Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Riff&Covert] Forbidden desires. [Noble/Gypsy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Covert Revulsion

It was a ordinary day like any other. The sun was high in the afternoon sky. Everyone in the town of Thelbath were going about with their daily routines and tasks. The young Lady of the Morreti household was among them. She lived in well off estate, her father a wealthy man that had a business in dyeing clothes and weaving them. The Morreti name was well known and influential in the town of Escabar. Her mother, and two brother's lived within the estate with her.

Trista Morreti was a young woman of precisely seventeen years old. She has a passion for horseback riding, reading, music, and especially dancing. Her hair was a dark brown, her eyes a bright, lovely hazel, her complexion creamy and smooth. In her opinion, she really wasn't fond of dressing up, learning proper ways of women behavior. Why was it needed when a woman of high status was expected to be quiet, obedient, and charming all the while. She tended to avoid any parties, which proved futile since she was expected to attend to find suitable suitors, unless she has fallen ill.

She sighed softly, gazing through the window to the world outside. "Miss, your tea is ready," called a maid politely to the young Lady. She wordlessly nodded, staring off in a deep trance as she thought. Trista wished to see outside, get to know what people did. But it was something she rarely had a chance of doing. She was often barred from leaving the estate. Only her books allowed her to imagine what life was like without being in enclosed in these quarters... It was just a hungry curiosity needing to be satiated.

Yet suddenly, an idea sparked within her thoughts. She journeyed to the first floor, heading in the direction of the laundry room. She found a worn gown to place over her clothes, concealing her identity as a mere servant. Pulling up the hood, she managed to ease out of the estate without being seen. Complete curiosity overwhelmed the young woman, as she passed by stands of the ordinary people. Her bright eyes gazed at several people, despite how unpleasant they were. There were poor people begging, which made her immediately pity them, especially the hungry children.

He cursed quietly in glee in his native tongue, a language which only his kind knew.He was a young lad of seventeen, sure footed and cocky.He had just snatched a ripe red apple from a merchants stand, and was just about ready to dig into it when he felt the cold hands of the city guard grasp him."HEY, PUT ME DOWN!" he shouted, struggling to get out of the grasp of the man.His clothes were worldly and well loved.Well woven cotton pants from one nation, workman's boots from another.He was wearing a loose cotton shirt, a soft maroon colour, clad in a strange ornate pattern, stolen no doubt.The sleeves had been cut off the shirt to reveal nimble, toned arms.He wore a jade green bandana on his head to keep his shoulder length mop of brown hair out of his eyes, the material of the cloth soiled and stained.His ears held thick gauged ear-rings, ornate pieces made of silver.

"Filthy gypsy, you'll learn your lesson for thievery the old fashioned way!" the guard spat.He hauled the young lad to a table, pressing his hand down upon it as he drew his long curved blade."Hmm, which one shall we remove first?" he mused.A sharp cry filled the air as the heavy sword swung down, cutting the pinky clean off the young lands hand."STOP, MERCY, PLEASE!" he cried, though the words went unheeded.His type weren't much liked anyway.

She had wandered about, carefully dropping a few coins to those she deemed enough. Trista continued to wander, admitting the happy expressions on those who found the coins made her content as well. Though as she was about to reach the square, her ears caught the sound of a cry of distress, begging for mercy. Trista's mouth gaped open to see the guard slice down the sword upon the man's hand, her own hand moving over her opened mouth. She was horrified with what was happening, and was well aware she needed to intervene. She ran towards them, immediately putting her arm up. "Please, stop," she insisted, hoping the guard would back off. "Please... I'll pay for it..." she insisted.

The guard was just about to swipe off another finger before he paused and turned."...whats your interest in this petty criminal?" he asked.The gypsy boy was sobbing softly, gazing up to see whom had intervened.It wasn't everyday that someone stopped someone from harming a gypsy.After all, gypsies generally got what they deserved, or so must deemed.

In all honesty, Anna wasn't sure on how she was to respond to this. She was relieved the guard had stopped at least, by why was she interested in such a thief? "I... he is under my watch... please, I pay the apple he had taken," she insisted, fishing into her pocket and hold out several coins, more then what the apple was to cost just so that the guard would hopefully go away.

The guard pondered silently for a moment before he snatched the coins from her hand, chuckling as he shoved the gypsy boy on his ass."Don't let me catch you again boy, next time you won't be so lucky" the guard said, sheathing his sword as he strode away.The gypsy boy snatched up his finger and gazed at her with confusion and frustration in his eyes."Why did you do that?!.I could have handled it!" he said sourly.He was grateful, but his pride was rather injured from being aided by a non gypsy, his folk were rather exclusive.He covered his hand slipped his finger in his pocket, the mother of there caravan could re attach it later.

Anna turned to face him, hesitating slightly. She avoided catching a glimpse of the finger that had been sliced clean off his hand. She glanced away, clearing her throat. Part of her expected to hear a thank you... "you could have handled it enough that your other finger would have been seared off..." she bluntly stated, her eyes remaining on him. "I would have expected a thank you.. Though I suppose that isn't the case."

He sighed softly as he relaxed.He seemed to struggle with the words before he let them out "thank you" he said quietly as he gazed at her."But why help me, I'm a gypsy, I'd rob you blind and not think twice" he said.He chucked in his mind as he spoke to himself "I'd do more than rob you too" he thought with an inner smirk.

Anna smiled faintly, feeling a sudden warmth in her chest at the idea she helped someone. She nodded lightly before shrugging. "Well, in all honestly, I'm not entirely sure... I suppose it's because you stole out of hunger not for money... and because gypsy's are persecuted so. I met a gypsy family once... they were very kind to us so," her voice trailed before she quickly looked away. "I should be going," she mentioned before picking up the apple the guard had dropped. She wiped it with her sleeve before handing it to him.

He shamelessly took a bite of the apple before he spoke."Wait!....where are you going, don't you want to come meet my family?" he asked."It's rather the least I can do to have you for dinner, I'm sure mama will be grateful for lessening her work load, re attaching fingers is shady business" he said with a chuckle.He reached out with his intact hand and took hers, "I won't keep you long, it's not far" he said with a sly smile.He was originally thinking of setting her up for robbery, but the gypsy code forbid it.She had aided him and so she was no longer a viable target for robbery, it was just the way it went.

Anna hesitated, stopping to turn back and gaze at him. She surely should not be leaving to have dinner, she should be returning back to her home before the household noticed her absence. "Well... I... guess I can join you and your family to dinner," she mentioned, rather happy he had invited her to do so. "I will gladly join," she mentioned with a smile, "But... they wouldn't mind, would they?" she asked curiously. She wished to avoid any awkward moments...

He laughed a bit."My family is a bit odd, but they mean well" he said, tugging her along as he proceeded quickly about the back alleys and streets."I'm sure you'll have a grand time, so long as you like music and dancing!" he said with a smile.How he loved the lifestyle of the gypsy, dancing, drinking and pilfering.It was the simplest of ways, stress free and whimsical.

Anna smiled, rather happy she had decided to go. Dancing and music sounded very appealing, she would learn how to dance even further, and perhaps even learn the language of there's. "Oh but of course!" she mentioned excitedly, eagerly following him. Tonight, she would divert being with him and his family, she was sure of that.

He knocked in an extremely precise order on the door before it swung open."Welcome home boy" a merry voice chimed."Oh....you've brought company" the man said in a worried tone."It's okay, I owe her a debt".The man beamed instantly as he chuckled."Do come in then, make yourselves at home" he said, stepping aside to let the duo into the spacious home in the dock quarter of the city.

Anna hesitated, but the man's warm expression made her smile. She certainly did welcome, and walked into the home. She felt quite nervous for some reason, but her expression was merely calm. The home was warm and cozy... welcoming... The sound of talking in gypsy was heard. There appeared a middle aged woman, with a young girl who paused before glancing at the man first, then to the gypsy. "Son... who's your friend?" she asked in a friendly voice, smiling. The young girl, around nine, looked curiously at Anna.

He paused for a moment and scratched his head."Oh...err....well I don't know her name.But I owe her a debt" he said with a nervous laugh."Got caught raiding the fruit stands again...she rather saved my fingers" he said, showing his mother his hand, the stump of where his pinky was had stopped bleeding."I have the finger in my pocket" he said.He was rather straight forward about his ordeals, he had lost a finger and felt it his necessary to show everyone."I sort of have to think of someway to repay her".The man chuckled, patting the boys back as he spoke "Well you certainly picked a charming young lass to be in debt to" he said, nudging his side.

He nudged the man back."Shut up bruno!" he said, his cheeks flushing a bit as the man laughed and strode over to Anna."Please, allow me to take your cloak" he said, slipping it off her shoulders and setting it on the rack.They were rather kind folk for gypsy's, but that was because she'd been kind to them, their philosophies were always "A friend in need is a friend indeed" or "You reap what you sow".

She realized she hadn't introduced herself to either of them, and clearly knew it was impolite not to do so. "Oh, my name is Anna," she informed, a blush tinging her cheeks once the man she presumed to be Bruno, had commented her as to be charming. Anna accepted the removal of her cloak, feeling much better without it on.

"I am Sheba," replied the woman, "Mother of this young man right here," she mentioned, smiling as she pointed to her son. "And this is his sister, Aishe," she informed. The little girl smiled and nodded before quickly running off down the hall. "You are of course welcome, please make yourself at home," she insisted before she headed to the kitchen, pulling out a sowing kit. "C'mere," she said, motioning to her son so she may begin to sow it back on.

He sat down at the table and slipped his finger out of his pocket, setting it down."My name is Sebastien" he said with a smile towards her.Bruno smirked and ruffled the boys hair "Now now, try not to flirt too much" he teased with a laugh and a smile before exiting the room, leaving the young man flustered and blushing again.How annoying of Bruno he thought.

Anna blushed even more, and took liberty to sit down at a chair. "Pleased to meet you, Sebastien," she replied, looking down at her folded hands for a moment.

Sheba gazed at her son's finger, tsking to herself as she sighed. "Sebastien... please do becareful. I can't have ever single one of your limbs being sliced off everytime you go out," she insisted. Taking out the needle and thread, she carefully began to sow his finger back into its place, almost as if it were nothing.

Anna was the slightest horrified that he had it sowed back. Would he be able to move it? She ignored the thought before she cleared her throat, just as Sheba spoke to Anna. "Dear, you wouldn't mind helping me cook would you? Some of the family is coming over to celebrate so I would need some help cooking..."

"Oh, of course I wouldn't mind," she replied, quite eager actually.

He chuckled."Uh oh, go easy on her mama" he said with a smile as she re attached his finger.It didn't really hurt, his body was numbing the area as she stitched it back."I hope your in for a long night Anna, my family parties like animals" he said, which drew a teasing smack on the back of the head from Bruno."Oi...don't tell the whole world now" he said with a smirk.

Anna grinned at him, anticipating the party for tonight. Of course she was nervous on meeting other gypsys... but it would be delightful. "I would enjoy meeting your family," she mentioned, the fact that she would need to return home without being noticed slipping her mind completely.

Sheba stood, shaking her head at her son. "You and Bruno go and get the place ready," she gestured, pointing at the furniture. She kindly wrapped an arm around Anna, guiding her to the kitchen. "I'll teach you some recipes even..." she mentioned with a motherly smile.

As soon as they were out of earshot Bruno chuckled."She's cute, so are you gonna go for it?".Sebastian spluttered on his glass of water as he gazed over."Well...I mean she's nice on the eyes but...she's a Noble bruno, I'm a gypsy.Such things aren't meant to be" he said quietly.The large man just smacked him across the back."BAHHH,Your a good lad, she likes you Seb.I can see it in her eyes" he said teasingly."Shut up and help me move the damn table!" he barked sourly.

Sheba hummed lightly, instructing Anna what to do and such. She followed each instruction, tasting the delicious meal that was being prepared for tonight. She listened to Sheba chatter about herself and her family, of them moving from place to place before finally settling here. Anna mentioned the gypsy family she had met several years ago, and Sheba seemed to recognize them. They made several dishes in the next two hours, and Anna, to her relief, memorized the recipes she was sure to use in the future, or suggest to the cook in their home rather.

It was a couple of hours later they had finished moving the furniture.Sebastian wiped the sweat from his brow, just as the family began to stride in.All sorts began to file in, different skin colours, shapes and sizes, it seemed they had a wide definition of family, as greetings were exchanged, the strangers including Anna in there hugs."Gahh, Aunt gurtrude!" he said, cringing as the woman hugged him snug, burying him in her large bust."oooh Sebasian you were so little the last time I saw you, how you've grown!".

[Lol, Aunt Gurtrude.]

Anne was ever so polite to the family, smiling at them and giving them hellos. Everyone filed in, the music being played by those that played instruments well in the family. Food was distributed, and everyone was already showing content and joy as they spoke to each other. Finding Sebastien, she couldn't help but laugh lightly. "You have a big family," she noted to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom