Jugger x Sippie

"Do you think it was headed the same place we are?" Zoey had so many questions, and she doubted that Nathan could truly answer them all. It still felt good to use him as a sounding board. She looked over her shoulder at the bus and the gruesome pile of dead Infected, bodies, and limbs all swimming in a sea of putrid blood. "This life is definitely not for the queasy." Zoey murmured.

Nathan shook his head. "I doubt it was. I bet it was just a bunch of survivors holing up together before someone decided to hide that they got infected." He said, shaking his head. "Fucking hate people like that...Thats how I lost some good friends who were with me when we first got into this mess." He murmured as he looked to her. "Zo...Do you think there's a chance we will survive this?"

Zoey chewed her lip as she thought about the right words to say. She could lie for his peace of mind, but to what end. Zoey doubted that he was looking to her to ease his mind. "I think there is a chance that we'll survive this." She looked down at him and ran her fingers through her hair, then looked back over her shoulder to the carnage caused by the crash and the resulting horde invasion. "I just think that chance is very slim."

"Meh..." He murmured. "Oh...and another theory....Maybe the bus got overrun or something. Maybe the passengers were all uninfected, but these bastards managed to get onto the bus and board it. That could also be another way....I mean, a speeding bus is loud as hell...I'm definitely sure it would attract attention. Don't you think?"

"Yeah." Zoey mused. "I don't think where they came from is as important as where they were going. Couldn't have been speeding to nowhere. That just doesn't make sense." Once again, her gaze was drawn back to the nearly totaled bus. "Think we might find any clues in there?"

"In here? Bah look around. There's nothing but decaying corpses and such now after we shot the horde down. Just make sure none of these assholes get back up while I massage my leg...maybe if I can loosen the muscles it'll heal faster or something..." He murmured as he began to massage his ankle. It hurt so much and would cause him to limp if he walked on it in his condition then.

Zoey got up and slowly walked over to the blood and guts covered bus, stepping over Infected and human bodies alike. She covered her mouth and nose with the hem of her shirt, taking her breath in shallow sips as she entered the bus. She searched the debris covered aisles and ripped, blood soaked seats as quickly as she could without skipping over a single detail. She found nothing.

She was about to give up and exit the bus through the back door when something reflecting light caught her eye. Zoey bent to pick up the thing and, after wiping away the blood, saw that it was a male New York state identification card. Zoey looked around for anything else, found nothing, and darted off the bus, taking a deep breath of fresh air as soon as she could.

"Nathan, look." She panted, plopping down on the ground beside him and holding the dirty laminate in her hand.

"Damn...New York? They came a long way...or rather this person did." He frowned. "Too bad the long road ended in death." He said with a shrug. "Alright Zo...I think I can walk now...Are you ready to go...?"

(Sorry for the short post T__T Rushing to post before I go.)

"It really is too bad." She murmured, shaking her head. Sometimes, even if only for a nanosecond, she felt like giving up. Like everything she'd done to keep herself and the people around her alive was ultimately for nothing. Staring at the wrecked bus, she thought about how quickly gargantuan effort could be thrown away. Fuck.

Zoey snapped herself out of her melancholy thoughts as Nathan spoke. She'd come to far to become somber now. "Yeah. Here, let me help..." She said, jumping to her feet, then turning to Nathan to render aid in his standing and walking away from the massacre.

"Thanks Zo..." Nathan murmured as he stood up and leaned against the wall of the bus, clutching his leg. "Okay...I'm good to go...cramp's gone...so to say haha." He smiled to her gently and picked up his shotgun to reload it. "Okay...We can't wait any longer...The last thing we need is for some of them to come and find us gawking around here..." He climbed out of the bus and looked around. Nothing that was aiming to kill them. "Okay...Come on Zo. Its safe...Lets go find a safe house and get some rest..."

Back
Top Bottom