Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daughter Dearest[Kratos&SHARPii]

Kratos:
Seth in a way could not blame his daughter for going for the bigger of the jumps.. after all even after injuries it was building up practice which then allowed her to move on and do even better and bigger. The only thing that worried his was that it would get more dangerous for Chloe the bigger the jump that she would take, and well knowing the way she did some tricks. Their was reason to be a little fearful after all he was a parent and worried.

He was used to catching the lift for skiing but now this would be something different, he had done jumps on ski's before the best thing Seth could do was with the right amount of speed and large enough jump was a backflip with a 180 spin landing backwards only to then spin 180 clockwise to continue straight. It was something that was not done often since usually he did not have enough speed or was just not confident that, that day was the day he would make such a maneuver

"Well I have before on Ski's but that is a little different then a snow board.. of which I might grab those after a few tries at doing basic jumps." Once Chloe had filled him in on everything and asked that question another smile crossed his face "Go ahead, I will watch and maybe get up the confidence to start trying the jumps.. although soon I will grab my Ski's and you are welcome to join me down our favorite slope.."

SHARPii:
"Just remember that when you jump, stay sideways because if you're boarding sideways, you're fine but if you're horizontal both ways, you will fall flat on your face. It's not pretty. Remember when I broke my nose?" She asked and shook her head with a grimace. "it'd be like that." she siad softly, standing horizontal on her board right now so that she didn't go down the slope.

"Oh and to stop yourself , stand horizonatally. Just don't land horizontally..." She added. Carson looked back at him and then smiled a little bit. "Yeah...I'll definitely join you on our favorite slope." She smiled. She then jumped and was standing sideways and waved as she went down, screaming, "See you at the bottom Daddy!" And she was off.

Seth softly smiled at her taking her advice before hearing the reason and slowly nodding his head wincing slightly himself "I try and forget it.. but I still recall it to well..." Slowly he nodded at her "Well then I will make sure to land correctly... Don't want to leave here hurt badly and having to go to the hospital in a hurry.."

Hearing that to stop was to go horizontal he took note of this, So jump straight sort of thing, and stop by making the board horizontal.. just don't land horizontal well this I can do I hope.. Sorta like skiing again.. just different Hearing that she would join him on their favorite slope he smiled before watching her take of down the slope they were on before he now himself turned his body and started to go down before taking the first small jump getting some air and picking up some speed he took the next jump doing a small 180 before then again on the last small jump spin himself back to the way he was originally before he went down the rest of the slope.

Quickly he traveled down the rest of what was left of the rather easy slope before slowing himself down before accidentally hitting something around the back of his board causing him to land on his back into the snow with still a bit of speed hurting a little as he looked over to his daughter before sticking up his arm in hope she would help him up at least. "I am ok.. just a helping hand would be appreciated.."

Down the mountain, she went over a couple of the small jumps to increase her chances for more speed when she landed. Coming across to last big jump, she took it and tucked her knees to her chest, grabbing the edge of her board and spinning in the air until she landed, luckily in a vertical direction down the mountain. She let out a breath of relief too since she was afraid that she would have landed that wrong.

Arriving at the base of the slope, she turned and watched her father come down and then she gasped at his harsh landing. "Ouch..." She grimaced and she went over to him after unfastening her feet from the board and extended her hand to him immediately. "Are you okay daddy?" She asked gently, helping him up and then unfastening his boots/feet from the board so he wouldn't trip or fall ecause he was on his board and you couldn't exactly walk one step at a time without eating snow.

He was used to going fast down slopes but it was a new experience on a snowboard.. one that did not end to well but could have ended a lot worse, it was a good thing that he had not crashed it on a jump.. Seth knew if that had happened things would have been a lot worse and for now all he had was a slightly jarred back which was not that bad considering he could have had a broken bone if fate was completely against him.

Upon her hand coming down to his he took it pulling himself up enough so that he was at least sitting up, before he began to remove one foot from the board while his daughter Chloe worked on the other. Once he was free he stretched a little trying to shake it off "Thats enough boarding for now.. I think I will grab my Ski's.. and ready for our favorite slope? I will race you if your up for it.."

"Well if you're going to let one fall discourage you from getting back on, then shame on you daddy..." she siad shaking her head putting her hands on her hips. "Though I will never turn down a race down our favorite slope on skiis. I'd have to be a complete idiot to do that since it's so much fun." She smiled. "So shall we go and get our skiis? What should be the treat for the winner?" She asked.

It was times like these she'd definitely cherish and keep to her dearly. Then again some things she never wanted to let go like her father. So ovious that it was wrong but she couldn't help it at all.It aws how she was and somewhere inside of her she knew he felt that way with her too. Or she could hope at least. Everyday she could hope.

Seth hearing Chloe shook his head, " I am just hoping of for now.. But I will use it again maybe even today..." Hearing what was next to be said a soft smile crossed him, "Well you know I am going to win... After all I was the one who taught you how to ski..." A soft smile was on his face as he put out the challenge not minding if she did beat him or not. His mind starting to think of what the winner would get.

Slowly he thought his mind thinking of a few things before coming up with the perfect thing, if she did have feelings for him.. she would either tell him her's or if he did actually win well he would surprise her and notify the way he actually felt about his daughter.. "well how about we have to say something that we have held in deep secret for a while now.. but the winner must wait until we get home to tell such a thing.."

"Please you are so not going to win. Because I can ski and snowboard." she siad nodding, thinking that would give her some kind of an advantage but it tended not to since he always one. Hopefully this time she didn't fall and and roll down the mountain. It seemed to happen all the time. It hurt a lot. Hopefully it wouldn't happen this time.

As he declared what the winner will have to do, she nodded and grinned. "Deal. You're so on. get ready to lose...this time!" She added after a small pause. Thinking of her darkest secret. Ooh it was a scary thought. what if she actually won? Then she'd have to tell him the only dark secret taht she had been keeping away for so long. Oy vey....What to say? How to say it? It already scared her so much on how to say it, how to word it. What if she made a fool of herself?

Concentrate and purposely lose! what a motto...!

A small smile crossed Seth, he usually would win and even though she brought up a valid point it would not make much difference since snowboarding experience seemed not to help when it comes to skiing so he had noticed over the other times. Commonly she seemed to fall down some of the mountain but he would help up Chloe if that happened after all now that he realized what he said the winner had to do, he was not so sure about winning this time.

After all since the two of them seemed to tell everything he only held two secrets from her.. and that was he cared for her more then a father actually should.. well cared was not the correct word it was more the fact he actually loves her more then a parent should and the other secret is how long he has had these feelings for her. "If I lose you have to say you secret.. so either way I don't mind winning or losing.. both ways I will be winning somehow.."

Now that was settled it was time to get their ski's and catch the left lift.. were it would take them to the steepest slope.. it only had one jump which did not have to be taken and the run was mainly designed just for speed purposes.. perfect for racing.

"Alright. Deal." She smiled. When he said he'd be winning somehow, she had a feeling. what if taht when she told him her secret, which was that she was in love with him pretty much, that he'd be happy about it and maybe he did feel that way about her too. A lot hope spurred up into her and she was definitely pining for him to win so he would admit it and it'd be easier to react to it. Swept away into his arms and return all those feeling with the perfect kiss. Oh it sounded perfect!

"Lets go." As they went to get their skiis, she got the pole thingies too taht you hold in your hands to help with skiing. Helps make you go faster or something. [forgot the name and function of them >.<] Once she got all she needed and he got all his, she walked out with him and then headed over to the lift standing in line. It had been a while since she ahd been on this lift and slope and it was the steepest and highest up and it was scary. Since this only happened lke once year around the winter time when the slopes were at the best since there was actual real snow too, after so long it get a little scary and she always got nervous.

Not even the snow boarding slopes were so high up or taht steep as the ski slope that they were going to be going on.

Seth was going to try and lose now, although had a feeling both of them would be trying to do that as both of them wanted to hear each others darkest secret, although he was actually going to say once he won that if he tells his, well then Chloe has to tell hers, a little catch in the deal to make sure that he did win in some way at least as telling her his feelings more as a lover then a father was going to be hard and he feared she would push away.

Part of him was scared and part of him was excited, he always had a feeling that his daughter loved him.. more then a parent, she just seemed to be like that but Seth never took assumptions considering he knew that he actually felt an attraction to her. Quickly he looked over to Chloe seeing her prepare her ski's and grabbing her ski poles (I Google'd the equipment and that was the best name I could get for it ... lol and are mainly used for balance apparently) The pair of them once ready now walked towards the lift they had been to numerous times, their was only so many times a year that this slope was usable to its perfect extent, and this was one of those times.

Now he decided that telling Chloe his little catch was the best idea. "I want us to properly race, and I have a little catch.. who ever wins has to tell their secret first, and then the other person has to tell theirs... deal? that way it does not matter who wins" he actually wanted a proper race and so this seemed like the best idea

Looking at him as the line was moving rather rapily now, she looked at him and nodded. "Darn and I was about to BS our race and let you win again." She giggled. "Alright so no forced mess ups, no trying to make the other fall. Nothing but a clean solid good race. Whoever gets down to the bottom first wins and must be prepared to share their darkest secret." Sort of like a check list to ust understand it. "i'm game."

Once the lift came, she moved towards it and sat down and held onto her skiis and ski poles as securely as she could so they didn't drop on the way up the slope and then waited for him to sit down. once he did, and they were all secured, they were off, going up the slope to the top and ready for one hell of a race.

Soon they'd be racing. one of htem will get to the bottom first and that person will be held responsible to let out their dark secret first. Oh it was knotting up in her stomach since she was always afraid to tell a guy how she felt about them. And sure it was her dad which made it even harder since taht kind of a love was forbidden. She felt like she was going to be sick since couldn't exactly face rejection that well but she knew she could do it. Chloe was strong. I'm gonna be sick.... She thought but did her best not to let that happen.

The line started to move more quickly now some people walking away and out of it not bothered to wait the others getting into the lifts, causing the line to get even shorter. Hearing her state all of what she said Seth smiled at his daughter before nodding "And I am game as well and accept all of those conditions," Since he was nervous he was not sure if he would beat Chloe this time.. but could see she also was nervous.

Finally the lift seemed to finally be able for them to be able to get, Now that she sat in the lift he sat the other side firmly holding his ski poles. His ski's were attached firmly ready to be used, this race had a lot at stake really and he was shaking a little, Seth did not know what he was more scared of.. telling his deep secret or hearing her own as he had a feeling it was about him.

The lift started to go higher and soon they would reach the top although at this moment he took slow breaths and time seemed to be going slower for now as the lift made its way upwards towards the peak of the slope were they would begin. They would be racing soon, and afterwards they would head home then tell everything. The lift came to a halt as he looked over her getting of the lift before standing ready, "You can say when.. and then I guess it is meet you down the bottom sorta thing.."

She was always so afraid that if she put her skiis on when she went up the lift, the binding would spontaneously get loose and one or both would drop. And she got even more afraid that they'd drop on someone's head. It was an odd thought but it was natural for Chloe to think such a proposterous thing that it'd drop on someone's head. It's possible her skiis could drop but only a fifty-fifty chance of them dropping on someone's head.

Once they got off the lift, she put her skiis down as well as the ski poles and then got her skiis on. Once on and nicely secured, she grabbed the poles and moved to her father, as the starting of their race. She looked down the slope and gulped. Somehow each year, it got steeper and steeper. HEr stomach was going nuts, flipping and churning and raging with butterflies all at once. Even tied in knots. Her heart was racing and she was sweating. Ew.

"And go!" She nodded, pushing forward with her ski poles and she was headed down the slope, not trying to go too fast.

The lift seemed to move so slow, that or time itself just seemed to be going slow as it gradually rose up to the peak of the slope. Maybe it was because his heart was pumping a little faster then normal his mind wondering what could be his daughters secret and also that he would have to tell the only thing he had kept from her. Seth was not the type to keep secrets yet only kept this one in fear that he could possibly lose his daughter Chloe if he told her how he felt. Even now as he stood at the top not even on the lift his mind had just thought about how it was slowly rising to the top, this race going to expose how he felt about her either way.

Slowly he walked with his ski's that were tightly fastened his breath a little more slower then previous yet his heart was still pumping quite heavily. Seth quickly glanced over to Chloe as he stood there waiting for the signal that would start the race. His eyes had noticed she seemed to be sweating a little which meant maybe she was worried or nervous about either hearing or giving away a deep secret. Quickly he pushed off after her, even though he stood ready his mind reacted a little slower then normal a little distracted as he now raced down after her.

Slowly he picked up some speed before reaching Chloe and then smiling before having to almost yell out a few words "Your gonna have to go faster then that to win.."

While she began to advance down the slope, she looked over to her fahter a few times, making sure to dodge any obstacles that came like any unever patches of snow or anything that could send her toppling over. something which she really didn't want since she wasn't a very good skiier but a better boarder. Laughing a bit as she kept with her current pace, she looked at him as she spoke nae, more lke yelled, "I'm trying not to win. This slope is scaryyyy" She screamed the word scary, as it got slicker causing her to go faster than she wanted.

Fiddling with the poles to make her go a little slower, letting them hit the snow some, it didn't exactly help since it was making her feel like she was losing control. It was hard to control since she wasn't used to this speed. Of course, this made her heart speed up faster, pounding so severely that she could feel it in her head and well everywhere else on her body.

The jump was coming fast. She could see the mound of snow approaching and already so scared now, she was too late to dodge it and ended up going right over it, getting quite a bit of air but being the horrible lander she was, when she landed, it was kind of off. Meaning, her right ankle sort of bend out, causing it to sprain and by that, both her bindings got loose in fact and she fell off when they dug into the snow at the bottom. Falling on her back, she grunted and just lay there, groaning.

Perhaps it was the overwhelming fact that she'd have to share her deepest secret regardless and fearing the outcome. In her preious years when they skiied this slope, she did just fine. This was her first injury on it again after so long. Pushing her hat and goggles off, she lay there in tremendous pain, feeling like her now swelling ankle was trying to squeeze out of her ski/board boots.

He was holding back a little himself, this time the slope did not seem as well formed as previous years and even him with the experience level that he had.. well Seth was even being a little cautious as he had to try and dodge obstacles before hearing his daughters response. A soft smile grew on his face before he saw her begin to pick up a lot more speed something she seemed not prepared for which could mean problems as he raced down with her.

Slowly he had risen just a little ahead of her looking back seeing that she seemed to be in reasonable control yet just hoped she would dodge the jump as knowing Chloe's luck at this speed it could be bad since she was a better lander on a snowboard and even then.. she had plenty of falls. Quickly Seth skied away from the jump and around it knowing that even at this speed he would struggle before realizing she had not moved out of the way and then quickly stopped himself watching as she landed.. well more like crashed into the snow his face looked away before muttering "Ouch."

Seth stood there now and looked at her before finally realizing, she needed his help. Upon thinking that he hastily removed his ski's now remaining in his boots as he began to run up towards her, luckily no one takes the jump on this hill meaning she was at least sheltered from any people heading down this slope although they had seemed like the end of the line meaning that they had some time before another skier came past anyhow.

Now he started to run towards her before stopping as he got to her leaning down lightly leaning his hand against her cheek "Were does it hurt... Do you know what you landed on..?" Worry started to surge through him before he slowly began to unlatch her from her ski's still wondering what his daughter had hurt "It will be ok Chloe.. I am so sorry I should not have rushed you.."

Having fallen either face first or on her back plenty of times but not too seriously, she hated that feeling when she did fall on her back and how it made her feel. It was sickening pretty much, like she was going to puke. She always got that feeling and it tended to make her breathe really hard, skiing or not. She whined a little bit, as she tried to shift her legs a bit but it hurt too much.

Once her father came to her assitance, she tried to calm her breathing down a bit but it was hard to. It felt like any moment she'd throw up when definitely she wouldn't but it was just that feeling. "Nnn it's my ankle. My ankle..." Tears came to her eyes. It hurt. One of those accidents that hurt just so much but wasn't as serious as it felt and tears just naturally came. They rolled down the sides of her eyes and she sniffled a bit, pushing her hands down in the snow, trying to sit up some, not wanting to strain her back even more. "It's not your fault Daddy...I lost control is all." She said as she gave up and just lay there. It hurt too much right now.

Seth never liked seeing his daughter in pain, it was something that seemed to even hurt him. After all it almost felt like he felt some of her pain and well had also injured himself plenty of times so knew what Chloe was going through.. that and well she was no stranger to injuries either so he had to relive it all every few months or so up to recently anyhow.. were there was a larger gap. Gently his fingers unlatched the boot before very gently sliding it off to give her at least some release of pressure.

Since he was a little worried that his daughter had damaged her back he shook his head at her and gestured for her to lay down still. "If I had not said for you to go faster.. you would have been able to dodge the mountain.." A soft sigh escaped him before looking deeply into her eyes. "Well for what happened.. once we get you to the bottom of this slope... even though we are close.. well once we have you all fixed up and head home.. I will tell my deep secret.. and you don't have to tell yours.."

She let out a soft sigh as he took off her boot, not able to see if her ankle was swelling or not. Looking at him, she sniffled a bit and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, laying there and feeling completely useless since she couldn't move. Chloe hated when she was injured. Otherwise then she felt like dead weight who couldn't do a thing and it sucked... a lot.

She shook her head gently and looked at him to the side of her. "I didn't go faster because you told me to. This mountain got slicker or something, I dont know but I lost control. I didn't will myself to go faster. Don't blame yourself okay Daddy?" Her gloved hand came out and reached to his hand, squeezing it gently in reassurance. "I promise." It seemed as if someone was watching their entire race all to see the accident and had called for help for Chloe since she couldn't exactly stand. Perhaps she hit her back a little extra hard. Well she did, flip over and land on her back. That could hurt...a lot!

As some help came, she was lifted onto a stretcher to get her off the mountain and to safer place. mostly to the lodge's medic to be checked out before deciding whether or not she needed to be sent to the hospital if there was any real damage. The guy who came on the snow mobile bringing the little ambulance thing for Chloe, offered to give Seth a ride back seeing as the ambulance was already gone back towards the lodge, having loaded all their ski gear too.

(so so so so sorry for just disappearing, my mind died for a week x])

Seth felt completely responsible for what had happened and even though she told him to pretty much not beat himself up for it, well he felt bad.. which was the reason why he was going to tell her his deep secret instead of making her tell him hers, How would he approach it though.. this worried him the cold breeze not exactly very refreshing but more chilling just adding to everything as his eyes looked down at his daughter who looked in pain.

Quickly it seemed help had arrived as he watched his daughter Chloe lifted onto the stretcher.. oh he had seen this scenario many times the injuries always varying, all he could do is hope that this time it was not to serious and that her back would be fine.. as from what he could tell it looks like a nasty landing. Seeing that a lift was offered he gave a soft smile, it was the best he could manage as he accepted and they went down the hill.

More worried about her status then the fact he would be telling her how he felt soon, well Seth was nervous and more so worried waiting for any sort of notice that it was just a sprained ankle and that since she was always quick to recoveries that would mean she would be fully healed shortly.. well generally that's how everything went. They were now at the lodge as he rushed towards were the medic was wanting to know if it was extreme or just what he hoped what it was.

[no worries ^^]

Once at the lodge, Chloe was taken to the medic straight immediately to get her back checked out over anything since it could be severely dangerous. Plus she'd rather be safe or sorry as well as them. Getting a check up and even an x-ray, she'd have only a sore back, nothing more dangerous or sever and if not enough evident, a rather badly sprained ankle from her landing. She didn't need to wear a neck brace but they did wrap up her upper back and her ankle after putting some ointment. Given some painkillers, she remained there to allow herself to get back dressed.

The ski lodge doctor found Seth and he looked at him explaining to him about Chloe. "She just has a sore back and a sprained ankle. Now I have put some ointment on both her back and ankle and bound them up. Give or take about a week her back should be fine though I suggest bed rest for that week and perhaps a month or so for her ankle. It's a little badly sprained but as long as she is off that foot, and ices it a few times, it will help with speedy recovery. She's inside." He nodded to him and then went back inside.

Chloe got herself dressed and such and was given a pair of crutches since she could barely walk. Plus she wasn't about to make a scene by having someone carry her out to the car since she was sure they were going home. Walking out of the room, she went to her father and smiled a little bit, no longer crying and well the medications did kick in fast. "It's not your fault. Don't worry okay?" She could tell he was beating himself up about it.

Upon seeing the lodges medic he knew it was answers time, how bad was it.. well that was about to be told.. as long as her back was fine.. Well Chloe would recover quickly.. she always had, something that seemed to be a trait of hers. Upon hearing everything a soft sigh of relief escaped him, it was not as bad as it could have been This is still my fault.. I should have never suggested for us to take this slope.. after making such a deal as such.. should have just raced on an easier slope.. I knew the dangers of that one.. only four years ago she had broken her arm on it.. Oh Chloe I am sorry..

"I can make sure she gets that rest... Unfortunately I have seen her get injured quite a few times.. and so am used to such actions that I will have to take.." At first he hesitated on walking in.. still blaming himself not wanting to see his little girl in pain, well every time she got hurt that's what he felt like she was again.. his little girl, his slice of perfection before taking a deep breath and then waited for her to come out instead of entering. At least she is not having to go to a hospital.. that is a relief.. that means it really can't be that bad..

It was a surprise to see her smiling softly his blue eyes looking at her feeling sorry for what they had done, still blaming himself for the whole thing. Gently his hand now touched her cheek before he sighed "It is my fault.." His eyes looked down before he looked back up now. "Lets just go home now.. we need to get you rested up.."

She frowned when he was saying it was his fault. It wasn't. She didn't see how it was. she didn't will herself to go faster, she lost control. She could have said no to going on the slope, but she didn't. She went along with it. Not willing to go home yet until this whole thing was settle, she lead him to a bench just outside the medic area and sat down, patting the spot next to her for him to sit. SHe was sixteen, just as stubborn as he was--for that really showed that she was his daughter--and was going to get to the bottom of this.

"You suggested we go on the slope and I, me, myself agreed that we go. You didn't force me. I wanted to go on it too. And when we were on the slope, you said I wouldn't win at the speed I was going. From you saying that, it didn't make me go faster. I lost control on my own and couldn't stop. None of this was your fault Daddy and if you keep saying it is, I'll throw a tantrum...And you know I throw really bratty tantrums." She nodded.

She kissed his cheek and smiled. "Cheer up. Nothing can take down your little girl. I'm...not exactly a Clark Kent but I don't stay down for too long. You taught me that." She said softly. "You know how I bounce back so quick. I get better fast, I get happier from being depressed fast and so on. I'm perfect fine. Just a sore back and a sprained ankle. I've had worse right? But I always get back up on the skis or the board. It's not your fault." Please know and remember that okay?"

Knowing exactly what is daughter was like, there was no way that Chloe after him still beating himself up for this incident would let them go home yet. Not until she got her point across in stating that it was technically not his fault, which at this moment was what Seth needed feeling entirely responsible as he slowly sat down next to her in the spot that she had beckoned him over to knowing what was next to come upon sitting down and so upon making that decision was ready to hear what she had to say.

For now listening was the best option as he heard her start, although Chloe was saying such things.. It still did not stop Seth from feeling responsible but a soft smile glimpsed across his face at the mention of her bratty tantrum she would release onto him if this self blaming was continuing. Always knows what to say at the right time.. "I guess I don't like having to see you bounce back up.. seeing you get hurt.. I just don't like it that is all.. but you are correct.. I taught you to spring back.. and I know you will.."

Slowly he nodded to her "You have had worse.. but lets not worry anymore, lets head home.. and watch a movie together or something.. and to rest you can lay in my bed if you want.. and no arguments.. I am allowing you to.. in fact I am insisting that you do" His own stubborn nature came in now as his face held a smile before slowly leaning across and very lightly hugging his daughter. "So you can manage getting to the car then?"

The minute he stopped saying it was his fault, she felt more at ease and even though for the rest of the day and evening she'd have to be resting, she could still make sure he stopped putting the blame on himself and just let it go. A daughter like her had to do so much. But she adored it and wouldn't have it any other way honestly. Hugging him back gently, she pulled back and managed to stand up on her own by pushing herself up. Grabbing a hold of the crutches she nodded to him and started heading towards the exit which wasn't so far away.

"Come on Daddy. Many shows and movies on TV await." She giggled a little bit, continuing on forward. She wondered though if they were still going to be sharing their dark secrets. Now thinking that he may be returning her feelings she has for him, Chloe wondered, nae, hoped that they would be acting on it.

Back
Top Bottom