Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales: Adventure 3 OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarak Tales: The Sins of the Past

This is the OOC thread for the next Tarak adventure. I’m collecting up characters, whose stats I’ll post below for easy reference (we’ve been public with our sheets in previous adventures, it seems a useful trait to keep).

This game deals with the Tarak game world. Previous adventures were the Terror Down Below shakedown adventure (and its OOC thread) and the Into the Unknown adventure (and its OOC thread). All those links ought to keep any newcomer busy, and also help existing PCs reference what they need to reference.

This adventure will be more self-contained, staying largely in the city, unless the PCs themselves decide they want or need to step outside the walls for any reason. As such, feel free to refer to the Tarak description pages a great deal, and remember: it’s all tunnels and chambers, immense artificial cave structures with occasional shafts where you get balconies and walkways. I always picture the Shafts like an immense multi-floor center space at the mall, where people are moving about on all levels, and that’s the biggest open spaces in the Warrens. Everything else is basically tunnels that look varying levels of hallway, and chambers hollowed out to be apartments and stores and shrines and such off the tunnels.

Even if the inside is a tavern, or an office, or a bedroom, or workshop, it’s all caves. So you’ve got to rethink things like “windows” and “trapdoors” because they’ll operate differently in that sort of environment. Not saying they’re impossible; you can have a window from your apartment out into the passageway on either side, and there’s a few places that have two-story public chambers (like neighborhood “squares” or the like), but it preserves the sense of place when you remember it’s not buildings you’re dealing with, there’s very few open spaces or sky or any of that unless you’re rich and living up on the top. It kind of feels a little claustrophobic to our modern eyes, but they’ve been generations living here, and like any city dwellers, they’re used to it.

That’s one of the unique things about this setting, and I just wanted to say a few words about it to help put everyone in the same frame of mind. That way we all run into less cognitive dissonance with each other.

Random corollary note: I just realized I'd described the whole Vendall Valley region as having brightly colored rock strata, much like the Grand Canyon or thereabouts. Which means, since the Warrens is all in the body of the column, that the very stone walls of Tarak have colored strata. If you knew the city well enough, and you woke up at some random spot, with no memory of where you sere, you could look at the walls and at least tell where you were vertically, how close to the Sun Levels or how close to the Mines you were. I find that an interesting thing to think about.

Not sure what else to put here, as we’re just gearing up at the moment. I’ll update any necessary links shortly, if they’re not updated already; feel free to PM me as necessary.

Shall we do Mouseketeer Roll Call? We have 2, we could use a 3rd. I.I. never got back to me, so it's open. Suggestions?

As the senior player of Tarak (on Blue Moon), I nominate Dudeguy. If he wants to play.

I.I? As in my ice queen? If were speaking in terms of Miss IcyIvy, i can talk with her assuming you would like to continue working on her specs. She IS just a quick phone call away.

Omerta said:
I.I? As in my ice queen? If were speaking in terms of Miss IcyIvy, i can talk with her assuming you would like to continue working on her specs. She IS just a quick phone call away.
Was someone by the name Ivy Insane. She posted only once, but it was in the last OOC thread, asking to join the game. By the ancient rules of "called it," I had to kind of offer her the slot. I'll drop her a line and see if she's still even checking in. Otherwise, I'll check up with Dudeguy. :)

Ivy Ivy Ivy, Yes. Either way, i can speak to her. She's still my ice queen.

I have yet to be prodded. I told her to contact you. My suggestion is, since she's slacking, she has forefit her position?

• I guess, since I've been name dropped here a couple of times, half on and on stalking the thread and the like. . .I should pop in and say that I've accepted and that I'm looking forward to this. I really liked the first two adventures, especially the way that the second one ended. Very, very nice story so far.

Thinking about a character now. . .not quite sure exactly what kind of person I'll be creating though. . .it should be fun.

I know Kite ( Vindictis in the sig, that finally clicked for me. Nice~ ), so this is a hello to those of you I don't know. Just call me Guy.

-salutes-[/list:u]

Excellent! Take a look at the background/rule thread for the basic system and character rules. Feel free to PM me about character ideas or if you have any questions or need explanations. When we get to stats and such, I'll approve your choices, but I won't make your calls for you. There's very few things you HAVE to do, and that largely depends on your choice of job. Guards, for example, are expected to have some basic proficiencies.

Oh, and I should say one thing up front: you shouldn't think up an assassin. There's not that much wetwork in Tarak, and there's already more than enough part-time professionals hanging around for that. So, with the exception of an assassin, knock yourself out as far as character concept.

• Read over the background/rule/information thing earlier this morning after getting your first PM.
    I must commend you on the depth in which you've developed things. Truly awesome.

I was actually thinking about a brawler type character. Noticed there aren't any brawlers. Or archers. Or warriors. . .
    But I'm definitely thinking brawler. Never been much of a D&D type person so. . .I may need a little help/direction in the area of stats but otherwise just need a little more time to think about a character. I kind of have an idea but. . .I want to mull over it just a little more before I devote myself to any one thing. Do need to think about a job for my character too.[/list:u]

• Glad to be invited. I really liked the first two adventures that have already played out. And the world is interesting.

Forming idea's for my character now. Need to start coming up with some more stuff and start laying down some solid info now. Should be done. . .fairly soon too. If not tonight definitely tomorrow.[/list:u]

Our cast of characters!

Kohdeki Schwendai aka Dark Black-Adder (Kite) – Male Human Thief. Move: 10. Hero Points: 1. Character Points: 0.

Climbing Kit (grappling hook, pitons, rope), Enchanted Lockpicks (+1D to open locks), Enchanted Throwing Knives (2, +2D accuracy, STR+2D), Knife (STR+1), Gemlight – with cover, Goggles of Night (grant darkvision), Locksmithing Tools, Ring-knives (for cutting straps/strings), Short Sword (STR+2), Stealth Cloak (+3D to Sneak), Trapmaking Tools, Traveling Ring (needs no sustenance or water, endures environmental heat and cold, needs only 2 hours sleep), Water Flask, Weatherproofed cloak and boots, Incidentals. Miniscule amount of savings.

Dexterity 4D
-Melee Parry 5D
-Pickpocket 6D
-Thrown Weapons 5D+2

Knowledge 2D
-Streetwise 3D
-Value 4D

Mechanical 2D
-Magic Item Operation 2D+1

Perception 4D
-Bargain 5D
-Hide 6D
-Persuasion 5D
-Sneak 6D

Strength 3D
-Acrobatics 5D

Technical 3D
-Locksmithing 4D
-Trapmaking 4D

gorgeousbishi6um.jpg

Erin Garrett (DudeGuy) – Female Human Lay Cleric. Move: 10. Hero Points: 1. Character Points: 5.

Enchanted Gloves (protect hands from ALL damage, +2D Brawling damage), Food Bowl, Gemlight – with cover, Healer's Salves (4), Healer's Wand (keyed to Erin's touch), Utility Knife (STR+1), Water Flask, Weatherproofed cloak and boots, Incidentals.

Dexterity: 3D
-Clerical Parry - 5D (7D vs untrained, does Melee Parry)
-Dodge - 5D
-Melee Weapons - 5D
-Running - 4D

Knowledge: 3D
-Intimidation - 4D
-Languages - 4D

Mechanical: 2D

Perception: 3D
-Investigation - 5D
-Persuasion - 4D

Strength: 4D
-Acrobatics - 6D
-Clerical Peacekeeping - 6D (8D vs untrained)

Technical: 3D
-Medicine - 4D

ziNOF.jpg

Sheya Lorrainne (Omerta) – Female Human Alchemist/Inventor. Move: 10. Hero Points: 1. Character Points: 5.

Alchemical Laboratory (portable), Alchemical Supplies, Enchanting Tools, Gemlight – with cover, Locksmithing Tools, Machining Tools, PARDIS Pack and Cases, Smithing Tools, Traveling Ring (needs no sustenance or water, endures environmental heat and cold, needs only 2 hours sleep), Weatherproofed cloak and boots, Incidentals.

Dexterity 3D
-Dodge 4D
-Melee Weapons 4D

Knowledge 4D
-Scholar: Alchemy 5D
-Scholar: Engineering 5D
-Scholar: Natural Science 5D
-Streetwise 5D
-Survival 5D

Mechanical 2D
-Magic Item Operation 3D

Perception 3D
-Bargain 4D
-Hide 4D
-Sneak 4D

Strength 2D
-Brawling 3D

Technical 4D
-Alchemy 5D
-Engineering 5D
-Locksmithing 5D
-Machining 5D
-Smithing 5D

Orange_Creamsicle_by_chexm1x.jpg
[/quote]​

These are the Player Characters currently involved in this particular adventure. They already know each other, and have, at minimum, a good working friendship; any interpersonal enhancement of that is up to the individual players.

Game on!

• Hello Omerta!

And sweet. We got a start. Shall we start discussing matters then?
    I'm sure my fight happy cleric is none too happy with the situation.
    This most certainly has her grounded at the shrine where she's working.
    [/list:u]

Both those pics are friggin' haaaaaaaawt.

But enough of that! ONWARD TO GLORY!!! and riches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom