Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unholy Alliance: Princess Gumdrop and Nera

Brice scanned the humans mind and realized, he had missed the sarcasm. The vampire did not think twice about speaking in Jolyon's mind about this issue. He was not sure if the demon could hear or not, but at this point he did not care much.

"I was being sarcastic, Jo. It would be stupid for us to just go here to this club and deliver ourselves to the demon. It's obviously a trap, and I'm not in the mood for it either. And did the thought that the priest has an imp as a contact not occur to you yet? Is that not, evenly slightly weird to you? This place probably has been compromised. And I can't find the priest anywhere."

"There might be good information in here yet, and now we know who we are dealing with, but I don't know about trusting the priest anymore."

Jolyon glanced over and sighed, “too tired for sarcasm,” he looked down at the imp and then back over to Brice, “hence the not wanting to trust your friend, oh prince of the vampires,” he said, rolling his eyes. He really needed to find someone else to work with.

He moved over and got dressed, clearly not in a rush. An imp didn’t impress him in the slightest. He pulled off the ripped shirt and tugged on a new one. Well, borrowed one. He eyed the boom the imp had brought and hummed for a moment before picking it up again. They were going to bring this. Brice was right it could have a decent amount of information in it.

“Just saying, not sure about that,” he said in response to the other stating they knew who they were dealing with. “But I suppose if we work off what this thing has told us it wouldn’t be awful,” he said and moved back over to the imp.

“Let me see your pitchfork buddy, and we’ll go with you,” he waited open hand until the imp gave him its pitchfork before he turned around and stabbed him with it. He pressed hard enough it would get stuck in the floor and when he seemed satisfied, “alright that problem is dealt with, any chance they didn’t do that trap spell on us?” He asked, titling his head.

"I really hope not." Brice said in reply. He turned around and went to the closet to get something out of it and shrieked like a girl when, well he found the priest, dead and hanging from the inside of the closet next to where a bunch of religious supplies were hanging.

"Damn it, no matter how many people I kill, someone hanging from the wall dead in the closet still freaks me the fuck out. He was stabbed, probably killed by that stupid fucking imp." Brice looked to Jolyon. "You are just a magnet for bad luck. Now let's try and get out of here. Before anything more messed up happens."

Jolyon turned getting ready to attack when he saw the body and sighed, “Fuck, seriously? I thought you found something scary,” he said and shook his head moving over to the body, he looked at the wounds and sighed.

“Me? May I remind you that I wasn’t getting into any of this trouble until I asked you for help,” he said before closing the closet door and heading towards the library door that Brice had come through. He managed to open it and moved to step out, giving a small sigh when he could get out. With the book tucked under his arm he motioned for Brice to follow.

"Well thank God," Brice said in reply as they exited the library. "We managed to some how avoid being trapped in the basement, but unfortunately Father Daniel is dead. What a humiliating way to go, being killed by an imp. I need another drink. Maybe we should leave this church and find a hotel or something to go to, and let you choose the place out this time since my selection last time almost got us a life as a sex toy."

"You probably are hungry again as well. I don't need blood yet. I will want to get some so that I have some for my stash, and I am certain that things have not changed between us much and that you are not willing to offer your neck up to me." Brice said as he walked down the hall with the hunter and the true test came, and they were able to exit the church.

“We aren’t out of the church yet…watch the floor,” he stated and started to make his way out of the church. He avoided rugs and anything that could hide any form of incantation circles. When they managed to make it to the front church door he slowly opened it and moved to step out, giving yet another sigh of relief when he was able to get out yet again.

He had been thinking of places they could go and settled on a hotel near the outskirts of town. “Let’s hotwire the car and get out of here, I can eat later, I’m fine. I’m used to going without for a while,” he said. “As for you biting my neck…you got that damn right, remember I’m still under the impression the only good vampire is a dead one,” he mumbled.

"Don't worry Jo, I still want you dead. I just am willing to wait awhile before I kill you." Brice said in a pretty serious tone. Truth be told he was starting to forget the other man was a vampire hunter He killed his kind. Not all of them deserved it. As far as Brice was concerned, this was unforgivable. Something would have to happen about it eventually. It just was not as important as killing the demon.

"How about you hotwire the car this time, show off your mad skills." Brice said to the hunter as he gestured towards the front seat of the car, offering him to go inside and take care of the problem of needing to hotwire the vehicle before they could travel to the hotel together.

Brice got into the passenger seat, and waited, expecting that the other man would get the car started and get them to the hotel. Maybe things would go better this time then before. One could only hope.

Jolyon rolled his eyes and hopped into the front seat, he made quick work of hot wiring the car. He looked over to the vampire and smirked, “that’s how it’s done, so maybe leave the car work to me,” he snickered and drove off towards the hotel on the outskirts of town.

They surprisingly ended up their unharmed and when he got the room he looked more than annoyed when he entered. It was fine though, they wouldn’t need the room for long. Curse the gods or god or whoever was in charge of fate. One bed sat in the center of the room. He shook his head and moved to the small table, sitting down and opening the book.

“Can you still locate the demon?” He asked, he was skimming through and seeing if he could find anything. “Fuck…we still don’t know anything about that mage and we aren’t until the morning…” he mumbled.

Brice looked at the bed in the middle of the room when they reached the hotel. "That's it, God officially hates us both." Yes, Brice thought, there was certainly no other explanation for this turn of events in his mind.

He paused for a moment and said. "The spell works for a whole lunar cycle, so I can find him again. Question is, are we ready to find him? I mean, its probably best for us to wait until we have information about the mage in the morning. Maybe we both should try and get some sleep. I am exhausted and I know you have to be too."

Brice went over to the bed, jumped on it and laid back. "Actually I have to sleep in the tub, or I get french fried. This room has windows. And why cant you be on my schedule damn it. I mean you hunt vampires, your friends hunt vampires, what do they do, work 9-5 hunting werewolves too?" He paused and said. "Never mind I dont want to know."

Jolyon eyed the bed and then the vampire when he mentioned sleeping in the bathtub, “and be exhausted regardless?” He asked and moved over to the window, pulling the blinds. “There, Sun problem resolved,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“And for your information, the guy helping us with the mage does indeed work a 9-5 of helping the elderly fix their computers. Hunting doesn’t exactly pay,” he said, “even I take up off jobs here and there,” he explained. “Or pull favors from people, like this place.”

He pulled out his phone and the book he had taken, looking through the pages as he huffed and typed a few things into his phone before he moved to sit down on the edge of the bed as well, already starting to do research on the book and figuring out what he could and couldn’t use in the book. When he found the binding spell that the imp mentioned he slowly moved over to the headboard and leaned up against it. “Fuck…” he muttered before turning the page and reading a bit more.

Brice went over behind the human and started reading over his shoulder. "So the binding spell requires only salt, a candle, sage, and the blood of two enemies. Does it not sounds suspiciously suspicious?" Brice said. "I mean it could work, in theory. My blood, your blood, and voila. We have what we need for the spell. But that means getting cut. And it might not work now that we are not enemies. But lovers." Brice said, jabbing at the hunter with a smart ass look and tone as he patted the hunter on the head. "Do hope you recognize sarcasm."

After the joke he got a bit more serious and said. "I think that if the mage was a good mage and could verify and even do this spell perhaps it would work."

The vampire jumped into bed next to the hunter, "Need I draw a line between us so that there are no, misunderstandings? Either that or you can sleep on the tub. Doesn't make me any difference."

Jolyon laughed, “that’s not the suspicious part, that’s actually pretty common,” he said, rolling his eyes. “Also…really vampire is scared of getting a little cut?” he asked, arching his eyebrow a bit. “Like seriously?”

He blushed just a tad at the jab but said nothing before he sighed, “the suspicious part is it doesn’t talk about the consequences. Every spell I have ever done mentions consequences if it’s done wrong. Even this book has spells that have consequences. This spell doesn’t,” he huffed.

“Which means, though it will probably work we don’t know what the consequences are and what will happen to whose ever blood we do use,” he mumbled. He glanced at the other getting into the bed with him and frowned at the tease, “shut up,” he mumbled and went back to the book.

“You also do realize we have no way of contacting the mage even if he is on our side. Which I somehow doubt,” he let his head hit the backboard of the bed and closed his eyes. Even though he had just woken up he was still so tired. Then again he never wasn’t tired. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Months of tracking this fucking demon and I’m just…centimeters away from him. And can’t do shit all. Not to mention we have to figure out how to trick the demon into coming to wherever we put this fucking circle…”

Brice thought about it for a minute and said. "Ok so I have a really stupid idea. It's probably the stupidest idea I have had since this happened. We can get my sire to help us. I know that he summoned the dumb ass thing in the first place, but what he probably does not realize is that he lost control of the thing. Of course we can always force him to help us."

"He has a club. We could set up a special party in the VIP section. Or." Brice smirked and said. "I had another thought. I could 'capture' you so to speak and deliver you as a present to the demon and act like I really want to screw him and then we can kill him."

"I know that is cliche as hell, but I don't know what else we can do. I dont know about trusting a mage. I have done spells before. I have a certain amount of knowledge and skill myself. There is a chance I would fuck that up because I am not as trained in it as that mage certainly is, but do we really want to open a can of worms by getting a magic user involved? Even Devan would probably be easier to kill than a mage."

Jolyon listened to the ideas and sighed. They were pretty stupid, but honestly…he didn’t see much choice. “Honestly…no to your daddy. Your daddy and my daddy most definitely don’t get along and I’m already going to catch flack for working with you let alone your sire or whatever you wanna call him. So yeah, no thanks to that one,” he said.

He thought about the second one, and groaned, “fuck…fine, let’s go with cliche plan,” he mumbled. “It’s better than anything else we’ve got. I’ve got some materials in the car that we can hopefully use to kill the demon. And I know a banishment spell that does work. And I put the materials for that in the car as well, so legit we just need to keep him still if we can’t kill him,” he explained.

"Ok so how do I do this then?" Brice said. He smirked and said. "Grab you, hold your hands behind your back or something march you outside and scream. Hey dude wanna fuck? Damn this is a stupid plan but this demon is not very smart either so. Yeah I guess we dont have anything better than this. Maybe we return to the place where we first found him, by that manhole next to the sewer. Go come out come out wherever you are and wait for him to come."

"But maybe we should get some sleep first. You look exhausted and I feel like maybe that would be a good productive use of what is left of our night." Brice suggested. "What ya think?"

Brice placed his hands behind his head as he laid back on the pillow. No more sex jokes. He wasn't in the mood. He just wanted the demon dead.

Jolyon felt his cheeks go red, "I- sure," he said, "pretty sure you could go with however you want, pretty sure we're gonna get his attention," he added on. Surely, this wasn't real. Surely, he was about to get fucked over by both this vampire and demon...fuck, with his luck recently they were probably working together. He was so fucked.

The hunter looked over to Brice for a moment and sighed, "yeah, we should sleep." He looked at the book in his hands and finally set it down, pushing himself down and under the covers. He closed his eyes and begged sleep to come quickly and was genuinely surprised that it did. A surprisingly eight hours later he woke up and groaned, looking around the motel room and then over to the weight he felt in the bed beside him. He looked down at himself as for two seconds he was actually concerned that he might have slept with the man next to him, though finding his clothes on, he let out a soft sigh and moved to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Brice had not slept as well as Jolyon had, but he had not disturbed the man beside him. He knew that the hunter would be useless if he did not have any sleep.

When he came out of the shower, Brice had already ordered breakfast for the vampire, and had some how come up with blood. "I had to call the hospital and my contact to get me blood. I did not have time to try and find a murderer or someone deserving to die, so this had to do."

"Eat something. We need to get you ready for our little deception with the demon. Where I present you as a prisoner and present to the demon that I hope is half as stupid as he seems like he is."

Jolyon wrinkled his nose when he came out of the shower, "whatever, just...keep it to yourself," he said and moved over to what Brice had ordered for him. He looked at the food for a moment and nodded, "thanks," he said, looking back over to the vampire.

"Get me ready? What do we need to get read? You're just gonna take me out there with what a gun pointed to my back or something, shouldn't be that hard to get ready for," he said, rolling his eyes before he jumped at the sound of his phone going off. Honestly, he was a bit shocked he still managed to have the thing after all this time. He moved over and read the few text messages, "well, fuck," he sighed. "so do you want the good news or the bad news first?" he asked, looking over to Brice as he tossed his phone down onto the table and grabbed a sausage to munch on while he waited for Brice to make his decision.

"What is your good news?" Brice said as he exhaled loudly. "Let me guess your good news is someone else killed the demon and the bad news is now we get to go outside and kill each other?"

This time Brice was not just being a smart ass. he had read the other man's mind, and he knew the answer to the state question. He had known since the beginning that there was going to be a point when they would no longer be allies but the enemies they were all along. The time had finally come for them to face off, and although he dreaded it to some degree, he knew that when they walked outside, only one of them was going to be walking away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom