Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Voyages of the Nibelungen OOC

It think it might vary depending on context. Walkuria might have her own personal heraldry that that is a slight variation on the Sinmara coat of arms so people branded with that mark are tied to her personally, while the regular coat of arms might be tied to the throne rather than directly to her sister. Of course having a personalized mark might convey different perks and expectations.

For the void clans I think it might be that they're tied to the Nibelungen itself and so to whoever it's captain is. The ship is their home and if it were to be captured it's unlikely a semi-reasonable person would wipe out the crew who know all of it's weird tics and tricks.

So the scribe would have a mark that says "I belong to the Captain of The Nibelungen" whoever that might be, while Walkuria's consorts have a mark that ties them to her specifically. That's my thought anyway.

Walkuria's personal heraldry might actually change to represent that she is now the captain.

And at some point she might call up the various clan leaders and independent oath bonded to renew their vows to her specifically.

Almost all of that is exactly what I myself was thinking. It would make a lot more sense for the crew to be bonded to the ship rather than to any specific captain. I can also see Walküria wanting to change that and bind them to her personally perhaps as a measure to not only solidify her authority over them but also to perhaps avoid her twin sister to remove them from the ship by royal decree, at least after tales of her exploits reach back to Utgard.

Also. I was thinking that since you specified Sigrid as a human slave perhaps she too is the result of a Jötunn/Human union who was not fortunate to be born Jötunn. Perhaps she is even the result of Uncle Ymir having had sex with one of his human crew members.

I've also been thinking that the Jötunn would not consider this human offspring of theirs as their children since they are not Jötunn. Just an idea that popped into my head that perhaps Hrafnir could actually be an offspring of Walküria but without any taboo attached to it since Hrafnir was not born Jötunn.

Oh I had another idea concerning Jotuns. Perhaps they , like humans are capable of breeding with a variety of other species. However unlike most other pairings the offspring do not get half and half mix, instead there is a chance that you will get a pure Jotun but a much greater chance that the child will take after the non Jotun parent.

If so Walkuria may well have some illegitimate cousins aboard though as non-Jotuns of course they could never inherit or possibly even be acknowledged.

Also. I was thinking that since you specified Sigrid as a human slave perhaps she too is the result of a Jötunn/Human union who was not fortunate to be born Jötunn. Perhaps she is even the result of Uncle Ymir having had sex with one of his human crew members.

I've also been thinking that the Jötunn would not consider this human offspring of theirs as their children since they are not Jötunn. Just an idea that popped into my head that perhaps Hrafnir could actually be an offspring of Walküria but without any taboo attached to it since Hrafnir was not born Jötunn.
Glad we’re on the same page!

though as non-Jotuns of course they could never inherit

They could perhaps attempt mutiny though. Perhaps Hrafnir fancies herself sitting on that very throne, the captain's chair of The Nibelungen, one day.

To some extent perhaps but when it comes to them pleasuring Walküria then perhaps not.

I think it could after we have begun to establish the story.
Yeah we still have cast introductions to do. Leaving the dock, finding a mission. Mutiny can come later.

I'm thinking that Sindra would actually be one of the females that had actually been part of the Bridge Crew even under Ymir and as I stated in the character profile, despite her young age, a skilled navigator and pilot.

So what more do we need for the Bridge crew?
We have ...
Captain (of course)
First Officer/Chief Engineer (Talas)
Navigator/Pilot (Sindra)
And I suppose also
Chief Medical Officer (Ralkaa)

Do we for instance need a specific communications officer and/or a science officer (The latter I feel is superfluous as The Nibelungen is basically a war ship rather than an exploration ship.)

With Talss as Engineer, and those others covered I was thinking the scribe could handle communication and being the quartermaster unless you banish them to the lower decks.

Apart from that I was thinking a security or marine commander.

the scribe could handle communication and being the quartermaster unless you banish them to the lower decks.

Sure. Walküria dismissed the scribe without banishment but then just moments later basically gave her to Talas to do with as she wish.

As for a security officer that makes sense but it would be someone Walküria herself has appointed, much the same way she appointed Talas Chief Engineer/First Officer. I'll see if I can find a good face claim and put up a character profile some time later tonight or tomorrow.

So I posted for Talas, I love how this is coming together. I don't seem to be getting proper notices of posts on this OOC thread, but I'm caught up now.

Planted some not so subtle seeds for Talas' interests and a bit more of her perspective on her new ship and its culture.

I had half expected Talas to politely refuse Walküria's offer on the basis that Sigrid is a slave though I am pleasantly surprised.

It also seems our Andorian first officer has taken an interest in Sindra and I can't help but wonder just what sort of interest. I for one would be more than happy to have things turn erotic between the two. I might even consider that The Disir are a very sensual species with liberal views on monogamy, gender and sexual orientation. Perhaps (if you like the idea) they are also hermaphrodites.

I meant for Talas' interest to be in the scribe, not Sigrid. She would likely look at the situation more as a fraternization with the crew, which I'm playing as a bit more relaxed in Andorian culture (whether that is canonically true or not). It is probably more a tease, than she would actively treat her as a slave sexually or even professionally.

Very interested in erotic RP with Sindra and am open to a gender fluid species.

I meant for Talas' interest to be in the scribe, not Sigrid.

That was quite clear but the offer made by Walküria was Sigrid becoming Talas' to do with as she wished. The yet unnamed scribe is not a slave however and thus not really Walküria's to give away, as she is oath bonded to the ship not to Walküria personally. So by the time I do reply Walküria's answer will be that Talas is of course at liberty to approach the scribe as she wishes but that in the end it is up to the scribe whether she will submit to Talas or not.

Very interested in erotic RP with Sindra and am open to a gender fluid species.

I had a feeling you would be. I will keep that in mind when writing Sindra's response to Talas' intimacy. As for The Disir being hermaphrodites I am thinking that (and please stop me if this sounds too far out there) like many species their penis is sheathed, however the sheath is inside their vagina so when it does get aroused it literally grows out of their vagina, leaving the labia as petals around it while the testicles (as it would be) remain internal the same way the ovaries are.

I'd like to think Talas has a better understanding of status than I do as a writer. I think her suggestion about the scribe would be in that knowledge. Talas isn't necessarily dominant and looking for submission from those she has a sexual interest in. She doesn't really see the world from the Dom/sub binary, which might be as confusing to the crew as the reverse is for her. Hopefully Walküria's perception isn't so much that Talas is confused, but expressing an interest. She would be somewhat apathetic to Singrid.

I am happy to explore the mechanisms of the Disir in the RP. Talas will have a textbook understanding from the ship's database but will not be intimately familiar of course.

Great. All that was actually quite clear in your post so no worries about Talas having a better understanding of status than you as a writer. You've got it all down as far as I can tell.

Gonna spend some time with my girlfriend now. This living together thing is in many ways awesome but it also comes with a certain amount of expectations and attached strings that I was not quite prepared for. Still though. I do love her to pieces so in the end it is probably a good thing.

I've heard some people enjoy IRL encounters ALMOST as much as a good RP. I don't believe it myself, but that's the rumor.;)

Enjoy!

I will find some way to forgive you for having IRL commitments Bloom, though it will be a struggle.

As for Talas and the scribe we can discus details or leave things as a surprise for you.

Back
Top Bottom