to she would have been more respectful. If there was anyone that the royalty showed respect too it was the hero and his family.

She growled standing slowly seeing that the arrow shaft she had been working on was now broken. Throwing it down to the ground in frustration she glared at the girl â??You stupid bitch do you have any idea what you have done? Or who I am?â?

"I don't give a rats ass who you are" She said angrily "If you're sad about the damn arrow just get more, useless things anyway".

She had a hand on her hip really getting annoyed by this stupid girl, it just made today more annoying.

"If you're done impeding people...why don't you just go home..." She added "Stupid girl".

She then noticed people had started to gather and were whispering about them so she decided it was time to leave.

"I'm out of here...I have better things to do than fight with you" She said and pushed past her.

She went down the street not caring if the girl yelled after her or not.

Lyina growled as the other girl walked away. Shaking in anger she brushed off her skirt and cloak cursing softly. â??Bitch.â? She then headed back toward the castle because her dress was completely ruined from that run in with the strangely dressed girl.

Combing her hair out of the headdress she sighed laying back on her bed looking up at the ceiling. Why was it that she couldnâ??t get the face of that girl out of her mind, there was just something about it that kept coming back.

Mira soon tired of the city and made her way to the castle. It was strange but she couldn't that girl out of her head, her mind told her that the girl had looked like someone she'd seen a picture of once, then again it could just be coincidence.

"Meh...I probably won't see her again" She said with a soft chuckle as she walked up to the castle gates.

They were open and the guards there nodding off at their posts. If it wasn't for the fact that there was peace in the land she'd be worried. The whole grounds were peaceful as she walked past and went toward the entrance. As she entered the throne room she noted a lovely older woman sitting upon her throne. It had to be Zelda, she'd seen a picture of her when she was younger.

"Your majesty" She said as she walked toward the throne before kneeling "It is an honor to meet you".

Her appearance to the legendary hero Link might earn her plenty of extra points with the queen.

Zelda had been sitting in open court that would allow anyone with any problem or anything else to just come and speak to her. as the young woman walked in Zelda looked up and gasped seeing the familiar garb of Link but this was a girl. She inclined her head slightly to the new comer and sent word that her daughter was to join them in the throne room now. â??Thank you, who are you? And why do you wear that garb of our hero?â?

"This garb was given to me by the hero Link...before his death" She said remorse crossing her face "But...it is not the reason I came here...".

She drew her sword and held it flat in her palms as she knelt.

"Your Royal Majesty Queen Zelda of Hyrule" She said her head bowed "I humbly ask that you allow me to swear fealty to you...as a guardian of your Kingdom".

She only dared raise her head after several moments, she was afraid of being turned away. This was her only chance to carry on the great heroes legacy.

As Zelda was told about Linkâ??s death she gasped slightly and covered her mouth tears coming to her eyes. Her feelings for Link, that had never been acted on, rose to the surface. She had assumed Link had died at some point but just hearing hurt so much that she couldnâ??t speak for some time.

Finally she cleared her throat and wiped a tear from her eye sighing softly. â??Before I can answer you request warrior I believe you will need to answer my other question. Who are you?â? she stood slowly walking over to the girl looking down at her as she knelt there not sure what to think of her.

"My apologies Majesty" She said softly "I am Mira...of the Ordon Province".

She had lived in the woods alone with him but it was still in the Ordon Province. It was torture waiting for the reply but it mattered not to time. She was determined to protect this country even if it cost her life.

"If I can be so bold...I was trained by him...I am just as skilled as he was" She said softly "I know that I can protect your kingdom".

She knew that there was peace in the kingdom but she wouldn't falter, there was still a chance that the evils of the past would return.

Zelda looked a little skeptical at her assertion that she had been trained by Link. There was nothing that Zelda could think of that would make Link train anyoneâ?¦except. She reached down lifting the girlâ??s chin looking into her eyes. â??Oh my godâ?¦yourâ?¦youâ??re his daughter arenâ??t you?â? She couldnâ??t believe it, it was almost too good to believe, but it also hurt because meant that Link had married someone other then her.

She almost jumped back feeling Zelda touch her chin it wasn't something she expected. When she spoke it made her look at the ground. She was proud of her father but it wasn't something she wanted to advertise.

"Yes...I am his daughter majesty" She said softly "But it is something I would rather not have spread through the kingdom".

She could see the hurt in Zelda's eyes when she looked up at her. It hadn't been off when she guessed that they'd loved each other. Then again it made sense her father had risked his life in the service of the queen before her.

"Majesty...if I could say one thing...my father did love you" She said not sure if it would make her feel better "He loved my mother...but I could tell he had more love for you...I do not know why he married another...but I am sure his reasons had nothing to do with hurting you".

Zelda choked back her tears and nodded slowly. â??I know Miraâ?¦it had nothing to do with hurting me, he had only the good of the kingdom in his heart at all times.â? Her eyes closed and she covered her mouth clearly trying to get control of her emotions, â??no matter what it meant giving upâ? she whispered softly.

Pushing back a strand of hair that had fallen over her shoulder she looked down at Mira. â??Mira, apprentice of the hero of Hyrule I will gladly accept your service in the name of the Hyrule people.â? She took the sword and pressed it to first one shoulder and then the other lightly. â??Rise protector of Hyrule.â?

It was at that moment that pirncess Lyina walked into the throne room. She stopped cold in her tracks staring at the girl that her mother was knighting. â??What they hell!? Whyâ?¦what are you doing here?â?

"Thank you Majesyt" She said softly standing and gently taking her sword "I will not dishonor this kingdom in my service to you".

Sheathing her sword she looked over at the familiar voice and sighed softly.

"Are you stalking me just so you can bug me" She said.

She was so annoyed by this girl's presence that she didn't put two and two together about her.

"What are you even doing here...shouldn't you be running into other people" She asked.

Then she noticed Queen Zelda laughing and turned toward her.

"Why are you laughing Majesty" She asked confused.

Zelda couldnâ??t hardly contain herself as she watched the two start right into a argument. It was almost fitting since Zelda knew that her daughterâ??s closest friends were the ones she started arguing with right from the beginning.

â??What am I doing here? what do you think you are doing her!?â? Lyina marched right up to the newly knighted heroin and placed her hands on the girlâ??s shoulders pushing her back roughly. â??And it was you that ran into me not me into you. I still expect a apology for that. How dare you insult me like you did and then have the gull to show up here in my home.â?

Zelda didnâ??t need to say anything Lyina had made it clear already who she was just how long would it take Mira to put it together.

How dare you..." She snapped as the girl pushed her "You ran...into...".

A look of shock came of Mira's face as she realized who the girl was then she paled. She'd insulted the princess, the child of the woman she'd just sworn fealty to. Dropping to one knee she needed to redeem herself, this was an unforgivable offense.

"Higness...I am sorry for my rude actions, if I had known you were the princess I would not have acted so impertinently" She said softly then turned to Zelda "Majesty I deeply beg forgiveness for not only insulting your daughter but through her you as well".

She knew she wasn't in the wrong to be angry but there were some things you just did not say to royalty. Calling a princess a ditz was one of them.

Lyina smirked and folded her arms across her chest nodding at the girl that was now learning her place. What happened next took her completely by surprise.

Zelda came over and grabbed Lyinaâ??s ear giving her a hard swat on her round ass for how she acted. â??You young lady have better learn your place.â? She was speaking to her daughter still holding her by the ear. â??Please Mira you have not insulted me just said what I have been wanting to for awhile to my daughter. I hereby give you permission to treat Lyina however you want. If she needs her ass kicked feel free to do it.â? she pushed Lyina toward Mira hard enough to make the princess drop to one knee.

Lyina was rubbing her ear and whimpering softly, it had been awhile since her mother had treated her like that. Lyina sighed knowing what her mother wanted. â??Iâ?¦Iâ?¦Iâ??m sorry I said those things to you, and that I ran into you.â?

It caught Mira by surprise too, she'd never expected Zelda to take her side. Zelda giving her permission to kick her daughter's ass was something she had to suppress laughter for, not because she'd enjoy it but it was ridiculous thought to even want to harm the princess whom she had also sworn to protect through her vow of Fealty.

"I accept your apology Princess Lyina" She said softly holding a hand out for her "Though now I believe we both were in the wrong".

It wasn't a cop out more of a sign of respect toward the princess. She didn't want there to be bad blood between her and this girl. It wouldn't be a very good situation if Lyina was working to get her thrown out of the kingdom.

"Majesty...if I might...would it be possible for my horse to be housed in the palace stables" She asked softly "Epona is currently in the town's stables but I fear I do not have enough Rupees to keep her in there for more than a night".

Lyina looked up at her and slowly stood taking her hand looking into the girls eyes. It irked Lyina that it was clear this girl was able to be the bigger woman and admit both being wrong just for saving face. Lyina stepped back wanting to get out of the situation as fast as possible, though as she stood there her hand where it had touched Mira was burning slightly. Not a bad burn, but more a pleasant slow warmth that wouldnâ??t go away.

Zelda squealed and clapped her hands in a very on queenly fashion at the name of Epona. â??She is still alive then? I have missed that horse almost as much as I missed yourâ?¦.master.â? Zelda had stopped herself just before saying father. â??Captain go bring that dear horse to our stables and chamberlain see that chambers are made up for Mira near Lyinaâ??s and mine.â?

Mira's hand had the same tingling warmth but she ignored and smiled at Zelda's enthusiasm about Epona.

"Of course...father took great care of her...and the Spirit Springs have helped keep her spry as a yearling" She said proudly.

She mouthed the words 'thank you' when Zelda didn't say father. Then turned to the princess wondering what she was thinking. It wasn't something she normally thought about but the warmth in her hand was still there.

"I appreciate your hospitality Majesty" She said with a low bow to Zelda "Epona will appreciate it as well...".

She wondered if Lyina would be happy having her nearby but then it was as Zelda ordered and nothing would make her disobey her Queen's order.

Zelda shook her head slowly. â??Only what I can do for someone so special to our Link.â? She smiled and slipped an arm around Miraâ??s shoulders. â??Come it is time for dinner and I want you to eat with me and Lyina you can tell us about Link and how he is doing.â? She began to lead them both through the hallways to the dining hall.

Lyina followed feeling a little jealous of how much attention her mother was paying the new girl but considering that she was close to Link it didnâ??t surprise her she knew that her mother still loved the hero even after all these years.

Mira wasn't sure how to react to Zelda treating her so familiar. Then again dinner sounded wonderful and her stomach growled at the thought of a full meal.

"Sorry..." She blushed hearing it "I haven't eaten a complete meal in days...".

When Zelda mentioned Link she bit her lip not sure what to say. Her father had been dead for awhile but it still hurt thinking about him.

"Master Link...he is dead" She said softly "If there is a paradise after death he is certainly there".

She knew she'd told Zelda before but she did not go further into the subject. This was sensitive for her and she knew that it could send her back to where she was the day he died.

Back
Top Bottom