Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pantsless Pirates [IC]

"We should visit'm after this, but right noo we dinnae 'ave the ability ta safely transport this lot." Helena said. "They'd be a danger ta the crew on the 'Ighwind if nothin' else."
With that, she made her way over to the non-amalgam crewmember they'd captured. She straddled him, and held her dagger to his throat with one hand. After a moment, she balled the other into a fist and decked him in the face.

"Rise'n shine ya cunt. Now ya listen ta me right close. Ya scream, ah'll cut yer tongue oot, understand? Ye'll be answerin' me questions ohr ah'll hang ye fer the mast. How many ah yer mates ahr below?" As she spoke, Helena kept her fist balled, ready to punch him again if he tried to scream.

Intimidation: 16 on the d20, +8 for a 24
[/SPOLER]

You can see the thought of resisting and screaming anyway flash through his mind. He very quickly decides that it's in his best interest to listen to Helena.

"There's a dozen of us total," he says, "not counting the amalgams. I don't know who was supposed to be on watch right now."

A little more questioning gets you that there are two other crewmembers who were already up. They're belowdecks, and were playing cards when he left. There are no other mages or anyone else who can control the amalgams.

"Right, if 'e can control'em this gives us a chance. Let's get 'im tied up 'n see what we can do about 'is mates below." Helena said, tying the mage's hands first and foremost. "Cheer up lad, ah know people who'd pay good money fer this sort'a treatment." She said with a grin.

"While we're gettin' all friendly like.. care ta tell me the mood ah the crew? See ah'm wonderin' if it's worth takin' them alive or if they'll be too much trouble. Shall we kill yer friends while they sleep eh? Hope they're dreamin' somethin' pleasant." Helena said, still grinning as she went to tie his legs.

Persuasion to hopefully get the mood of the crew out of him (feel free to swap for intimidation)
10 on the d20, +11 is my persuasion mod, so 21

And sleight of hand for how well he's tied up.
5 on the d20 :(
sleight of hand mod is +10, so 15 total.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
"Ah, yes… you just work here. You work with amalgamations. You do not object to the treatment of kindred to become these soulless husks. Soldiers love to excuse their actions with 'just following orders'."

The lizardfolk opined, the sarcasm dripping from his words like the ethereal, illusory drool from his maw whenever the rage overtook him.

Instead of further interacting with the enemy crewmate, however, the lizardkin drew his sword and returned to the amalgams, these fellow kindred that had found a Fate Worse Than Death.

And gave them peace, swinging his sword to cut through their spine and neck in one fell swoop. One at a time, Zahn went, attempting to decapitate the amalgams that had been chained on deck.

Their bodies are tougher than you're used to, but with them unresisting, it's still short work.

Joy grimaces and turns her head away from the amalgams. She understands the necessity of Zahn's actions, but she doesn't want to see it.

Instead, she turns to Helena. "Then only nine of the crew remain, yes? Two are distracted and the others are asleep. Should we rush the below decks?"

"Nine ta four are nae the worst odds... but if we can thin 'em down before gettin' in ta a pro'er foight ah reckon we'll be in be'er shape." Helena said, pondering. "Two awake'n playin' cards should be first. If t'others are asleep they won't be able ta put up as much o'ae foight." she concluded. Then turned to their prisoner.

"Wha's the fastest way ta the card table fer 'ere?" she asked.

He gives directions to where he last saw them.

I'd recommend some Dexterity (Stealth) checks to minimize risk. Anyone who plans on being sneaky, roll it in advance.

Rolled an 18, with a +10 for a total of 28.

Also would like to give bardic insp or help action to whoever needs it.. Which to me seems like either Joy or Zahn.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
After mercy-killing the amalgams, Zahn came back to the person they had interrogated and roughly grabbed him by the shirt, whipping his blade up, letting it glide near the captive's face; the movement served the purpose of cleaning the blood off with the fabric of the sailor's clothes.

Then, the lizardkin stopped holding him up and gave him a little shove, tipping him over his bound leg and letting him fall back onto the wooden deck painfully.

It was obvious that the barbarian greatly disdained the sailor for sitting back and letting the hegemon or whoever worked for the hegemon and had orchestrated the amalgam's situation, as they did whatever they liked unopposed.

After that, Zahn followed Helena as quickly and possibly quietly, trying to take the card-playing sailors by surprise!

I got a 16 on the stealth roll, so a 21 in total.

Joy uses the Bardic Inspiration, since Zahn isn't using it, for a total of...

Dexterity (Stealth) with Bardic Inspiration: 3 + 2 + 4 = 9 😢

Joy nearly blows your cover, but with help from Helena and Zahn, she's able to keep quiet long enough for the two card-playing sailors to stop paying attention.

If you WANT to play this out, we can. But with surprise and them not being ready for battle... I'd be fine just narrating past your defeat of these two mooks.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
The pirates quickly knocked the two card-playing sailors out, before moving on: Zahn and Helena naturally helped Joy to creep through the ship and it wasn't too bad a situation thanks to the rather stormy weather outside.

They left the sailors tied up and continued to the rest of the crew, to take them captive as well so they could proceed with the next step in their plan.

If the sailors did not wake and give the pirate group a hard time, Zahn would finish tying up the last of them and then turn to his companions: "Now that we have them captive, we proceed: one of us must keep guard on the prisoners, but the others must go and turn the ship to ram it into one of the other two vessels that patrol nearby."

Joy crosses her arms and thinks. "I can guard them...but I think I'd make a poor guard by myself. I'm best when I can serve another. Some of my magic can guide the winds as well, which may help us turn and direct the ship."

With the crew of this ship well under control, and the amalgams sent to their final rest, you've accomplished all you need to.

The Highwind approaches carefully, but when you hail your home ship down, she speeds up and tethers to the vessel you've commandeered.

Captain Sasha sends enough over to man it, while bringing the prisoners aboard the Highwind. "Might be useful as a bargaining tool-depends how much the Hegemony likes their crew, I suppose. I trust it wasn't too hard?"

The rain continues to come down, with flashes of lightning and booms of thunder filling the air.

Helena watched the Highwind pull against them, and once it was in range, she tossed over a mooring rope, then got to helping make sure the two ships didn't dash each other to matchsticks. When the captain came over, Helena was utterly soaked through, her chest only hidded by the bra under her shirt, and smiling from ear to ear.

"T'was bloody perfect cap'n!" She reported, clearly ecstatic despite the grim circumstances. "Nae cunt 'ad a chance against us. Didne' ken we were comin' until we were a'ready on deck. Unfortunate about the amalgams but there was nae way ta control 'em. Per'aps we can think ae a plan fer the ones on the other two ships." She said, recounting the important details of their assault.

As they spoke, Helena lightly stroked the handrail of the captured watchship, feeling the rain soaked wood under her skin. Once she was done reporting to Sasha, the redhead stood a moment, thinking before eyeing her captain again.
"Ah'd be tempted ta take 'er as a prize, but she's too big fer a woman alone ta 'andle..." Helena said, gesturing to the ship.

"We'll see if she survives the next hour," Sasha replies. "I'd hate to ram with the Highwind, but I've no such love for that one."

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
"Helena, Joy and Nanbako are powerful: no chance for these freshwater sailors."

Zahn boasted, with a hissing laugh punctuating his words, as he followed the good captain aboard the Highwind, eyes on the prisoners until the rest of the crew had brought them out of sight.

"I take care of the sails, the rigging and any other heavy weights that needs to be dealt with: who is going to steer the ship until we crash into the other?"

"If ye think ahm missin' a chance ta ram the 'edgemony's own ship up their arse.." Helena said, looking to Zahn. "Oh it'll be bleedin' glorious. Ahm ready when ye are."

Zahn leads the manning of the sails, with the help of the Highwind's crew. As you draw nearer to where the other ship is, your crew starts to disembark, hopping back to the Highwind until only Zahn and Helena remain.

The Hegemony ship is visible now, and through the sheets of water you can see them go from confused to panicked. Helena and Zahn crash the ship in, knocking the crew of the rammed ship to the decks while they, knowing it was coming and being more skilled in general, stand proud.

With the ramming a success, the crew of the Highwind throws grappling hooks and brings the damaged vessel closer, climbing across and attacking them.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
Zahn was near the bow pulpit, sword in hand, ready to jump off the commandeered ship in order to jump on deck of the enemy.

As soon as contact was made, the lizardkin hissed in satisfaction as his feet pounded the wood of the deck below, before he leapt onto the targeted vessel, in order to join combat. As he was mid-leap, he let his rage off the leash and drew a javelin that he would use if he couldn't stab or slash someone with the arming sword in his right hand.

Back
Top Bottom