Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prep and the Outcast

Zero stepped between them. "And why are you here?" he demanded of the older woman. "It'd better be good, I'd believe you're violating the restraining order." he said sharply.

The woman paused when Zero stepped between her and her daughter and she frowned slightly. "I wanted to see my grandson." she said to him and Courtney glared at the woman. "This is not your grandson and you are not his grandmother. His grandmother has passed away." Hearing that made the woman gasp and look from Courtney over to Zero then back.

"You heard my wife." Zero said in a terrible, quiet voice that carried the weight of a threat. "Money won't buy you happiness ma'am and you will not see this child." He said and turned away from her and gently took Courtney's hand. "let's go home my dear, I think it's about time we got lunch" he said, picking up the blanket and pulled it over Courtney's shoulder, blocking the view of teh toddler that was trying to hide.

She looked at the young mother holding the toddler. "Courtney..." she said softly but Courtney just stared blankly at the woman. The news of her daughter being married had hurt the woman alot more then finding out that she was pregnant had. Looking up at Zero as he took her hand, Courtney smiled gently and nodded. "Yes, I believe that you are right." she said. "And then it's time for someones nap." She adjusted her hold on Rion and slipped her feet into her sandles with ease before pulling the blanket around her with her free hand. "Lets go home darling." she said to Zero.

Zero nodded to her and slipped his arm around her waist and headed off with her, walking back toward home. Rion yawned some and was actually dozing against his mom. "Taht's probably going to piss her off for days. she kind of has it coming" he said quietly once they were out of earshot.

Courtney nodded while swallowing softly. "I can't believe her. She dared approach our son and tell us that she wanted to see him after everything that she put us through." she said. "The nerve of that woman. We should call the lawer and tell him that she was violating the restraining order." It was clear that Courtney was upset over what had happened by how red her cheeks were getting and the anger in her eyes, though she made sure to keep quiet so not to disturb their son.

"already on it" he asid clicking open the cellphone and began to dial up a number to their family lawyer and began to talk quietly.

Courtney glanced over at her husband and smiled gently. He was such a wonderful husband and he took such good care of her and Rion. As Zero spoke on the phone, she continued along the path out of the park at his side and they headed towards their home.

He'd explain what hapepned and began to nod some and clicked it closed after a bit as they got home. "He said he'd take care of it immediately We can probably expect either short jail time for her or a measure of restitution. when we got it I made those two conditions for violation. I get to pick at her money or her time."

She looked up at him when he hung up his phone and she nodded with a small smile. "Thank you Zero." she said as they neared their house. "So, what do you want for lunch?" she asked him.

"Hmm how about some soup and sandwiches?" he asked her. "And why thank me? it's the least I can do"

"Because you're always on top of things and making sure that I don't really have to worry about anything. And for everything else you do." she said before nodding with a smile. "I think that sounds good. How about tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches?"

"That sounds perfect." he said. "simple but delicious" he chuckled a bit and nodded. "Well I figure I'm still trying to make up for mistakes in the past."
A couple weeks later, Zero is at work one day having gotten a steady job at an animal shelter, figuring it was his way of giving back to the community andhelping lost animals as well. Working as both a front desk person and a kennel cleaner. Itwas sometimes tedious work but rewarding enough for him oddly; the unconditional affection animals gave was welcome. Leaving Courtney at home with their son, Rion proving a little handful , always trying to 'escape" her by sneaking off while he thinks she's distracted but doesn't leave the house.

Courtney picks up a backet of laundry and carries it upstairs, looking around for Rion with a soft sigh. The boy was always getting into trouble and running off. It made her worry alot because she didn't want him hurting himself. As she started for the bedrooms, she heard a knock and answered it. Just when she doesn't think her mother could stoop any lower, the old woman sinks to a new low. After answering the door, she stares at the woman in a suit as she spoke about what she was there about and why. By the time the woman left after finding the report false, Courtney was red in the face and looked ready to hit someone.

Rion would show up behind her."mommy?" he asked, seeing her scary face.

Hearing Rions voice, Courtney took a deep breath and forced herself to be calm before turning at him and smiling gently. "Yes baby?" she said softly, reaching down to lift him up into her arms.

'Wat wong mommy?" he asked in baby talk, though he was trying.

"It's nothing my little love. Nothing for you to worry about." she said gently. "Mommy and daddy will take care of it."

"yay" He giggled and hugged her, trying to make her feel better.

Laughing softly, she hugged him gently and kissed him on the cheek. "Now, lets go play a game until daddy gets home." she said to him.

Rion giggled and nodded. Zero would be home around his normal time and instantly was in the shower when he did, smelling of animals and poo from cleaning the kennels that day. It was a normal schedule when he hd done that at work

Back
Top Bottom