Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prep and the Outcast

"Then let's go get something to eat." He said and offered her an arm. "Let's go together I'm getting kind of hungry too, let's hope they aren't serving ground up gym-mats for lunch again." Zero said, actually making a joke on the food quality of the school itself. He'd walk with her out to the cafeteria arm in arm with her and whispering "sweet nothings" to her. "I didn't think you were that wild my dear." he said, glancing over at Roger.

Courtney grinned and slipped her arm through his, one of her hands resting higher on Zero's arm. She began softly laughing at his joke and she shook her head with a smile. "It most likely is." she said to him as they approach the cafeteria. The girl could feel his breath against her ear and neck and it made her shiver with a sharp intake of breath. She blushed at his remark and she glanced up at him with a small smile. "Are you sure? I hope I didn't hurt you too bad when I accidentally scratched your back." she said. She could see Roger sitting with his new girlfriend and he was staring at them, his face turning red with anger.

"Hn! He smirked a bit as they approached Roger's table as if they didn't see him there. "I don't mind if I have a few scratches if you're the one putting them there." he said to her and boldly grabbed her butt to make his point, knowing she'd play along. He'd walk past Roger and his new girlfriend and winked for a moment as if he knew who he was. "You just have to love a woman that lives to see you naked..." He said and whispered to Courtney again, keeping it low. "Heh look at how red his face is..." Z said as they continued on, watching to see Roger's response.

Courtney began giggling and she blushed a little before he grabbed her butt, making her yelp softly in surprise before blushing even brighter with another giggle as she playfully swatted at Zero's arm. As they passed Roger and his girlfriend, Courtney smirked slightly before looking up at Zero. "Well all girls would love to see their men naked if all the men in the world looked like you." she said before glancing at Roger. "Shame they don't." Just after they moved past Rogers table, she nodded in respose to Zero's words and she pulled him to a stop. "Watch this." she whispered to him before walking back towards Roger who was beet red. "Oh, Roger. You can have this back. I won't be needing such a cheep piece of metal. I found something better." she said and she dropped the ring into his food. "See you around."

Roger looked absolutely furious with her at all of this and quickly stood up and went to grab her shoulder as if she was his property. "Now listen here you little slut..." He said in a growl. "You'd rather go with some nobody than me?" He demanded and went to grab her harder but stumbled back as Zero put a shiner on his face. "Hands off my woman swine." Zero said and the two glared at each other for a moment before people around them began to chant: "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Roger got up as if he as going to do just that onto to get slugged by Zero again and promptly kicked across the table, making him land on his back and a plate of spaghetti fell on his face.

"The new hair style suits those shiners Roger, stay like that and away from her." Zero said and winked to Courtney before sweeping her off her feet and cradled her in his arms against his chest, making a few other girls swoon at the gesture. And even Roger's new toy whispered a bit at that a few mutterings of: "Whatta guy." "wish someone would do that for me." "Guess roger's not the hotshot anymore."

"Man whatta pansy..." his new girlfriend said and threw the ring back at him that he gave her. "I'm going to look for someone better." she huffed and walked off.

Zero listened for a moment as she exited the cafeteria, still carrying her. "Looks like it worked." he said, not realizing he hadn't set her down.

Courtney gasped when Roger grabbed her and she looked up at him. His grip was tight and it hurt her small shoulder and she glared up at him. "I'd rather be with him then a cheating piece of trash then you!" she spat. After Zero hit Roger, she quickly moved off to the side and rubbed her shoulder. The girl would never tell him, but deep down she liked hearing Zero say that she was his woman. When she heard everyone chanting, she looked around with a small frown and she looked back at Roger and Zero, gently biting her bottom lip.

She stepped backwards when Roger was slugged a second time and she placed a hand over her mouth as she giggled at the sight of the usually pristen and polished foot ball player covered in spaghetti. Shaking her head, Courtney rubbed her shoulder once more before she was suddenly swept off her feet and she gasped, instinctively wrapping her arms around Zero's neck and laying her head down against his shoulder and neck.

As she was held against his chest, Courtney slowly lifted her head a little and the tip of her nose brushed against his cheek. "Yes, it did." she whispered to him. "Thank you Zero."

Zero blushed looking at her again and blinked a few times, lookin ginto her blue eyes for a second. And almost on impulse he pulled her up and kissed her rather heatedly on the lips and held her for a moment before releasing it. He'd set her on her feet again after a moment and smirked slightly. "You know..." He said and looked around. "That was fun." He said, not wanting to admit that he liked calling her "his". "Comeon, I'll walk with you to your next class...unless you want me to carry you." he joked.

She gazed up into his eyes with a small smile until he pulled her up into a heated kiss. For a moment she remained motionless with wide eyes but then she slowly closed her eyes and relaxed in his arms again with a gentle sigh as she kissed him back. Once the kiss was broken, she opened her eyes again and looked up at him as she was set on her feet once more.

"Yeah, it was fun." she said softly as she attempted to smooth out her wrinkled skirt without much luck. Courtney looked up at him again and she nodded slightly. "I think I'd like that. You walking me to class I mean. If you carried me, someone might think something was wrong with me and I was hurt or something."

"Hmm you're sure you're not still sore?" he nudged her with an elbow gently and winked. "But you do have a point, what's your next class?" Zero asked her and tried to remember his own, actually he probably had the same one, even if he didn't he'd sit in on it and check it out at least right? "And you know...you are a good kisser." he said to her casually.

"Yes, I'm sure." she said with a light blush and a small smile, looking up at him from under her messy bangs as he nudged her. She sighed softly and began to think before replying with, "I have... English class next. In room 186." Courtney was about to lead the way towards her classroom when she heard his comment and she turned to look at him again and she smiled shyly with a slight nod. "You're a good kisser too." she said to him.

He looked at her and shrugged helplessly at that and flushed a bit as they continued on towatd her English class. Ugh he hated that class, it was too boring to listen to the teacher lecture all day on the nuances of crap they wouldn't hear again after school. "You know, I really hate english class, all teh teacher does is lecture the whole damn time." He sighed some as they neared the room. "Maybe we'll get lucky and she shows a movie or something." he said. remembering that he had the same class.

She laughed softly and shook her head in slight amusement as they walked side by side. They would be early to class since they just left lunch. "I heard that we have a substitue teacher today so we'll most likely be watching a movie depending on which teacher we have." she said to him. She was really hoping for a movie or something like that because she wanted to take a short nap.

Inside there would be nobody else in there and he'd take up a seat in the back, since there weren't assigned seats and leaned back some. He liked being in the back so nobody else would see him there and he could just blend into the crowd as he watched and listened to the lecture. "Why not sit down next to me?" he asked her as he nodded to the seat of the two-person desk he was at.

After entering the empty classroom, Courtney looked around while wondering where she should sit. She didn't want to sit in the seat that she usually sat in because she usually sat with Roger on one side of her and her ex-best friend on the other. She smiled at Zero's suggestion and she nodded before moving to the back of the class and she sat her small book bag beneath the table and set her purse down on the desk before sitting down next to him with a soft yawn.

He nodded to her and scooted his chair close to hers and let her lean on him to rest if she wanted. "You can just lean on me if you're tired. I mean all that does take some energy to do and we didn't really eat anything for lunch." he said with a small shrug. "Other than Roger's ego and reputation." he said and waited. Soon the class would begin with the students filtering in and the sub putting on a movie to just distract them while they didn't even have a lesson prepared, apparently a last-minute subsitute, the lights went out to let everyone see it.

She looked over at him as he moved closer and she smiled before shifting in her chair and she laid her head down on his shoulder with one of her hands resting on his chest. Yawning again, she closed her eyes and listened to the movie as well as Zero's heartbeat. "Thank you Zero." she murmured to him.

"I didn't do too much.." He said to her and blinked a bit and hugged her gently to make her comfortable and ruffled her hair gently. "It'll be good day I think, depends if the movie is any good. What were your plans for after school?" he asked her quietly.

She giggled softly when he ruffled her hair and she smiled gently. "But you did do alot. You helped me get over his betrayal and you helped me realize that I deserve better." she whispered to him so those around them wouldn't hear her. Courtney becomes quiet a moment later as she listened to the movie before looking up at him as he spoke again. "Oh... I'm probably going to head home and change before getting something to eat and just watch tv or something like that. You?"

"Hmm probably nothing much past something similar to that." Zero said to her and nodded. "I've always thought you deserved better than Roger." He said to her. "But you seemed happy so I never said anything about it." Zero continued and watched her for a moment. "how about I walk you home? It'd beat going straight back to the shack I live in near the river."

Courtney sighed softly and shook her head slightly even though it was resting on his chest. "I was just lonely. That's one of the main reasons I stayed with him." she said softly before grinning slightly as she slowly reaches down and takes one of his hands into herown, holding it gently. "I think I'd like that." she said in responce to him offering to walk her home.

After a long and extremely boring day, Zero was waiting for her outside of the school, the rain having tapered off and was now just a misty, miserable fog. Alot of people walked past him and a few of the young women from the cafeteria oggling him and giggling. Apparently his daring gesture earlier had made a mark on the people that saw it and rumors going around that some outcast was seeing the queen bee and had kicked the lead quarterback's ass in front of everyone. But he was waiting for one person and leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed and listened for Courtney.

Of course she'd be surrounded by giggling friends that would probably play 20 questions about wha thappened.

Courtney had to part ways with Zero at seventh period so she could go to her art class and the last few periods of the day. Once school was over, she gathered up her things and headed out for the front steps but on her way several of her fellow cheerleaders. They kept asking who Zero was, if they were really lovers, whether or not he had a brother and other such questions. Most of them she just laughed at and shrugged the questions off. As they stepped outside, the girls spotted Zero waiting for her first and began giggling, causing her to look over and smile. "Go on you guy. I'll talk to you later." she said to them before moving over to Zero with a small smile. "Hey, ready to go?" she asked him.

He nodded to her and kept up the show and took her hand and walked off with her letting her point the way. "I suppose I'm the topic of conversation with the cheerleaders now aren't I?" he asked her casually as he did; just letting them see it. He didn't mind that they thought they were together as a couple though; it kept them both out of trouble with the others didn't it? He knew the streets well and just thinking as he walked for a moment and blushed faintly looking at her. "The guys behind you are staring at your ass." he said.

Back
Top Bottom