Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prep and the Outcast

Courtney pouted slightly and stood up slowly, wiping her eyes one last time with a defiant look in her eyes. "I am not sulking." she insisted and she stomped her foot just like when she was a child. "But... you're right. I shouldn't let them see that they've gotten to me." She took a deep breath and sighed before picking up her book bag and purse.

"A soda sounds like a good idea." she said and looked up as she listened to the drizzle hit the metal bleachers. "Lets get inside before it starts to really rain."

Zero nodded to her and looked around at the rain falling. "Rain isn't that big a deal just hurry up." He said and stepped back from her letting it rain on him a bit, weighing his silver hair down into his eyes, making him brush them aside. He'd wait for the moment before the two would get into gear and back into the building itself; entering through a door that nobody used regularly and apparently he knew about to skip classes. "Damn we're both all wet... I guess it'll dry unless you want to sneak into the gym and use the spare towels they have in there." eh shrugged.

She looked up at the falling rain then down at her white blouse. Groaning, she pulled her blazer as tight around her as she could and she nodded slightly. "I'm ready to go when you are." she said to him before following him back towards the school and into the school. By the time they were inside, she was soaked. Her hair clung to her face and her clothing were almost completely soaked through. Sighing, she looked down at herself with a sigh before looking up at him. "Could we sneak into the gym? I really don't like to walk around in a wet uniform. Especially when I'm wearing a white blouse."

Zero sighed some and looked around and kept her out of sight and snuck her into the gym locker room and tossed her a white towel. "You keep a spare set of clothing in your locker? If not, you could strip down and let them dry. I think the backroom has a dryer." he said, blushing faintly but didn't change his expression. He stared at her and hsi eyes lit up with amusement. "though the little runny-nose I knew certainly filled out in all the right places."

Courtney easily caught the towel and began drying her hair. "No, I don't have extra clothing. Though now I wish I did." she grumbled before she heard him say that she could strip down and she looked up sharply to stare at him before she noticed his blush. Shaking her head she began to turn to head for the girls bathroom when she heard his last comment and she looked back at him while blushing brightly. "And it looks like the little boy that used to be shorter them me grew up." she said, looking up at him and arching an eyebrow with a slight smile.

Zero blinked ather when she caught him on the same thing he'd busted her on and actually grinned slightly at her. He'd walk with her over to the door so he could talk to her through the door so she'd know he was still there and not be any surprises. Zero didn't want to admit that he was checked out her butt as she walked away from him and felt a stirring in his groin but ignored it. "Growing up does that." He said to her and shrugged. "You know. I do have an idea how you could get back at your ex... if you want to hear it. It's a bit mean though."

Turning back around, she walked over to the bathroom and entered. She could feel his eyes on her but she didn't turn around as she slipped into the girls locker room. "Indeed it does." she replied to his comment about growing up as she removed her blazer and vest, draping them over the bench in the locker room before removing her white blouse and skirt so she was standing in the locker room in just her knee high socks and underwear. She paused in what she was doing when he said that he had an idea at how to get back at her ex and she looked at the door. "Mean? I don't care if it's mean to him. What he did to me was down right cruel. What's your idea?"

"Well the idea is that when you're straightened up and dried out... why don't you come with me?" he asked and continued to dry his own hair after pulling his jacket off to let the shoulders of it dry out. "Make a few public appearances and rub it in his face that you're already over him by being seen with me." He said. "Afterall, we're still friends right?" he asked.

Courtney became silent as she thought about his plan. She tapped her chin thoughtfully before smiling slightly and moving over to the door, opening it a little to peer out at him though part of her bare shoulder could be seen. "It would piss him off." she said to him with a small smile. "And yes, we're still friends even though we haven't talked in years.... I still consider you a friend." She bit her bottom lip for a moment before saying softly to him. "I've thought about you alot ever since you went away. Always wondered what happened to the kid that always stood up for me, even when I had braces and a retainer in early middle school."

Zero nodded to her and thought about it for a moment, unsurprised? by her confession. Not really, he was surprised that she'd missed him like that; would she if she knew he'd spent time in lockup at the county jail? Maybe it was time to tell her? "Well the boy ran away from home and ended up in county lockup for being homeless and truant." he said to her and sighed some. "I got passed from foster family to family until they all got pissed off with me being anti-social." he said casually. "So I live here on campus as a ward of teh state until the end of the school year."

For a moment, Courtney was completely silent as she thought about what he said before smiling gently at him. Reaching around the door she gently grasped his hand in hers. "I'm sorry about everything you've through." she said softly. "And no I'm not offering you pity, I'm giving you sympathy and compasion. I've always cared for you." Courtney slowly released his hand with one last smile before slipping back into the bathroom to check on her clothing.

He looked at her and perked a brow, surprised again at that nd sighed some, rubbing the back of his head; not used to this. Her clothing wasn't dry just yet but wsa on it's way with how it was hung infront of the heater unit. "I don't quite see why...nobody else in my entire life has cared about me."

Courtney laughed softly and shook her head a little with a small smile. "The reason why I care about you is because you were the only person there for me when I was little and you were my best and only friend for the longest time." She paused infront of the heaters and just stared down at the large class ring that was wrapped around her finger and she frowned slightly. It belonged to her ex. The year before he had given it to her on their four year anneversary and he had asked her to marry him after they graduated high school. Pulling it off, she moved over to the door and opened it again to look out at Zero. "Hey, what do you think I should do with this?" she asked him, holding out the ring to show him.

Zero blinked again and flushed slightly as she admitted it and rubbed the back of his head, seeming embarrassed by it. He did like her and all but was never good at admitting that kind of thing so he always kept it to himself but when she offered him the ring he looked it over. "It's a cheap one...sterling silver... big gem..." he thought. "I'll take it. Let's hurl it at the back of his head or something." he said. "or you can give it back to him but dropping it in his drink or something."

"We could sell it at a pawn shop and use the money on something else." she said with a grin before disappearing back into the bathroom to check on her clothing yet again. She had to be careful or else her uniform would shrink. She picked up her blouse and ran her fingers over the fabric. It was mostly dry except for around the hem. Sighing, she slipped it on and buttoned it up. The shirt went past her hips and hid her panties so she felt it was safe for Zero to see her. "You can come into the locker room." she called to him as she sat down on the bench with a towel over her lap.

He pushed the door open and walked inside and looked over at her and perked a brow and flushed again and went and sat down, grunting a bit at the way the denim of the pants was biting into something uncomfortably. "That would work too. But do you know which period he has now?" he asked and thought about it. "come to think about it, I don't remember where I'm supposed to be today either." he said and actually grinned at her in a small way. She was the only one who'd ever see him make that expression and it looked like his face might crack if he went any larger with it.

She looked up at him with a small smile and she brushed her hair from her face. "Umm, well I think that he's in lunch right now." she told him. Courtney noticed his grin and it made her smile a little wider and she chuckled softly. "He orders the same thing every day for lunch...." The girl trailed off and feel into silence as she thought to herself before looking up at Zero. "I never told you what he did."

He shifted and watched her for a moment again, listening to what she was saying about what had happened. When she seemed to go down again, he reached over and brushed her hair out of her eyes and perked a brow at her. His blue eyes were just as cold as they always were but still she could see the caring for her he had. "what'd he do? Anything I need to kick his ass over?"

Courtney gazed up into Zero's eyes for a moment before looking down at her lap with a soft sigh. "Roger... the star quarter back of the foot ball team, has been my boyfriend for the past five years." she said softly. "I had told him over and over that I wanted to wait to sleep with him until I felt it was the right time. But it never happened. For years he had told me that he loved me and would always be loyal. Last year he asked me to marry him and he gave me his class ring." She motioned to the ring that Zero still had in his hand and she ran her finger over the tan line around her finger where the ring once sat. "But today I found out that he's been sleeping with my best friend for the past five months."

He listened to her story and nodded in understanding to her once she finished. He understood that kind of pain well, but had never experienced it himself and he knew just how to deal with it oddly. "Well then..." Zero said and inhaled deepely and thought about it for a moment. "Then he just wasn't good enough for you now was he? I bet he just kept going because he wanted to get up your skirt." he said and paused, feeling a ripple of anger run through him for a moment at that thought. That someone could victimize his friend like that. "Let's get him back for it, when your clothes dry out, we'll go out there together and rub it in his face." he said and ruffled her hair gently. "but we'll need some lines to really tweak him. what should we use?" he asked and thought about it.

"maybe we could tell him we were out in the rain going at it like forbidden lovers.' He teased her lightly, not really expecting her to along with it.

She gently bit her bottom lip before shaking her head slightly. "You're right I suppose." she said to him. "I should of broke up with him when I felt things were beginning to go down hill. I just... I just didn't want to have such a change in my life." Courtney sighed and ran her fingers through her hair and she looked up at him. When he ruffled her damp hair, she giggled and grinned. She fell silent and began thinking about what they could use against her ex to get back at him for what he's done. Courtney's eyebrows shot up after hearing his suggestion and she looked thoughtful. "You know... that's not a bad idea. I mean, it would really, really piss him off."

Zero blinked and practically fell off the bench in surprise and straightened himself up and looked at her again. Ok that was NOT expected of her. But in retrospect it was a good way to rile Roger up and kick him in the balls in terms of ego at the same time. so it would probably work quite well, but it stirred up Zero's own desire for her and made him swell a bit more below the belt. But in a moment he'd force it into remission so she wouldn't notice him stiffening for her. "Well then got anything you want me to say or you that you want to say that you know will cheese him off and crush his ego's tiny balls?"

Courtney softly laughed and covered her mouth as she gazed at him in amusement as she turned slightly in her seat and she smiled up at him with a light blush. The girl slowly lowered her hands into her lap and sighed happily before she shrugged slightly in responce to his question. "I'm not sure. Why don't we just wing it? Usually the best responces come when you bring them up on the spot." she told him. "I can't wait to see his face when he sees us together."

"If you say so, you're right though." Zero shrugged to her and watched out of the corner of his eye for a second longer while they waited for her clothes to fully dry. He'd stand up and go check on them for her, his mind flooding with all sorts of thoughts as he did and blinked and pulled them away from the heater. "Hey they're dry." he said and tossed them to her. "a bit stiff but they're dry enough, let's hurry up before lunch is over." He said.

She caught the clothing and smiled at him. "Thanks." she said before standing up, the towel falling from her lap and giving him a momentary glimpse of her panties before she started to dress. She quickly pulled her skirt on and zipped it up before pulling on her vest and the tie that they were required to wear. Once she was dressed she slipped her feet into her shoes and she picked up her blazer. "Lets go. I'm starting to get hungry." she said with a laugh. Her dark reddish brown hair was still wet but it was beginning to dry.

Back
Top Bottom