Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How To Deliver Justice (with KiraMusani

Mr. Handler nodded.
"I'll re-fit and shine my armour and gauntlets up, just in case but I'll hope that you clever ladies can figure out a solution with less blood."

Mrs. Handler collected the papers.
"I will go over these in the meantime and work out a timetable of when their collections started, and who is involved and not, maybe I can figure something out, I'll also make some calls and see if I can gather some more info." She offered.

Clair nodded and grabbed her large bag.
"I made a few ideas for that, as well as a few other things, umm, I kinda didn't sleep last night but keep in mind some of these aren't perfected yet, just like early, early prototypes, so like, they may not work perfectly, also I only could use what I had laying around." She explained as she left the shop with her, to make their way outside of town.

Calla nodded. "As do I, good knight, as do I." She sounded more like the princess than the hero with the tone she used, but didn't catch it. Even if she had, it was said with that inflection, and couldn't be taken back now.

She nodded to Mrs. Handler. "Anything you uncover will go a long way in my investigation, and can only help when I call for the town meeting. Next question is where we can have it, as the normal place, the library, isn't the best of ideas."

She then said to Clair, "I have a friend who lives in the forest nearby. He's quite an archer in his own right, but having been trained by Lady Artemis of Themiscyra... I ended up teaching him a few things. While we're testing, and if we run across Sir Robin of Locksley, perhaps we can talk him into helping out as well... Unfortunately, he just finished dealing with someone just as rotten as Duke Igthorne, so he might be less willing or comfortable to go into battle again so soon."

Once they had gone deep enough, and found a sensible clearing, Avenger stopped walking, holding up her hand. "This looks as good a testing ground as any. You set up, while I scout the perimeter."

Meanwhile, the eyes of the Merry men and women were watching from the trees. Maid Marian herself gave the whippoorwill call to her leader and husband, Avenger's friend, Robin Hood. But would he come, or just observe the two for now?

Mr. Handler nodded catching onto the similarities but didn't say anything about it.

Mrs. Handler took the papers and got to work as they left.

Once they arrived Clair nodded and started getting the things from her bag, she had no clue about their spectators, she had prepared everything by the time the Crimson Avenger returned.

"Okay! So first off the distraction poppers, or whatever, very first, the most simple basic thing I could think of." She pulled out what looked like a marble from a small bag she had.
"Okay, so all you do is throw it, and..." She threw it after a moment a pop, could be heard in the distance where it landed.

"Beyond that I have like, a medium amount of boom, that also propels itself when lit with fire, like the Asian use you mentioned. And finally, the big bang" She pulled out what looked like a tube with a string at the top.
"This will burn down, and at the bottom, it will explode, can be used like... ah!" She walked over to some rocks and placed it in a crack before lighting it and running away, after a few moments, they took to cover, and it exploded, rock fragments going flying everywhere.

Robin hood would meet her, but signal for them to watch what the two were up to before they interacted with them.

Last edited:
When The Crimson Avenger returned, she stopped Clair. "Wait. Before you throw that, let me warn the Merry Men at least." She then screeched like a hawk three times, the warning Robin taught her to give when testing out there. "Okay. Everyone should be alerted to expect something."

Marian leapt from tree branch to tree branch with relative ease, Little John and Allen A Dale hot on her heels. "What the hell is Avenger doing?" Allan asked, keeping his instrument on his back.

"Appears to be testing some kind of gadget... Similar to fireworks. But why?" Marian answered.

"Secluded. We've heard of Duke Igthorne, milady." Little John replied.

Not one of them above a whisper.

Nobody jumped at the pop of the small one, Marian herself blinked askance at the fire and smoke show of the second, but everyone took cover, even the three in the nearby trees with the explosion and rock fragments flying in all directions. Allan A Dale cried out in shock, with a grin on his face, accidentally naming the device. "Dynamite! Did you see that stuff fly?!"

Marian swatted him in the back of the head. "Way to announce our presence, cornball." She huffed as she and Little John, who glared daggers at the minstrel, hopped down.

Friar Tuck gasped out "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" patting his chest, stationed next to Robin.

Calla had been nodding along as she watched what each distraction could do, but frowned slightly at the display of the biggest popper. She looked around at she heard Allan's expression, before seeing two figures detree themselves. A very tall, muscular man and a slender woman not much taller than herself, both dressed in forest green pants and tunic, the man carrying a long stick (bo) and the woman a bow and arrow much like her own.

Avenger nodded to the two, who kept their distance for now, waiting for their leader to approach first. "Dynamite. Hmm. Actually a pretty good name for that last distraction device, but one that should be used only as a last resort, dear Clair. As far as the other two, I think they would make splendid diversions. Now, to name them."

Clair waited as asked then looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
"Wait, Marry Men? I thought they were thieves, but you are friends with them? No matter, if they are friends of yours, I know they can be trusted." She smiled.

Clair jumped at the calling out of Dynamite and turned to look toward the noise, where the Merry crew quickly showed themselves.

Robin looked at all the distraction devices in use, though was worried about the last one until his focus was broken by Allan.

"Very sneaky men" He smirked jumping down with the others.
"Have a new friend there Red? Is she your apprentice, or does she just make your toys?" He asked.
"Little Miss, my name is Robin, Merry Men, why don't you introduce yourselves?" He said with a jaunty tone.

"Little Miss?" Clair raised an eyebrow and positioned herself to be slightly behind the Crimson Avenger.

Marian sidled over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Lady Marian of Locksley nee Fitzwater." She gave a bow before hooking her hands onto Robin's arm.

Giving a sweeping now, the giant of a man answered next, "Little John. That there is Will Scarlet, the old guy in the robe is Friar Tuck. They don't speak much, but when Tuck does, you want to listen. I'm not sure Will speaks at all."

Marian shook her head. "All the time I've spent here, I've not heard him utter a syllable." She admitted. "Our minstrel is still sitting up in the tree, I see."

Calla smiled and shook Robin's hand. "Clair is much like your Will as yes, she's my inventor. We're testing out distraction devices as we plan our moves against our own tyrant, not unlike your Prince John." She cleared her throat uneasily, as she glanced at Marian, the only one who would recognize her as Princess Calla, considering Marian was also high nobility. "How is your uncle-in-law?"

Marian raised her eyebrow. "Surely King Gregor has mentioned King Richard's plan to visit Dunwyn?" She looked pointedly at Calla, who as the princess, should have known already. Robin would need to calm his wife before she gave away the identity only she knew for sure. (Robin suspects, but doesn't act on it. Only Marian would.)

Crimson Avenger chuckled at Clair's question. "Think of it as a term of endearment, Clair." She then turned to Robin. "We're trying to rally Dunwynians and fellow countrymen to take a stand against the tyranny of the Duke of Drekmore. He's oppressing Dunwyn with unfair taxes, against the will of King Gregor, much like what you went through with Nottingham last year, against the will of King Richard."

Marian frowned, and glanced at her husband. "Do we really want to go through that? I mean, we care deeply for Dunwyn, and the townspeople..." She sighed, resolve on her face. "I'll stand with you, Avenger, but only if my husband wills it. We are battle weary as it's only been a few months of peace."

Little John nodded. "Aye. Twas a fierce battle against the Deputy Sheriff of Nottingham and agin Prince John... If it hadn't been for Richard stepping in... Say the word, Robin, and I'd stand with them, too, weariness from the last battle, aside."

Calla nodded. "I'm aware of what you all have been through, and I'm not asking for you to fight the battle for us. Just to stand with us, if you can."

Robin nodded and smiled, shaking her hand.
"Oh, well let's hope she can do more than just blow things up, does not seem your style there love" He smirked and gently elbowed her playfully.

He then turned to Marian.
"Come dear, let's not talk politics with friends, especially when we interrupted their testing session" He added to diverge away from a possible Identity leak.
As the talk of battle came up he thought to himself.
"Though capable, we are no war-torn soldiers, perhaps we can await nearby, and can join if things get desperate."

As the offer came to stand he nodded.
"Aye, we can stand at the least."

Clair meanwhile had more things she wanted to show The Avenger but was not wanting to show these strangers.

"Of course, my love." Marian nodded her head in respect to Robin as both husband and leader of the troop around them.

Calla smirked. "Causing mayhem for villains is in my playbook, as with any true hero, and Clair has proven herself." She said with a teasing push to her friend and fellow hero.

John chuckled. "Aye. I'm now a fan of her Dancing Smoke Screen."

Marian shrugged. "I personally liked the Noise Pellet. Terse and draws attention elsewhere."

Friar Tuck cleared his throat and pointed to his arm as if he had a watch as he looked pointedly at Robin.

"Looks like you guys have business elsewhere, and we really should get back to our testing." Crimson Avenger took the hint from the friar. "I'll let someone know as soon as I do, what we're doing against Igthorne and when." She nodded and bowed again to everyone, before directing her attention back to Clair with a sigh. "So... I'm not the only one not a big fan of the 'dynamite' but it may still be of use, used sparingly. What do you think of the other two names for the smaller distractions?" Calla wasn't going to say she actually liked Marian's name for the marble type distraction, and although truthful, Little John's idea for the medium one needed a little work. Maybe they needed Cassandra to help name them after all.

After Robin and his Merry Men, Women and wife left, Crimson Avenger would grin, "Now that you met the inhabitants of this forest, what other goodies do you have planned for me?"

Last edited:
Robin nodded as he got the signal and looked to the others with a nod of understanding.
"Well perhaps after Red here has her fix she can hook us up with some of the new tools, but for now, Marry Men, we're off!" he declared.

Soon they left and Clair returned her full attention to Calla, letting out a sigh of relief.
"Oh, the names? Well, I was thinking that maybe poppers for the little one, and maybe, I don't know, cracking fire or something for the medium one." She suggested,
"Or I don't know, maybe what the others called them? Honestly, I planned to let you name them all." She admitted as she pulled out what looked like more of what Clair called Poppers.
"Okay, so I also have this, let's say you are in a rough spot or need to escape, but don't want them to chase, you just-" As she said that she threw the pebble at her feet and smoke arose from where she was standing obscuring vision of her temporarily until the smoke cleared.
"Then you could escape!" She declared.

"Okay next is very important you don't get confused, this one will make smoke like the other, but this smoke will, really, really, really, hurt the eyes of whoever is in it, trust me." She told her showing another small marble-like item.
"I am not sure how to show that without causing us both a lot of pain." She admitted.
"Maybe the one can be a smoke screen? and the other, eye burns? I don't know, hehe, bad at names." She chuckled.

Calla watched with the Smoke Screen and thought about it, but when she pulled out the others and explained what they did... She shook her head. "Then those are going to have to be a different colour." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "The Noise Pellets, Smoke Screen and... Uh... Eye Burns? They're all the same size, so each will have to be a different colour. Something to distinguish them. I only have so many pockets for these gadgets. I'm going to need a non cumbersome way to not only keep them separate, but to carry them. I need my two sheathes, one on each hip, for my swords;, my quiver of arrows for my bow; and pack of darts and bolts for my crossbow." She then said, as calm as she could. "Most important, however means of tool belt to carry everything, must go with what I am wearing. I can't become a clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk!"

She nodded.
"Okay Okay, maybe you could assist me with the colours, so that what they do are reflected by their colour for you, as well as how the utility sash or belt will match your outfit. If you show me what you want I can make it." She explained holding her hands up.

Calla nodded. "Done and done! So, since we daren't test those eye burning ones, are there anything else we need to test before heading back to the shop? Oh bother. I need stop at the seamstress. I forgot I must make the king's payment for the princess's ball gown. With everything going on with me, I may have to bow out of making an appearance, however, I can't neglect my promise as part of our truce. We can't have the princess in only her petticoat! Gregor would only understand if I find someone worthy of my ticket. Would you mind going in my stead, and introduce yourself as I introduced you to Robin Hood... My gadget inventor?"

They would have to make haste to the tailor while Clair answered.

"Okay perfect, and that is all for this time, at least all I had time for last night, I have many other ideas! But we can certainly head back now." She nodded and then heard what else she had to do.
"Wait... umm, so umm you want me, to go to the princess's ball in your stead? I umm, I am not super great at social things, so umm I don't want to like, embarrass you as a representative" She replied, her face beat red as they had already started to walk to the tailor.

Calla chuckled as she straightened her musketeer hat complete with feather. "Nonsense. I thought you handled yourself quite well with Robin and his lot." She said with a smile and wave of her hand, dismissively. "All you need to remember is, if you wear a dress to curtsy. A pantsuit bow, but never look the King in the eye. When his own daughter curtsies she doesn't. At least that's what I was told. By him. I mean, I don't. It's just not proper."

She took a deep breath. "The King rarely shakes hands. The bow or curtsy is that equivalent as etiquette to him. I learned that when we fought together. Also, address him as His Majesty, or Sire, and the princess as Her Highness or Milady Calla. If you say Milady, use her name."

She opened the door to the seamstress. "If you only remember that, you'll be golden. Oh. Yeah..." She rubbed the back of her neck, blushing, "Regardless of whether you have two left feet, do not refuse a noble a dance. It's an insult. Better to step on their feet than to say no. Worse that will happen, is being taught how to dance by the noble who's feet you stepped on." She was acting like she was speaking from a bad experience on that, and if prodded, she'd explain.

As they walked Clair pulled out a small notebook she had and started to furiously make notes on how she should be acting.
"Right okay, if pantsuit and if dress, His Majesty, and Her Highness, bow, or curtsy, no, shake hands, no look in eyes. Can I look the princess in the eyes?" She secretly was happy she was not to look him in the eyes, she found it hard to do that in general with people, let alone the King, not looking in the eyes was her default so a big bonus there.

"Don't reject Noble dance, step on feet. Okay, good because I definitely have no idea how to dance considering I have never done so myself, or even seen it done." Luckily as Clair was in note-making mode, and not super aware of social cues did not pick up on her implied past.
"I only have one left foot, perhaps I can buy two left shoes, and just having one foot be uncomfortable?" She suggested, seeming to miss the point of the turn of phrase.

Crimson Avenger shrugged when asked about looking Calla in the eyes. She did it in the mirror, when dressed as Avenger, imagining her reflection wearing her royal robes. "She's never corrected a lesser noble. Calla isn't as strict on manners as the King." She grimaced. "Not saying she'll let everything slip by unchallenged, just not as hard nosed for etiquette. She isn't called The People's Princess and Beloved for nothing. You should still mind your manners around her, Her Highness is still royalty. If not for her or yourself, mind them around her for my King and me."

She looked at Clair, just as the proprietress came to the counter. "Good afternoon, Avenger, do you need something mended?"

"Heavens, no, Milady Tailor. I'm squaring the rest of the King's order for his daughter." She handed over the small satchel, "Ten gold pieces were yet to be paid for delivery of the garment?"

The seamstress nodded. "Already on it's way, as Gregor sent word he was asking you to bring his final payment. If you can't trust him or you, whom can you trust?"

She counted it out in front of Avenger and Clair, holding up the extra one with a raised eyebrow. "Any idea why the extra, hmmm?" She smirked.

Calla was caught tipping and she knew it, but shrugged it off, "Perhaps Gregor is thankful for the quick work? I never opened the satchel, leaving it closed..."

"Nice try, Avenger. The King added tip onto his payment." The seamstress laid it in front of Calla, who's wide eyed glance to Clair belayed her as guilty of trying to add an extra "tip" out of her own pocket.

"I never count or open a closed royal satchel." Calla as the Avenger balked. "Perhaps he's aware of what Igthorne is doing to you, by charging a 20% tax."

The proprietress picked the coin up. "If you say so, but I could always ask him myself, you know. Sure, he trusts you not to steal from him... But I wonder what he'd think if the blameless Crimson Avenger was stealing from her own pocket in her bid to right Igthorne's wrongs?"

Calla bowed her head, holding out a gloved hand, palm up. The proprietress dropped the extra coin into it. "That's what I thought." The proprietress nodded, before turning her attention to Clair. "Whom do we have here?" She smiled.

Calla was so visibly embarrassed at trying to pull a Robin Hood, that she couldn't answer, leaving Clair to speak for herself.

Clair nodded listening and taking notes about how she should act around the princess, still be respectful, and follow the rules at least for the King's sake. She didn't say anything but repeated everything that was said in her head as she made cliff notes in her notebook, under the title of, 'How to act in front of Nobility.'

Clair was happy to listen to the two go back and forth, doing her best to make mental notes of how they were talking and what about. Her head moved from one to the other as they discussed the extra gold payment, her own mind wondering what exactly had happened. Had the Crimson Avenger lied about not opening the satchel and actually added the extra gold from her own pocket? Or had the King truly added it in there without her foreknowledge? She had heard about getting an extra copper or two if you did a good job but an entire gold!? that was surely a mistake, she had nare seen a silver used in such a way!

The conversation continued and she witnessed something she never thought she would see! The Crimson Avenger was on her heels! Was it true? Had her hero truly tried to sneak in an extra tip from her own pocket!? and worse of all, she had got caught! Though another curious thing, as things went on, more and more people were desperate for the coin, that gold would buy her own shop an extra day, maybe two! and this seamstress was hellbent on returning it to the Crimson Avenger, who was also adamant about making sure she gave it away! Did these two really not feel the weight of the recent tax in the same way her family did? Or were they both too proud to take it?

Before Clair could come to her own conclusions about what was transpiring in front of her she realized she was being addressed. What!? that wasn't part of the plan! Avenger was supposed to do all the talking, but she seemed to be too embarrassed leaving the duty to Clair! What should she say? She had to think fast, what had she been asked? Who was she? That was an easy one, Clair! her name was Clair, all she had to do was say her name!

"Eeep-" She let out a squeak as her face went red, her hand lifting up with her index finger pointing skyward.
What was that!? That wasn't her name, that wasn't even a word! This is why she always stayed in the back of the shop, Clair had the social skills of a rock in a tree, as to say, none at all! But she had to try again! The Crimson Avenger was counting on her!

"namlair" She mumbled.
Ahh! this Lady was so intimidating! With her high class and the fact she just talked down the freaking Crimson Avenger, how was she going to talk to her?! She had no idea what to say, or how to say it, there was only one thing to do! Turn off her brain so she stops overthinking in the third person! With that, Clair promptly passed out.

The seamstress smiled. "Don't I know you from up the road? The general store? Aren't you Handler's kid?" The amicable woman was easily twice Clair's (and Avenger's) age. "Oh dear... I believe she fainted..."

Avenger came out of her stupor. She barely caught Clair's limp body before it hit the ground as the proprietress rushed out the door for the doctor.

After laying Clair down on a cot, she patted a hand, gently. "I was so stupid. I should have known the seamstress was the least likely to accept such a generous tip. Tavern owner, doctor, maybe even your folks, Clair... certainly. I'm sorry your first impression of the seamstress was me getting caught like that, she's a very proud and old school. Tips must be earned for work done, and only by the original customer. She wouldn't have thought twice of accepting if I'd had work done and was paying for my own service."

Soon the doctor came in, "Whatever happened to this girl?"

Avenger explained and the doctor sighed, as he applied smelling salts, gently. Once Clair would be alert enough, he turned to Calla and said fatherly. "Sounds to me like you get the bill, then, Avenger. Wouldn't have happened if you hadn't tried to pull a funny."

"I realize that now. How much do I owe you?"

"Standard home visit, dose of smelling salts, two gold and a farthing." The doctor answered. "And a promise of making sure she has no more surprises."

Calla shrugged and gave three gold telling him to keep the change. "With me trying to rally Dunwynians and my two other meetings, I'll never make the ball the King is throwing, now. I really was hoping Clair could stand in for me, and introduce herself as my gadget inventor. I didn't know she had problems with social interaction!"

Amethyst arrived and overheard everything. "Well, Avenger, I owe you more than one... I could accompany her to the ball, but it means not being at your meeting you have planned as Gregor's right hand and his support of you. I could try to keep interaction to a minimum."

"Thank you. I could ask Sir Tuxford to attend the meeting with me, Dame Amethyst." Crimson Avenger sighed, not relishing the idea much. "I can't miss this meeting."

Luckily Clair wasn't hurt as Avenger acted quickly and caught her. She had not processed anything while she was unconscious, but perhaps she managed to hear what was said in a similar way that someone asleep or in a coma can.

The smelling salts did the trick, though Clair was even more embarrassed as she woke and realized what had happened to her.
"Oh, I am sorry, I got a little overwhelmed, I was not expecting that." She apologized when Calla had to pay for her.

Clair listened to the others, not liking it but knowing what she should do.
"I can do it if that is okay still. I was not ready for umm, this, but at the ball, I'll have time to mentally and otherwise prepare." Clair offered.

Avenger shook her head. "Clair. No. I should be apologizing to you for putting you under that kind of pressure. I not only embarrassed the seamstress and you, but myself as well."

"And let that be a lesson well learned, hero." Amethyst said, almost sounding like a sister. Since she was an honorary Amazon, she technically was Avenger's sister.

Amethyst then turned to Clair. "Do you need anything from your home, like a dress that can be acceptable for formal attire? If no, I think I have something that will work at my cottage on castle grounds."

Avenger raised an eyebrow. "I hope you don't mean, mm- that old dress from the princess. My understanding, from word out here, that was for you should you attend a function while off-duty."

Amethyst chuckled. "You and her are about the same size, Avenger. She should swallow her pride and meet you, and see for herself. It's too small for me, but Clair here, probably lacks only a few inches, it should be fine for her." She then looked at Clair. "But it's your choice. I will say, if it indeed fits you, and considering your position, I doubt the princess will mind you having it." A pointed look at Avenger, as Amethyst suspected, but couldn't prove Princess Calla and Crimson Avenger were one and the same. "More than likely, Clair, Calla will be fashionably late, as always. It drives the king and us guards bonkers, that the princess has never been on time for one single ball since she was 13, and after she got into that row with Cavin."

It was the Avenger's turn to raise an eyebrow. "All of Dunwyn knows that story by now, how he broke her heart. That was all anyone talked about for at least a good fortnight*."

*14 days, so two weeks.

Clair blushed holding her hands up.
"It's okay really, it's my fault for not being able to socialize well, I should really get better at that." She admitted embarrassed.

"Umm Yes, Avenger is very busy so she wanted me to go in her stead to the party, I umm, I do not own any fancy clothes though, in fact, this is the nicest set I have simply because of its lack of stains" She admitted with a blush.

"Heh, yeah they are both a bit bigger than me, especially the umm, chest area... Also, I don't usually wear dresses, I am more of a pant-suit, kind of gal. Well, more of overalls and smithing shirt, but heh, guesses those are not umm, ball worthy" She rubbed the back of her head.

"Oh right, even I heard about the Cavin business, I am not one to talk about that stuff, but was never a fan of is, to be honest." She admitted.

Avenger stopped the seamstress on her way to the back. "Clair prefers a pantsuit for a ball, she'll have one, but we'll just have to make do with that dress for tonight. Will it be too much trouble to get her one for the next time?"

Ms. Tailor looked Clair up and down a few times, before saying, "No. No trouble, and since I know where she lives and am friends with her mother, I can get the measurements in a place she's familiar with, to put her at ease."

She then addressed Clair. "Tonight's busy for you and Avenger, Clair, when would be a good time for me to get your measurements for the pantsuit? We can discuss design and colour then. Lady Amethyst is probably eager to get back to the castle to help you prepare for tonight."

Amethyst chuckled. "I'm not that eager, although we'll need time for hair, and seeing how well the dress fits. The ball starts at 5:30 as dinner will be served. Princess Calla will most likely come in, just as the entree is served. Fashionably late, for desire to skip the appetizer course, of course. You will probably just be getting out of your meeting, Avenger, so I can see why you want to skip the ball. By the time you would get there, the dancing will be in full swing, two hours after the start of festivities."

Clair nodded, and smiled, happy that she was being listened to. She started to write down on paper as they were talking but looked up as she was addressed.
"Umm well actually, my measurements are here, I had taken them recently for another purpose but still have them memorized." She said holding out the paper for her.
The paper would have all her measurements down to a T, if wanted she could make a skin-tight full suit with them.

"As for the colours, honestly I am not really sure about that stuff, I am sure you will know much better than I" Clair admitted, seeming a bit more comfortable when talking about some sort of business.

"As for tonight is there anything I should be doing beforehand, I have never been to anything like this at all, do I need a gift or like, something?" She asked.
"And as for arrival, do I wait at my place to get picked up or meet here for hair or whatever, luckily I washed my hair this morning so less than usual amount of dirt and grease, and soot, and metal and wood shavings, you know, the usual stuff." She shrugged.

Ms. Tailor took the paper from Clair and skimmed it, nodding without looking up once. "All that would be required is your preferred colour." She said calmly. "Unless you rather be colour coordinated with the Avenger, here, with a shade of red, but not her crimson, and possibly charcoal grey, as black is most assuredly, Avenger's contrasting colour."

Calla put a gloved hand to her forehead. "Let us both worry about now, dear seamstress, and talk colours on the morrow. I must fetch Sir Tuxford and head to the meeting."

Amethyst nodded with a smile. "Brilliant idea, and Clair and I shall head to my cottage, and I can have the stylist arrive within a few moments after." She turned to Clair. "We will stop by your parents' store, and let them know you will be indisposed until the morrow, as I'll allow you a bed at my cottage after the ball."

Avenger gave a curt nod of approval, and said, looking to Clair. "Remember what I told you, curtsy to the King without making eye contact with him. You will be in a dress, after all. Address him as Your Majesty or Sire. Curtsy also to the princess; it's your prerogative whether you look at her, and address her as Your Highness or Milady Calla. Now I bid you good night, and I leave you in the capable hands of Dame Knight Amethyst."

Amethyst gave Clair a smile. "Let us inform your parents where you will be spending your evening, then, and hasten to the castle. Your first ball awaits, Lady Inventor."

Clair nodded as Calla mentioned tabling the colours for another day.
"Yes, Avenger and I were going to have a color-based conversation soon anyway so we can discuss that then" She offered.

"Clair blushed, oh, is that necessary? I can always go home after the ball, I don't want to intrude" She offered nervously.

She then turned to Avenger.
"Right, not to worry, I have it all written down" She nodded showing off the notebook.
"umm, farewell, Lady Avenger, and umm, let us be off, Lady Amethyst? am I using that right?" Clair asked after hearing herself being referred to as Lady Inventor.

Clair and Amethyst then made their trips around, going where needed with haste, Clair's parents were brought to tears as they heard she was invited to the King's Ball, quite the illustrious event far above their paygrade, And! that their daughter was actually going to wear a dress something that Amethyst learned was not in character for her only having worn them before she had a chance to say she preferred otherwise. Clair also asked that she be allowed to wear pants or shorts under the dress as otherwise she always felt too exposed.

Eventually, Clair was taking her final lessons before the big event and jotting notes down as Amethyst taught her about some of the ways of high society.

Back
Top Bottom