Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

The link I attached to Cordonia above shows its location (based on the geographical description you gave and well, The Rhine is the border between France and Germany and thus would be the border between Cordonia and Germany so that absolutely makes sense.

Bicentennial. 1813. I had wanted Cordonia founded after the French Revolution, so that fits nicely. What's to keep them from still having castles and buildings dating to the early 1600s, 200 years before Cordonia? I wanted Olivia's home in Lythikos to go back that far.

What's to keep them from still having castles and buildings dating to the early 1600s, 200 years before Cordonia? I wanted Olivia's home in Lythikos to go back that far.

Absolutely nothing I'd say. Europe is actually littered with such so feel free to have as many medieval towers and castles as you like. (Within reason of course.)

The same goes for churches and cathedrals. Notre Dame for instance was begun as early as the second half of the 12th century and finished in the first half of the 14th.

I've got a plan, then, for Olivia's continued meeting with Governor Fox. I was kind of hoping Su-Ji could somehow meet Fox before he left the college area. That way she could reach out to Edith to direct Sapphire to the cafe. Just a thought.

Feel like I left something out... It'd only be one line, definitely only a few sentences, if I have Ginger ask Su-Ji to go with her to West Side Roast.

Just a quick heads up: Marko is not one who would usually speak out and make someone aware he was eavesdropping, especially if they are important people discussing things that don't really concern him.

This time around, I excuse his sudden chiming in with concern for a place he generally enjoys eating from/at.

When it comes to dealing with autocratic figures trying to be autocratic in a nation reknowned for its FREEDOM!! he will point out the obvious: the companies operating in Westbrook, who rely on the Airport and the news outlets will lobby hard. The region as well as every other states in the US of A will then browbeat the autocrat and the president for this misstep, because what they are doing is heavily hindering their sweet, sweet PROFIT of Capitalism. It will probably just take a couple of days, maybe less if people in power decide to get other people involved- like the British Broadcasting Channel, the international news outlet that the news outlets in Westbrook would be competing against. Maybe get word to CNN, The Guardian, CNBC and Reuters.

That should put a bee in the autocrats' bonnet, since they tend to hate journalists.

You already pointed out the Governor's point on the media being gagged by having a college student, no less, ask the three a loaded question. Fox or Hennessy (hell, I might have both) would invite his input after that seemingly innocent question of "what happened at the Golden Spoon?" That could be where he tells that great plan of his, which would involve Olivia and her European connections with both TV and papers. That's how BBC and maybe Australia News and the French and Cordonian television outlets get wind of it)

I was kind of hoping Su-Ji could somehow meet Fox before he left the college area.

Any ideas on how and more to the point why? I must have missed something about the governor being on campus and why he was there.

That way she could reach out to Edith to direct Sapphire to the cafe. Just a thought.

How would Su-Ji and Edith know one another?

Not sure on how Su-Ji could, unless by pure chance or invitation from Ginger (which as I said would have been a sentence, two the most if I included it IC); but since Captain Hennessy would have only heard about the situation over the police band, maybe Erin mentioned the cat-girl? Over the police band is my in that the Captain will use when explaining to the governor how she knows and no college student does about the Golden Spoon, citing exactly what Marko stated between the lines. Air Force brass (which a captain is. Low end brass) could have access to the police band when involving local authorities.

As far as how they know each other, the year before, Ginger AND Su-Ji rushed Delta Lambda Pi as freshmen, and got in. Su-Ji, even though she wasn't using her room, would have met all the brothers and sisters, including the seniors, which by IC narrative, Edith was Delta Lambda Pi last year. Her senior year. Besides, if someone Edith or Scoops met at the fratority (like Su-Ji) could give the governor (and even Marko) a first hand witness account of what transpired Monday evening, it could get Fox even more on board with the superheroes than he already is. At this point, he's only on board with the healer (Amaya) who wasn't even at the Golden Spoon.

Captain Hennessy

Just to make sure I got this right, is that Erin's boss?

As far as how they know each other, the year before, Ginger AND Su-Ji rushed Delta Lambda Pi as freshmen, and got in. Su-Ji, even though she wasn't using her room, would have met all the brothers and sisters, including the seniors, which by IC narrative, Edith was Delta Lambda Pi last year.

That makes sense and it actually came to me after asking. Thing was I remembered incorrectly about how long ago it had been since Edith let college.

Captain Hennessy is Air Force, but would be in contact with Captain Fitzpatrick, Erin's boss at WPD District 3. They both would have run-ins, Hennessy most recent, with the Police Commissioner, who is one of of our shadies, who takes HIS orders from the mayor. Fox already hinted at the fact he realizes it wasn't just Hennessy who got manipulated by the mayor, Fitzpatrick's hands are also tied, by HER boss, the Commissioner. That, Schro and Blair are why Fitzpatrick wants Erin to get a team (not a gang, a team) of heroic metas together. She sees the writing on the wall. Hennessy would also see the need for the heroes although hers would be second hand information over the police band.

Remember, both helpful influential attendees at the meeting with Olivia are NPCs that both of you are free to move, meaning State Governor Fox and Air Force Captain Hennessy. All I ask is if they disagree with something, they still show their support for the heroes.

Captain Hennessy is Air Force

Right. I got confused a bit about the rank and the police band.

Anyhow. I was thinking of adding Su-Ji's morning in my next post so if you want to have her have a run in with the governor feel free to add whatever you need for it to happen. Su-Ji is after all the most easily recognisable of the supers, even at a distance.

Lol, agreed. Unfortunately nobody present at the cafe has literally SEEN Su-Ji, except Marko, if he noticed her as a fratority member, just a broad strokes description from Erin, Elizabeth Hennessy would have heard.

I only have until the fourth or it's late, and I have a mark against me. Late fee on rent if I walk in the office on Monday the fifth.

It'd be interesting if she could change Blair's look, especially with the obvious facts that Sapphire (Scoops) wouldn't be very far behind, if not in front of Edith's camera.

I'm interested to hear in the scale of the power. If you remember, I asked about the scale of power for your character that has powers over magnetism similar to Magneto. Because Magneto was an entity that could destroy the planet with his powers.

I remember Stan Lee saying that for his comics, whoever wins in a fight depends on whoever the current writer wants to win in a fight- which is not really something I agree with personally.

Because then you get stuff like this and give the impression that you think the audience is comprised of people with sub-brick intelligence.

I digressed from my point: having a power to disguise oneself in an illusory manner is much less powerful than having a power that allows one to disguise a group of allies including oneself.

Lady Magneto (to Erin and WPD, Cardio to the rest of us) is still feeling out and understanding her powers. The only difference between her and Magneto will really come down to her will, how far is she willing to go to get the job done? Destroying the planet would, regardless, be the farthest thing from her mind. I'm also thinking that yachts or even "super yachts" she be able to halt or lift, but ocean liners, battleships and things that size and heavier she can't, regardless. We could also use the excuse of weight class, those usually are tons heavier (and again tied to her will. The bigger stuff, she'll be afraid she can't, so she won't be able to, she already believes she can't) She'd feel the magnetic metal, but wouldn't be able to stop or move them. I think that would still allow her to stop a passenger jet from crashing. Or stop bad guys from escaping by private plane or jet IF she's nearby (and knows that's the bad guys).

If she uses magnetism to cause an electrical fault explosion on the engines of the jets, they definitely won't take off. Or using magnetism to delete all the programming in the computers and short-circuit fry all the delicate wiring- that should put a damper on the pilot's abilities to fly.

Back
Top Bottom