Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unholy Alliance: Princess Gumdrop and Nera

“I’m sorry the Vatican is ruled by demons? I- actually no…that makes sense…” he sighed, at least he was gaining some good information, granted some of it was information he sort of knew. He hadn’t realized that the two groups had a deal, but it did examples why it was rare to run into a demon like this one.

“As much as I hate to agree with the vampire here…he does have a point, hunters are kind of team eliminate you all…so, yeah a demons ran city isn’t going to work for them,” he stated as he watched the other rip of Brice’s shirt. He pulled back the best he could, when the demon moved over to him.

Once again he sighed, “that shirt actually, my favorite and here you go ruining it. Not going to be a very good master are you. You’re supposed to love your pets, it’s what keeps them loyal,” he said, wrinkling his nose at the other. “Also just saying, I don’t wear anything out of my clothing preference, so this is it. Hunter chic, it’s all the rage right now. Good at hiding any color blood stains and makes you look badass,” he said, giving a cheeky smile.

"You are absolutely entertaining." the demon said to the hunter with a hearty smile, looking momentarily from him to Brice. "Both of you are. You will be an absolute hoot to keep as my pets. I suppose I will just have to have the imps go shopping for me, because they have better taste than I do with these things, and they are very good at stealing whatever they want and this is necessary because my credit is shit right now and my cards are all maxed out. I need something to get you what you need. Because you are right. I need to be a good master. Or I lose face."

Brice quirked a brow at the demon. "You are the stupidest god damn demon I have ever met. I don't know how you managed to trick us even. And I am going to enjoy killing you when I get the fuck outta these cuffs. Better believe you are going to die before all is said and done here."

"You talk a good game, but you are the ones in the cuffs. Not me." The demon said.

No sooner had the demon said that then the cuffs that held them suddenly snapped open, and as Brice suddenly looked around, he saw a man standing behind the demon. He gestured in the direction of the man, and hurled a bold of energy in his direction. The demon fell back onto his ass.

"Oh great, a god damned mage." Brice said to the hunter. "At least we are free now. Do we stay and help him, or run while we have the chance and regroup?"

Jolyon rolled his eyes before he felt his feet touch the ground more firmly and his wrists be let go. He looked confused and was rubbing his wrists before looking up to see another man behind the demon. He frowned before his eyes went wide as he saw the bolt of energy be shot at the demon.

Yeah, he was ducking out as soon as he could. Jolyon grabbed the vampire’s hand and tugged, not even giving time to answer the question. He was quick to duck around the demon and head over to he only other door in the room. He just prayed it led them into another portion of the warehouse that had an out and not a closet or something.

He slammed open the door and was thankfully greeted to the sight of another long room. He ran in, dragging the vampire behind him before turning and shutting the door. He let the vampire’s hand go for a second to shove a few desks and chairs against the door before once again grabbing his hand and running off across the long room. Searching for another door and hopefully a way out.

Brice realized that the hunter was probably on to something. Run from the stupid demon. Run from the weird mage. Run, well anywhere he wasnt. They needed to regroup as he had said at first. Obviously the two of them would not be able to defeat the demon alone. He did not know what they would do. Get more hunters? Just not do it. Either sounded good to him.

The vampire let the hunter lead him down a long corridor. Luckily there were no other demons, because he was not in the mood. The reached a back door. "Let's walk. No run back to somewhere they aren't. This isn't going to be on America's funniest home videos is it Jo?" Brice asked. "Because that shit I couldn't have scripted."

He looked over to Brice, "walk, you want to walk the fuck out of here while there is not only a demon that was planning on doing...god knows what with us half naked," he said, gesturing between the two of them, "but also a mage that came out of fucking nowhere and blasted the demon on his ass?" he questioned. Though he could understand the vampire's point in slowing down. They didn't know what else was out there at the moment, the mage could have brought friends.

He sighed and leaned back on the wall for a moment. Jolyon looked back the way they came and closed his eyes. "Honestly, really would rather us walk through this door and them say 'you're on candid camera,' because, seriously what the fuck?" He opened his eyes and looked over to the vampire, "Please tell me that wasn't actually legit...demons own the Vatican? Like it really does make sense, but like, come on...little on the nose don't you think?" he offered. He sighed and collected himself for a moment before slowly opening the door. His hand still gripping the vampire's.

"Fucker has my car...so we're just gonna have to either steal one or do that little teleportation thing that the demon did...can you do that? Or like turn into a bat or shadow mist thing or something, anything useful?" he asked, just hoping the other could.

Brice sighed. He really needed to learn more talents, he realized. "No I cannot teleport. If I could have I would have when we were in chains. I cannot turn into mist or a bat or anything else either. Sorry. We will have to go for stealing a car. Brice walked over to a car. It was not as nice as the hunters, but it would have to do. The door was unlocked, so Brice slipped inside the drivers seat. "Let me work some mundane magic and hot wire this car."

It took a moment, tinkering with the wires. For a moment Brice thought it wasn't going to work. It had been awhile since he had done so after all. But he was finally successful and he started driving towards a nearby church. "Ok so, demons cannot enter these damn places, and vampires can, so, we should be safe enough, for the moment. Also we can get some clothes or something from here. I have a friend. A pastor. He lets me use the place as a safe house sometimes. I dont think he is home for a few more days though. But he leaves the church unlocked."

Jolyon sighed and let the man's hand go after they found a car and he mentioned he was going to use some mundane magic, "You know I can just hotwire the car..." he said after a moment as the man attempted to get it to run once more. "Seriously, it's not that-" he stopped when the car roared to life and they got out of there.

He must have been looking at the church with some disbelief because soon Brice had answered his unasked question about what they were doing at a church. Jolyon got out of the car and followed the vampire, "Gonna explain how a vampire got to have a pastor as a friend?" he asked. "Aren't you all supposed to be like allergic to crosses and shit?" he asked. "Pretty sure I've killed at least one of you with holy water..." he mumbled.

Still, he found a place to settle down in as he observed the church's insides. He had never really been one for places like this, but he had to admit they were rather calming. The stained glass windows had always been a favorite of his. He liked to watch the light float across the floor in odd patterns as the sun slowly rolled through the sky. "So, I guess...do you care to explain how you're fucking related to Vincent?"

"Well to answer your questions, in no particular order. holy items only affect certain types of vampires. And for your holy water and crosses to even work, you have to have to be imbued with True Faith. Likely you are not, and the stuff you tossed on the vampire was battery acid. There are priests who use it to try and pretend they are Holy Warriors when in fact, they just fight dirty, and acid, it burns even us. But maybe you are and I need to watch out. A Holy Warrior I mean. I guess I will not know until it is our turn to fight. And if fighting with you was any indication of how entertaining fighting against you will be.....I have a lot to worry about."

Truly at this point, Brice did not know if he was even going to really fight the man. But just in case, he had to have those words with the human.

"Oh and by the way," The Vampire Prince said to the hunter. "I am not the actual son of Vampire Lord and King Devan. He just changed me into what I am. So I am a son by 'blood'. A prodigal son at that. So really, what the hell are we going to do now? Whatever it is, it should include a nice strong drink. Because now I need one. And I dont mean blood this time.. I think God would understand if we dipped into the communion wine."

Jolyon sighed, “well that explains a few things then, always wondered why our home made holy water never worked,” he sighed. He didn’t really care if Brice new he was a Holy Warrior or not. He honestly didn’t believe in any of that shit anyway. He chuckled though when the vampire said he was entertaining to fight with. He supposed he was, “same,” he stated, glancing over to the man. His eyes catching the torn shirt and the skin beneath it. His face turned slightly flushed but he quickly looked away and let his eyes get distracted by the light show on the floor. That was very quickly fading.

“So his son?” He asked, smirking and shaking his head. Either way the man he was sitting in a church with was connected to the King of Vampires. Fuck…his dad would seriously kill him if he figured out what he was doing. “God might not mind, but what about your friend?” He asked, “isn’t that shit expensive?” Either way though he motioned for the other to find it. Brice wasn’t from they both could use a drink.

“As for what now…regroup, and figure out the demons weaknesses, pray that that mage kills him? I have a few banishing incantations that I know, but I’d have to gather some materials and we’d have to get him to sit still until I finish.”

Brice went into the closet which was full of wine that was used in communion rituals at the church, along with stacks of communion wafers, wafers which he left alone. He pulled out a bottle and then headed into the kitchen of the adjacent rectory of the church, opened the bottle, and took some mugs out of the kitchen of the little place. "Father Dan has really good wine here. And he would have to forgive us for dipping into it. Its what priests do."

He poured both of them a drink, handed the one to the vampire hunter, and said. "Get a demon to sit still while you do a banishing ritual. How do you propose we do that?"

"I don't know about you two knuckle heads," The pastor, Father Daniel said as he stepped into the room. He was a too good looking for his own good young priest that looked like he should have been a model instead of a holy man. He came inside grabbed himself a cup of his own and said. "How dare you dip into the wine without calling me to join in."

Jolyon nodded and took the cup of wine he was handed. “I mean I was just planning on letting him do whatever he was implying he’d do to you before. Let him stare at your naked body or whatever, seemed to keep him distracted enough before,” he said, sipping at the wine before Father Daniel showed up.

He immediately set the wine down and stood up. His eyes perhaps lingering a little to long on the priest. “Father,” he said, giving a small head nod before settling when it was clear that the priest didn’t care about them drinking the wine.

Jolyon slowly sat down before picking up his wine and drinking again, “Thank you for offering us sanctuary here,” he offered.

"Please, call me Dan," The priest said to Jolyon. "I am not representing the church in an official capacity right now, I am just a man who wants to have a drink alongside of a fellow hunter. I have heard of your family, everyone has. Well everyone in this business."

"We sometimes have no choice but to work alongside vampires in order to do what needs to be done in order to make the world a safer and better place for humanity. Brice is a good guy. Well mostly a good guy. I do hear his confessions when I must, so I can tell you that he has his moments." Daniel smiled a little bit as if that was some kind of inside joke.

Brice quirked a brow. "Yes I never did claim to be perfect. And yes I am a believer. Believe it or not, vampires can be. Some of us believe there are paths to salvation and peace for my kind. Not for some of us. Like my sire, he is just as god damn evil as that demon is."

"Yes," Father Daniel said to the two men as he poured himself a drink and had a seat beside them. "In fact, Vincent is the one who summoned the damned thing."

Brice did a spitake as that information was divulged. and in the crass manner that it was "My maker, summoned that demon? Even he wouldn't be that stupid, would he?"

Jolyon understandably looked a little confused when the priest said he was a hunter like him. He huffed out a laugh when he Dan mentioned working with vampires was sometimes a necessary, “yeah, well…tell that to my dad and see how far that takes you,” he said, mumbling over the rim of the glass.

Though his brow must have furrowed when Dan mentioned confessions, because no sooner had he mentioned that did Brice mention he was of the faith. He kept his opinions to himself at that moment, but it definitely planted a little bit of doubt in his mind about what he had been taught. At least until it was mentioned that Vincent had summoned the demon.

“Don’t know why you’re so surprised, checks out to me. Your father is a fucking asshat,” he said, sneering at the idea that he could possibly be smart enough not to. “And now we have to deal with it, like I said, I can banish him…I think, but I need some things and a way to keep him still. Doesn’t need to be long, 5 minutes tops. Then again we might have gotten lucky and that mage blasted him back to hell.”

"Ok." Father Daniel said. "I have an idea of how we can get him to sit still for long enough to banish him. Lets invite him. Well not into the church obviously. But like VIP section of a club or something like that. Someplace mundane. He seems smitten by you two, so maybe you can get him to come. Not asking you to strip for him or something so crass, but we could invite some dancers. For a distraction. "

Nice idea Dan," Brice said, complimenting his creativity. "But first maybe we should find out who this dman mage is, and if he is on his side or not. I would not assume that just because the mage attacked the demon that he is on our side. What the mage did was the equivalent hello to some mages. I dont suppose you know someone we can call and ask about the mage, Jolyon? Because I'd rather not be running in there blind when it comes to this. Again. It was a mistake before, and my mother used to say, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, well you know. You are an idiot."

Last edited:
“I take it…you…a priest of all things had access to a VIP section at a club that a demon would want to go to?” he asked, arching a brow at the other for a moment.

He huffed a moment at the mage, “I doubt he’s on our side either, mages do their own fucking thing. They don’t mess with us so we don’t mess with them…but yeah, I’ve got someone…not sure how much help they’ll be but they are pretty good at identifying people and places so maybe we’ll get lucky,” he said.

“Got a phone I could borrow, Father?” He asked, still refusing to call the man ‘Dan,’ it just felt wrong. Once he had access to a phone he called and immediately hung up before calling again. This time he waited “hey! Haha, yeah of course it’s me, who else is calling you this time of day?” Jolyon chuckled and seemed to respond to whatever the other person asked. Eventually though he gave the description of the mage. “Yeah, sorry, which I could get you more but I was hauling ass,” he laughed before nodding, “yeah yeah, just email me what you find, Kay?” He asked before hanging up the phone. “They’ll get back to us by morning. I’m the mean time we can work on gathering supplies, I’m assuming my since you’re a hunter you’ll probably have everything I need…” he said looking over to Dan.

Father Daniel smiled when Jolyon asked if he had everything that he would need because he was a hunter. "Do you even have to ask? I have holy water, real holy water, charged with real faith, and not battery acid, crosses, stakes, garlic. Candles incense, bibles rosaries, beer and pizza, stakes, guns the works. Everything you could possibly want or need."

He got more serious and said. "I run a group of hunters in three cities. One of them owns a strip club. I make a point of staying out of it because I attempt to be something of the celibate man I am expected to be. But I can get you access, no problem."

"Speaking of pizza," Brice said. "Have you ordered it all ready because if not, you will need to because Jo here has to be hungry as hell, it has been how long? And I need blood again. So I need to contact Frank at the blood bank. I need to borrow some money for that because I lost my wallet. Again."

Jolyon nodded, “yeah…I’m looking for more basic things, salt or chalk…though I think in this case, chalk would be better…circles and whatnot,” he said, giving a small shrug. “Also I need a thing of incense, though being the holy water just in case…not that I would mind shoving some battery acid in the demon’s face. I’d rather have something we know works.”

Jolyon looked over to Brice like he was crazy until he felt his stomach rumble. He supposed it had been a while since he had eaten…and he had been running around. He frowned at the other mentioning blood, but he supposed it couldn’t be helped. The man needed it to survive and for the time being Jolyon needed him to survive. He settled back slightly and finished off the wine, thinking about the past days information. He glanced down at his ripped shirt. They probably could do with a change of clothes as well, but he supposed that was the last of their worries.

“You have a knowledge cache…or at the very least a laptop?” He asked. When he felt stressed he researched. A bad habit he had picked up from his dad. Mostly bad because he tended to forget everything else that he needed to do, like eat and sleep. But it was how he managed to have as much knowledge as he did about different monsters.

"A what?" Brice asked, quirking a brow. "What the hell is a knowledge cache?"

Father Daniel nodded. "I have an entire library you can go and check out actually. And I am pretty sure he is just talking about a place to research demons and vampires, and stuff that goes bump in the night. I dont think I have heard that term before, but the laptop was a bit of a give away."

"Oh," Brice replied. "By the way, do you have any clean clothes we can have? I know you have a used clothes give away here at the church, and your clothes look like they might fit Jo here. They are a little tight on me, but that is all right, it makes my ass look nice."

"Brice Allard," Father Daniel said, narrowing his eyes at the other. "Speaking of ass don't you have to check in with your master sire or whatever the hell he is technically called?"

Jolyon arched his brow right back, "A knowledge cache, pretty self-explanatory..." he nodded when Dan mentioned the library, "Thanks, I'll see if I can do some research on my own about who this demon is and what we can do to kill him rather than banishing him. That'll just send him back to hell and maybe have a cool down before he's able to be summoned back, but it's not gonna stop him forever," he muttered.

The hunter's eyes flashed over to Brice's ass when it was mentioned before looking away. What the fuck was wrong with him lately?

He stood up from the pew and waited as patiently as he could to be shown to the library. He was going to be up all night researching that was for sure. Sure he had faced setbacks before...there were just times they didn't get the right information...it wasn't like supernatural hunting was a precise science. Was this a healthy coping mechanism...probably not, but it didn't matter as long as he got the information he was looking for.

"Well if you guys need anything, more drinks, confession, directions to somewhere you can sleep, just let me know." Father Daniel said to the vampire and the other hunter. "I will be going off now to get some rest so I will be ready for mass tomorrow morning."

"Just the phone," Brice said in reply. "Because if I dont call the King soon he is going to lose his shit on me and its been a bad enough week with this demon bullshit as it is."

With that the priest handed Brice his phone, and he got on it, put it on speaker phone and gave him a call. It was pretty mundane. Brice calling him, Dad, agreeing to come see him tomorrow, and that kind of thing. and it was quite obvious that Brice tried to get him off the phone as soon as possible. He hung up the phone and looked over at Jolyon. "Not a word about calling that bastard Dad, just, not a fucking word."

In the early afternoon, before the sun had risen, but not long before it would, Brice knocked on the library door before stepping inside. "Well its about an hour until the sun goes down. I obviously cannot go out until then, but if you want to get a head start feel free."

Jolyon tried to keep his laughter in when Brice called the other vampire dad. "What no I love you?" he asked, the moment that the other got off the phone. He chuckled and shook his head before heading out to find the library.

It was where he stayed the rest of the time. He was fighting sleep for the longest time, so much so that it just passed over him leaving him awake, and before he knew it Brice was coming in and telling him that it was an hour before sundown. He glanced at the clock and then rubbed his face. He was surrounded by books. He looked over one of them again and sighed. He had found nothing on the demon and nothing on the mage. Jolyon looked over to the vampire and nodded, his face looked tired. "I should probably sleep..." he mumbled. He had been up for so long without much in the way of rest or a break.

"Wake me up when you can go out. We'll leave then and go talk to Father Daniel's contacts..." he muttered before looking over to the sofa in the library and headed over to it curling up and passing out.

Brice realized that Jolyon was extremely tired. He left him to sleep for about three more hours, and came back after he had had a shower and had gotten a few changes of clothes for them both.

"Hey, Jo, the sun has set, and Father Daniel's contact did more than just call us back. He is here. Right now. You aren't going to believe this."

Brice opened the door, and in marched a little imp, a pint sized man just a couple of inches tall carrying a pitchfork.

"Hi, I am John. I came to help you destroy Rauyam the demon that has been terrorizing this town once and for all." He pointed at the table and a book appeared out of nowhere. "There are powerful binding spells in here. Just get him in the club, and these should trap him so you can cut his head off."

Jolyon groaned when he heard the other speak. He sat up on the couch looking hella confuse still clad in the same jeans and ripped open shirt when then man opened a door for an imp. He stared at the imp for a second before yawning and almost laying back down to go to sleep, he was too tired for this shit.

Then the imp spoke and Jolyon groaned louder before glancing over to the book that appeared. Rauyam? So that was that mother fuckers na- His eyes went wide and he shot up heading over to a few of the piles he had made, skimming through the books before finding what he wanted “this fucker?” he asked, showing the picture of a demon, “he’s already supposed to be dead,” he said. “He’s supposed to have been dead for a good hundred years at least!” He shoved the book over to the imp and then looked over at the book he had conjured.

“And we’re just supposed to trust an imp?” He asked, arching his brow at both the imp and Brice. “You guys don’t exactly have the best track record.”

"No, you do not trust him," Brice said, concerning the imp. "Not because he will lie but because imps are stupid and most assuredly will find a way to mess things up for us. We will definitely make a point out of not using the spell he gave us. 110 percent chance it wont work. Or it will have unforseen side effects."

"Its a perfectly good spell damnit." The imp said, marching back and forth with his pitchfork at the ready. "I used it just myself about an hour ago and trapped him in the basement of the club Father Daniel's friend owns while you were sleeping as an early April Fools day joke."

"You did what? You mean you trapped the fool already?" Brice said. "Why didn't you say so. Oh and Jo go ahead and get dressed now. We need to go and fall right into this trap that the demon is trying to set for us."

“We can easily just test it on the imp,” he said, looking down at the marching imp. He glanced through the book, not bothering to get dressed just yet. He looked over to Brice, “if you wanna go play sex toy, be my guest, I’m going to figure out if the spell works first. Also…remind me to never go by your friends recommendations in ‘help’” he said, shaking his head.

He glanced through the book. He had to admit, so far from what little he knew they would all work. Jolyon looked over, “hold on, you’re not not the club owner?” he asked, frowning. “So why should we believe that you even managed to get the bastard trapped? Which one of these did you even use? Hmmm?”

Jolyon was not going to fall for another trap if he could help it. Honestly he was a bit shocked Brice seemed to want to jump straight into a trap after what happened last time. Was the man dense? Especially after just saying they shouldn’t trust the imp. It made no sense to him. He huffed a bit and flipped through more. He didn’t know much about magics, but what he did know he used. And he knew none of these, just the basics of how they worked.

Back
Top Bottom